Want to avoid the possibilty to edit field in listbox

I fill my listbox with code example found on the internet written by Zameer
Abdulla, LVLoadData.mdb. I'm not good at programming, only good at copying
code :-). When I click twice on the same row in the listbox it becomes
possible to edit the first column field. How can I avoid this. Appreciate any
tips. Code below:

Public Sub FillEmployees()
    On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

    'set variables
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim db As Database
    Dim lstItem As ListItem
    Dim strSQL As String

    Set db = CurrentDb()
    strSQL = "SELECT  * FROM Employees where Lastname Like '*" &
Forms!frmlistviewemployees!txtSearch1 & "*'"
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)

    With Me.ListView1
        'Set ListView style
        .View = lvwReport
        'This is not supported by ListView 5
        .GridLines = True
        .FullRowSelect = True
        'Clear Header and ListItems
        .ListItems.Clear
        .ColumnHeaders.Clear
    End With
    'Set up column headers
    With Me.ListView1.ColumnHeaders
        .Add , , "Emp ID", 1000, lvwColumnLeft
        .Add , , "Salutation", 700, lvwColumnLeft
        .Add , , "Last Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
        .Add , , "First Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
        .Add , , "Hire Date", 1500, lvwColumnRight
    End With
    ' Add items and subitems to list control.

    rs.MoveFirst
    Do Until rs.EOF
        Set lstItem = Me.ListView1.ListItems.Add()
        lstItem.Text = rs!EmployeeID
        lstItem.SubItems(1) = Nz(rs!TitleOfCourtesy, "N/A")
        lstItem.SubItems(2) = Nz(Trim(rs!LastName))
        lstItem.SubItems(3) = Nz(Trim(rs!FirstName))
        lstItem.SubItems(4) = Format(rs!HireDate, "Medium Date")
        rs.MoveNext
    Loop
    'close recordset
    rs.Close
    DoCmd.Echo True
ErrorHandlerExit:
    Exit Sub
ErrorHandler:
    If Err = 3021 Then    ' no current record
        Resume Next
    Else
        MsgBox "Error No: " & Err.Number & "; Description: " & Err.Description
        Resume ErrorHandlerExit
    End If

End Sub

I rarely, if ever, use a List Box. I prefer to use the Combo Box because it
requires less "screen real estate" -- using a Combo Box, set the Limit To
List property to Yes; then, unless you provide a NotInList event, the user
cannot edit the information in the Combo Box drop-down list.  And, the
Control will not take up as much of the screen as would a List Box.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

"Hallgeir" <Hallgeir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I fill my listbox with code example found on the internet written by Zameer
> Abdulla, LVLoadData.mdb. I'm not good at programming, only good at copying
> code :-). When I click twice on the same row in the listbox it becomes
> possible to edit the first column field. How can I avoid this. Appreciate
> any
> tips. Code below:
>
> Public Sub FillEmployees()
>    On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
>
>    'set variables
>    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
>    Dim db As Database
>    Dim lstItem As ListItem
>    Dim strSQL As String
>
>    Set db = CurrentDb()
>    strSQL = "SELECT  * FROM Employees where Lastname Like '*" &
> Forms!frmlistviewemployees!txtSearch1 & "*'"
>    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
>
>    With Me.ListView1
>        'Set ListView style
>        .View = lvwReport
>        'This is not supported by ListView 5
>        .GridLines = True
>        .FullRowSelect = True
>        'Clear Header and ListItems
>        .ListItems.Clear
>        .ColumnHeaders.Clear
>    End With
>    'Set up column headers
>    With Me.ListView1.ColumnHeaders
>        .Add , , "Emp ID", 1000, lvwColumnLeft
>        .Add , , "Salutation", 700, lvwColumnLeft
>        .Add , , "Last Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
>        .Add , , "First Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
>        .Add , , "Hire Date", 1500, lvwColumnRight
>    End With
>    ' Add items and subitems to list control.
>
>    rs.MoveFirst
>    Do Until rs.EOF
>        Set lstItem = Me.ListView1.ListItems.Add()
>        lstItem.Text = rs!EmployeeID
>        lstItem.SubItems(1) = Nz(rs!TitleOfCourtesy, "N/A")
>        lstItem.SubItems(2) = Nz(Trim(rs!LastName))
>        lstItem.SubItems(3) = Nz(Trim(rs!FirstName))
>        lstItem.SubItems(4) = Format(rs!HireDate, "Medium Date")
>        rs.MoveNext
>    Loop
>    'close recordset
>    rs.Close
>    DoCmd.Echo True
> ErrorHandlerExit:
>    Exit Sub
> ErrorHandler:
>    If Err = 3021 Then    ' no current record
>        Resume Next
>    Else
>        MsgBox "Error No: " & Err.Number & "; Description: " &
> Err.Description
>        Resume ErrorHandlerExit
>    End If
>
> End Sub

