Change a text box to a combo box

Hi there

I have created several forms in my database.

I realized that I should have made them combo boxes instead of text boxes.

Is there any easy way for me to change them into the format I need?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Right-click on the text box and select changeTo from the menu.

--

Reggie
"forest8" <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FD867B89-38CC-4F20-A9AE-C177444DA9DA@microsoft.com...the > Hi there

> I have created several forms in my database.
>
> I realized that I should have made them combo boxes instead of text boxes.
>
> Is there any easy way for me to change them into the format I need?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

0
Reggie
3/19/2010 4:49:40 AM
Do as Reggie said, but you’ll then have to enter the control’s RowSource
property at least; and possibly also have to amend its BoundColum,
ColumnCount and ColumnWidths properties if the combo box is to show a value
from a column or columns in another table referenced by a ‘surrogate’ foreign
key in the form’s underlying table.  A combo box bound to an EmployeeID
foreign key column for instance might be set up as follows:

RowSource:     SELECT EmployeeID, FirstName & " " & LastName FROM Employees
ORDER BY LastName, FirstName;

BoundColum:   1
ColumnCount:  2
ColumnWidths:  0cm;8cm

If your units of measurement are imperial rather than metric Access will
automatically convert the last one.  The important thing is that the first
dimension is zero to hide the first column and that the second is at least as
wide as the combo box.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

forest8 wrote:
>Hi there
>
>I have created several forms in my database.
>
>I realized that I should have made them combo boxes instead of text boxes.
>
>Is there any easy way for me to change them into the format I need?
>
>Thank you in advance for your help.

KenSheridan

SEARCH BOX
First thank you in advance for any help. I want to put a search box on the first sheet of my program to enter data, either a name or an assigned number, and have it search for and go to that line of information on another sheet. Can I do this or do you have another suggestion? This should do it. Change sheet name and column numbers to suit Sub nameornumberfind() With Sheets("sheet34") mv = InputBox("Enter name or number") If IsNumeric(mv) Then 'MsgBox "number" mc = 4 Else 'MsgBox "text" mc = 1 End If Set mf = .Columns(mc).fi...

sent mail appears in my in-box
How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send also going to my in-box? Thank you in advance Under Tools->Options->Preferences->Email Options->Advanced Email Options, do you have the box checked to save mail in the same folder? Do you have any rules that affect mail after it is sent? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: TopCat <topcat@vettenut.com> asked: | How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send | also going to my in-box? | | Tha...

CPropertySheet create failing when adding to dialog box
Hi all, I am having problems with a class that I made that inherits from CPropertySheet. I need to add this class to a dialog box with the following code: m_appPropSheet.AddPage(m_saleIllustrationPropPageClientOne); m_appPropSheet.AddPage(m_saleIllustrationPropPageClientTwo); m_appPropSheet.Create(this, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0); m_appPropSheet.EnableStackedTabs(FALSE); m_appPropSheet.ModifyStyleEx (0, WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT); m_appPropSheet->ModifyStyle(0, WS_TABSTOP); m_appPropSheet.SetWindowPos(NULL, 0, 25, 0, 0, SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOACTIVATE); ...

Hotkeys for text & background coloring
Hi. Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background coloring (fill color)? Eg: First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related toolbar incons. - When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text will be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon. - The simliar way applies to background coloring If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP You could use a sma...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Changing start date
Scenario: In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave the end date alone. If I change the start date, OL automatically changes the end date to preserve the two-week duration. Is there a way to change the start date without affecting the end date? Richard Evans <infodex@mindspring.com> wrote: > In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and > ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave > the end date alone. If I change the s...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Getting Combo boxes to change options based on other Combo boxes.
Using Excel 2007. I am trying to create either Form Control Combo Boxes or ActiveX Combo Boxes that will change the selectable options based on selections made in previous combo boxes. I am having a hard time finding any information that will work for me. Can someone tell me how to make 5 combo boxes change available listed options when specific options are selected in another combo box? Please? I've been working on this for a very long time without success. I've tried using Data Validation, but my formulas are too long for all the different possible combinations. You are...

change font size of first character
I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user enters the text in upper case. The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is: With ActiveDocument For intLoop1 = 1 To 10 .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBef...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

VFW webcam
Hi, I'm using Video For Windows to capture images from creative webcam in my application. This is giving me image in size 640x480. However, i need image in landscape resolution where width is less than height. I tried to squeeze the captured image but its distorting it badly. Any ideas how can we capture images from webcam in desired resolution? Thanks, neo see the amcap sample in DirectShow SDK -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ <dhapola@yahoo.com> ???? news:1160125564.284431....

AutoFill Changing Wrong Value
I'm trying to create an analysis sheet that gathers data from 100 worksheets within the same workbook. I want the same cell reference in each sheet, but to change the sheet number in each cell. The worksheets are named 1 - 100 Here is the formula: ='1'!B3:E3 It changes the cell references only, not the worksheets. I've changed the formula to keep the cell references: ='1'!$B$3:$E$3 I now need the formula to increment the sheet number each time, PLEASE!!! Thanks, Lisa Presumably you want to sum data from that range? Try this: =3DSUM(INDIR...

