report date range

I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history
form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing
so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the
date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in
several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME.
The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text
box with the logic of:

="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & "
and " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![EndDate]

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Kim P

klp

You have [BegtDate] - should this be [BegDate] ?

"klp via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history
> form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing
> so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the
> date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in
> several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME.
> The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text
> box with the logic of:
>
> ="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & "
> and " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![EndDate]
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
> Kim P

> .

Yes is should be BegDate sorry. typo.

RonaldoOneNil wrote:
>You have [BegtDate] - should this be [BegDate] ?
>
>> I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history
>> form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>> Kim P

klp
12/18/2009 3:53:31 PM
Without the typo, that should work in this case.  But another way of doing it
is to pass the value to the report via the OpenArgs mechanism.  This has the
advantage that the calling form need not remain open, which while not
necessary in your case, might be preferred in other situations.  So ignoring
the additional criteria for the sake of this example, the code to open the
report from the form might be along these lines:

Const REPORTNAME = "YourReportName"
Dim strCriteria As String
Dim strArgs As String

strCriteria = "TransactionDate  Between #" & _
    Format(Me.BegDate,"yyyy-mm-dd") & "# And #" & _
    Format(Me.EndDate,"yyyy-mm-dd") & "#"

strArgs = ""Report Date Between: " & Me.BegtDate & _
    " and " & Me.EndDate

DoCmd.OpenReport REPORTNAME, _
    WhereCondition:=strCriteria, _
    OpenArgs:=strArgs

Add a text box to the report with a ControlSource of:

=[OpenArgs]

Note the use of the ISO standard of YYYY-MM-DD for date notation when
defining the date range for the OpenReport method's WhereCondition argument.
This ensures that the dates entered as the parameters are correctly
interpreted regardless of the system regional date format in use.

While on the subject of the OpenArgs mechanism you might find the demo file
at the following link of interest.  It shows how multiple arguments can be
passed, either as a literal value list, or as named arguments:

http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=libraryMessages&tsn=1&tid=24091&webtag=ws-msdevapps

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

klp wrote:
>I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history
>form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing
>so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the
>date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in
>several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME.
>The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text
>box with the logic of:
>
>="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & "
>and " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![EndDate]
>
>Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>Kim P

KenSheridan

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Report Format

Designing Report Troubles
Hi, We just tried to customize a report with Visual Studio 2003 We followed the instructions from the book Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0 from MS Press. We downloaded the reports, we set up a project,.. ... not made any changes yet .. ... but the report is not able to preview and brings up the following error "No connection to Adventure_works_cycle" even we made a connection to sa .. and the connection was tested successfully. Why is the report drying to use a database that is not installed? (I know what the adeventure works cycle database is :-)) Why is AWC named in the "...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Display Report Header/Footer
Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the smartass MS VP who came up with the bright idea for the Ribbon so that I can call her and have her tell me how to display the Report Header & Footer in a report? Obviously, I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to do it with this simplied, intuitive, help-ya out m***** fu***** ribbon. Oh stupid me, its under 'ARRANGE'. How idiotic of me to think that it'd under 'DESIGN' since I'm 'designing' a report as opposed to 'arrangeing' a report. "microsoft"...

date/time formatting

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

eXtender and Crystal Reports
I've created a Crystal Report to print eOne solutions eXtender fields. They store inaformation in 4 different tables: EXT00101 (String), EXT00102(Numbers), EXT00103(Date),EXT00104(Time).. I have created a View that unions all these tables - and convert them into a Varchar.. Once that is done, I've created a function called GetExtFieldValue where i pass the extender window id and field number and it returns the value for that string. This report was working fine and all of a sudden it became so slow that now it takes 7 minutes to get one record. If I delete all the data from EXT...

Calculate Subreport totals in a main report Group footer
Hi all Apologies if this has been answered before but I can’t find it. I have a main Report with a Group called “Product_Category” which lists a number of “Products” in the Detail I have a Subreport named “product_costs” which has a record for each date and Text Boxes named “materials” and “fuel” (there are more but I’ll keep it simple). The Subreport sums all costs and has Text Boxes named “summaterials” and “sumfuel” in the footer (all with a height of 0.1cm) The Subreport is embedded in the Detail of the Categories and linked by Product_id In the Detail of the Main Rep...

EDC Reports
Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without having to configure it for EDC? I need the accounting department and back office mangers to be able to look at and print these reports without them actually having to or needing to do any EDC processing. You could use the Tender Summary report (Reports | Misc | Tender Summary) to get credit card totals by type & register. Marc "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message news:edLaU8DUHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without >...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

Multiple Report Dictionaries
We just acquired another company and some of the modified reports will need to be different than the ones we currently use. There are a few people that will need to work with both companies in Great Plains. Is there a way to change which reportws dictionary a company uses - or a user uses - without editing the launch file? Thanks,, Mike You could have two installations of the client on the workstation. Each installation would have a different dictionary file. The user would have to pick the right one. "MikeW" <MikeW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Altering the range that is plotted by a chart via VBA
Good morning all. I haven't really done a huge amount on charting, so I'm sure you'll think that these questions are a bit simplistic, but here goes! I plot a chart from a worksheet that contains three columns of data - the X axis contains week numbers, and is in B29:B54. Actual hours are entered in F29:F24 and cumualtive hours in G29:G24. The cumulative formula is of the form: =SUM($F$29:F29) So, each week, in order to plot another week's data, I have to copy this cumulative formula down by one cell, which, considering I have a lot of these reports, is a bit time cons...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...