0
Larry
5/29/2010 10:01:46 PM
Your listbox is an activex control; Larry didn't catch that. An Access
listbox control does not really have columns, and the issue you report
would not arise.

Many ActiveX controls let you into the properties dialog for the control
when you doubleclick in design view. There you may be able to set a
property like 'editable' or 'enable edits'. Likewise you'd be able to
set that property via code but since you're not a code hound, the
property dialog might be a better choice.

You could convert to using an Access listbox, they are pretty simple to
work with. I find listboxes to be quite useful, but I guess not everyone
does <g>.

In article <0D11900B-3975-4BC8-BA0D-B5BC8757AC39@microsoft.com>,
Hallgeir@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I fill my listbox with code example found on the internet written by Zameer
> Abdulla, LVLoadData.mdb. I'm not good at programming, only good at copying
> code :-). When I click twice on the same row in the listbox it becomes
> possible to edit the first column field. How can I avoid this. Appreciate any
> tips. Code below:
>
> Public Sub FillEmployees()
>     On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
>
>     'set variables
>     Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
>     Dim db As Database
>     Dim lstItem As ListItem
>     Dim strSQL As String
>
>     Set db = CurrentDb()
>     strSQL = "SELECT  * FROM Employees where Lastname Like '*" &
> Forms!frmlistviewemployees!txtSearch1 & "*'"
>     Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
>
>     With Me.ListView1
>         'Set ListView style
>         .View = lvwReport
>         'This is not supported by ListView 5
>         .GridLines = True
>         .FullRowSelect = True
>         'Clear Header and ListItems
>         .ListItems.Clear
>         .ColumnHeaders.Clear
>     End With
>     'Set up column headers
>     With Me.ListView1.ColumnHeaders
>         .Add , , "Emp ID", 1000, lvwColumnLeft
>         .Add , , "Salutation", 700, lvwColumnLeft
>         .Add , , "Last Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
>         .Add , , "First Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
>         .Add , , "Hire Date", 1500, lvwColumnRight
>     End With
>     ' Add items and subitems to list control.
>
>     rs.MoveFirst
>     Do Until rs.EOF
>         Set lstItem = Me.ListView1.ListItems.Add()
>         lstItem.Text = rs!EmployeeID
>         lstItem.SubItems(1) = Nz(rs!TitleOfCourtesy, "N/A")
>         lstItem.SubItems(2) = Nz(Trim(rs!LastName))
>         lstItem.SubItems(3) = Nz(Trim(rs!FirstName))
>         lstItem.SubItems(4) = Format(rs!HireDate, "Medium Date")
>         rs.MoveNext

