Using Option Buttons to Modify a Query

I have a form with a subform that uses a Query as its 'Source Object'.
On the form there are 6 Option Buttons that I would like to use to
modify the Query Criteria. Each button would have a unique value (A,
C, E, H, P, or X),  the Query Criteria would be modified to use from 0
(no Criteria => all records) through 6 buttons (all Criteria => all
records).

I also have 6 other buttons that I would like to use to sort the query
but if somebody can tell me how to do the above I may be able to
figure it out on my own.

Thanx
Geoff

0
geoff

Here a couple of ways --
SELECT EMP.EMP, EMP.Name, EMP.LastName, EMP.FirstName, EMP.MI
FROM EMP
WHERE (((EMP.Name) Like "*") AND (([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0])=0)) OR
(((EMP.MI) Like "*") AND (([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0])=1)) OR (((EMP.Name)
Between "A" And "M") AND (([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0])=2)) OR (((EMP.Name)
Between "N" And "Z") AND (([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0])=3))
ORDER BY IIf([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame1]=0,[Name],[firstName]);

--
Build a little, test a little.

"geoff.burkholder@ca.weatherford.com" wrote:

> I have a form with a subform that uses a Query as its 'Source Object'.
> On the form there are 6 Option Buttons that I would like to use to
> modify the Query Criteria. Each button would have a unique value (A,
> C, E, H, P, or X),  the Query Criteria would be modified to use from 0
> (no Criteria => all records) through 6 buttons (all Criteria => all
> records).
>
> I also have 6 other buttons that I would like to use to sort the query
> but if somebody can tell me how to do the above I may be able to
> figure it out on my own.
>
> Thanx
> Geoff
>
> .

high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com

Using ActiveX in a DHtmlDialog
I need to catch an event fired by an ActiveX control embed into a page. The code in the DHTML_EVENT_MAP() is: BEGIN_DHTML_EVENT_MAP(CModificaDatiCont) DHTML_EVENT_ONCLICK(_T("visColRettifica"), OnChShowrett) {DHTMLEVENTMAPENTRY_CONTROL,0x02,_T("F1Book"), reinterpret_cast<DHEVTFUNCCONTROL>(OnDblClick)) }, END_DHTML_EVENT_MAP() I need to perform this cast because the DHTML_EVENT_AXCONTROL() works only for functions without parameters; my callback func has two parameters: (declare in CModificaDatiCont.h) void OnDblClick(long nRow, long nCol); All works fine until I ...

If Functin within Access query
Hi I am new to if functins and wondered if anybody can tell me what I am doing wrong. I am using Access 2003 and and trying to use the if function in a query It is one query based on another, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong SafetyTotal: [S1C]+[S2C]+[S3C]+[S4C]+[S5C]+[S6C]+[S7C]+[S8C]+[S9C]+[S10C]+[S11C]+[S12C]+[S13C]+[S14C]+[S15C]+[S16C]+[S17C]+[S18C]+[S19C]+[S20C]+[S21C] SafetyTraficLight: IIf([SafetyTotal]<=7,"GREEN",IIf([SafetyTotal]>=8<=14,"AMBER",IIf([SafetyTotal]>=15,"RED"))) The first 2 parts of the function will...

Help with InStr in a query
I have values like "2010 WW14" and "2010 WW7" in a query and I'm trying to grab the number part to the right of "WW". It will always be a 1 or 2 digit number and I always want the format to be a number. I'm currently using Left([WorkWeek2],(InStr(1,[WorkWeek2],"ww")-1)) to grab the 4-digit year to the left of "WW", but I can't figure out how to alter it for what I need above. Any suggestions? Thanks! Try: mid(WorkWeek2,instr(WorkWeek2,'ww')+2) -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; t...

For projecting presentations, what does "extend" option do?
I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options. Three are self evident. The fourth, to me at least, is not. Help? On 3/24/10 1:07 PM, Bob wrote: > I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options. > Three are self evident. The fourth, to me at least, is not. Help? Extend means that you have different things on your computer and projector. People with two monitors often have an extended desktop so they can put some stuff on one monitor and some on another (like a window the NCAA tournament on one monitor and a Word docume...

