Use of user's group with W2000

Two things:
1-If no MVP can answer a question, someone should tell the questioner so
he/she can move on.  Frustration is high enough without being ignored.

2-It is grossly unfair that  I can't post questions because I have W2000 and
am limited to Explorer6.  I can't even get to this page.  Microsoft should
not squeeze us out of the loop.   (I borrowed a friend's computer with XP and
explorer7 to write this and to post my unaswered question.)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8e02a132-9c3b-4f2c-b221-78fc25fe515e&dg=microsoft.public.access.formscoding

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:53:02 -0800, gg <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Two things:
>1-If no MVP can answer a question, someone should tell the questioner so
>he/she can move on.  Frustration is high enough without being ignored.

MVP's are volunteers, working from all over the world, on our own variable
schedules. I have no idea whether any of the hundreds of other MVP's - or
other volunteers not yet recognized as MVP's, some just as knowledgable or
more - might or might not know the answer to a question; nor whether that
person has time to be online.

It's possible that your question was not phrased clearly; that you provided
too little or too much (overwhelming) information; that the question simply
has no answer; that the buggy webpage appeared to have posted the message but
didn't; that nobody who happened to see it had the knowledge or the time to
answer. Try rephrasing the question and asking again (perhaps with the keyword
REPOST in the subject line).

If that type of support isn't acceptable, you're welcome to a full refund of
the wages that we receive to post answers... $0.00.

>2-It is grossly unfair that  I can't post questions because I have W2000 and
>am limited to Explorer6.  I can't even get to this page.  Microsoft should
>not squeeze us out of the loop.   (I borrowed a friend's computer with XP and
>explorer7 to write this and to post my unaswered question.)

You're assuming that the Community webpage is the newsgroup. I realize
Microsoft works very hard to convey that impression but it is Not True. I
rarely or never even bring up the webpage; instead, I use Agent (a text-based
NNTP newsreader), linking to the NNTP newsgroups which are the *REAL*
microsoft.public.access forums. The webpage is just a different (inferior in
some ways) newsreader. You can use Outlook Express (in IE5, IE6, IE7, whatever
version you prefer), or a third party newsreader such as Agent
(www.forteinc.com) to connect to the newsgroups.

>----------------
>This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8e02a132-9c3b-4f2c-b221-78fc25fe515e&dg=microsoft.public.access.formscoding

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
1/29/2008 5:19:38 AM
Thanks-I really didn't know how the system worked.  I am surprised that is so
much ad hoc and that no one gets paid, makes me doubly thankful that you and
the other MVP's take the time to answer our often ameteurish questions at all.

I think that the question was phrased ok, but, admittedly I didn't know
about the new word "Ribbon" and said "Toolbar".  Its a tough problem, and it
appears to be one that has been around a while.  Once I learned about Ribbons
vs toolbars, I found quite a few threads on the same subject on other sites.
One suggestion seems to work.

Thanks again and next time I will search more before posting and will never
bitch again!

