Summing of Different sites within a day

Hello! I have an employee attendance database for 2 sites, FL and AZ. My
report is sorted first by date, then by site then by reason (there are 8,
e.g. "Vacation")

I have a sum in each Reason footer that gives me the total number of hours
everyone at that site was out for a particular reason.

I also have a sum in each date footer that gives me the total number of
hours everyone at both sites was out for all reasons.

What I need is this sum in the date footer to be broken up by Reason,
regardless of site.

Thank you for your help!

I don't get how a "Sum" can be broken up by anything - you surely mean that
the next level of grouping after Date is Reason?  I've struggled to get my
head around this, but it sounds to me that you are trying to make one report
do the job of two.  Surely you need a separate report which either omits the
grouping by site or reverses the last two groupings, so it's grouped by
Date, by Reason and then by Site?  Of course, you can have both reports
available.

Phil, London

"Ashley" <Ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello! I have an employee attendance database for 2 sites, FL and AZ. My
> report is sorted first by date, then by site then by reason (there are 8,
> e.g. "Vacation")
>
> I have a sum in each Reason footer that gives me the total number of hours
> everyone at that site was out for a particular reason.
>
> I also have a sum in each date footer that gives me the total number of
> hours everyone at both sites was out for all reasons.
>
> What I need is this sum in the date footer to be broken up by Reason,
> regardless of site.
>
> Thank you for your help!

0
Philip

how do i set up view hourly basis per day in outlook journal?
i am using microsoft outlook 2003. in the journal, entries i wish to see hourly per day foramt verticallt the way we see in the outlook calendr by selecting the current view in day/week/month. How can i enable the same in jiurnal. Best regards, RK create a day/week/month view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Help on sum in Macro !
How can I write a macro that will take values from different worksheets and sum them in a particular cell in another worksheet? The formula is a basic sum formulu but the files are save in different folders which makes the formula really long when they are not opened. For example the formula would be =sum(C:\My\Qtr1\Jan\totaltime.xls This path would be in the formula 14 different times with the folder name (above is Jan (12 months together)) changing each time. Thanks for any help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Does any one know how to solve my problem? How to writ...

make the cell hyperlink to any name within it
is it possible to make the hyperlink relevent to the text within a cell. i.e if the cell said paul it would email to pauls email address or if the same cell said mark it would email to marks email address and so on. any ideas regards Hoyt Create a table with two columns, column A would be a name, Paul etc, column B would contain the equivalent email address from column A Select the range of data entered then choose Insert Menu and Name and enter a name for this range. Then use Data Sort (this function wont work unless the data is sorted into order). Highlight the cell you want say C2 ...

Difference in dates
Using Excel 2007, I would like to see the difference between 2 dates. 1 column is formatted as: month/yr. I would like to use the (now or today) command in the second column. When I open up the spreadsheet, I want the difference between the 2 columns to reflect today's date. Thanks Hi Charles, Assuming the first date is written in Cell A1, then Write inside cell B1 the following formula: =Today()-A1 if the formula's result is showing as a date, then format that cell as a number. ------ http://www.free-training-tutorial.com "Charles Eaves" wrote: > Using E...

Sum Numbers in a Cell that has text
Could use lot's of help as I enter the world of Excel. Total novice. I was given a sheet that has numbers and text in the same cells. I wil need to sum up the numbers so I can produce the total storage space. Some cell examples are listed below. I do not care at all about th text. I tried to create a custom formula using " to escape the tex but when I sum the fields I got 0.00 "Gb...." Example data The data is in column G 32.4Gb available (raw) 32.4Gb available (raw) Or two set's of numbers and text in a cell. Again all I want is to su up the 3.87gb,35.8... 3.87G...

save site to cdr
How do I save site to cdr to view after shutting site down It's not a simple task. Google for: frontpage website on cd -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "SoldiersDad" <SoldiersDad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB64AC22-9666-4110-AEA8-88C8306E1114@microsoft.com... : How do I save site to cdr to view after shutting site down ...

exchange email router and crm 3.0 with different languages
Hello, I have two questions concerning the following environment: english Exchange Server german CRM 3.0 Is it possible to install an english Exchange E-Mail Router for an german CRM 3.0? Is this working? Or is it better to install a german Exchange Router, but then it's a different language than the exchange server. and again, is this working fine? Does anyone of you have experience with this kind of environment? thank you very much in advance! Thomas Hi, I installed the Spanish version of CRM with the Spanish version of Exchange E-Mail Router over the English versions of Exc...