How to use an Excel 1997 files with line chart that have date & ti
I have many old Excel 1997 files with line graphs that show up the x axis date and time values. The old Excel 97 show about ever 10 or 20th date/time stamp in the x axis, but the new 2003 show only black spots at the bottom of the line graphs. How do I get Excel 2003 to produce a line graph to show time/scale data that has dates and times like the old Excel 97 did? ...

Autofill in Query
Hello, I have a user that refers to enter data into a query so that she can check the calculations as she enters. My question is as she enters data and goes from one record to the next Access tries to fill in data which does not fit the criteria for that column. For example if she enters 123 in record 1, then 124 in record 2, Access will automatically fill in 125 in record 3 even though 125 is not an item in the list for the look up wizard for that field, and then she receives an error. Is there anyway to turn off this functions, so that Access will not automatically insert the next ...

Can not sent mail using blat (to Exchange)
I am in the process of converting from SBS2003 to Server/Exchange 2003. In the past I have been using blat to e-mail results of a number scripts. However in the new setup I can not get blat to work. On compairing the Exchange configs on both servers I can not find any differences. The new setup can send/receive interanl/external mail just fine to I know the basic setup is correct. Below it the output of a couple of telnet tests. I did not expect the test using the external domain to work but the internal one should work as before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Signed, Losing...

send button #9
I can't find a send button. I have tried the add accounts, put the imap and smtp (aol) still nothing. It can't even be found in the tools sections -- xps the account is not fully configured. The send button will not appear until it is configured. "joe" wrote: > I can't find a send button. I have tried the add accounts, put the imap and > smtp (aol) still nothing. It can't even be found in the tools sections > -- > xps ...

Command Button won't sit still.
I have an excel workbook with many worksheets. Each sheet has 2 command buttons. When I run VBA Macros that redraws the print area or change sheets the command buttons slide. How do I lock them down? .. Try right-click and format object, properties tab, then tell it not to move with cells. <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*->...

Button #2
How do I create a simple button to which I can assign a macro to? Hi Felix there's lots of methods, personally i like using the drawing toolbar autoshape objects (stars / rounded squares etc). Display the drawing toolbar (view / toolbars / drawing), click on autoshapes, choose basic shapes (or whatever), click on your workbook ... to assign the macro, right mouse click choose Assign macro Cheers JulieD "Felix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:274d001c463f3$c31bd380$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I create a simple button to which I can assign...

using variables to select rows
I see that this subject has been raised several times but the response so far do not seem to help me. (I might be a bit slow on the uptake) My problem is that in order to export a spread sheet to anothe application successfully, I need to delete all of the blank rows fro the end of the sheet. I have 200+ sheets with varying lengths so I nee to automate. I have a macro the works well providing I enter a constant in place o the variable "DeleteRowsFromRowNumber" as shown below. DeleteRowsFromRowNumber is declared as an integer Rows("DeleteRowsFromRowNumber:65500").Selec...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

Excel Client Safety Options
When trying to refresh Pivot Table data, in Excel) (external data, OLAP Cube) I get the following message: "Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source". Do someone know how to get around this? Where can I change secutity settings? I still have a computer with older set-up, Office XP (2002) and that instalation works fine. .. ...

Using Money on a pocket PC
I am trying to install Money for the pocket pc on my new IPAQ which has the new Pocket PC 2003 Prem as the operating system. After sync - the IPAQ reads "Error - This version of Money for the Pocket PC can only be installed on devices running Pocket PC 2002." I am currently using Money 2003. Can anyone help me? A known problem, which MS hasn't fixed yet. There's a workaround that some folks have used: Follow these instructions and you should be able to install Money for the PPC (2003 version): 1. With the PPC in the cradle and ActiveSync running, start the install...

Weather counting query
Hi All, I have entered data for several weather stations into Excel. They are daily maximum temperatures. What I would like to do is to totalthe temperatures and then divide them by the number of days in the month, Obviously, this number varies, so I would like to count the number of cells with an entry in it, and then divide the total maximum temperatures by that figure. This should also give me a running total of the average temperature for each stationat anytime in the month. Can anyone suggest how I can do this? Thanks in advance, Simon Keeling -- Weather Consultancy Services T...

