Access 2007 and Windows 7 11-22-09

I just got a new 64 bit computer with winodws 7.  I moved my access 2007 file
over to the new machine and opened it.

I keep getting undefined errors for the right and left functions.  Any ideas?

Check to make sure all of your references are what they should be.  I don't
know what "standards" windows 7 may or may not have but the errors you
describe are almost always a reference issue.

hth
--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

"Ken" wrote:

> I just got a new 64 bit computer with winodws 7.  I moved my access 2007 file
> over to the new machine and opened it.
>
> I keep getting undefined errors for the right and left functions.  Any ideas?
Thanks Jack.  I have no missing references.

Would the location of the dll's have changed?

"Jack Leach" wrote:

> Check to make sure all of your references are what they should be.  I don't
> know what "standards" windows 7 may or may not have but the errors you
> describe are almost always a reference issue.
>
> hth
> --
> Jack Leach
> www.tristatemachine.com
>
> "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
> -Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
>

> "Ken" wrote:
>
> > I just got a new 64 bit computer with winodws 7.  I moved my access 2007 file
> > over to the new machine and opened it.
> >
> > I keep getting undefined errors for the right and left functions.  Any ideas?
This sounds like a references issue, even though you don't have a 'missing'
reference.
Here are some steps to try, in this order -->
Debug and compile
Backup and compact
Restart your application and/or your computer
Check and the uncheck a reference, then close the form, to get access to
update its references list

If none of the above help, then go through the steps of recovering from
corruption.
See http://www.allenbrowne.com//recover.html

"Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Jack.  I have no missing references.
>
> Would the location of the dll's have changed?
>
> "Jack Leach" wrote:
>
>> Check to make sure all of your references are what they should be.  I
>> don't
>> know what "standards" windows 7 may or may not have but the errors you
>> describe are almost always a reference issue.
>>
>> hth
>> --
>> Jack Leach
>> www.tristatemachine.com
>>
>> "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
>> -Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
>>

>> "Ken" wrote:
>>
>> > I just got a new 64 bit computer with winodws 7.  I moved my access
>> > 2007 file
>> > over to the new machine and opened it.
>> >
>> > I keep getting undefined errors for the right and left functions.  Any
>> > ideas?

0
Jeanette
11/22/2009 8:42:38 PM
Thanks for the ideas.  I ended up running the repair tool and that fixed the
problem.

Don't know why but it did.

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> This sounds like a references issue, even though you don't have a 'missing'
> reference.
> Here are some steps to try, in this order -->
> Debug and compile
> Backup and compact
> Restart your application and/or your computer
> Check and the uncheck a reference, then close the form, to get access to
> update its references list
>
> If none of the above help, then go through the steps of recovering from
> corruption.
> See http://www.allenbrowne.com//recover.html
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>

> "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Jack.  I have no missing references.
> >
> > Would the location of the dll's have changed?
> >
> > "Jack Leach" wrote:
> >
> >> Check to make sure all of your references are what they should be.  I
> >> don't
> >> know what "standards" windows 7 may or may not have but the errors you
> >> describe are almost always a reference issue.
> >>
> >> hth
> >> --
> >> Jack Leach
> >> www.tristatemachine.com
> >>
> >> "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
> >> -Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

> .

IF Statement #7
I'm trying to create an IF statement whereby if a certain stock in my portfolio goes up for that day's activity, it will display a green up arrow; if it goes down, a stick person dangling at the end of a rope. (Just kidding about that one). The GIF pictures I want to use will be in the same subdirectory as the Excel spreadsheet. I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks in Advance!! Ron_D If you would care to use the WingDings font instead of a GIF, try this: =IF(K3>1," J",IF(H3>F3,"K","L ")) Then format the result as WingDings. You get either a smile...

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Access 97 can't resize database window

Here is fix for Windows file problems

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

users with restricted access

Estimated Revenue of an Opportunity 03-09-07
Hi folks, It would be very useful to be able to simply quote an amount for an Opportunity without having to break the amount down into individual products. This can be done through the Estimated Revenue field of an Opportunity. When it is set to be user provided, the estimated revenue is not carried over automatically when a related quote is created. Write-in products can be added to a Quote, Order or Invoice to achieve that functionality but as far as I can see there is no facility to achieve the same thing with an Opportunity. Basically I would like to set an Estimated Revenue valu...

Office installation and Windows 7

unable to read file #7

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

no access to send internet email

Using later version of microsoft access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

IE 7 webpage view
How do I make IE7 keep the webpage I want displayed everytime I open it up, without having to resize it everytime? Thanks, RED in NC Try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use Maximize) Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the size next time. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 06:27:53 -0500, in microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, "anglirich" <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: >How do I make IE7 keep the webpage I want displayed everytime I open it up, &g...