0
mat
5/29/2010 11:20:40 PM
"Hallgeir" <Hallgeir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I fill my listbox with code example found on the internet written by Zameer
> Abdulla, LVLoadData.mdb. I'm not good at programming, only good at copying
> code :-). When I click twice on the same row in the listbox it becomes
> possible to edit the first column field. How can I avoid this. Appreciate
> any
> tips. Code below:
>
> Public Sub FillEmployees()
>    On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
>
>    'set variables
>    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
>    Dim db As Database
>    Dim lstItem As ListItem
>    Dim strSQL As String
>
>    Set db = CurrentDb()
>    strSQL = "SELECT  * FROM Employees where Lastname Like '*" &
> Forms!frmlistviewemployees!txtSearch1 & "*'"
>    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
>
>    With Me.ListView1
>        'Set ListView style
>        .View = lvwReport
>        'This is not supported by ListView 5
>        .GridLines = True
>        .FullRowSelect = True
>        'Clear Header and ListItems
>        .ListItems.Clear
>        .ColumnHeaders.Clear
>    End With
>    'Set up column headers
>    With Me.ListView1.ColumnHeaders
>        .Add , , "Emp ID", 1000, lvwColumnLeft
>        .Add , , "Salutation", 700, lvwColumnLeft
>        .Add , , "Last Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
>        .Add , , "First Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
>        .Add , , "Hire Date", 1500, lvwColumnRight
>    End With
>    ' Add items and subitems to list control.
>
>    rs.MoveFirst
>    Do Until rs.EOF
>        Set lstItem = Me.ListView1.ListItems.Add()
>        lstItem.Text = rs!EmployeeID
>        lstItem.SubItems(1) = Nz(rs!TitleOfCourtesy, "N/A")
>        lstItem.SubItems(2) = Nz(Trim(rs!LastName))
>        lstItem.SubItems(3) = Nz(Trim(rs!FirstName))
>        lstItem.SubItems(4) = Format(rs!HireDate, "Medium Date")
>        rs.MoveNext
>    Loop
>    'close recordset
>    rs.Close
>    DoCmd.Echo True
> ErrorHandlerExit:
>    Exit Sub
> ErrorHandler:
>    If Err = 3021 Then    ' no current record
>        Resume Next
>    Else
>        MsgBox "Error No: " & Err.Number & "; Description: " &
> Err.Description
>        Resume ErrorHandlerExit
>    End If
>
> End Sub

In your With Me.ListView1 block:

..LabelEdit = lvwManual

0
Stuart
5/30/2010 12:35:27 AM
Thanks, mat. You are right... I did not realize the O.P. was talking about a
ListView, not a List Box.  There's good information on TreeView and ListView
in former MVP Jeff Conrad's "Access Junkie" site, which you'll now find at
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html

--

"mat" <mat@notarealdotcom.adr> wrote in message
> Your listbox is an activex control; Larry didn't catch that. An Access
> listbox control does not really have columns, and the issue you report
> would not arise.
>
> Many ActiveX controls let you into the properties dialog for the control
> when you doubleclick in design view. There you may be able to set a
> property like 'editable' or 'enable edits'. Likewise you'd be able to
> set that property via code but since you're not a code hound, the
> property dialog might be a better choice.
>
> You could convert to using an Access listbox, they are pretty simple to
> work with. I find listboxes to be quite useful, but I guess not everyone
> does <g>.
>
> In article <0D11900B-3975-4BC8-BA0D-B5BC8757AC39@microsoft.com>,
> Hallgeir@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>>
>> I fill my listbox with code example found on the internet written by
>> Zameer
>> Abdulla, LVLoadData.mdb. I'm not good at programming, only good at
>> copying
>> code :-). When I click twice on the same row in the listbox it becomes
>> possible to edit the first column field. How can I avoid this. Appreciate
>> any
>> tips. Code below:
>>
>> Public Sub FillEmployees()
>>     On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
>>
>>     'set variables
>>     Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
>>     Dim db As Database
>>     Dim lstItem As ListItem
>>     Dim strSQL As String
>>
>>     Set db = CurrentDb()
>>     strSQL = "SELECT  * FROM Employees where Lastname Like '*" &
>> Forms!frmlistviewemployees!txtSearch1 & "*'"
>>     Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)
>>
>>     With Me.ListView1
>>         'Set ListView style
>>         .View = lvwReport
>>         'This is not supported by ListView 5
>>         .GridLines = True
>>         .FullRowSelect = True
>>         'Clear Header and ListItems
>>         .ListItems.Clear
>>         .ColumnHeaders.Clear
>>     End With
>>     'Set up column headers
>>     With Me.ListView1.ColumnHeaders
>>         .Add , , "Emp ID", 1000, lvwColumnLeft
>>         .Add , , "Salutation", 700, lvwColumnLeft
>>         .Add , , "Last Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
>>         .Add , , "First Name", 2000, lvwColumnLeft
>>         .Add , , "Hire Date", 1500, lvwColumnRight
>>     End With
>>     ' Add items and subitems to list control.
>>
>>     rs.MoveFirst
>>     Do Until rs.EOF
>>         Set lstItem = Me.ListView1.ListItems.Add()
>>         lstItem.Text = rs!EmployeeID
>>         lstItem.SubItems(1) = Nz(rs!TitleOfCourtesy, "N/A")
>>         lstItem.SubItems(2) = Nz(Trim(rs!LastName))
>>         lstItem.SubItems(3) = Nz(Trim(rs!FirstName))
>>         lstItem.SubItems(4) = Format(rs!HireDate, "Medium Date")
>>         rs.MoveNext

0
Larry
5/30/2010 2:10:32 AM
Thank you folks!
Sorry that I confused you buy calling it a listbox. I know better. Correct
me if I'm wrong but i have got the understanding that an activex listview
control has more possibilties than the access listbox. Stuarts tips did the
magic so I stick to the listview for the moment .

