how to underline a column header with dash-dot-dot?

Does anyone know how to do this? I need to underline a column header with a
dash-dot-dot, and I can not figure it out.

In Access? I don't believe it's possible.

In some other product?  You'll need to repost in a newsgroup related to that
specific product. When you do so, you should identify the specific version
of the product, as well as what operating system you're using.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"lost" <lost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to do this? I need to underline a column header with
> dash-dot-dot, and I can not figure it out.

0
Douglas
11/18/2009 5:22:33 PM
lost wrote:
> Does anyone know how to do this? I need to underline a column header with a
> dash-dot-dot, and I can not figure it out.

If you're talking about an Access form or report, you may be able to add
a line on top of other controls, and modify the line's properties to
achieve the effect you want. I've just "decorated" one of my forms this
way by setting the new line's "Border Style" to "short dashes", and
there is indeed a "Dash Dot Dot" option.

Phil, London
0
Philip

Return Value in Column 2 Q
I have a table which contains 2 columns and 30 rows of Data Col1 = Sales Col2 = ManHours I wish to "lookup" a value that is input into A1 (which will be a sales value) and Return the appropriate ManHours associated with these sales. My only problem is that my value in A1 will probably not match exactly what is in Col1. For example Col1 increments in 100's, so it will show sales of 9,000, 9,100, 9,200 etc Opposite these Sales values will be Manhours, say, 50, 55, 58 etc Cell A1 might contain 9,040, thus the value I want returned is 55. Likewise if A1 = 9,025 this should al...

Using column labels instead of column numbers
I am using Excel 2000 I want to create a module to avoid using a lage number of complex formulas. In Excel (Options) you can elect to use labels in formulas. Can I use labels in a module and if I can, how do I reference them? The reason for this is that I have to pass the spreadsheet on and the user is likely to insert columns, or reorder the columns, without thinking of the consequences. What I am hoping is that by using labels, if the column is moved the calculations will still work as they will still be referncing the correct data. I am doing a job which would be ...

PLEASE HELP: Refresh columns displayed in a report from a query ou
Hi All, I have a report whose record source is a query, the query consists of dynamic Select and Where clause and so the columns are user driven (based on what user selects on a form) I am able to display the data to the report, however I am not able to refresh the columns in the report, For eg: My SQL is: strSQL = Select Student_Id, Student_FName, Student_LName & strSelect1 & strSelect2 & strSelect3 FROM Students_Table WHRE strWhere1, strWhere2, strWhere3 Now, I am able to display the specific columns in the query based on what users select in addition...

how do I set up header words at an angle?
I have 10 items I want to use on the header line. Then on left column I want to use names. Then be able to check off the items as they are done for the client. Since the items are 10-20 characters, it will be easier to read at an angle. Thanks for help! Word 2007 or earlier can't do this (although Word 2010 will be able to). Instead, make your table in Excel, which can angle the headers, and then copy/paste it into Word. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup ...

how to get data automatic moves to next column?
I am using a barcode scanner to read in barcode numbers into excel. But everytime after I scan a barcode, excel moves to the cell in the next row. What I want is moves down to the next column. Anyone with information please help. Thankyou very much! Hi, Maybe there is way of setting up Excel and/or the barcode scanner such that the values go to successive columns rather than rows. However, the following formula may be a workaround for your current setup. If the scanned data are going to, say A1, A2, A3, ......, and you want them to go to A1, B1, C1 ...., enter the following formula...

Header pane & ng name colors
Why are some of the headers red but the rest either dk grey (unread) or washed-out-grey (read)? Why are a couple of the names of newsgroups (not in the same account) red instead of dk grey? None of these "red" cases seem to have anything in common -- they're not just threads I've participated in, it's not all of the threads I've participated in, it's not all the newsgroups with recent traffic I have participated in, it's not even just ngs with recent traffic that I've been in at some point. It certainly isn't a filter that's gotten ...

