Using a Button to increment numbers in a database among other things.

I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without
being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a
download link to the database I am working on.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html

I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to
do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the
click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the
year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered
with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a counter to do this but
to no avail. I have exhausted my knowledge of the vb language which is
virtually nothing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0
coldfire
7/6/2007 3:09:39 AM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
645 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

CF, your requirements are unclear. You want a format like:
07-0001
07-0002
07-0003  etc

but you say "otherwise I want 00-0000"
What conditions cause the otherwise?

Are all of your 4 digit number in one sequence, or are there factors that 
cause
the sequence to gap or cause multiple series of sequences?

Must all of the lab numbers in the table be unique?

Under what conditions are the first two digits NOT the decade?

UpRider

"coldfire" <emspider0907@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1183691379.888375.219840@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without
> being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a
> download link to the database I am working on.
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html
>
> I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to
> do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the
> click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the
> year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered
> with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a counter to do this but
> to no avail. I have exhausted my knowledge of the vb language which is
> virtually nothing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> 


0
UpRider
7/6/2007 5:12:42 AM
On Jul 6, 1:12 am, "UpRider" <good...@nothere.com> wrote:
> CF, your requirements are unclear. You want a format like:
> 07-0001
> 07-0002
> 07-0003  etc
>
> but you say "otherwise I want 00-0000"
> What conditions cause the otherwise?
>
> Are all of your 4 digit number in one sequence, or are there factors that
> cause
> the sequence to gap or cause multiple series of sequences?
>
> Must all of the lab numbers in the table be unique?
>
> Under what conditions are the first two digits NOT the decade?
>
> UpRider
>
> "coldfire" <emspider0...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1183691379.888375.219840@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>
> >I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without
> > being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a
> > download link to the database I am working on.
>
> >http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html
>
> > I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to
> > do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the
> > click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the
> > year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered
> > with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a counter to do this but
> > to no avail. I have exhausted my knowledge of the vb language which is
> > virtually nothing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The first two numbers are always the decade the reason that i don't
just want a field with an unchangeable incremented value is because i
will be entering backlogged cases from 2004-2006, and because some
cases will be duplicates only with a unique record number assigned to
them as they are supplements to the original.
The numbers will be seperate sequences for each year.

0
coldfire
7/7/2007 12:43:58 AM
Answered in another newsgroup.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com






"coldfire" <emspider0907@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1183691379.888375.219840@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without
> being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a
> download link to the database I am working on.
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html
>
> I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to
> do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the
> click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the
> year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered
> with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a counter to do this but
> to no avail. I have exhausted my knowledge of the vb language which is
> virtually nothing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> 


0
Steve
7/7/2007 1:19:47 AM
CF,

I think your table design is faulty. The labDB table should contain the lab 
number and little else. Then a new labDetail table that holds most of the 
other fields should be created. A one to many relationship would allow you 
to put as many supplemental records in the labDetail table for a given lab 
number without duplicating the lab numbers in the labDB table. This would 
allow you to make the lab number  the Primary Key, which would disallow 
duplicates in the main table and save you a LOT of trouble down the line.
A form with a subform would allow you to display all the records in the 
detail table when the main table shows the lab number (Primary Key).
This is all basic stuff that should be worked out on paper before any coding 
is done... :<)

HTH, UpRider

"coldfire" <emspider0907@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1183769038.672185.211070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> On Jul 6, 1:12 am, "UpRider" <good...@nothere.com> wrote:
>> CF, your requirements are unclear. You want a format like:
>> 07-0001
>> 07-0002
>> 07-0003  etc
>>
>> but you say "otherwise I want 00-0000"
>> What conditions cause the otherwise?
>>
>> Are all of your 4 digit number in one sequence, or are there factors that
>> cause
>> the sequence to gap or cause multiple series of sequences?
>>
>> Must all of the lab numbers in the table be unique?
>>
>> Under what conditions are the first two digits NOT the decade?
>>
>> UpRider
>>
>> "coldfire" <emspider0...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1183691379.888375.219840@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> >I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without
>> > being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a
>> > download link to the database I am working on.
>>
>> >http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html
>>
>> > I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to
>> > do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the
>> > click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the
>> > year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered
>> > with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a counter to do this but
>> > to no avail. I have exhausted my knowledge of the vb language which is
>> > virtually nothing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> The first two numbers are always the decade the reason that i don't
> just want a field with an unchangeable incremented value is because i
> will be entering backlogged cases from 2004-2006, and because some
> cases will be duplicates only with a unique record number assigned to
> them as they are supplements to the original.
> The numbers will be seperate sequences for each year.
> 


