Calculating Age in Access

Hi

In my database I have 2 dates in my form:  Current Date and Date of
Emplaoyment. I would like to calculate how many years my employees have been
working for me so that I can send the appropriate congratulatory messages.

How do I do this?  I looked at DateDiff but couldn't figure out how to
change it for my purposes.

Thank you in advance for your help.

forest8 wrote:
>Hi
>
>In my database I have 2 dates in my form:  Current Date and Date of
>Emplaoyment. I would like to calculate how many years my employees have been
>working for me so that I can send the appropriate congratulatory messages.
>
>How do I do this?  I looked at DateDiff but couldn't figure out how to
>change it for my purposes.
>
>Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello,

I have used this function from Graham Seach:

Public Function Diff2Dates(Interval As String, Date1 As Variant, Date2 As
Variant, _
Optional ShowZero As Boolean = False) As Variant
'Author:    ? Copyright 2001 Pacific Database Pty Limited
'           Graham R Seach MCP MVP gseach@pacificdb.com.au
'           Phone: +61 2 9872 9594  Fax: +61 2 9872 9593
'           This code is freeware. Enjoy...
'           (*) Amendments suggested by Douglas J. Steele MVP
'
'               months, days, hours, minutes and seconds between
'               two dates, as elapsed time.
'
'Inputs:    Interval:   Intervals to be displayed (a string)
'           Date1:      The lower date (see below)
'           Date2:      The higher date (see below)
'           ShowZero:   Boolean to select showing zero elements
'
'Outputs:   On error: Null
'           On no error: Variant containing the number of years,
'               months, days, hours, minutes & seconds between
'               the two dates, depending on the display interval
'               selected.
'           If Date1 is greater than Date2, the result will
'               be a negative value.
'           The function compensates for the lack of any intervals
'               not listed. For example, if Interval lists "m", but
'               not "y", the function adds the value of the year
'               component to the month component.
'           If ShowZero is True, and an output element is zero, it
'               is displayed. However, if ShowZero is False or
'               omitted, no zero-value elements are displayed.
'               For example, with ShowZero = False, Interval = "ym",
'               elements = 0 & 1 respectively, the output string
'               will be "1 month" - not "0 years 1 month".

On Error GoTo Err_Diff2Dates

   Dim booCalcYears As Boolean
   Dim booCalcMonths As Boolean
   Dim booCalcDays As Boolean
   Dim booCalcHours As Boolean
   Dim booCalcMinutes As Boolean
   Dim booCalcSeconds As Boolean
   Dim booSwapped As Boolean
   Dim dtTemp As Date
   Dim intCounter As Integer
   Dim lngDiffYears As Long
   Dim lngDiffMonths As Long
   Dim lngDiffDays As Long
   Dim lngDiffHours As Long
   Dim lngDiffMinutes As Long
   Dim lngDiffSeconds As Long
   Dim varTemp As Variant
   Const INTERVALS As String = "dmyhns"

'Check that Interval contains only valid characters
   Interval = LCase$(Interval)
   For intCounter = 1 To Len(Interval)
      If InStr(1, INTERVALS, Mid$(Interval, intCounter, 1)) = 0 Then
         Exit Function
      End If

'Check that valid dates have been entered
   If IsNull(Date1) Then Exit Function
   If IsNull(Date2) Then Exit Function
   If Not (IsDate(Date1)) Then Exit Function
   If Not (IsDate(Date2)) Then Exit Function

'If necessary, swap the dates, to ensure that
'Date1 is lower than Date2
   If Date1 > Date2 Then
      dtTemp = Date1
      Date1 = Date2
      Date2 = dtTemp
      booSwapped = True
   End If
   Diff2Dates = Null
   varTemp = Null

'What intervals are supplied
   booCalcYears = (InStr(1, Interval, "y") > 0)
   booCalcMonths = (InStr(1, Interval, "m") > 0)
   booCalcDays = (InStr(1, Interval, "d") > 0)
   booCalcHours = (InStr(1, Interval, "h") > 0)
   booCalcMinutes = (InStr(1, Interval, "n") > 0)
   booCalcSeconds = (InStr(1, Interval, "s") > 0)