Inverting a data column
Greetings, I am attempting to invert a column of numeric data (4000-entries) without choosing ascending or descending order as the data has no numeric order. Is there a command or serise of commands to use without writing a formula to erform the action? Thanks, Mike -- Desmo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Desmo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391357 There may be neater solutions, but until something better comes along, yo...

Printing the last modified or saved date in the header/footer
Is it possible to print the last modified or saved date in the header/footer, instead of the date printed? If not, is there a way to put this value in the worksheet itself? Hi Se http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Magster" <Magster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DC85014-B09D-4CB8-9BF6-2B79E43C87D9@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to print the last modified or saved date in the header/footer, > instead of the date printed? > > If not, is there a way to put this value in the worksh...

Delete data from one column only
I have a table with 8 columns lets say (A-H) there is data in these columns consisting of 128+ rows. All I need to do is delete the information in column "A" only while keeping the data stored in columns ( B-H). I would like to do this by adding a button on the form is possible. Thank you First things first ... BACKUP! Now, create a new query in which you update the value of that field/column (by the way, Access is NOT a spreadsheet -- you'll want to stop thinking about "columns A-H"!). You can add a command button to your form that runs that update query. No...

how to totalize only column value from certain accounting -> Currency format
For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a different currency (cell format Accounting). How to perform? All cells can have any currency USD or EUR. Column A Column B: USD 5,000.00 EUR 3,765,00 USD 100.00 Total USD 5,100.00 Total EUR 3,765.00 Thank you, Bart Excel 2003 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A3="USD"),(B1:B3)) similar for euros -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c "AA Arens" wrote: > For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a > different currency (cell...

How to replace column letter in refferences with a function using the old column letter?
Hello How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? I think you mean =INDIRECT(A1&7) where A1 holds the letter in this instance. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:%23bHpscyzFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a > result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? > > Thanks for your reply. How to change...

How do I incorporate 2 columns into 1 column
All, My issue is that I have 2 columns of data, Column A and Column B. What I would like to do is combine these 2 columns into 1 that would result in something like this: A1 B1 A2 B2 A3 B3 etc There are 1000+ entries in each column and I have tried creating a 3rd column plugging into the cells the following, hoping to create the ability to click and drag and fill the rest of the relative values: =A1 =B1 =A2 =B2 =A3 =B3 etc However, when I click and drag, I am not able to keep the pattern going. It always seems to revert to something like this after I try to click and drag the fill box:...

two column dropdown menu
Hello, Is this possible to create double column dropdown menu? I cannot see any other way like creating special control for that, but maybe is there a way in MFC? I need a dropdown menu with two independent icons in a row. thanks "andre" <as@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:udVP0O%23cGHA.4224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Is this possible to create double column dropdown menu? > I cannot see any other way like creating special control for that, > but maybe is there a way in MFC? > I need a dropdown menu with two independent icons in a row. > thanks ...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

How do I reposition a column on an excel spreadsheet
I want to move column J with data over to become column B. How to do this? Select Col J. Right click>Cut Select ColB. Right click>Insert Cut Cells -- Jacob "JonesALewis" wrote: > I want to move column J with data over to become column B. How to do this? Jacob's was is a good way of doing it. Here is another. Highlight the column. Hold down the Shift Key and Drag it to column B and Drop it. Note that when you are holding the shift key and drag you get an I Beam to indicate where you are about to drop the row. If you do not hold down the Shift key...

Excel
I need to mix some columns like this: Suppose A1:A3 = 1,2,3 and B1:B3 = a,b,c How can I get C1:C6 = 1,a,2,b,3,c ? Is it possible just with formulae (no macro) ? Any help would be appreciated TIA GM -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try this in C1 =A1&","&A2 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "GML >" <<GML.16ot1c@...