Match / Vlookup within an Array formula
Hi, From cells A1 through L50 I have numbers. A particular row let's say A1:A50 might/would have some numbers repeating. Same for other rows in the range A1:L50. In column M from row 2 to row 10, I have some numbers (This list in column M has no repeating numbers) . I want to do 2 kinds of calculations. a) I want to know the count of INTERSECTION of A1:L1 and M2:M10. That is does A1:L1 range has all the numbers present in M2:M10 or only 8 of the numbers of M2:M10 and so on. I used the formula =SUM(IF(ISERROR(MATCH($M$2:$M$10,A1:L1,0)),0,1)) Please note I array entered the above f...

Difference between Word startup folder and Office startup folder
I copied a .dot file into the Office 2007 startup folder. When I tried to run the macro from Word 2007 I got a "disabled macros" message. When I moved the file to the Word startup folder, I was able to run the macro without any difficulty. (The .dot file contains a macro that I only use in Word 2007.) Is this a bug? Is there a reason to put a .dot file in the Office startup folder as opposed to the Word startup folder, or vice versa? Thanks. Templates in the Word and Office startup folders are loaded automatically when Word starts, however the Office startup f...

finding the delay from one day to maybe 3 day later
hello i am looking for a formula can you direct me to where i can find it? I am looking for this a study was completed on 4/1/2004 @ 8:00a our paper work was sent 4/2/2004 @ 7:00a the report was returned 4/4/2004 @ 8:00P I need to find out what the time delay is between each of the above -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formula =INT(B1)-INT(A1)-(MOD(B1,1)<MOD(A1,1)) & " days " & TEXT(MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1)+(MOD(B1,1)<MOD(A1,1)),"hh:mm") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > hello > i am looki...

Automatically Sending An E-Mail Every Day
Dear Outlook 2003 Users, My manager has come to me asked the following question: Is there a way that he can automatically send the same e-mail to a group of the same recipients on the same day at a set time? Specifically, he has a reminder e-mail that he would like to send to 10 users every Friday at 6AM. I would like to add that he is not here at 6AM. Obviously, this may require some programming or macro, but I am unsure as to how to begin, if it is even possible. Thanks a million in advance! Kevin "No Spam" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:kfe7n0tdsn0i423...

2003 & 2007 Differences in Locking Cells Syntax
The code below runs fine in Excel 2007, but 2003 does not like it. I`m not sure why. It gives me a runtime error and says it is unable to set the Locked property of the range class. I tried commenting out the first line (WS.Cells.Locked = False) and changing the second statement to" WS.Range(Cells(row,col),Cells(row,col)).Locked = True However, this did not help. Does anyone see what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Alan Sub DisableCellInput(WS As Worksheet, row As Long, col As Long) ' ' This subroutine locks and greys out the cell ' WS.Cells.Locked = ...

Incoming/Outgoing have different username/password
Hi there, I'm using a domain provider who does not supply SMTP for email; they ask you to use your existing ISP's one instead. The problem is, my incoming (pop3.mydomain.com) has different username/password to my outgoing (smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk), meaning I have to correct my username/password each time. What I desperately need is one of two solutions: #1 - Is there a way to specify different username/password for the Incoming and Outgoing servers? #2 - I actually only need to be able to send from this account, not receive. Is there a way to say that I don't want to use this acc...

opening switchboard demands parameter for query within
Using an unbound form, I set up a switchboard for a membership database that would streamline some of the regular tasks we complete via command buttons. Within that switchboard is a command button that prints a report (address labels) based off a parameter query (for monthly birthday cards). My problem is that in order to open the switchboard a user must give the month parameter regardless if they plan to print address labels for the birthday cards. I would like to only enter the information if we click the command button to print the cards. Clicking "cancel" causes the who...

Determine date based on day of month (i.e. 2nd Tuesday of the month)
I've used Excell for years and I'm usually pretty good at finding answers to my questions. However, this one has eluded me. I figure the answer is simple and I'll have a "DOH!" moment when it's pointed out... I'm trying to determine the date of the 2nd Tuesday of every month in 2007. Ideally, I'd have two columns. First would have the month, the second would have the specific date of the 2nd Tuesday for that month. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction? I can't seem to figure this one out. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#...

Maintain Aspect Ratio of 2D Plot on Different Monitors ?? #2
Hello; There's a good chance that some might have already posted this question (including myself!), but I couldn't find any related threads in this forum directly addressing the problem. Suppose you've a 2D chart displaying the fuselage of an airplane nicely proportional on the Full Screen of your desktop monitor. You copy the w/b to your laptop (with the same XL 2003) and the display is completely out of proportion because of the different aspect ratio of the screen. Q1: Instead of Full Screen display, would a Custom View help in maintaining the aspect ratio of the 2D plo...

