Split Form with need to Provide Selection List

We have an Access 2007 application that has a split form (built on Table-1).

We now need to add some type of facility that will allow our users to view
data from Table-2 (while working on the Split form based on Table-1).

They will then select one row from Table-2 which will contain 6 fields which
we need to plug into Table-1.  We are still fairly new to Access and we are
not sure of the best way to accomplish this task.

Thank You,

Brad

Need to populate data from different sheet.
I have a drop down list of branch names in one sheet. The source sheet (separate one) contains the values of this list and addresses and contact information, as well. I need to populate adjacent cells in the one sheet with the respective addresses and contact information, matching the selected branch name. EXCEL 2007 Please check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 57. If you enter numbers (1 to 9 in any order) into worksheet_1 cells A2 to A10 it will pull back the corresponding values into worksheet_1 cells B2 to B10. The, "translation table" ...

Search information using the main form
I am making a access db with a main form and linked a subform. I can show the record by entering the primary key in the main form and the subform will show the relevant information --- that is ok! But i try to enter infomation in the other text box in main form but no action only the table content changed! ---- problem How to use the other text boxes to search the record and the result can be seen in main form and of course related record will be shown in the sub-form as using the primary key. How to prevent the content to be changed as mentioned but only after the button will created lat...

need to access outlook
i cant get in to my account when i open my outlook. Hi Steve, please tell us more about that error. Have you installed anything? Have you changed anything? -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Steve Bersch" <sjjcb@pacbell.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b5a01c4727c$fdeceb10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i cant get in to my account when i open my outlook. ...

Need to solve problem w/ RSS feeds
Hi -- I have a Windows XP computer running Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 server in the background. Outlook is running RSS Popper to retrieve 15 RSS feeds, each of which is saved in a separate folder in the user's Exchange mail store. Now I have a Windows Vista laptop running Outlook 2007 with that same Exchange 2003 server in the background. Outlook here also (natively) retrieves these 15 RSS feeds and saves them into the same folders in the user's Exchange mailbox. The problem I'm having is that neither RSS aggregator knows what the other is doing. I wind up with to...

Pb with Data validation based on named list
Hello, I create a Name as Test = {"A" , "B"} (not a range but a list of datas) by the menu 'Insert" / "Name" / "define" Then i cant'use that name "Test" in the Data validation Combo box by the menu "Datas" / "Validation" / "Option" / "Autorize" (List) The error message is that system does'nt accept in "Source" = Test Where is the Probleme thanks for your help Gilles PROVOST Hi Gilles You don't need the named range. In Data Validation>List>Source>A,B No need ...

Select SQL during installation
Hi Everybody, MSFT, MS CRM Gurus I need urgent help. I am installing MS CRM where SQL server 2000 (SP3) and MS Exchange 2000 and Active Directory are on an SBS 2000 Server and MS CRM is on windows 2003. (Supported Architecture confirmed by MSFT) The SQL server is installed and has one default instance (SP3) and another instance (SP3). When installing MS CRM on win2003 Server (when we need to Select SQL Server), I am not able to connect or just see the computer where SQL Server is installed (SBS). I receive the following error: Setup could not open a session to the instance of SQL Se...

Change Needed
I have a neat VB code that I use in Excel. This code imports data from a text file into columns in an excel spreadsheet. The excel file has two worksheets, one is to input the .txt filename with a button for the VB code to do it's magic and convert everything I have in the text file, which usually has the same layout (in each txt file) in terms of what data I want columnized in excel. The code goes as follows.... Sub ConvertFile() Dim LCStart As Long Dim IQStart As Long Dim Lat1Start As Long Dim Lon1Start As Long Dim Lat2Start As Long Dim Lon2Start As Long Dim NbmesStart As Long Dim...