Migration options from E2k server to another E2k3 server
Hello, I have a doubt in which way is best suited to migrate data from a E2k server to another E2k3 server in the same domain. For more information, both are domain controllers, the E2k server is running under Windows 2k Server and the E2k3 is running under Windows 2k3 server enterprise edition. The last will replace th older E2k server. Thank you in advance, On Feb 12, 10:13 am, winpor <win...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, I have a doubt in which way is best suited to migrate data from a E2k > server to another E2k3 server in the same domain. > For more inform...

problem using tab
When I hit the tab button the selection jumps several columns over instead of going to the next column. What's strange is that this seems to happen only on one computer in the network and not on the others. The document is shared so I think it is maybe the formatting for that computer's excel. Does anyone know what is going on? Hi Tools > Options > Transition, uncheck "transision navigation keys". HTH. Best wishes Harald (Not knowing what's going on, just how to get rid of it :-) "officebug" <officebug@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i me...

update query
I have jobs due be pulled up on a form - click on location on a map(form) the cleaning jobs due in that room come up with a DAte done field and who has done the job to be filled out. I would like this info to go to a given(different) table (update query??) and then cleared for the next DAY (new day) for new jobs due on that new day. To pull up what is due- I have a frequency field that pulls up what is due on that given day of the week (mon, wed, fri)etc. just some backgroud info - Form based off of query shows job to be done location who is responsible frequency(pulls up when due o...

Default value of combo box based on another that uses DLookUp
Hi, I have a problem I'm trying to overcome regarding just one form which gets its data from 1 table. I'm trying to set the default value of a combo box to be the same as another combo box on the same form. The scenario is: I have a form for entering info about financial planning Statements Of Advice. Each client has a Plan Writer prepare their plan. To find the plan writer that last prepared the plan for a client I have a combo box with a DLookUp as its Control Source. =DLookUp("Plan_Writer","qryDefault_Planwriter","[Client]=Form![Client]") I'm usin...

Who is using my app?
I have a split application for which I want to make a change to the shared tables. To do this, I need exclusive access to the app. I came in this Saturday morning at 5:00 am to ensure I would have exclusive access, but no, I was blocked from going into design mode. I presume that one or more users left the app running over the weekend. Is there any way I can find out who might have done this? Some kind of retribution is in order. I have Admin privileges and I know the Account id of all app users. Nobody except myself uses a password. You can determine the name of each computer with ...

Use Form button to move current record to another table
I have a database which consists of computer names and model numbers. As time goes on the computers get old and are no longer in use. I also have an identical table that I have been copying the old computers to. Once copied to the old computer database I delete the computer record from the current computer database. Is it possible to accomplish this task with one button? Say you had a button on each record called cmdArchive, and it's purpose is to move this record to an archive table, and delete that same entry from your current table. Each record should have a unique identifying ...

OUTLOOK 2000 Closes when using certificate
Morning all We are currentley testing digital certificates (the free one from comodo.com). I have a couple of users on outlook 2000 and when they recieve a digitally signed e-mail Outlook closes when you attempt to view the e-mail. Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Regards Steve Does anyone have any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >Morning all > >We are currentley testing digital certificates (the free >one from comodo.com). I have a couple of users on outlook >2000 and when they recieve a digitally signed e-mail >Outlook closes when you attempt to view th...

Want to use left and center footer on same page
I am trying to put text in the ledt footer and page # in the center, but they are overlapping. Can this be fixed? "wjs-matt" <wjs-matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C82E73D-D9E4-4AA6-8FAA-B51A917352D1@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put text in the ledt footer and page # in the center, but >they > are overlapping. Can this be fixed? Yes. Select the left footer and reduce the font size. ...

Query Help 02-05-08
I have a query with a Where statement. The results of that query are used to populate the data iand peform calculations in the next query. If the first query produces no results, the second does not either. How would I tell access to put a value of 0 in one of the fields as a result in the first query so that the second query would produce results with a field that has a value of 0 instead of not returning any values at all? I have not tried this but it might work for you. Use your query in a union query. Create a query with subquery that counts records from your where statement. If...