Password protecting a web site?
I would like to have a password on my index page to block users from continueing to the rest of the web page. Is this possible? I am using Publisher 2003 professional. Is ther another way to ask for a pasword before having access to a web page? ...

PST Folders -- different formats??
Hi, I have multiple PST folders on my local machine -- however, only one of them has all the default folders (Inbox, Sent Mails) --- other just have the folders I had created. I would like to have a 'Sent Mails' folder in each of my PST folders .... how can I achieve that? Thnaks in advance. ~Raghuveer Only your default PST file will contain the default folders. You can create any folder you would like in another PST file. You can certainly create a folder called "Sent Mails" in them if you wish. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <raghuveer.v@gmail.com> wrote in m...

opening sites
When I get an email from someone and it has a "click on this site" printed in blue, and I click on it nothing happens. How can I fix this? Dudley Smith <dspmail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I get an email from someone and it has a "click on > this site" printed in blue, and I click on it nothing > happens. How can I fix this? Try this: In Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options, then the Programs tab. Click "Reset Web Settings" -- Brian Tillman ...

sum vlookup results
Dear friends: I have the following array of values in A1:A10 0 0 400 0 1000 0 0 1950 0 I have the following table in B1:C5: 1 10 501 20 1001 30 2001 40 3001 50 I am trying to find a formula that will sum the values returned if you were to take each value in the array A1:A10 and put them in the vlookup function separately using the table in B1:C5. The desired value for the above data would be = 60 (10+20+30, corresponding to the vlookup of 400, 1000, and 1950) Any help would be much appreciated! hi, you had two responses on this topic to your first post, do you see those ? -- isabelle...

Sum
Since I don't always know how many rows I will have in a spreadsheet, I would like a macro that if I run the macros on a specific column, it automatically takes me to the end the filled column and drop down one more row to a blank cell and adds the entire column. My macro is cell specific using recorder and I don't want that. Thanks much for assistance! sub sumtoend() ac=activecell.column lr=cells(rows.count,ac).end(xlup).row cells(lr+2,ac)=application.sum(range(cells(1,ac),cells(lr,ac)) end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

Pivot table hidding zeros in sum of amount #2
Hi From the pivot table below are there any way of hiding the lines with the zeros in the total column. Sum of Amount Ap/Ar ID Product Total 152344 RFUOS 0.00 RFUUK -1,150.00 13632 RPPUK -702.50 15881 RFPUK -4,207.50 16631 RFPUK 0.00 18623 RPPUK 502.00 Grand Total -5,558.00 Thus the above table appearing as below, Sum of Amount Ap/Ar ID Product Total 152344 RFUUK -1,150.00 13632 RPPUK -702.50 15881 RFPUK -4,207.50 18623 RPPUK 502.00 Grand Total -5,558.00 Thanks. ...

Access: display a different subform depending on another field?
I'm creating a form in Access, and I have a tab control in it. Under one of the tabs, I want to display a subform, but not always the same one. I have 5 different subforms created and I want to display a particular one based on the choice the user makes in a field further up the form. Is that possible? artemi wrote: >I'm creating a form in Access, and I have a tab control in it. Under one of >the tabs, I want to display a subform, but not always the same one. > >I have 5 different subforms created and I want to display a particular one >based on the choice the...

Erasing Outlook Calendar from within Excel
I have several schedules in different Excel files that I need to export I need to run the exporter from each file everyday to keep my Calenda up to date. How can I have the macro in each Excel file erase all item from the Outlook Calendar with a given address before it exports m dates? In other words: I run the Macro; it scans the outlook calenda and erases all entries in my Outlook Calendar with an address of "12 Anywhere St"; then it scans my list of dates and copies them from Exce to my Outlook Calendar. I already have the part written that scans m list of dates and copies them t...

Adding two days of data on one row
Hi, Here is the issue. I am using Access 2003. I am in a central time zone and I run a report that is in Pacific time zone. When I export this data it shows all of the data for yesterday and then goes into two hours today. For example: The report that i run is from 2:00 am CST which would be 12:00 PST on 1/28/2008 to 1:59 am CST which would be 11:59pm PST on 1/29/2008. When this report is exported I am showing data essentially from 2:00 on 1/28 to 1:59 on 1/29. Since I have data for two days I need to get a total for three colums. I then need to calculate a formula based on that inform...