Has any one setup a Bowler Handicap Form?
Hopefully, someone that bowls will see this, and have an answer! I use a bowling program which allows me to import to Excell (and other programs!). I import the following information, the Lane the bowlers are on, the team number, if they are male or female, their current handicap. I am able to sort the order to where the team that is bowling on lane one is on the top. This information is imported to my sheet 1 of the workbook. I would like page two of the work book to be set up, to where after the import and sort, it automatically, puts the information in a printable form. Some teams ha...

Set form dirty through unbound control
Dear all, I have an unbound listbox (multiselect) on a bound form. The listbox and its selection are populated via vba from a table. I have an invisible helper txt field which is bound to a table. The helper txt receives whatever is selected in the listbox by setting its value property to the list box elements. Unfortunately this does not make the form dirty. Apparently changing the value property of a txt field does not trigger the dirty event but only changing the text property of a text field does. I can not set the text value of my little helper txt field because it has to have focus ...

Command button on a continuous form
Hi, I have a subform that lists all the records linked to the main form's record. Naturally, there is a new record at the end of the list. I put a command button on that subform so that the user can edit the corresponding record. But the problem is that all the command buttons are enabled (on every single row, even the new record row). I would like to enable only the one occurrence that is on the selected record. Is that possible? Thanks. -- Jac Tremblay No, what you probably need to do is to put the command button in the form's geader or footer. -- Arvin Meyer, ...

Location of the List of Names that AutoFill To:... line
How do you clear the list of names that automatically appear in the To: field when you start typing a name? ...where are they kept? Outlook 2002 see article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;287623&Product=out >-----Original Message----- >How do you clear the list of names that automatically >appear in the To: field when you start typing a >name? ...where are they kept? > >Outlook 2002 >. > ...

Custom Forms Authentication
Hi, All, We’re rolling out Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the coming weeks. We’ve developed a lot of customization, including developing custom solutions to help extend Microsoft CRM 1.2 to meet our business requirements. We’ve created a virtual directory inside the Microsoft 1.2 Website and used the ISV file for integration. We would like our custom solutions to share the authentication of Microsoft CRM so the users only have to login once (Login to MSCRM)… Basically, because our users have already authenticated it doesn’t make much sense for them to authenticate again when accessing our c...

Using Outlook 2000...need help moving mail
We have a Micosoft Mail postoffice that we use to handle internal mail. Now we have someone at the company who has a Palm Treo 700w smartphone. He needs to get his internal and external mail. Our external mail is a POP3 server, hosted by someone else, and this person can get email sent to his internet email address. We need a way to automatically forward the mail from the MsMail postoffice to the internet email address so we don't have to have everyone at the company forced to use his external address manually. ...

Sending email not using Global Address List?
I want to be able to send email for a specific user in the Global Address list using an SMTP address. Everytime we send email to tha person, it goes directly to his inbox. We would like for this message to go to the .com address, not the X.400. How can I accomplish this? Thank you. Keith You are going to have to give us a bit more detail for us to understand what it is you are trying to do. What version of exchange? How is it set up? Do you have SMTP addresses for everyone? Is the SMTP address the default address, or the X.400? What app are you sending from? etc... "Keith ...

data validation in the form
Hi, I would like to perform data validation before the insertion of a new record into the table in Access database. So in the form, i have a few fields that need to be checked to see if they are empty or entered. I have the following codes in the event of "Form_BeforeUpdate" Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim mesg, Title As String 'Check if all the required fields are entered If Me.Stud_ID <> "" Then If Me.Department_ID <> "" Then 'warning message mesg = &quo...

can't see Canadian banks listed
I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online setup, there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to each of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken does. Your help is appreciated Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default of USA? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails...

Form Closing.
I have read a few of the questions and answers in the forum regarding this, but to be honest, I have lost the plot with it. If I have a switcboard form, from where I navigate to the other forms, how do I close the previous form? Say I go from the switchboard to say to the main input form, then back to the switchboard again. Where would I write the code to tell me to close the main input form? As ever any help is gradly received and appreciated. Many thanks. Cel504 Have a button to open the second form. Private Sub cmdOpenForm2_Click9) DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2&quo...