0
UpRider
7/7/2007 1:25:27 AM
On Jul 6, 9:25 pm, "UpRider" <good...@nothere.com> wrote:
> CF,
>
> I think your table design is faulty. The labDB table should contain the lab
> number and little else. Then a new labDetail table that holds most of the
> other fields should be created. A one to many relationship would allow you
> to put as many supplemental records in the labDetail table for a given lab
> number without duplicating the lab numbers in the labDB table. This would
> allow you to make the lab number  the Primary Key, which would disallow
> duplicates in the main table and save you a LOT of trouble down the line.
> A form with a subform would allow you to display all the records in the
> detail table when the main table shows the lab number (Primary Key).
> This is all basic stuff that should be worked out on paper before any coding
> is done... :<)
>
> HTH, UpRider
>
> "coldfire" <emspider0...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1183769038.672185.211070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>
> > On Jul 6, 1:12 am, "UpRider" <good...@nothere.com> wrote:
> >> CF, your requirements are unclear. You want a format like:
> >> 07-0001
> >> 07-0002
> >> 07-0003  etc
>
> >> but you say "otherwise I want 00-0000"
> >> What conditions cause the otherwise?
>
> >> Are all of your 4 digit number in one sequence, or are there factors that
> >> cause
> >> the sequence to gap or cause multiple series of sequences?
>
> >> Must all of the lab numbers in the table be unique?
>
> >> Under what conditions are the first two digits NOT the decade?
>
> >> UpRider
>
> >> "coldfire" <emspider0...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> >>news:1183691379.888375.219840@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>
> >> >I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without
> >> > being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a
> >> > download link to the database I am working on.
>
> >> >http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html
>
> >> > I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to
> >> > do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the
> >> > click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the
> >> > year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered
> >> > with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a counter to do this but
> >> > to no avail. I have exhausted my knowledge of the vb language which is
> >> > virtually nothing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> > The first two numbers are always the decade the reason that i don't
> > just want a field with an unchangeable incremented value is because i
> > will be entering backlogged cases from 2004-2006, and because some
> > cases will be duplicates only with a unique record number assigned to
> > them as they are supplements to the original.
> > The numbers will be seperate sequences for each year.

will incrementing with a primary key allow records to be entered non
sequentially and still maintain a sequential numbering in the table?

0
coldfire
7/7/2007 3:20:18 AM
CF, you don't care what order your records occur in the table because you 
have absolutely no control over that. Tables are not for data display. They 
are for data storage.
If you want to see your records in some particular order in a form or 
report, you can control that.

UpRider

"coldfire" <emspider0907@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1183778418.551073.17210@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> On Jul 6, 9:25 pm, "UpRider" <good...@nothere.com> wrote:
>> CF,
>>
>> I think your table design is faulty. The labDB table should contain the 
>> lab
>> number and little else. Then a new labDetail table that holds most of the
>> other fields should be created. A one to many relationship would allow 
>> you
>> to put as many supplemental records in the labDetail table for a given 
>> lab
>> number without duplicating the lab numbers in the labDB table. This would
>> allow you to make the lab number  the Primary Key, which would disallow
>> duplicates in the main table and save you a LOT of trouble down the line.
>> A form with a subform would allow you to display all the records in the
>> detail table when the main table shows the lab number (Primary Key).
>> This is all basic stuff that should be worked out on paper before any 
>> coding
>> is done... :<)
>>
>> HTH, UpRider
>>
>> "coldfire" <emspider0...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1183769038.672185.211070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > On Jul 6, 1:12 am, "UpRider" <good...@nothere.com> wrote:
>> >> CF, your requirements are unclear. You want a format like:
>> >> 07-0001
>> >> 07-0002
>> >> 07-0003  etc
>>
>> >> but you say "otherwise I want 00-0000"
>> >> What conditions cause the otherwise?
>>
>> >> Are all of your 4 digit number in one sequence, or are there factors 
>> >> that
>> >> cause
>> >> the sequence to gap or cause multiple series of sequences?
>>
>> >> Must all of the lab numbers in the table be unique?
>>
>> >> Under what conditions are the first two digits NOT the decade?
>>
>> >> UpRider
>>
>> >> "coldfire" <emspider0...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> >>news:1183691379.888375.219840@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> >> >I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without
>> >> > being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a
>> >> > download link to the database I am working on.
>>
>> >> >http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html
>>
>> >> > I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like 
>> >> > to
>> >> > do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with 
>> >> > the
>> >> > click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the
>> >> > year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered
>> >> > with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a counter to do this but
>> >> > to no avail. I have exhausted my knowledge of the vb language which 
>> >> > is
>> >> > virtually nothing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> > The first two numbers are always the decade the reason that i don't
>> > just want a field with an unchangeable incremented value is because i
>> > will be entering backlogged cases from 2004-2006, and because some
>> > cases will be duplicates only with a unique record number assigned to
>> > them as they are supplements to the original.
>> > The numbers will be seperate sequences for each year.
>
> will incrementing with a primary key allow records to be entered non
> sequentially and still maintain a sequential numbering in the table?
> 


