Opening a database with a new form

Hi

I am creating a database in which when users open it, it defaults to a
single form.  At the moment, when they open it, it opens on a record.

Is it possible to open it so that it's a new form (i.e. record) instead of a
previously created record>

Thank you in advance for your help.

You can set the data entry property of that form to No.
It will open ready to add a new record.

If you want users to be able to go back to other records, you can use code
in the load event to make the form go to a new record (without setting the
data entry property to No).

DoCmd.GoToRecord, , acNew

"forest8" <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am creating a database in which when users open it, it defaults to a
> single form.  At the moment, when they open it, it opens on a record.
>
> Is it possible to open it so that it's a new form (i.e. record) instead of
> previously created record>
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

0
Jeanette
3/7/2010 12:06:21 AM
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> You can set the data entry property of that form to No.
> It will open ready to add a new record.
>
> If you want users to be able to go back to other records, you can use code
> in the load event to make the form go to a new record (without setting the
> data entry property to No).
>
> DoCmd.GoToRecord, , acNew
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>

> "forest8" <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I am creating a database in which when users open it, it defaults to a
> > single form.  At the moment, when they open it, it opens on a record.
> >
> > Is it possible to open it so that it's a new form (i.e. record) instead of
> > previously created record>
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your help.
> >

> .

Hi Jeanette -

I think that should be "...set the data entry property of that form to Yes"

John

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

J_Goddard
3/8/2010 9:05:38 PM
Thanks for spotting that. ;)

"J_Goddard via AccessMonster.com" <u37558@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi Jeanette -
>
> I think that should be "...set the data entry property of that form to
> Yes"
>
> John
>

> Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
>>You can set the data entry property of that form to No.
>>It will open ready to add a new record.
>>
>>If you want users to be able to go back to other records, you can use code
>>in the load event to make the form go to a new record (without setting the
>>data entry property to No).
>>
>>DoCmd.GoToRecord, , acNew
>>
>>Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> --
> John Goddard
> Ottawa, ON Canada
> jrgoddard at cyberus dot ca

Jeanette

how to display a form for the user to select a list of contacts from the addressbook
Does anyone know how i could (in vb or vb.net) display a MS Outlook screen which can be used for the user to select a contact from the address book. I need a screen to display the outlook contacts and for the user to select one of them and this screen should return the selected contact. Then i should be able to get the details of this selected contact. Any idea??? The code will be used in an external application. ...

Text Form Fields
Not sure if I have posted this in the right area, but here goes. I am more familiar with excel so working with forms in word is new to me. I have been tasked with developing a number of forms at work in Word 2003 for posting on our website. A guy who left, and is now not contactable, developed a whole range of forms before he left. He made sure the forms could be filled in online by inserting text editable fields for client use (both the 'greyed out' section and dotted lines can be seen when viewing and completing online and the dotted lines auto-delete as text is inserte...

Acrobat pdf form and Excel XML
Hello everyone, I have written a spreadsheet for some data and a chart to display that data. The data is over a two week period for shifts worked, sick leave days and overtime shifts. This is for administration staff to process. The next step was I wrote a pdf form in Lifestyle designer. The form has a layout for a two week period, the dates and columns for the information to be put in by the supervisor. Then there is a button on it for the supervisor to email the XML data to admin staff. The spreadsheet and pdf form work well. It is a problem I have with the XML data. Once the orig...

Database Unit Testing Comparison?
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here goes... I have a Visual Studio 2008 GDR Database Unit Test (Data Dude) with some TSQL that calls a sproc. I then have a single select statement that produces a 1-row result set with 2 columns. I want to pass the test if the values are equal and fail if it is not equal. I do not understand how to config/code this, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. > I have a Visual Studio 2008 GDR Database Unit Test (Data Dude) with > some TSQL that calls a sproc. I then have a single select statement > that produce...

2008: importing 2004 rules + database daemon
I just read further troubling news on Macfixit. They report that Entourage 2008 does not import Entourage 2004 Rules. I have probably over 100 rules, that is a major problem. Can anyone confirm this? Also, it appears there is no way to disable the Office notifications in 2008. Is this true? I hope MS will address these problems. I'd like to upgrade for the speed on my intel laptop, but so far it seems there are just too many problems. -- --Loren On 3/14/08 5:11 PM, in article 140320082011095607%loren@nonono2spam.com, "Loren" <loren@nonono2spam.com> wrote: > I ...