Please,I need help ASAP
I created a Named Range containing a series of product code descriptions, which I need to use for validating data entry on another column, on the same worksheet. The worksheet view is "Page Break Preview" with a custom zoom factor of 60%. Everything on the worksheet if clearly visible, the font heigh is 14 on the entire sheet, however the dropbox shown when a cell on the validated column is selected is at a much smaller zoom factor, it still has more space to disply the lines. It can't be read, as if the font heigh were set to 8 or something. I have tried everything...

Can I customize my drop-down font list?
There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to go through them all to find what I'm looking for. I've tried deleting some of the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success. Sometimes they delete, sometimes they don't. There are dozens of fonts that are so similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like to cull the ones I never use. Get yourself a font manager. There are free managers around and there are better ones that you will have to buy. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+fon...

I need a realistic view of expenses or I'm Qbooks bound....
Hello. I'd really value some help: I use Quickbooks for my business and am used to getting a bill, posting it on an accrual basis, and then paying it. This gives me a true understanding of my budgets. Although Money (and Quicken)has a fantastic interface, that enables me to download xactions directly from my accounts, it doesn't give me a true picture of my expenses, so as a budgeting tool -- unless I'm wrong -- it's worthless. Example: My daughter goes to daycare. I have to pay $3,000 for five months at the beginning of the year -- September. Because Money only shows ...

Need grayscale to monchrome conversion
Sorry for the non-mfc specific question but could someone point me to an article or group that might have info on converting a grayscale bitmap to monochrome? I've imported some code from IJG that converts jpg to grayscale but I need monochrome on a non-windows system. Thanks and again sorry for the inconvenience. isn't a grayscale bitmap also monocrhome by default?? "MAO" <nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:eC$b85l%23EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Sorry for the non-mfc specific question but could someone point me to an > article or group that mig...

Selection.Information Question
Hi all, I am wondering if it is possible to return the table number of the current selection. I have a document that contains a button for creating a new table (formatted in a specific way), each new table contains a activeX control checkbox that if the user clicks they are prompted with a msgbox that asks if they wish to delete part of this new table. Each new ActiveX control is named checkbox1, checkbox2 of course. potentially users could create anywhere up to 200 new tables and without creating a separate sub for each checkbox in anticipation (i.e. document template ...

Select previous 52 weeks for every week in calender table
Hello, I'm trying to create an SQL statement that will retrieve the previous 52 weeks for every week defined in my calender weeks table. Let's say the calender_weeks table contains 1 field called week_no - numeric (6,0). The following SQL statement works fine for a given week. I would like to know if it's possible and how to get the same results for every week defined in my calender_weeks table. In other words, how can I make this work without specifying a specific week?? SELECT TOP(52) a.week_no as week, b.week_no as rolling_week FROM calender_weeks a, calender...

Excel Postcode list to map
Hi, Sorry if you've already had this on the "misc" group but no reply:- I have a list of UK Postcodes in a Spread Sheet in Column A, and a List of Date/Times in Column B. I'd like to plot these on a map so that lines are drawn to show show the route in time order. Does anyone know of an excel addon, programme or website that will allow me to do this from a worksheet? -- Rich http://www.rhodes-pefkos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-lardos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-kolymbia.co.uk "Rich" <rich@richdavies.com> wrote in message news:0HhHo.35263$sK1.32443@newsfe21.i...

Splitting cells into multiple records
Hello, Here is what I am trying to do. I have an access DB that Excels pulls info out of and puts in a nice little format. My issue is that some of the fields have multiple records in it. Here is an example of the DB: First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation You would only have one first and last name, but there might be multiple instances in the issue and remediation cells. First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation John |Smith | Issue Number 1 | Remediation Number 1 | Issue Number 2 | Remediation Nu...