0
UpRider
7/7/2007 8:09:34 PM
How about this, you input the year and computer appends next unused number 
for sequence.  I understand that you don't set the rules, just try to write 
the code to implement.  Look at below for one solution.  Have system prompt 
for the year and then assign the last number from the table for that year + 
1.  Increment with add one to last number.  Problem is you must query data 
to determine last number used for that year so depending on number of 
records it might take a minute or two.  If this will work what is the 
highest number you expect to have after the - ?.  Data base purists will not 
understand this but working for the government I realize that many programs 
still find their roots in 80 column punch cards and until those dudes retire 
your stuck with a key that must satisfy those folks.

"coldfire" <emspider0907@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1183691379.888375.219840@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without
> being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a
> download link to the database I am working on.
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html
>
> I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to
> do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the
> click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the
> year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered
> with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a counter to do this but
> to no avail. I have exhausted my knowledge of the vb language which is
> virtually nothing any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> 


0
Pete
7/8/2007 2:10:04 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

SBS2003 + Internet Explorer
We have a customer who has an SBS 2003 Premium server with ISA 2004 They have just installed a bolt on to Outlook which searches their mailboxes or something. They have discovered that they cannot get this to work unless the untick the 'Use automatic configuration script' in Internet Explorer. Trouble is each time they re-boot a PC the tick comes back, so sounds like it's a policy setting somewhere. What is this ? Where is it configured and what are the implications of turning it off ? Could it be that rather than turn it off whatever it is ought to be con...

Number format #3
Ah, works perfectly. Thanks -- carg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- carg1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1527 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27578 ...

Outlook's Restore Down Button
I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows 7 and dual monitors. I normally click on the restore down button so that I can stretch outllook over the two monitors. All of a sudden I am experiencing a problem. When clicking on the restore down button, the only thing that is shown is a title bar, i.e., "Inbox - Microsoft Outlook". The bar can be resized horizontially, but not vertically. None of the information that exists below the title bar can be seen. When I hit maximize then everything reappears, however Outlook is only shown on the one monitor. When clicking on resto...

Lookup a range of numbers
Hi, I have a table as follows: (Speed) (Dist) 64k 128k 256k 5 1000 1200 1500 10 1600 1700 1800 15 2000 2100 2200 I'd like to have a formula whereby if I key in a Distance of 4 and a speed of 256k, the active cell will show "1500". I tried to use sumproduct but seems like sumproduct can only be used if the Dist is exactly "5", "10", etc. The only alternative I can think of is to list out ALL the integers for Distance. But, is there an easier way? ...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

From Database to XML
I have a simple database with address information about a member... I must get that information in a xml document on the server, and then read it again, without saving it locally.... This is what database is like: Member - Name - Street - Number - Zipcode - City - Land Can somebody help me out? Thanks Koen I`m one step further than i was.... Now i have all the address information in a DataSet, and all his further information in another DataSet... How can i get those two DataSets in the XML Document?? Can somebody help me come any further?? Dikkuuhh wrote: > I have a simple d...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Combine variable number of columns
I have a single spreadsheet with a list of clients, addresses and their product interests. This table will be used to drive a Mailmerge document. In the document, I want to be able to refer to the products in which they indicated an interest. The problem is that while one client may have identified only one product (one column) others have selected anywhere from two to 170 products - each product is in a separate column. I can join two columns with "&", but when I have an inconsistent number of columns how do I do this efficiently? - I will have to do it for each client, e...