'Get the cumulative differences
   If booCalcYears Then
      lngDiffYears = Abs(DateDiff("yyyy", Date1, Date2)) - _
              IIf(Format$(Date1, "mmddhhnnss") <= Format$(Date2, "mmddhhnnss")
, 0, 1)
      Date1 = DateAdd("yyyy", lngDiffYears, Date1)
   End If
   If booCalcMonths Then
      lngDiffMonths = Abs(DateDiff("m", Date1, Date2)) - _
              IIf(Format$(Date1, "ddhhnnss") <= Format$(Date2, "ddhhnnss"), 0,
1)
      Date1 = DateAdd("m", lngDiffMonths, Date1)
   End If
   If booCalcDays Then
      lngDiffDays = Abs(DateDiff("d", Date1, Date2)) - _
              IIf(Format$(Date1, "hhnnss") <= Format$(Date2, "hhnnss"), 0, 1)
      Date1 = DateAdd("d", lngDiffDays, Date1)
   End If
   If booCalcHours Then
      lngDiffHours = Abs(DateDiff("h", Date1, Date2)) - _
              IIf(Format$(Date1, "nnss") <= Format$(Date2, "nnss"), 0, 1)
      Date1 = DateAdd("h", lngDiffHours, Date1)
   End If
   If booCalcMinutes Then
      lngDiffMinutes = Abs(DateDiff("n", Date1, Date2)) - _
              IIf(Format$(Date1, "ss") <= Format$(Date2, "ss"), 0, 1)
      Date1 = DateAdd("n", lngDiffMinutes, Date1)
   End If
   If booCalcSeconds Then
      lngDiffSeconds = Abs(DateDiff("s", Date1, Date2))
      Date1 = DateAdd("s", lngDiffSeconds, Date1)
   End If
   If booCalcYears And (lngDiffYears > 0 Or ShowZero) Then
      varTemp = lngDiffYears & IIf(lngDiffYears <> 1, " years", " year")
   End If
   If booCalcMonths And (lngDiffMonths > 0 Or ShowZero) Then
      If booCalcMonths Then
         varTemp = varTemp & IIf(IsNull(varTemp), Null, " ") & _
                   lngDiffMonths & IIf(lngDiffMonths <> 1, " months", "
month")
      End If
   End If
   If booCalcDays And (lngDiffDays > 0 Or ShowZero) Then
      If booCalcDays Then
         varTemp = varTemp & IIf(IsNull(varTemp), Null, " ") & _
                   lngDiffDays & IIf(lngDiffDays <> 1, " days", " day")
      End If
   End If
   If booCalcHours And (lngDiffHours > 0 Or ShowZero) Then
      If booCalcHours Then
         varTemp = varTemp & IIf(IsNull(varTemp), Null, " ") & _
                   lngDiffHours & IIf(lngDiffHours <> 1, " hours", " hour")
      End If
   End If
   If booCalcMinutes And (lngDiffMinutes > 0 Or ShowZero) Then
      If booCalcMinutes Then
         varTemp = varTemp & IIf(IsNull(varTemp), Null, " ") & _
                   lngDiffMinutes & IIf(lngDiffMinutes <> 1, " minutes", "
minute")
      End If
   End If
   If booCalcSeconds And (lngDiffSeconds > 0 Or ShowZero) Then
      If booCalcSeconds Then
         varTemp = varTemp & IIf(IsNull(varTemp), Null, " ") & _
                   lngDiffSeconds & IIf(lngDiffSeconds <> 1, " seconds", "
second")
      End If
   End If
   If booSwapped Then
      varTemp = "-" & varTemp
   End If
   Diff2Dates = Trim$(varTemp)

End_Diff2Dates:
   Exit Function

Err_Diff2Dates:
   Resume End_Diff2Dates

End Function

An example of how I used it on a form is as follows:

Me.LengthofServiceYears = Diff2Dates("ymd", Me.BeginEmployment, Me.
EndEmployment, True)

Regards,
Anthony

biganthony
2/25/2010 8:29:35 AM
Public Function fAge(dtmDOB, Optional dtmDate)
'Returns the Age in years, for dtmDOB.
'Age calculated as of dtmDate, or as of today if dtmDate is missing.