Database is so "Heavy"
Dear all, In my access database, I need to do a lot of consults, to exclude and to include data in the tables. Then the database stay so "heavy". I know that I can access Tools =3D=3D> compact and repair database, then the database stay with your correct measured. Is there any way to do this in vba code? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. Hi You could do this from an OnClick - something like Private Sub ButtonName_Click() Dim strDBtoBackUp As String strDBtoBackUp = "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\DBName.mdb" DBEngine.CompactDatabase strDBtoBackUp End Sub ...

Form code runs too quickly
I have the following code attached to my form - works fine other than when the form is first opened. If the third "if" is true, the code runs before the form is even open! Any way to have the form open first before the message box displays? Just one more small point - what syntax do I use to have the message in the message box show on two lines and also have double quotes around "Job Complete" (as I have just typed)? Private Sub Form_Current() If IsNull(txtDateCollected) Then Me.lblJobComplete.Visible = False Me.chkJobComplete.Visible = False ...

Totaling cells from separate worksheets to master form
If I have 2 separate worksheets with individual cell values and want the total to show the sum of obth cells, how do I do it? Nelson Suppose those values are in F10 on one sheet and in G6 of the other sheet, then put this in the appropriate cell of your master sheet: =3DSheet1!F10 + Sheet2!G6 to add them both together. If your actual sheet names contain spaces you will need to include apostophes around the sheet name, like: =3D'First Sheet'!F10 + 'Second Sheet'!G6 Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 21, 10:31=A0pm, snake941 <snake...@discussions.micros...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

Opening/Saving an Excel Attachement
After opening an attachment in Excel or Word the default folder that it saves to is a temp folder in the local settings. How can you change this to default to the users my documents. Remember we have opened these documents from an email. ...

can't copy text to new pub document
I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand why this is happening. How do I get it to copy the entire page as is? I am using Ctrl A or Select All. Thank you. Oh, another thing to add: Even if I select only a single text box, it will not copy any text. "lindalou" wrote: > I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It > will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand > why this is happening. How d...

can't open .jpg from outlook 2000 without saving first
We have a laptop running Windows XP SP1 with Office 2000 Premium SR1 installed, all patches up to date. When this laptop receives an email message with a .jpg file attached, we cannot double-click the attachment to open it. We get the error message, "No file format information can be found in the registry." When we clicks OK, we get the message, "Unknown file format." Microsoft Photo Editor opens, but nothing appears. If we save the file to the desktop, it opens without any problem, but uses the program Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. When we go in to the Fol...

Opening multiple accounts in Outlook 2003
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? achen <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Assuming I h...

Problem with Excel opening multiple documents
Operating System : Win XP sp1 Excel 2002 sp2 Senario: Double click on xls document from explorer and the document opens fine in excel. Double click on another xls document from explorer and nothing happens. Try again and still nothing happens. Switch to excel to try File Open from the menu; However, Open is grayed out. Press esc key and the second xls sheet opens up. Anyone experience this problem or know of a solution to fix it ? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work t...

Opening attachements from emails in outlook express
Outlook express is blocking access to all attachements on my emails even those that I know are 100% bona fide. I get the message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments" next to the paperclip icon. I only set this up to receive my emails recently so may have made a mistake in the set up. Any ideas??? Thanks David Deal "David Deal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022301c3b2bc$4c78b240$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook express is blocking access to all attachements on > my emails even those that I know are 100% bo...

Excel 2007, Basic, Square-1 Opening Question
Clicking on an xls or an xlsx file opens Excel 2007; however, the file itself does not load/open (no blank sheet either). Only way is to drag the file from its directory. What have I done wrong? Tks! Wayne Try minimizing and then maximizing Excel to see if that makes the file appear. If it does, I'll build a small routine that does that automatically when a file is opened. This appears to be a very frequent problem for some Excel 2007 users. Bob Flanagan <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9jg3b49oe5t308vjcngefg41f5htajrm2r@4ax.com... > Clicking on an ...

