Forms Field List

I am using a form that someone else had created but I wanted to add a
check box to it. I added a field in the souce table but when I go to
the form in design view the new field is not listed. What am I doing
wrong?
0
Hendrix

Hendrix,
    I would imagine that you have a query as the Record Source for your
for.  So... that field has to be included in that query.
    In query design mode, just drag that field to the grid.
    It should then show up on the Field List in Form Design.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Hendrix" <hendrix10@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using a form that someone else had created but I wanted to add a
> check box to it. I added a field in the souce table but when I go to
> the form in design view the new field is not listed. What am I doing
> wrong?

0
Al
2/18/2010 5:39:02 PM
On Feb 18, 12:39=A0pm, "Al Campagna" <newsgro...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hendrix,
> =A0 =A0 I would imagine that you have a query as the Record Source for yo=
ur
> for. =A0So... that field has to be included in that query.
> =A0 =A0 In query design mode, just drag that field to the grid.
> =A0 =A0 It should then show up on the Field List in Form Design.
> --
> =A0 =A0 hth
> =A0 =A0 Al Campagna
> =A0 =A0 Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
> =A0 =A0http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
> =A0 =A0 "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your =
life."

> "Hendrix" <hendri...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I am using a form that someone else had created but I wanted to add a
> > check box to it. I added a field in the souce table but when I go to
> > the form in design view the new field is not listed. What am I doing
> > wrong?- Hide quoted text -

thanks
0
Hendrix

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

"List Price" column not found in Smartlist
Dear All, Could you please advise me on how do I have a listing with Item Numbers, Item Description, Currency ID and also together with "List Price" column. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5690/20100107104873.png I cannot find the column name in the SmartList >> Inventory >... Many thanks in advance. The list price is located in the Item Currency Master (IV00105). You need to use SmartList Builder or Excel ReportBuilder to include this table. Kind regards, Leslie "WKZ0" wrote: > Dear All, > > Could you please advise me o...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Contacts are not listed in address book
When I open my address book, there are only two contacts. When I open my contact list it lists all my contacts. What do I need to do to get my full contact list into my address book? Depends a bit on what you have done so far and which version you have. You have given us very little information. Try this: right click your Contacts folder | Address Book | set as an Outlook addess book (tick the box). If it doesn't work, tell us version and how you got your Contacts into Outlook (import etc). -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Docmoney" <Do...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

my brain not comprehending the yes/no field
I have a db that enters orders. The "product" (insurance plan) has one price but 20 different "attributes" in any combo of one choice to many (plan types like medical, dental etc...) and with one "price" (premium). The plan types must show up on one line in a report with one price (they are not deliminated per plan type). The easiest way for personnel to enter all the plan types would be yes/no check boxes on the input form. My problem is I can't figure out how to make those "yes"es equal the plan name in the report! I know, it's proba...

Forms in two differant views

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

List of files
All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? John, > All I want to do is get a list of files in a directory so > they can be deleted. How do I get this list ? You can use FindFirstFile/ FindNextFile/FindClose API functions for enumerating files. If you want to remove directory with its content take a look at SHFileOperation in MSDN. -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "John" <john.f.brownell@wdc.com> wrote in message news:022b01c3788a$bb119ee0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > All I want to do is get a list of files in...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

Constant List
Is there an easy way to return the values of the ChartType constants? Excel 97 does not seem to list them in help and I have not been able to find them in google.group searches. Thanks M Select xlChartTypes in the Classes pane of the object browser. The constants are named in the members panel. If you select one, it provides the numeric equivalent at the bottom of the object browser, e.g., Const xlArea = 1 Member of Excel.XlChartType - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ M wrote: > Is there...

Validation
I would like to have combo box functionality for the data validation feature in Excel 2000. This doesn't seem to be available in the native validation setup dialog box. Am I missing something? I would like to display the validated items list in the leftmost column and have column(s) of description display to the right of each list item (so I can tell which list item I should select). Suggestions? Many Thanks, Bill Vallance Bill Debra Dalgleish has instructions for creating dependent DV lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 08 Jun 20...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

How to Clear the AutoDetect Cache for the To: field
HI, When sending a message in Outlook, one begins to type the destination address in the To: field. Generally speaking if one has sent email to this address in the past then Outlook will auto detect and provide a suggested list of reciepients (know what I'm talking about???). Anyway, I know this feature can be disabled so one is never provided with a list of possible receipients but does anyone know how to clear this cache???? Thanks Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key ...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

CC automatically from distribution list
I am trying to set up a distribution list and trying to automatically cc people from this list (but now all). Is there someway to do this or a macro that can allow this to happen. ...

Address list filter rules
I am trying to create a new address list in Exchange 2003. What I want is all employees and all employee distribution groups. After trying several combinations I added a custom attribute to each employee and to each employee distruction group and entered "Employee" as the value. I then created a new address list with the filter rule which said if the custom attribute 1 = Employee include in the list. Everything is fine except that Query based distribution groups do not show up. So I create a new address list and found that using any filter rule rejects all query based distributi...

how do I find a list of databases with correpsponding company name
Hello, I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and remember it being easy but cannot remember where to do this. SELECT INTERID, CMPNYNAM FROM DYNAMICS..SY01500 "Tim Quiggle" <Tim Quiggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0ECF5C5-74F9-494E-8C2E-B37EE12C8D0C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their > corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and > rem...