Outlook Express 6: How to set up a connection to my Gmail Account?

Hi,

I am curently using the service of an ISP that does nor provide a dedicated
e-mail service. I need to use web mail service from Google.com.

I have my google e-mail address and my password.

May I know how to set up a connection to my Outlook 6 mail Box ?  I need
auto downloading of my incoming mails and able to draft my e-mail using
OUtlook 6.

Tkanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Hi Mr. Low

You have posted your question to the Access Group which is dedicated to the
Access database group.

I suggest you post your question to a group which is dedicated to Outlook
express, you may get a better response from there.

Kindest Regards
--
Advice to Posters.
Check your post for replies or request for more information.

"Mr. Low" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am curently using the service of an ISP that does nor provide a dedicated
> e-mail service. I need to use web mail service from Google.com.
>
> I have my google e-mail address and my password.
>
> May I know how to set up a connection to my Outlook 6 mail Box ?  I need
> auto downloading of my incoming mails and able to draft my e-mail using
> OUtlook 6.
>
> Tkanks
>
> Low
>

> --
> A36B58K641
Or check the GMail help...

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13276

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"MikeJohnB" <MikeJohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mr. Low
>
> You have posted your question to the Access Group which is dedicated to
> the
> Access database group.
>
> I suggest you post your question to a group which is dedicated to Outlook
> express, you may get a better response from there.
>
> Kindest Regards
> --
> Advice to Posters.
> Check your post for replies or request for more information.
> Consider  providing some feed back to the response you have recieved.
> Kindest Regards Mike B
>

> "Mr. Low" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am curently using the service of an ISP that does nor provide a
>> dedicated
>> e-mail service. I need to use web mail service from Google.com.
>>
>> I have my google e-mail address and my password.
>>
>> May I know how to set up a connection to my Outlook 6 mail Box ?  I need
>> auto downloading of my incoming mails and able to draft my e-mail using
>> OUtlook 6.
>>
>> Tkanks
>>
>> Low
>>

>> --
>> A36B58K641

0
Douglas

SBS08, interesting RWW Computer connection interruptions
I have just started to notice a strange difference between RWW on SBS 03 and SBS 08.... SBS 08 opens an SSL window that it states must remain open in order to keep your Computer/Server connection (remote desktop) remotely. By default, most firewall rules have a inactivity time-out period of XX minutes. In this case, the SSL window doesn't have any traffic once the RWW RDP session is created, at least none that I can see. So, unlike SBS 03, when you connect to a computer using RWW in O8, and the SSL timeout is set for 10 minutes on the firewall, you will be disconnected eve...

Desktop Alert Settings
Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all folders including the default folder 'Inbox' ? Using Outlook 2003 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Vik" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message news:uLkpNgLQFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all > folders in...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

setting a date type field to null
I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its value to null but I get an error. Dim HoldDate as date Holddate = "" I have several other fields that are text that are obviously fine, but I am not sure how to set a default for the date type field. I need to initialize the field after I write a record out before processing new records Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -- KSH On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:06:00 -0800, KSH wrote: > I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its > value to null but I get an error. &g...

Hot to Stop Outlook 2007 Forcing Images to Bitmaps
Hello, How can Outlook 2007 be set to not convert images to bitmaps? I've just been upgraded to Office 2007 and am having problems with images in Outlook 2007 emails. In Office 2003 I could do up charts in Excel, then to a [Copy as Picture]|[As shown when printed], followed by a [Paste Special]|[Picture (Enhanced Metafile)] in Outlook emails. This would give me an identical image as the Excel chart pasted into the body of the email so people could see the chart as they read the email without clicking about with attachments. It worked great in 2003 and kept the size of the email...

Invest 6$ 1 time get HIGHEST Output!!!
Discovers the "Secret of making huge money" in just few weeks.... You shall be amazed that how easy 1 can make money on internet just for doing 1 time work..[I GUREENTED U CAN TOO MAKE BIG$$ WITH THIS PROGRAM]........ [Use IE if can't view the site] http://mysiteinc.com/gohar/index.html ...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...