Using a text box to enter in a password.

Hello everyone,

I have created a login form for our users to enter their user ID and
password into two text boxes. The first text box, the users enter in
their employee ID, which is alpha-numeric, and the second text box is
where the user enters in their password, using the input mask of
astericks (*).

I am seeing odd behavior in the password section of my form. If a user
has a passowrd called "MYpassword", any leading capitals will be
converted to lowercase and will read "Mypassword". We have had our
users choose another password without any leading capital letters
after the first letter, which is a workaround.

Any ideas? Is this a Access bug?

0
EAB1977

I'm unable to reproduce your problem: the data comes across exactly as
entered for me.

What's the code you've current got to handle the password.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"EAB1977" <koolaid4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have created a login form for our users to enter their user ID and
> password into two text boxes. The first text box, the users enter in
> their employee ID, which is alpha-numeric, and the second text box is
> where the user enters in their password, using the input mask of
> astericks (*).
>
> I am seeing odd behavior in the password section of my form. If a user
> has a passowrd called "MYpassword", any leading capitals will be
> converted to lowercase and will read "Mypassword". We have had our
> users choose another password without any leading capital letters
> after the first letter, which is a workaround.
>
> Any ideas? Is this a Access bug?

0
Douglas
9/19/2007 3:31:30 PM
Check your setting in Tools - Autocorrect

The checkbox for "correct Two Initial Capitals" is probably selected; turning
it off should solve your problem.

John

EAB1977 wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I have created a login form for our users to enter their user ID and
>password into two text boxes. The first text box, the users enter in
>their employee ID, which is alpha-numeric, and the second text box is
>where the user enters in their password, using the input mask of
>astericks (*).
>
>I am seeing odd behavior in the password section of my form. If a user
>has a passowrd called "MYpassword", any leading capitals will be
>converted to lowercase and will read "Mypassword". We have had our
>users choose another password without any leading capital letters
>after the first letter, which is a workaround.
>
>Any ideas? Is this a Access bug?

0
J_Goddard
9/19/2007 3:48:44 PM
That worked. Thanks John.

I assume that this will need to be set on all computers that have the
runtime Access versions installed?

0
EAB1977

Exchange directory Migration using ADMT
Hi, While migrating Exchange Directory migration using ADMT tool the following error occurs. WRN1:7578 Unable to establish SSL connection with the exchange server 'Servername' at port 636. rc=58. The specified server cannot perform the requested operation. I have added the keys in the registry of the target domain(Exchange LDAP/SSL Port keys).Even then the problen persists. Can anyone help me. Regards, Shankar. Hi, Please can anyone let me know asap. I am unable to solve this. "shankar" <shrankar@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:eL3$m#jPEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13...

lost protected password
To All, An ex-employee left and we don't know/lost the password for an Excel file he created. According to MS, there's is no way to open the file if pw is lost. Is it really no way to retrieve the file? If yes, how? Thanks Calvin Hi Calvin, Try: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html --- Regards, Norman "PinkCrib" <webmaster@pinkcrib.com> wrote in message news:OKkgOQ82EHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > To All, > An ex-employee left and we don't know/lost the password for an Excel file > he > created. According to MS, there's is no...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

Not printing text box borders?
I am trying to design a form in Excel 2002 and I'd like to use text boxes but I'd like them to print without a border. I can't seem to find any way to turn the border off. Is there a way to format the text box so I can do this? TIA. Gary Vocks Gary, Is this a worksheet or UserForm? By "print," do you mean it shows on the screen but doesn't print (to paper)? If you want to remove the border entirely (screen and print), and you're using a text box from the Control Toolbox (Sheet or UserForm), set its BorderStyle property to fmBorderStyleNone. It's pr...

combo boxes
Driving myself mad trying to find info on how to add to a spreadsheet item variously called combo box/drop down menu/pop up menu. Anybody able to tell me (in easy terms?)? Thanks If you want to try Data|Validation (the easiest way to get that effect), take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Pat wrote: > > Driving myself mad trying to find info on how to add to a > spreadsheet item variously called combo box/drop down > menu/pop up menu. Anybody able to tell me (in easy > terms?)? > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35...

rotate text box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I rotate a text box or rotate text in a text box? I have a lengthy document (portrait setup) with page numbers in the footer. Works well. However on a few pages I have tables and charts that must be in landscape. When I create a section break to landscape those pages the page numbers move to the right-middle side of the page (if looking at it in portrait). I need to insert a text box, rotate the text, and place the box where the page number should be (bottom of page if viewed in portrait). <br&g...

always come up "dialog box open"and ask me to close.but i don't k.
when i want to close or want to write new letter,always come up"dialog box open" and i can not do any thing See if this applies to you; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/118 If not, try to be a bit more descriptive and include some configuration info in your post for us to work with. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "papawadi" <papawadi@discussions...

Use the same name on multiple sheets in same workbook
I am new to Excel 2002. In prior versions I could create sheet specific names easily. With Excel 2002 every time I try to re use a name on another sheet (same workbook) the name gets moved to the new sheet. I use several workbooks (one book for sales, one for cost of goods, etc), with 12 sheets named for each month of the year. Each sheet is a duplicate of the first. As the year progresses I fill in the data at the end of each month. In the past I used the same names(Gross.Sales for example) on each sheet in the workbook. I then can build monthly summary reports using these names...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

text string
I have a column in an excel sheet (max 65000 rows) which contains text. I want to strip off the first word of the text string and place this into a different column leaving the rest(minus this one word) in the original column cell. in toal i have 85000 records and doing this by hand will take for ever. Once this is done I will transfer all records to an access database. can some one please give me a guide on how to go about doing this this should find the space and delete the first word Sub stripfirstword() For Each c In Selection c.Value = Right(c, Len(c) - InStr(1, c, " "...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Capture initial value of text box
Not sure why I can't seem to get this to work, but here's what I'm trying to do: I have a text box, 'Actual_Due_Date', tied to a field in a table. In the same table is a text box named 'Org_Due_Date'. When the initial value is set in the 'Actual' field, I want to capture and store it permanently in the 'Org' field. I have two forms, a New Project form and an Edit Project form. My thought was to just setup a simple macro in the New Project form in the 'Actual' field that says After Update set the 'Org' field equal to the 'A...

