Deleting Data in Sample database Northwind traders

I would like to use the sample database Northwindtraders that comes with the
software for my business but i need to delete all the data from all the
connected templates especially the Inventory so i can enter my own data. Is
this possible? or is thier others like it that don't come with the sample
data included?
I don't have months to learn how to use it

Thanks

Brad Dalton

Create a brand new blank database. Then import all objects from the Northwind
database into yours. On the import objects screen for tables make sure that
you import "definition only."

--
Lynn Trapp
MCP, MOS, MCAS

"brad" wrote:

> I would like to use the sample database Northwindtraders that comes with the
> software for my business but i need to delete all the data from all the
> connected templates especially the Inventory so i can enter my own data. Is
> this possible? or is thier others like it that don't come with the sample
> data included?
> I don't have months to learn how to use it
>
> Thanks
>
> Brad Dalton
I have been working with the Northwind Trader database extensively and find
it is the most inflexible template to work with.  Some things I have found
related to your first response.

After you have downloaded the template, open it and resave it so it has the
Access extension and not the template extension.  Otherwise you may not be
able to import from the Northwind database to your new database.  I had this
problem.

I have found that importing existing data into this database is a major
headache because I have to make sure my fields match Northwinds fields or
modify NW's fields to match mine which is very time consuming.  I still get
numerous errors from that.  Then the queries, forms, etc. have to be
modified.  Also time consuming.

The entire template thing in Access 2007 stinks.  I liked it better in
earlier versions where you could select what you wanted in your database
using a template and go from there.  Now the entire program depends on
whatever templates are available and as far as a full business database there
is only Northwinds.

I'm finding that it is easier to just build your own from scratch then have
Access check it for you.  Some tables need splitting, but I recommend not
letting Access do it because it messes things up.

I'm no expert on Access, but have been using it since the first version and
nothing else out there comes close to it which is why I'm still using it.

"brad" wrote:

> I would like to use the sample database Northwindtraders that comes with the
> software for my business but i need to delete all the data from all the
> connected templates especially the Inventory so i can enter my own data. Is
> this possible? or is thier others like it that don't come with the sample
> data included?
> I don't have months to learn how to use it
>
> Thanks
>
> Brad Dalton
Hello Brad,

I would like to offer to build a database like Northwindtraders for you for
your business. I can build it quickly and make it specific for your
business. If you have data in an existing spreadsheet, I could also import
that data into the new database. My fee would be very reasonable. I provide
help with Access, Excel and Word applications. If you are interested,
contact me.

Steve
santus@penn.com

"brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to use the sample database Northwindtraders that comes with
>the
> software for my business but i need to delete all the data from all the
> connected templates especially the Inventory so i can enter my own data.
> Is
> this possible? or is thier others like it that don't come with the sample
> data included?
> I don't have months to learn how to use it
>
> Thanks
>
> Brad Dalton

0
Steve
2/1/2010 6:15:06 PM
"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> Hello Brad,
>
> I would like to offer to build a database like Northwindtraders for you
> for your business. I can build it quickly and make it specific for your
> business. If you have data in an existing spreadsheet, I could also import
> that data into the new database. My fee would be very reasonable. I
> provide help with Access, Excel and Word applications. If you are
> interested, contact me.
>
> Steve

Stevie is our own personal pet troll who is the only one who does not
understand the concept of FREE peer to peer support!

These newsgroups are provided by Microsoft for FREE peer to peer support.
There are many highly qualified individuals who gladly help for free. Stevie
is not one of them, but he is the only one who just does not get the idea of
"FREE" support. He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices. If he
was any good, the "thousands" of people he claims to have helped would be
flooding him with work, but there appears to be a continuous drought and he
needs to constantly grovel for work.

John... Visio MVP

0
John
2/1/2010 7:43:50 PM
"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in bericht news:eCDY9p2oKHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

--
Get lost $teve.  Go away... far away....

Again... Get lost $teve.  Go away... far away....
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you here...

This newsgroup is meant for FREE help..
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you here...
OP look at http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html
(Website has been updated and has a new 'look'...  we have passed 11.000 pageloads... it's a shame !!)

Arno R

0
StopThisAdvertising

Twist Data?...
Hi all... I've got the following in a dataset: 19 30 1200 FI FI 20030906 36 19 30 1324 FI FI 20030906 36 and I want the following result: 19 30 1200, 1324 FI FI 20030906 26 Any guess on how to do this? thanks much!... Hmmm... Not quite clear: The data is arranged in columns, I assume It looks as if both items in the same column are the same, you want just one item, otherwise the one in the top row first, then the one from the bottom row. But what about the last 36s that should yield 26? Typo? Does the dataset have more columns or more rows or both? And how big is it?...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Transformation of data into columns

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

Data Validation List not showing

Deleted items folder in o2k3
The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now holding some 25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the deleted items folder alone. Does Outlook treat messages in the deleted items folder any differently than messages in other folders? Would it be better for him to never delete messages since he doesn't really want to delete them? It would be better to not delete them since Deleted Items... is for things you want to get rid of. "Wowbagger" <none> wrote in message news:uKyAPby2GHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The big boss refuses ...

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

make outlook automatically delete html mail with linked images
The junk mail filter should be able to automatically delete html mail with linked images ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9e1b783b-c9c1-44f2-a1dd-93da59216c56&dg=microsoft.public.outloo...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

How to delete incorrect entries from Dictionary
On occasion, Outlook 2000 recommends a spelling that's obviously incorrect. I suppose that I clicked on a word too hastily. I'd like to remove these incorrect entries but how? tools, options, spelling, edit dictionary (from any app that supports the office spell check) - its also available from the spell check screen when you press F7 or you can search for custom.dic and edit it with notepad. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visu...

Deleting a Batch from company DB table SY00500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C96F54.F7568BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to see all the TRX in a Batch saved in SY00500. Also, what if we delete a batch in SY00500 will there be any other place = to look for; besides this? I had a batch sitting here for a long time = and there were few (3) trxs ( Sales Credits) in it as well. I wonder if I could retrieve those one by one and then delete them as = well as these belong to a fiscal period which is closed plus we...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...

Deleted email not going to Deleted Items folder
I am using Outlook 2003 on WinXP Pro SP2 setup with POP3 accounts. When I delete an email it does not go to the Deleted Items folder - it does not pormpt me it just disappears. The shift key is not being pressed. This also happens when I drag an email to the Deleted Items folder - it just disappears. However, if the email is Unread then it does stay. As soon as I open the email it too disappears. I have tried to upgrade to Office sp2 but is did not fix the problem Change your View, Arrange by settings to All Messages instead of Unread ones. "techie_comps" wrote: > I am usin...

Sending data with CAsyncSocket.
Please tell me if/where I am wrong... If I have an established TCP connection using CAsyncSocket... When I send data I will normally be sending a packet that is about 100 bytes or so. I would send each packet with a separate call to "Send". Normally the Send will return a value equal to the number of bytes I sent. I would just write my code to call Send whenever I need to send a packet. Normally I would never receive an error or an indication that fewer bytes were sent. But if I did, I would handle this error. There is no need for me to use the "OnSend" function. Co...

PF-replication: SQL-Data -> PF-contacts
Hi, we have some customer information stored in our MS-SQL Server 2000 and like to sync it with the contacts in our public folder (Exchange 2003). Of course ye can do it manually, but is there a way to automate it? Or is it possible to make a public folder with all data stored on the sql-server? (kind of a view) Kind regards, Paul ...