Report Will Not Open 02-22-08
I have only one of several reports that will not open either in view or design view. All the others are ok. The error message reads, "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try again..." My Vista computer has 3 GB of ram!! This happens both using Access 2003 (512 MB Ram) and Access 2007. How do I get this program to open? ed Sounds like the report has gone bad. Can't promise, but see if this rescues it: 1. Make a back up of your MDB, so you get mulitiple chances at fixing it. 2. Open the Immediate Window (Ctrl+G), and ent...

Log of users who open the workbook
Hi y'all, I used the search command and found several of your answers to this question, but each of them failed in the VBA for some reason. Yes, I'm in the VBA part (Alt+F11), I double clicked on ThisWorkbook, a window opened and I pasted the given code, one at a time, into the window, saved, exited the book, re-opened the book, and get an error each time. I dont really need to track changes, since I'll be the only one making any changes. The other user(s) who open this are only there to get information that I've entered, nothing else. I'd just like to know the...

Default server where new public folders are created
Hi all the group; Question: where -what server- new public folders are created by default? For example, imagine the following: BACKEND1 at location LA: this backend has 1000 public folders already created BACKEND2 at location NY: this other backend has 1000 public folders already created, too 500 users are located on BACKEND1 (this is, the mailboxes of that users are located on BACKEND1) another 500 users are located on BACKEND2 (this is, the mailboxes of that other users are located on BACKEND1) ALL the public folders are replication between BACKEND1 and BACKEND2 (BACKEND1 replicates to ...

Spreadsheet Opens in 2 Windows ??
Hi - I'm running Excel 2002 as part of MS Office XP. I have one spreadsheet that has begun opening two windows whenever I open the file - filename.xls:1 and filename.xls:2. This only happens with one particular file, and has just recently started with that file, so I'm sure it's something I've done. When I update the file in one window, it also updates in the other window. How do I get this thing back to opening normally, in just 1 window?? Thanks a bunch. Whit Open the file, press Ctrl + F4, save the file, you (or someone else) saved the file when you had 2 windows of the s...

Open hyperlinks in new window as default?
I'm using Word '03 to compose for a blog and generally would like all links to open in new windows. Currently I have to set this for each individual link. Is there a way to spec it as the default? Thanks, Paul -- Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14. http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/ On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:22:41 -0500, Paul B wrote: > I'm using Word '03 to compose for a blog and generally would like > all links to open in new windows. Currently I...

Search within formed html doc
I am creating a formed html doc, using xml control in aspx page from xml doc using xslt transformation and want to be able to find a particular record. I would be grateful of some general guidance. Can I implant in xslt file an anchor tag <a name> </a>? ...

RUS is not creating email addresses for new users
Hello, One of our customers is experiencing this issue where the RUS stops stamping new accounts with the required active directory information. I ran the Exchange Best Practice Analyzer and it identified an event where the RUS appears to be "stalled" and suggests restarting the SA. This is the second time in the past couple of months that this has happened and I do believe that if I restart the SA it will correct the problem. What I would like to know however is WHY this is happening. I haven't been able to find any information that suggests what may cause the RUS to stal...

Access Query result different when opened in automation
I have a query that pulls information from three different linked tables. (this might very well be the source of my problems but I dont understand why) When I run the query manually in Access the result set is as I expect, but when I use that query in a function in Access VBA, the where clause is partially ignored. The part that is ignored is here: (ServerDetails.SERVER_TYPE) Not Like "*Domain Controller*") The full filter is here: WHERE (((ServerDetails.ENVIRONMENT)="HOME") AND ((ServerDetails.SERVER_TYPE) Not Like "*Domain Controller*") AND (((ServerDet...

Error when trying to open saved Publisher 2000 files
I've been using Publisher 2000 for a couple of years. In recent weeks, I have been unable to open saved files. I get "Mspub has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Mspub will now close" error message, and it closes Publisher. I just todsay downloaded updates to Office 2000. The only thing that has changed since I was unable to open these saved files is that I have been diligently doing virus scans, spyware scans, and ad-aware scans. Can anyone help me? -- Thanking you once again for your help. Some articles to ponder OFF2000: Invalid Page Fault in Kernel32.dll Clicking...