    If Not IsDate(dtmDate) Then dtmDate = Date 'If as of date not passed then
'set to today's date

    If IsDate(dtmDOB) Then  'If date passed, then calculate age
       fAge = DateDiff("yyyy", dtmDOB, dtmDate) + _
(DateSerial(Year(dtmDate), Month(dtmDOB), Day(dtmDOB)) > dtmDate)
    Else
       fAge = Null
    End If

End Function

Or you can use one of the following expressions
'Fails if DOB is null
CurrentAge = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))

'Returns Null if DOB is Null
CurrentAge =DateDiff("yyyy",DOB,Date()) + Int(Format(DOB,"mmdd") >
Format(Date(),"mmdd"))

DateDiff("yyyy",DOB,Date()) + Format(DOB,"mmdd") > Format(Date(),"mmdd")

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

forest8 wrote:
> Hi
>
> In my database I have 2 dates in my form:  Current Date and Date of
> Emplaoyment. I would like to calculate how many years my employees have been
> working for me so that I can send the appropriate congratulatory messages.
>
> How do I do this?  I looked at DateDiff but couldn't figure out how to
> change it for my purposes.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

0
John
2/25/2010 1:15:52 PM
Do you want to identify when an employee's 'anniversary' is coming up so that
a message can be sent?  If so you could use a function like this:

Public Function Anniversary(dtmHired As Date, intWeekStarting As Integer)

    Dim dtmWeekStart As Date, dtmWeekEnd As Date, dtmAnniversaryDate As Date
    Dim n As Integer

    dtmWeekStart = VBA.Date - Weekday(VBA.Date, intWeekStarting) + 1
    dtmWeekEnd = DateAdd("d", 6, dtmWeekStart)

    For n = 1 To 50
        dtmAnniversaryDate = DateAdd("yyyy", n, dtmHired)
        If dtmAnniversaryDate >= dtmWeekStart Then
            If dtmAnniversaryDate <= dtmWeekEnd Then
                Anniversary = "Anniversary " & n & " this week on " &
dtmAnniversaryDate
            Else
                Anniversary = "Next anniversary (" & n & ") on " &
dtmAnniversaryDate
            End If
            Exit For
        End If
    Next n

End Function

This will identify if an employee's 'anniversary' is in the current week and
return a string like:

'Anniversary 6 this week on 02/23/2010'

or if not in the current week a string like:

'Next anniversary (6) on 03/23/2010'

You can call it in a query, passing the employee's hire date and the first
day of the week from which the current week is to be calculated, e.g. if its
from Monday, like so:

SELECT [EmployeeID], [FirstName], [LastName],
Anniversary([Date of Employment],2) AS Message
FROM [Employees]
SORT BY MONTH([Date of Employment]),
DAY([Date of Employment]);

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

forest8 wrote:
>Hi
>
>In my database I have 2 dates in my form:  Current Date and Date of
>Emplaoyment. I would like to calculate how many years my employees have been
>working for me so that I can send the appropriate congratulatory messages.
>
>How do I do this?  I looked at DateDiff but couldn't figure out how to
>change it for my purposes.
>
>Thank you in advance for your help.

KenSheridan
2/25/2010 7:02:16 PM
Hi there

I'm a bit confused about where I should put one of the expressions exactly
in my database.

I was hoping to use this expression:
 'Fails if DOB is null
 CurrentAge = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))

But as I said, where do I put it?

Also, does it matter if the date format is mm/dd/yyyy?

Thank you

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Public Function fAge(dtmDOB, Optional dtmDate)
> 'Returns the Age in years, for dtmDOB.
> 'Age calculated as of dtmDate, or as of today if dtmDate is missing.
>
>     If Not IsDate(dtmDate) Then dtmDate = Date 'If as of date not passed then
> 'set to today's date
>
>     If IsDate(dtmDOB) Then  'If date passed, then calculate age
>        fAge = DateDiff("yyyy", dtmDOB, dtmDate) + _
> (DateSerial(Year(dtmDate), Month(dtmDOB), Day(dtmDOB)) > dtmDate)
>     Else
>        fAge = Null
>     End If
>
> End Function
>
> Or you can use one of the following expressions
> 'Fails if DOB is null
> CurrentAge = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))
>
> 'Returns Null if DOB is Null
> CurrentAge =DateDiff("yyyy",DOB,Date()) + Int(Format(DOB,"mmdd") >
> Format(Date(),"mmdd"))
>
> DateDiff("yyyy",DOB,Date()) + Format(DOB,"mmdd") > Format(Date(),"mmdd")
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> forest8 wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > In my database I have 2 dates in my form:  Current Date and Date of
> > Emplaoyment. I would like to calculate how many years my employees have been
> > working for me so that I can send the appropriate congratulatory messages.
> >
> > How do I do this?  I looked at DateDiff but couldn't figure out how to
> > change it for my purposes.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your help.
> >
> .

