Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?

Hi Everyone,

I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my
accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new
databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month
and using the same "Categories!."
So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and
start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has
been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about.

Thank you
Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :)

Hard to advise without some info about your tables, but sure sounds like a
bad data structure - more like an Excel workbook where each spreadsheet tab
is one months data.

Let's use your checking account as an example:

tblMyChecks
    TransactionID
    AccountID
    TransType
    TransDate
    Amount
    etc....

This one table can store all transactions from all accounts for all dates.
You display and report a single account's records for a single month by
using a query to filter the transactions.

Look at some of the existing sample databases in Access for tips on how they
structure and relate tables.

"Angeldelight" <Angeldelight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my
> accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new
> databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous
> month
> and using the same "Categories!."
> So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored,
> and
> start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what
> has
> been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about.
>
> Thank you
> Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :)

0
Ed

How to account for mail back rebate in money
I have bought bunch of stuff where i pay up front money but on a later date i receive mail back rebate. How do i account for this refund in the Microsoft money? I did not see any category or feature which supports this very common practice of mail back rebate. Is there any add on feature which support tracking of mail back rebate (whether i received or not and flags when its past due after few weeks) Thanks Parikh Enter a similar cost entry [spend, increase, etc] but with a minus value. This will give the net cost of the item you purchased. "Parikh" <anonymous@discussio...

Graph Help- 12 month graph, but only want months that have passed
I need help setting up a graph. It is a simple bar graph, that has the months of the year on the x axis, and production in tons on the y axis. I have a table setup for this Jan to Dec, but obviously only have data for Jan through May. Is there a way I can set up the graph so it will only make the graph Jan through May, but as I add more data, and months go by, it will automatically add a new column for June, then July and so on and so on? I do not want the months that have no data to be graphed with a value of zero, I would rather them show up automatically when that month has data....

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

How to Filter cells and save the file with certain criteria?
Hello. I have a Excel file that contains a large list of Tracking Numbers. The tracking numbers are from two sets of order types- Internet orders and Mail Orders. Orders that are from the Internet are matched up with a order number such as "5678". Orders from the mail-order side are designated by initials "MO". So in Excel it'll look something like this: trackingnumber orderid 123365656666 5467 152155896345 5468 123365634567 MO 152134567789 5469 152151234563 MO Is there a way to eliminate the Mail-Order rows and save the Excel file to ...

Not being able to enter Purchases account for the entire receiving
On the latest service packs for GP 9.0, and now for 10.0 as well, end users who receive in goods onto a purchase order for noninventoried items can no longer click on the Distributions button at the bottom of the window to type in accounts for Purchases. Long story short, you have to click the expansion arrow to the right of the line item and type in the account manually. Otherwise, you get an error message. A client that is new to 10.0 has voiced this concern, saying that it is going to be a pain for her to have to type in the GL Purchases Account number for every line item. Puttin...

Multiple postmaster accounts
Does anyone know how to configure the NDR's to be sent from multiple postmaster accounts? We have an exchange 2003 organization running in native mode, containing three admin groups servicing multiple domains. Is there a way to configure the account's that send the non-delivery reciepts per domain? Currently all our NDR's come from the default domain set in the default reciepient policy. How can we get the NDR's to mirror the domain they were being sent to? ie: postmaster@a.com or postmaster@b.com -- Many Thanks On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:59:12 -0700, Nikrep <Nikrep@...

Starting with a new pst file
Hi, I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. How should I proceed to make this? Thanks for your help, Olivier Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote: > I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File, Browse to where you want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name ...

Saving as web page for workbook with frozen panes
I have tested saving workbook with frozen panes as a web page but can't get it to save all tabs while freezing the upper pane. When I choose file, save as, Web, Save, it will save the entire workbook with all of the tabs, but WILL NOT freeze the top pane. When I choose file, save as, Web, Publish, it will save only one tab, and but WILL freeze the top pane. All suggestions welcome! ...

Utlitilty to remove Zombie Accounts
Hi I have upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and have a number of Zombie accounts that are not automatically being removed. Is there a utility that can I can run to remove these accounts. Here is the key help message I found. "This error is related to the appearance of zombie users. Zombie users are users that appear in an Access Control List (ACL) but not in Active Directory. " "User Action To correct zombie users in an Exchange organization, use System Manager to access each folder specified in the message. In the folder Properties, click the Permissions tab, and...

Adding a new Entity in MSCRM
Hello How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in MSCRM. Any help is appreciated Thanks In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be able to "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61839A6-57CA-474D-9D3D-BFB6F8C1543E@microsoft.com... > Hello > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in > MSCRM. > Any help is appreciated &g...

Sending from multiple accounts
This has been asked before but there doesn't appear to be an answer, so I thought I would try to keep this alive. I have multiple accounts in Outlook. They all send through the same SMTP server (this problem goes away when multiple SMTP servers are involved). All my outbound e-mail is now going out under the default account name, regardless of the account selected. There is no authentication on my SMTP server, so that option won't work. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? ...