Need help using MsgBox to learn Bangs & Dots
I have these things MyDb (data base name) tblA tblB Fields in tblA = Name, Location, Phone Fields in tblB = Date, Qty, Cost FormA with Sub_FormB The Question: How to write code to display Cost using bangs & dots? Assume FormA is open & displaying a record... and we double click on something... a field or a button or whatever... BUT we are not going to use "Me" so we can see how it all works... maybe something kinda like?? MsgBox code MyDb ! FormA ! Sub_FormB ! [Cost] 1 - Please show me the correct way to do the above. 2 - And... how would you do it using "Me&quo...

How do I transpose multiple rows into columns?
I have data organized (in Office 2007) as such: A B C D E F and so on I want to tranpose it so it appears in columns as: A B C D E F and so on. Is there a way to transpose multiple rows so the information is stacked into columns? Thanks a million! Copy > PasteSpecial > Transpose.........as many times as you need......can be set to a macro if done frequently.. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Nick" wrote: > I have data organized (in Office 2007) as such: > > A > B > C > > D > E > F > > and so on > > I want to tranpose it so...

Extract AutoFilter Column Values?
Hi all, I have a column of road names, with various repititions of the same name. I want to extract each individual road name to a separate column (exactly the same as the Data>Filter>Autofilter command). The column has about 500 records of 50 unique road names, and its these unique road names that I want?? Please help, its greatly appreciated!! Regards, Dwayne -- dwayneh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dwayneh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

importing columns
How can all the values from one column without putting the individual lookup in it? I want B3:B53 to be the same on 2 different worksheets, and only have to enter the data once. one way is to put =source!b3 in a cell on the destination sheet and copy down -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ANTiSEEN" <lakepir8@tampabay.rr.kom> wrote in message news:pBMEe.15413$iG6.9509@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > How can all the values from one column without putting the individual lookup > in it? > > I want B3:B53 to be the same on 2 different worksheets, a...

Add a column to look up records webpage dialog
Hello All, When in the account record and wanting to add "An Existing" contact, I click on contacts and then I click the add existing contact. If I type Jim Smith, I get 10, but I want to also display the state in the available records list, how does one add that column. I tried making state recommended and required on the contact record, but that does not do the trick. I remember doing that years ago in 3.0, but I don't recall how to do that in 4.0? Thanks e Go to customise entities, choose Contact, go to "forms and views" and customise the "<Contac...

transpose 3d cells to a column in single workbook
I would like to extract 3d cells from a set of worksheets into a single column on another worksheet within the same workbook. How can I do this? Insert a worksheet named Summary, then select the 3D range, and run the macro below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub TryNow() Dim mySht As Worksheet Dim dataSht As Worksheet Dim myRange As Range Dim myCell As Range Set dataSht = Worksheets("Summary") Set myRange = Selection For Each mySht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets For Each myCell In mySht.Range(myRange.Address) dataSht.Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2).Value = _ myCell.Value N...

Possible to "rotate" range of cells so columns are rows and vice versa?
Is it possible to select a rectangular range of cells and then generate a copied range of cells that is a rotation of the first range, where the columns are the rows, and vice versa? Maybe copy, then paste special and select transpose Regards, Peo Sjoblom davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to select a rectangular range of cells and then generate > a copied range of cells that is a rotation of the first range, where > the columns are the rows, and vice versa? > Never mind, I discovered "Paste Special" and "Transpose". ...

How do I change a row to a column?
Copy>Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:43:06 -0800, "Amanda B" <Amanda B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Help with transferring data in one column to multiple columns.
I have a list of data that ranges from one cell in column A to over 400 cells (this can change as well) in column A. At the moment I have to manually cut and paste the first 50 cell from column A to Column B, then manually cut and paste the next 50 from column A to column C, then the next 50 into column D and so on. The above should be flexible where I can vary the number of cells to be cut and pasted. Is there a way that the above can be automated? Any help offered would be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann This code should do it for you - goes into a regular code module. ...