You use the expression as a calculated field in a query
Field: CurrentAge: Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))

As the control source of a control in a form or report
    = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))

The format of a date does not matter as long as you are using a datetime type
of data.  If you are using a string then you do need to convert the string
into a datetime type.

If you are trying to identify the employees that have an anniversary during a
specific time frame (for example, all employees with an employment anniversary
this month or this week or tomorrow) then that is a different question.

forest8 wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm a bit confused about where I should put one of the expressions exactly
> in my database.
>
> I was hoping to use this expression:
>  'Fails if DOB is null
>  CurrentAge = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))
>
> But as I said, where do I put it?
>
> Also, does it matter if the date format is mm/dd/yyyy?
>
> Thank you
>

> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Public Function fAge(dtmDOB, Optional dtmDate)
>> 'Returns the Age in years, for dtmDOB.
>> 'Age calculated as of dtmDate, or as of today if dtmDate is missing.
>>
>>     If Not IsDate(dtmDate) Then dtmDate = Date 'If as of date not passed then
>> 'set to today's date
>>
>>     If IsDate(dtmDOB) Then  'If date passed, then calculate age
>>        fAge = DateDiff("yyyy", dtmDOB, dtmDate) + _
>> (DateSerial(Year(dtmDate), Month(dtmDOB), Day(dtmDOB)) > dtmDate)
>>     Else
>>        fAge = Null
>>     End If
>>
>> End Function
>>
>> Or you can use one of the following expressions
>> 'Fails if DOB is null
>> CurrentAge = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))
>>
>> 'Returns Null if DOB is Null
>> CurrentAge =DateDiff("yyyy",DOB,Date()) + Int(Format(DOB,"mmdd") >
>> Format(Date(),"mmdd"))
>>
>> DateDiff("yyyy",DOB,Date()) + Format(DOB,"mmdd") > Format(Date(),"mmdd")
>>
>> John Spencer
>> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
>> The Hilltop Institute
>> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>>
>> forest8 wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> In my database I have 2 dates in my form:  Current Date and Date of
>>> Emplaoyment. I would like to calculate how many years my employees have been
>>> working for me so that I can send the appropriate congratulatory messages.
>>>
>>> How do I do this?  I looked at DateDiff but couldn't figure out how to
>>> change it for my purposes.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance for your help.
>>>
>> .

0
John
3/8/2010 2:09:12 PM
Thank you. Until now, I have been able to use little queries and programming
but have progressed to a point where I might need to investigate adding more
programming.

Thank you again.

"John Spencer" wrote:

> You use the expression as a calculated field in a query
> Field: CurrentAge: Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))
>
> As the control source of a control in a form or report
>     = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))
>
> The format of a date does not matter as long as you are using a datetime type
> of data.  If you are using a string then you do need to convert the string
> into a datetime type.
>
> If you are trying to identify the employees that have an anniversary during a
> specific time frame (for example, all employees with an employment anniversary
> this month or this week or tomorrow) then that is a different question.
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> forest8 wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I'm a bit confused about where I should put one of the expressions exactly
> > in my database.
> >
> > I was hoping to use this expression:
> >  'Fails if DOB is null
> >  CurrentAge = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))
> >
> > But as I said, where do I put it?
> >
> > Also, does it matter if the date format is mm/dd/yyyy?
> >
> > Thank you
> >