Number to text conversion ......HELP
Dear Friend.. I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into Text EQ. Result = 2,500.00 converting to .....two thousand five hundred.. Thanks Check http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eko Hery" <eko@megaenterprise.com> wrote in message news:BCD8B0CE.1D8%eko@megaenterprise.com... > Dear Friend.. > I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into > Text > > EQ. Result = 2,500.00 con...

Maximum number of characters in a cell
Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 characters? Bill Hi Bill, > Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 > characters? A cell can contain about 32000 characters, but Excel will display only about a 1000 of them (depending on font and fontsize). Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com If you would add some forced (manual) line breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) in your text at opportune locations, you will find that you can *display* much more text. -- HTH, RD ----------------------------------...

Manufacturing BOM Where Used query
Winthin manufacturing there is a where-used inquiry window that will show all BOMs that a given item appears in. You can also expand that view to see what BOMs and item's parent is used in. Some of our BOMs are 10 layers deep. In our environment we need to know which category of finished goods each purchased item is used in. Currently we maintain this manually and store the info in an inventory user-defined field. Over time as the number of our finished goods and purchased parts has increased this has become an unmangeable process. I need to find a way to query the BOM tables a...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

My database has suddenly locked up
Hi My database has suddenly locked up. I keep getting this message when I try to add a new module: The database has been placed in a state by user <name> on machine <name> that prevents it from being opened or locked. (Error 3734) What happened? How do I unlock the thing? Stapes Is the user name and machine in the message you? If so, close you mdb and look in the same directory for an ldb file. If it exists, delete it. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stapes" wrote: > Hi > My database has suddenly locked up. I keep getting this message when I > tr...

How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say)
How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say) appears in a cell. For example, ABC.1.21.31.2 should retun 4. Is there a formula? =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "RH" <RH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75B61958-5352-436D-94F1-DD3D79AAE485@microsoft.com... > How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say) appears in > a cell. > > For example, ABC.1.21.31.2 should retun 4. > > Is there ...

How to prevent the same program from running twice using vc?
Try this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/article.php/c299 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:#gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Checkout Bob's tip on this subject at http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/w32tip7.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > See also my essay on my MVP Tips site. joe On Wed, 8 Sep 2...

Accelerator key problem on custom button
Hi! I added custom menu button with unique accelerator key on it (Map&e). But, accelerator key do not work on it. Is it possible to enable it? Office 2003 (11.8010.6568) If it doesn't work, the most likely explanation is that there is another = visible command with the same accelerator.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Tom...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

Searching for variables in excel database
Hi, I have an excel database ( 10 columns x 1500 rows ) and I want to be able to have a search function on a seperate worksheet. I want the search function to work like the autofilter function, but this way could be more appealling to the eye. Any tips on how to achieve this ??? Thanks -- Gavin77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gavin77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25824 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392161 ...

Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use
Sometimes Entourage 10.1.4 shows the message: "Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use. A Office program is being used by MYNAME. Your installation exceeds..." It's crazy because I'm the only user with OSX (10.3.2) and Office X is installed only on my Mac!!! It seems that it happens when Entourage run scheduled actions (i.e. Send and Receive). Pls help me. Thanx. -- Buz ...

Date & Control Button Focus
I have a form that has the calendar in it and 3 buttons that represent 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift. We input up to 50 forms per day. The forms may be entered the next day. The calendar will always go to todays date because of the code Now() used. How do I make the date stay at the last date that was enetered? How do I make the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift buttons stay at last shift selected after data has been entered? This would allow the data entry person not to have to change date or shift if forms are grouped together. default values -- Hi Bill, "The calendar will always go to t...

MSAccess 2007 database corruption
One of our program which is in all the computers( having different operating system ) has accdb file as backend database. Multiple operations such as saving, deleting, adding etc. are done simoultaneously. During this the database gets corrupted periodically resulting in unrecodnised database format error or records having #ERROR and loss of data. If we compact and repair the database we loose the precious data. The product is developed using microsoft visual basic 6.0 and our development team put in regorous effort in finding out the cause to the problem and hence came out with certa...

Using a value from a cell inside a formula!
Hi! I've got two cells that contain the start and end row of a matrix in sheet. I want to use these row numbers in a =COUNT.IF formula to count th number of specified instances in this matrix. But my problem is this; how can I use the values in the two cell inside the COUNT.IF formula?? I should look something like this; =COUNT.IF(F"cell1":F"cell2";"=argument") As you can see, the column (F) is specified in the formula but the ro number needs to be fetched from cell1 and cell2. Can anyone help me with the correct syntax? Thanks! -M -- marsupilam --...