Can't send text message to cellphonenumber@txt.att.net
For years I've been able to send a text message to any Cingular (ATT) cellphone via Outlook 2003. Now, all of a sudden, it appears to send but the phone never gets it. I have not installed new software or changed anything about my settings in Outlook. I use Comcast as my provider. I can log into my account online there and it sends just fine. Thanks in advance for your help. annasue;110682 Wrote: > For years I've been able to send a text message to any Cingular (ATT) > cellphone via Outlook 2003. Now, all of a sudden, it appears to send > but the > ...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

No Message text in Inbox
Hello All! I am experiencing a strange problem with my outlook 2002 inbox. Received messages are blank when viewed in the inbox, but if I click 'Forward', then I am able to read the message... Any help with this? Thanks, Myles ...

Conditional Formatting Text!!
Hi I want to conditionally format some text in a spreadsheet using formula: I have column A1 with: 4a Be 3a To 4c To 4b Be 4c Be 5c Be 5c To 6a Be etc... What I want to do is for all cells which contain "5a Be" "5b Be" 5c Be" "4a Be" "4b be" and "4c Be" to be highlighted in Red - is there a formula to put all of them into one formula - If("5a Be" or "5b Be) etc.. Thanks Kiran "Kiran" <kiran.vithal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143053337.964222.63000@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi > ...

Shortcut key
One of the most irksome things in using Visio is having to go up to select an icon to switch between select mode and text entry mode. Is there any shortcuts keys or any trick to make the switch? Thank you, dbuchanan "dbuchanan" <dbuchanan52@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127084047.892156.41270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > One of the most irksome things in using Visio is having to go up to > select an icon to switch between select mode and text entry mode. Is > there any shortcuts keys or any trick to make the switch? > > Thank you, > dbuchanan S...

Use of InstallShield
Hi, I have got InstallShield with VC++, and I would like to use it to create a setup for various types of project, e.g. a game, activeX control, etc. However the project wizard only allows you to choose an .exe, and it makes you choose between 'database application', 'finance application', etc. What if my product isn't an .exe, say it's an .ocx, or what if it isn't one of these predefined types of program? I've no idea on where to start with the blank project option. I added my .ocx to the 'components' view and then tried pressing Ctrl+F5, but a...

Conditional formating using VBA
Hello I have to format cells (I4:J37) if cells (I43:J76) are: 100%-91% (green) 90%-76% (blue) 75%-50% (yellow) <50% (red) How do I write that in VBA? (I am new to VBA so any help would be appreciated) Many thanks Tracey Hi Tracey, I asume your users will enter a value in the range("I43:J76"). In that case you case use the Worksheet_change(Byval Target as Range function like so: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ' Check if only 1 cells value is changed If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ' Check if changed c...

what function would I use here?
In rows 1 to 192 I have a letter in just one of the columns D,E,F,G,H,or I. I want to fill in column C so that it will have the letter that is in column D thru I. What is the function that I use? I tried =MAX(d2:i2) but that doesn't work. I suppose the MAX function is for numbers only. Is it a FIND function or something different? Thanks in advance. -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson You could put this formula in C2 (for example): =3DD2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2 and then c...

Password recovery in MS MOney 2002?
I've forgotten the password for an occasionally used MS MOney 2002 file. Any tips on how to recover the password? TIA In microsoft.public.money, Jennifer McBride wrote: >I've forgotten the password for an occasionally used MS MOney 2002 file. >Any tips on how to recover the password? TIA > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=password.recovery+money+2002&btnG=Google+Search has many offerings -- some of which have free trials that will tell you the first two or 3 characters. That could be enough to jog your memory. I have no knowledge or...

Can I have a Dialog Box pop up when opening a word document?
I have a document that when a person opens it that a dialog box come up to tell the person to Stop someone is working on this account. You could put the following macro in the document Sub AutoOpen() MsgBox "Stop! Someone is working on this account." End Sub However, if the macro security is set to high, the macro will automatically be deleted and if it is set to medium, the user will be asked if they want to allow the macro to run. The other issue is that this would run whenever the document is opened, whether or not someone else had it opened. -- Hope...

Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect
I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template), while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully it's better in 2007. Thank you. A document can only have one type ...

Connecting internal ide HDD to Vista PC using caddy
I've just tried connecting an old HDD from a XP PC to my Vista PC via a caddy but it says USB device not recognised. Tried it with another XP machine and it is recognised. can I get the Vista PC to recognise it? Also with the various user folders one of them ( I guess it's because it had a password on the original machine) won't allow access. Is there a way of accessing these files? Trevor wrote: > I've just tried connecting an old HDD from a XP PC to my Vista PC > via a caddy but it says USB device not recognised. Tried it with > another XP machine ...

TOC removal and Text preserve
How can I remove Word field codes format and highligh, while preserving text with page numbers that was generated? What exactly is it that you wish to do? Do you want to display the field results? - ALT+F9 Do you want to display without the field shading? - Word Options > Advanced > Show Document Content > Field Shading > When selected (or Never) - In earlier Word versions the setting is in Tools > Options > View Do you want to convert the field to text? - Select then CTRL+SHIFT+F9. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >&...