> > "John Spencer" wrote:
> >
> >> Public Function fAge(dtmDOB, Optional dtmDate)
> >> 'Returns the Age in years, for dtmDOB.
> >> 'Age calculated as of dtmDate, or as of today if dtmDate is missing.
> >>
> >>     If Not IsDate(dtmDate) Then dtmDate = Date 'If as of date not passed then
> >> 'set to today's date
> >>
> >>     If IsDate(dtmDOB) Then  'If date passed, then calculate age
> >>        fAge = DateDiff("yyyy", dtmDOB, dtmDate) + _
> >> (DateSerial(Year(dtmDate), Month(dtmDOB), Day(dtmDOB)) > dtmDate)
> >>     Else
> >>        fAge = Null
> >>     End If
> >>
> >> End Function
> >>
> >> Or you can use one of the following expressions
> >> 'Fails if DOB is null
> >> CurrentAge = Int(Format(Date(), "yyyy.mmdd") - Format([DOB], "yyyy.mmdd"))
> >>
> >> 'Returns Null if DOB is Null
> >> CurrentAge =DateDiff("yyyy",DOB,Date()) + Int(Format(DOB,"mmdd") >
> >> Format(Date(),"mmdd"))
> >>
> >> DateDiff("yyyy",DOB,Date()) + Format(DOB,"mmdd") > Format(Date(),"mmdd")
> >>
> >> John Spencer
> >> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> >> The Hilltop Institute
> >> University of Maryland Baltimore County

> >> .
> >>
> .

highlight range, apply calculation to data in cells and paste special to same range
I know how to select a range of cells and copy: Range("O2").Select Range(Selection, ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select Selection.Copy but now 1. applying the calculation, which should be value of cell * 1000 2. special past values only to same selected sells ? You enter 1000 in a separate blank cell and copy it then highlight the range to be multiplied and past special-> multiply. that will multiply all the cells by 1000 in the pasted range. Regards, OssieMac "S Himmelrich" wrote: > I know how to select a range of cells and copy: &g...

Access Code Pushing Values
I have a customer database with [BillAddress] and [ShipAddress]. I am using a "yes/no" box titled[SameShipAddress?]. To automatically fill [ShipAddress] after checking the "yes/no" box I used this code in the after update event for the check box. If Me![SameShipAddress?] Then If IsNull(Me![BillAddress]) Then Else [ShipAddress] = [BillAddress] End If End If This works for the selected customer, but then pushes the entry [BillAddress] of the previous customer to [ShipAddress] of all of the following customers. Any thoughts? Sounds as...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Calculating working hours #2
Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me with the following problem. I need to create a formula which calculates the different between two date/time values excluding out of business hours. Here's an example. A1: 21/06/2005 10:00:00 A2: 23/06/2005 14:30:00 When using "=(B1-A1)*24" I can the result 52.5 If the business hours are between 08:30 and 17:00 the actual result required is 21.5 I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance, Mo.. Try this =(INT(A2)-INT(A1))*8.5+(MOD(A2,1)-MOD(A1,1))*24 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mohammed Zenuwah" <MohammedZenuwah@discu...

Auto Calculate Monthly Time Pace
I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form. I want this to change every day automatically. Example: Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87% if today was 2/17/10 it would need to show 17/28 or 61%, 12/20/10 would be 20/31 or 65%, and so on for each day throughout 2010 (12/20/10 would be 65%) Is there a formula or function to do this? Thanks! Heather "HeatherJ" wrote: > I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form. [....] > Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87% One way: =day(today()) / ...

Calculate number of months
Hello, I have a field where I am trying to implement a calculation. I want it to take the date in a cell and subtract it from today's date to show me the total number of months between those two dates. So right now, it looks like =(TODAY())-D3 and it returns 167 - the total number of days. How do I make it show me months? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE =Month(Today())-Month(D3) "TxWebDesigner" <beverly@beverlylanedesigns.com> schreef in bericht news:e3fR#jXWJHA.5032@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a field where I am trying to implement a calculation...

access 2003
I have 8 pages i need to link together to save data what is the best way to link them? tlenney, We can't see your *pages* or your tables so asking what is the best way to link will not yield you answers without a wee bit more information. By *pages* do you mean tabs or forms? What are your tables and how are they related to each other? Why would you need to link the data in order to save it? Or are you linking to an outside data source and you are trying to save that data within the database? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been ...