Why my default number format changed
I am using Excel 2007. From time to time, I found the default number format changed when I open an exiting excel file. For example, originally its default format was "General", but when I open the file, found it changed to "Custom". How is it happened? How can I prevent? How can I fix it. Thanks in advance! ...

alter the content of the from box in a message
in outlook my "from" box automatically defaults to the email from me and that is the email address issued to me by my ISP that I entered at inception. I want my default email to read a different email which corresponds not to my ISP but to my web site and email service by my web hosters? for example my outlook says that my emails are from blanchard@btinternet.com in my signature block i type my small company details and include my company website and my email which is mail@blanchardcon.com etc how do i get this email to appear as a default in the "from" box? Enter i...

How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?
I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" when choosing the colour in Format Data Series, but I still get blue for both. David, The concept described here should work: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/conditional_column_chart/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "david_hutton.NO_SPAM" wrote: > I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they > are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" wh...

Vlookup from Combo Box
Hello, I am trying to use the Vlookup function from a Combo Box. The combo box will contain currencies (USD, JPY, EUR). Once a user selects a currency, the lookup will use that currency to find the exchange rate from a table. Something like this =VLOOKUP("Forms.ComboBox1",Currency!A1:B4,Currency!B18,FALSE) Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ACase If it's a Combo Box from the Control Toolbox toolbar, you can set the "LinkedCell" property (right-click on the combo box and go into "Properties") to a worksheet cell. When the user makes a select...

change the color of non-printing characters in this version of Word?

how do you chang language in excel
I have a swedish version of office 2003 it is in swedish but i speak english, can anyone tell me how to change it to english, other than having to go out and buy the english version. "peter curran" <petercurran17@eircom.net> wrote >I have a swedish version of office 2003 it is in swedish but i speak > english, can anyone tell me how to change it to english, other than having > to go out and buy the english version. That's a good way. In fact, it's the only way. -- Bob http://www.kanyak.com ...

Lists
I have a user who is importing an excel spreadsheet into a Sharepoint List, but some of the column types that SP is selecting is incorrect. I can't find any place to change the type of these columns (like from text to text with link, etc). Is this possible? Yes, you can change the column type after importing. Just go to the list settings page and choose the column you would like to update. The very first section of the column settings page will be for the data type of the column. -RH "J. Belcher" wrote: > I have a user who is importing an excel sprea...

how can we transfer data from child dialog box to parent Dialog Box. #2
hi guys, i have created modalless child dialog box by parent dialogbox using UI Thread . now i want to do 2 things first i want to transfer CPoint variable from child to parent and second i want to call OnLButtonDown() function of parent DialogBox. i have hint but not proper please help me to complete this one. SendMessage(m_pParent, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, x,y); // from child side void CHRS_MoleDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) //on parent dialog box first of all tell me is it possible if yes then what will be "x" and "y" so that they can convert into CPoint v...

Using Drop Down box that can be edited
Hi, I have created a form in Word 2007, but would like to have the drop down box I created to also be overwritten by the user if the items in the drop box doesn't include their choice. Thanks fjcunninghamjr One possibility would be to replace one of the items in the list with a user input item. You could do this with a macro run on exit from the dropdown field Assuming the dropdown field Dropdown1, put an item at the end of the dropdown list "Enter your own value" then run the following macro on exit from that field Dim sChoice As String Dim fDD As FormFie...

DrawText() and text orientation
Hi, I have owner draw fixed CMyTabCtrl derived from CTabCtrl. It has overriden DrawItem() and I tried to draw text on tabs with help of DrawText() or TextOut(). On my control I need vertical tabs but horizontal text on tabs. When I set vertical tabs in resource editor then in run-time all texts has vertical orientation on tabs which I dont want. How to change text orientation from vertical to horizontal with DrawText() or TextOut() ? Where is stored such property ? How to enlarge tab size in CMyTabCtrl ? (I need to have larger than standard tab sizes) Peter If you do it using GM_ADVA...

triggers duplicate msg if change is made
access 2003 mainform is f001Projectreview with subform f015KeyMilestones(PK ProjectID) I have the below code in the subforms beforeUpdate event. It is to prevent duplicates, however, when I try to edit the ActualDt in the record it recognizes the record as a duplicate. How can I make changes in the record without it thinking it is a dupe? If ((Me.KeyMilestonesSubID) = 12 Or (Me.KeyMilestonesSubID) = 20) Then strWhere = "([ProjectID] = " & Nz(Me.ProjectID, 0) & _ ") AND ([KeyMilestonesSubID] = " & Nz(Me.KeyMilestonesSubID,...

date in a text cell
I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have a regular date format in a text cell. Thanks If you format the cell as Text, then you'll have to type in what you want--exactly the way you want to see it. If you don't format it as text, you could type the date in anyway that's a date, then use a custom format of: dd-mmm-yyyy (format|cells|number tab|custom category) Dajana wrote: > > I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have > a regular date format in a text cell. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterso...

Drawing a selection box using CRectTracker
Hello, I have an MFC SDI CView application and I want to draw an selection box when the user left clicks and move the mouse. I have found the CRectTracker class but I can't get it to work I have this code: void CSCMLaserView2::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { SetCapture(); m_startPt = point; m_theRectTracker.TrackRubberBand(this,point,TRUE); } void CSCMLaserView2::OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { //Release the capture on the mouse ReleaseCapture(); CSCMLaserDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT(pDoc != NULL); CClientDC dc(this); OnPrepareDC(&dc); // Co...