In article <B3D34A05-36C6-4384-A9ED-7C5988AA29EB@microsoft.com>,
Hallgeir@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> Thank you folks!
> Sorry that I confused you buy calling it a listbox. I know better. Correct
> me if I'm wrong but i have got the understanding that an activex listview
> control has more possibilties than the access listbox. Stuarts tips did the
> magic so I stick to the listview for the moment .

Yes, the listview ActiveX control is more versatile; the Access listbox
control is easier for some common uses.
0
mat

Locked Fields
On the quote log entity the fields refering to shipping addresses are all mandatory locked fields and I want to get rid of them. How do I do that? On Nov 26, 5:46 pm, DMT <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the quote log entity the fields refering to shipping addresses are all > mandatory locked fields and I want to get rid of them. > > How do I do that? DMT- Settings > Customization > Quotes > Attributes > and remove the constraint from each of the fields from that section. Business Req'd , Recommended, or No Constraint. Set any/all relativ...

Edit Box carriage return
How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. Use \r\n. "CodeTyro" <CodeTyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819EB280-849A-4672-81C6-12DB72952B9B@microsoft.com... > How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. ...

Excel File Edited and Saved in Word
A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, and then saved with the excel extention in word. Now this file could not be opened in excel. Is there any way to get the file back in excel? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!!! Sorry, but that file is gone. I hope you have a backup or have sent it to someone as an attachment. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Ping" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d8701c3a3dc$185b38f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, &...

Standard smart list edit
Hi, Is it possible to edit a standard smart list using smart list builder. I need to bring in the item comment in the standard sales line item report. What is the most efficient way of doing it? Thanks. No, it's not possible to edit standard smartlists with SLB. However, you can download the XML files for all the standard SmartLists via CustomerSource/PartnerSource to be used with SLB. That way you can modify at will and redeploy. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP B...

Sales Person Field
When a Order in printed where is the Sales person being pulled which field ? Owner ? Thanks Hi Carlos, I guess you have customized your invoice entity and sales person is actually the owner. You may have changed owner field's label to sales person. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Carlos" wrote: > When a Order in printed where is the Sales person being pulled which field ? > Owner ? > > Thanks > > ...

Editing a Response to a Declined Meeting
I receive a following error when trying to edit a response before sending a decline to a meeting in OutlookXP. OS - WinXP. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.2627.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x00053f03. ...

Report can't print form field
My report heading contains a text box with the following data source: ="Transactions since " & Forms!frmPrintTran!txtDate The on-screen preview shows the date fine, but on printing, this textbox displays #Name? The form remains open during print. Happens with both Access 2002 and 2007, DB structure A2000. What gives here? Thanks. -- TedMi This usually happens when there is code in the On Close of the report that closes the form. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "tedmi" wrote: > My report heading contains a text box with the following data source: > ...

Pie Chart: want separate chart for each "RN"
Hi All. I have a report, which contains numerous amounts of data, so there are several subreport in the main report. Each subreport is broken out by "RN". The subreports contain rows of data, counts & percentages. Everything works fine, EXCEPT, the Pie Chart subreport. It is pulling in ALL "RN" #'s, making a very ugly pie chart. So, I want to run the data once for a "TEAM" of "RN's" but have the report separate out as many different reports as there are "RN's". Which it does this for ALL OTHER pieces of data, excep...

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...

Is Mail Edited
I have an application and sends an email by creating the object of Outlook.Application. That mail goes to OutBox folder in Outlook, once user clicks on Send/Receive button it goes to the recipient. But anyone can edit that mail in outbox and send it. Can I check whether that mail is edited or its the original mail Please Help Sure. By looking at what they sent on their computer. "Marc" <dummy@dummy.com> wrote in message news:%23el%23bBL$KHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I have an application and sends an email by creating the object of : Outlook.Applic...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

Display table name as field in query
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a query? I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a >query? > >I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different >tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Just use the table name in a calcula...