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:53:02 -0800, gg <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Two things:
> >1-If no MVP can answer a question, someone should tell the questioner so
> >he/she can move on.  Frustration is high enough without being ignored.
>
> MVP's are volunteers, working from all over the world, on our own variable
> schedules. I have no idea whether any of the hundreds of other MVP's - or
> other volunteers not yet recognized as MVP's, some just as knowledgable or
> more - might or might not know the answer to a question; nor whether that
> person has time to be online.
>
> It's possible that your question was not phrased clearly; that you provided
> too little or too much (overwhelming) information; that the question simply
> has no answer; that the buggy webpage appeared to have posted the message but
> didn't; that nobody who happened to see it had the knowledge or the time to
> answer. Try rephrasing the question and asking again (perhaps with the keyword
> REPOST in the subject line).
>
> If that type of support isn't acceptable, you're welcome to a full refund of
> the wages that we receive to post answers... $0.00.
>
> >2-It is grossly unfair that  I can't post questions because I have W2000 and
> >am limited to Explorer6.  I can't even get to this page.  Microsoft should
> >not squeeze us out of the loop.   (I borrowed a friend's computer with XP and
> >explorer7 to write this and to post my unaswered question.)
>
> You're assuming that the Community webpage is the newsgroup. I realize
> Microsoft works very hard to convey that impression but it is Not True. I
> rarely or never even bring up the webpage; instead, I use Agent (a text-based
> NNTP newsreader), linking to the NNTP newsgroups which are the *REAL*
> microsoft.public.access forums. The webpage is just a different (inferior in
> some ways) newsreader. You can use Outlook Express (in IE5, IE6, IE7, whatever
> version you prefer), or a third party newsreader such as Agent
> (www.forteinc.com) to connect to the newsgroups.
>
> >----------------
> >This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> >Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> >link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> >click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> >http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8e02a132-9c3b-4f2c-b221-78fc25fe515e&dg=microsoft.public.access.formscoding
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Using "and" Instead of "or" Operator in Outlook 2002 Rules
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C56B5D.0176CA60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to create a rule that looks for "word1" and "word2" in the = subject line of a new message, and if found, move the message to a = specified folder. When creating the rule, though, the only operator = available for multiple words in the subject line is "or", whereas I want = **both** (not **either**) words present to satisfy the conditions for = executing the move. H...

user mode & kernel mode thread synchronization
What is ther difference between user mode & kernel mode thread synchronization ? when to use mutexes & when to use critical sections ?? Thanks in advance. MK wrote: > What is ther difference between user mode & kernel mode thread > synchronization ? > when to use mutexes & when to use critical sections ?? > > Thanks in advance. > All things kernel mode are off limits to an application program and off topic here. Mutexes and critical sections are for synchronizing threads in user mode (i.e. in application programs). They both perform the same synchron...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

My Outlook is compromised and being Used to Send SPAM
Hi Folks......I recently discovered that my Outlook (2003 SP3) was compromised. I have Symantec AV which scans my mail before sending. Recently it popped up with a scan when I had not send anything. I found nothing in the "Sent Files" folder. Later I got a rejected mail notice which I examined. The headers looked like they came from me, down to the name of my PC. I've seen "spoofed" e-mail data, but this did not look like it was spoofed. Now I'm more aware of the issue and have noticed several other occasions when mail was going out but not something th...

Account Limit Notification to administrator and user #2
I can configure the exchange server so that when a user account is nearing its quota limit an email is sent notifying the user. I need to have the same message go to the administratrator as well. Anybody knows how to do this????? ----------------- R//If you're doing this using mailbox management, you can setup admin notification by populating "administrator" field in server properties | mailbox management tab. R//Bharat had an excellent suggestion, just make sure to leave it on "do nothing" other than generating that report.:p Some users might be pissed to see ma...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

Explorer doesn't use 64x64 icons
Apologies for posting here but I can't find an appropriate forum. Our main application icon is available in 16x16, 32x32 and 64x64 versions. However, when Windows Explorer displays it in Tile or Thumnail view, which should show the 64x64 version, it appears to stretch the 32x32 version. This looks horrible and appears to have scaling artifacts around the edge. The other views look fine. Does anyone know why it does this and how to stop it? Cheers --- Al. You sure its not trying to show 48x48 (which I believe is more 'standard' than 64x64)? "TVR Fan" <nosuch@ad...

write Avi/wmv file using bmp images
How to write Avi/wmv file using bmp images I would think you'd want some sort of authoring package. Do you just want to show them one after another? If so you may be able to use something like: http://whorld.org/temp/BmpToAvi.html But, if you want to do anything fancy you'll want something like Premiere so you can lay out the timeline. Tom "Unknown" <gaurav.samsung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ae3fde3-a48d-4dfd-8bc4-2b609a14fc46@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to write Avi/wmv file using bmp images ...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

Storage limitations on user mailboxes
OK This is part of a two part question. Where does one look or check to see if there are any limitations as far as storage on a individual mailbox or the whole private store? Second is there a limitation as far as how many emails can reside in the users "Inobx" where senders will get a NDR indicating the users mailbox is full. Ive checked ESM\Servers\servername\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store\Properties. I had a user who would get NDR's when "forwarding" messages. I noticed her "Sent" mail had over 2,400 emails so I deleted some and got it down to aro...