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

save formats of percentage when copying a chart
How do I keep the percentage format of data on a chart when I copy/move the chart to another spreadsheet that does not have the original data in it? ...

Exchange 5.5 and dcpromo new domain
Hi, I have the following problem: I had an Exchange 5.5 server that was a member server in a NT4 domain. I've upgraded this server to W2K domain controller of a new domain and now, I can't get into the Exchange administrator program anymore: "You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" and DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. This must be because only members of the old domain have permissions on the Exchange server (according to the directory service). When i use "runas /user:olddomain\exchange c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin", I get "unknown user na...

multiple owner for one account or for example contacts
Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact ??? I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner (crm user). Thans for answer On Aug 11, 3:24=A0am, "Rafal" <rkoczen_1...@o2.pl> wrote: > Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact = ??? > > I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner > (crm user). > > Thans for answer Hi Rafal, No it is not possible to have more than one owner for any records. What you can do is make the "Open Activies&q...

Convert Years to Years/Months/Days
Through a calculation, I get an amount of time in years (ex. 1.31 years). How would I convert that number to years/months/days based on a 360 day year? Thanks! Corey Also, for our purposes, a month is always 30 days. Just multiply your result by 360? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) <coreymartin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136384291.470002.53750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Also, for our purposes, a month is always 30 days. > Look in HELP for the DAYS360() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <coreymartin@gma...

workflow send email template to both case contact and account
I am in a desperate search to find a solution for creating a workflow that sends an automated email notification upon Case open to both the contact that submitted the case and parent account's primary contact/email. It seems that i can only do this manually, or send to one or the other but not both. Any suggestions from another service provider that has tackled this issue? Perhaps I am not seeing a logical approach that already exists. thanks, Austin ...

IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access th...

Account listing total doesn't match actual account
Hey all. I've got an interesting problem that hopefully you'll be able to help with. In the Account List of Money 2004, the total for one of my credit cards shows $33.74. Once I click on the account, however, Money says "You owe: $0.00" which is correct. The total in the account ledger is correct and jives with what the credit card company states. Has anyone else run across a problem like this before or does anybody know how to solve it? It's really weird that the two totals don't match; the rest of the accounts are fine and all match. Thanks in advance!!...

How can I make a calendar containing only six months per page?
I want to print a calendar with exactly 6 months per page. All of the template choices seem to be either 1 or 12. Any ideas? What version Publisher? Divide your page with grid guides. In 2007-- Insert, Design Gallery Object. Calendar, Select the date range. Adjust to fit the space. You will have to do this six times. If you have earlier versions there were wizards... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "David M" <David M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A8F66BD-4ED4-4439-8E9E-4A1E1833AC1A@microsoft.com... >I want to print a cale...

how can I get outlook to set up my email accounts and have the se.
I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow access, then the message now says that the email address line in outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is correct. It acts as though my previous attempts have somehow not been erased from the memory of the program. cjseals3 wrote: > I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow > access, then the message now says that the email address line in > outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is > correct. It acts as though my previous attem...

New to CML & VB
I am using VB.net and am having a real problem figuring out how to parse an XML response from a web service. The response I get back is, this is a variable in my app.... <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE confirmation> <confirmation confNumber="123456" statusCode="0" errorNum="300" message="Order Accepted" totalItems="6" totalPieces="6" totalCube="10" totalWeight="100" /> So my question is how do I parse this to get the values into variables names the same as in the XML?? AHIA,...

GDI+ Save Background and Printing
Hi, I'm using GDI+ for devoloping a Graph XY object. I use a graphics associated to a bitmap Graphics graphics(dc->m_hDC); Bitmap bmpZone(rZone.Width(), rZone.Height()); Graphics* gZone = Graphics::FromImage(&bmpZone); and I draw into gZone then I "paste" into original graphics. graphics.DrawImage(&bmpZone, 0, 0) I have two kinds of problems 1) I'd like to use transparency so, I think, I need to save the background of the area before start painting (I need to repaint because I allow the user to zoom certain part of the graph). Is this the right way ...

Need Report of Average Monthly Expenses
Using Money 2002 Deluxe. I would like to see a report of an average of expenses per month for all categories / subcategories for a given period of time, such as last 12 months. It would be a short report. How much have I spent on average per month for the last 12 months on groceries, for example. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I can get a report for a given month of actual expenses, but not a monthly average over many months. Does anyone have an idea how to do that? John I think this is one of those occasions where you might want to use Moneylink and Excel to produce m...

How do I set up a file to automatically save on exit?
I have created a file that several users will be accessing with varying computer skill level. I want to be sure that the file saves automatically when they close the file out rather than having to answer "yes" to the "Do you want to save this file?" question. Can this be done? Brian Yes, that can be done with VBA programming. The following macro will save the file whenever a close command is issued by the user, regardless of whether the file has already been saved. This is a Workbook event macro and must be placed in the workbook module. Post back an...