Re: how do I export "user-defined" fields and information into excel?
Export Contacts Items from Office Outlook - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566171033.aspx Contacts Exporter for Microsoft Exchange Server is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to export Contacts Items from any Microsoft Office Outlook and/or Microsoft Exchange Public Contacts Folder (or private Mailbox folder) to Microsoft Office Access table or Microsoft Office Excel file. http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm "IMI Contact Exporter" export contacts from ANY folder, including shared and public folders.. | "gayle&...

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

Outlook 2003 does not export all fields to any of the selected file formats
Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and time field for messages. If there is a way please let me know. For what purpose are you exporting your .pst items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Great Eyes asked: | Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and | time field for messages. | If there is a way please let me know. "...

Make Bit field control value of float field
Hi. I've made bit field with the default options of yes and no: new_Q1 Then i've made a field to collect a amount of points, incase the bit is set to yes: new_Q1p. If i select the format of the bit value to "list" my script works fine. If I select "check box", it does not work. Can any one help me modyfi the script to work with the check box? Thanks Regards, Jacob Mondrup This is the script I use: ______________________________________________________________________________ var point = 0; var get_status = parseInt(crmForm.all.new_q1.DataValue); switch (get...

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...

clearing Automatic Naming in the 'To' field
In Outlook, when you click on the 'To' field and start typing the email address, a drop-down list appears to choose a name or email to complete the address (if the address has been used before) or the line will automatically complete if only one matching name has been used before. Sometimes email addresses change, so an option being presented on the line or in the drop-down list may no longer be valid. How do I clear the list of old names or email addresses that are no longer valid addresses. I know I can turn off automatic naming in the advanced e-mail options but I don...

null fields in Message Tracking logs
The Message Tracking logs for our SBS 2003 exch. server contain null values for the client-ip and host-name fields. Is there a reason whe this would be so? Are we missing some component which would populate these fields? Thanks! ...

Invalid argument. (Error 3001) While Pasting into an OLE Field
The following just started popping up when trying to paste a zip file into an OLE field. All previous pastes show as a package. Invalid argument. (Error 3001) You tried to perform an operation that involves a routine in a DLL, and one of the arguments to the routine is invalid. Check your entry to make sure you have specified the correct arguments, and then try the operation again. This error also occurs when you attempt to use mutually exclusive constants in an argument to a method, such as specifying both dbConsistent and dbInconsistent in the options argument to the OpenRecordset met...

Ability to enter multiple meter readings per day in field service.
Would like to have the abiltiy to enter multiple meter reading per day in fields service instead of being limited to just one entry per day. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-u...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

Crosstab Row Heading Issues
Hi, I have Access 2003 and when I do a cross tab I cannot bring in more than 3 field values for row headings - my coworker (who has Access 97) can bring in >3 row headings. Is this a paremter setting in Access 2003? Thanks, Mike I believe that the Wizard can't handle more than 3; however, you can do more with SQL. Try creating a crosstab with the three headings, them modifying it at SQL level to add more. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "mike" wrote: > Hi, > > I have Access 2003 and...

Non-editable field
In a form, can a field be made non-editable AFTER it has been filled in by an event procedure? Are you saying you wish to "lock" the field? You can set this property (Locked) and/or a closely related property (Enabled) within an event procedure. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Donna Rae" <DonnaRae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10A864E8-B7AB-4EF3-A875-839ACB4F7198@microsoft.com... > In a form, can a field be made non-editable AFTER it has been filled in by > an > event procedure? Jeff, What I have is a form wit...

Edit VBA
'Hi 'Below is a code given to me by one of the many good people around here replaced with "=" instead of "<>". 'Question is that I only need to be notified ONCE that cell B72 and B73 are equal (not when both are blank or zero ) 'because right now my worksheet keeps chiming anytime I input any value anywhere even when both mentioned cells are both blank. Private Declare Function sndPlaySound32 Lib "winmm.dll" Alias _ "sndPlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszSoundName As String, _ ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long Private Sub Worksheet_C...