Denied file access
When I attempt to open my money program, I get a message that says, There is a problem with your Windows security settings. I use Windows 98 and Money 2000. ...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

Access 97 conversion to 2000 and OpenRecordSet
We have a simple application developed in Acees 95 / upgraded to 97 and now we wish to move to 2000. the application 'almost' upgrades itself apart from a problem we are havinng with OpenRecordSet . The code is simple and I know (with hindsight) it can be much neater but when you do not spend a great deal of time and it works then leave alone. Code throws up Run Time eror 13 at the OpenRecordset command when run. Have read lots of docs but confused as to change this seems a major problem. Have checked DAO 3.6 to get round other problems and they seem to work. Help appreciated Pub...

Program trying to access Contacts
I did a clean install of WinXP and OfficeXP. I use Incredimail for Outlook and Spam Daemon for Outlook and have never had a problem with them. I also did an Office Update this morning. Now whenever I click "new" message, I got a window that says "a program is trying to access the contacts folder" and suggests it may be a virus and gives me an option to permit access but only for 1 to 5 minutes, as a select. What is causing this problem and how do I get rid of it? [I have Norton AV and Zonealarm installed, and they have never caused this problem.] Arthur Broadh...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

how would you calculate the number of hits to your website
Hi ,' can some one tell to me the answer of this question On a website, how would you calculate the number of hits to your website ...

Aging report table for accounts receivable
Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make query/view in sql server 2005 Michael, You need to use RM20101 and RM10201 tables. You need to use date functions to get the aging for your view based on document date or due date field. If your aging is setup to be by Doc Date, Consider Doc Date and If it is due date, you should be taking it by Due Date. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make > query/view in sql server 2005...

Outlook Web Access #34
I have a problem reading mails from Russia usig OWA ? (it is all a lot of ?????? and maybe numbers). If I use a normal Outlook client there are no problems ? I have triet different regional settings but no luck ? Try posting this in an Exchange news group as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lost asked: | I h...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

BACKING UP ACCESS DATABASE 10-31-07
I'd like to backup my Access database automatically (no user intervention needed) to an external drive. Does Access allow such a backup while the database is "open" ? If I have to log out of Access, it defeats my purpose of wanting to do the backup without user intervention. There appear to be a number of drives and SW available to do the backup, but the question is whether Access will allow it. Basically I'd like to backup to the external drive every time a record is changed. I'm worried about losing my database if the PC crashes. If your database is that mission...

Tax calculation for Quotes, Orders, Invoices
Although CRM v3.0 allows tax to be keyed in to an Order, it does not offer any automation in calculating tax for an order based on taxable line items and shipping location. Entering orders is a repetitive and time-consuming event, and so this calculation should be offered as a feature. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based N...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...

CRM data access from external website
Hi All, I have a fully working CRM 3.0 solution on a dedicated server on my internal network. This server is also running SQL 2005 I have an externally hosted website on a Windows 2003 Server, located on the internet. I would like to be able to let some of my customers access to certain parts of my CRM solution, so that they can see the status of an order. I have developed a website on the external server that uses ASP.NET linked to my Internal SQL server and allows ASP registered users access to certain pages. On these pages I would like to use a table that shows the information that...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Conditions on form calculated textbox
Hello, In a form called Schedule (based on the table Schedule) I have the following textboxes that are bound to the table Schedule: Time In, Time Out, Time Off, Anomaly and Overtime I also have an unbound textbox called HRS that gives me the result of the following equation: =[Time Out] - [Time In] - [Time Off] - [Anomaly] + [Overtime] The above result gives me the daily hours that someone worked. The formating is decimal, as an example. 16.5 (4:30) - 7.5 (7:30) - 1.0 - 1.0+ 3.0 = 10.0 I also added another figure for lunch the hour [16.5 (4:30) - 7.5 (7:30) - 1.0 - 1.0...

OUTLOOK WEB ACCESS #17
I recently applied the most current patches and fixes to my Exchange 2000 server. Since then, some of the users are getting attachments in only HTML format when accessing the server from off site through OUTLOOK WEB ACCESS. They need to be able to open them in word or at least notepad. What made the change and how do I get it back? ...