How do I set up a way to add up the number of lines used when cal.
I am doing a worksheet. On this chart I want to track the price of an object sold. Along with that I want to add up the number of the objects that have been sold, by just adding up the number sold in a column. Is there a way to do this, beside creating another column and putting a qty in it. It sounds like you want to use =countif() (if each object is singular) If you have quantities, maybe using =sumif() Debra Dalgleish has some nice counting/summing instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html Nixco wrote: >...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

Problem attempting to use "Send To" feature
I have a user who's getting a problem when attempting to use the Send T Mail Recipient (as Attachment) feature of Excel 2000. Sometimes it will generate an "Interface Not Registered" error sometimes Excel will just hang (able to End Task on it). When attempting to use the same feature in Word, the following erro occurs: "Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: "Unspecifie error"." MS Outlook is the default email program, and we're running Exchange McAfee is our virus program. I've ran System File Checker, full Windows Updated her workstat...

Outlook Archive NOT using Modified date
Is there anyway to force Archive to look at sent or received and not consider the modified date to archive items. We put in a new server and migrated all the mail to the new server so now the modified date on all emails has changed to that date. Now everything looks only a couple of months old even email from 2 and 3 years ago. I need to get archive to ignore the modified date. Any way to do this? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engine...

get list of used namespaces
Hi all, I load an xml file into XmlDocument object and would like to get a list of namespaces used in the file. How can I get a list of namespaces used in xml file? Thanks. helpful sql wrote: > I load an xml file into XmlDocument object and would like to get a list > of namespaces used in the file. How can I get a list of namespaces used in > xml file? XPath has a namespace axis for namespace nodes which are in scope for a given element node, here is an example using an XPath expression with SelectNodes to output all namespace nodes (those explictly given and th...

Mailbox for User in trusted NT domain
Hi. Wi habe Ex2k migrated from Ex5.5 and made object replication with ADC. ADC created disabled user accounts for mailboxes with prjimary NT-accounts in a trusted Windows NT - domain. After comnplete replication I uninstalled ADC. How can I manually create accounts in ADS corresponding to new accounts that have been created in the trusted windows NT domain after uninstalling the ADC. I think there must be a way but I could not find out one. Thanks and regards Guenther Ruehmann You should have been running ADMT in conjunction with the ADC so that you could first migrate all of your NT acco...

Exchange mailbox recovery using Exchange DB files
I've shifted my Exchange 2003 machine to a new machine configured it and created all user accounts/mailboxes same as in old Exchange server and everything is working. I've all the Exchange DB files from old machine HDD i.e. .edb, .stm, ..log files as it is. But I don't have any type of backup using backup utility, but I have copy of all old Exchange files. How can I transfer mailboxes/mails from old machine to new one. I already studied Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Guide, and KB article "Offline Backup and Restoration Procedures for Exchange" ...

How to use colmn headings in paramter query
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am not able to locate it if it has. But here is my delima: I need to be able to select the salesperson sales based on the month (1-12) from table 1. I* can create a parameter query, but am not sure hwo to query onlya certain month. table1 ID salesperson 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 joe 12 0 0 2 12 0 1 1 5 7 8 10 2 steve 2 5 6 18 0 0 2 3 4 11 12 1 select * from table1 where salesperson =joe and .... that is where I get stuck. I need to be able to select a column he...

Disabling the open other user's folder feature
We are using Exchange 2003 and have notied that there is a "feature" that allows any user to open another user's folder without having to grant permissions for this. I mean any user can pull over any other user's inbox contents or calendar contents. For us, a financial institution, this is a huge security risk. Even after using an explicit deny permission on a user mailbox we are still able to access the inbox from the denied account. Microsoft has little on their knowledge base about this except to say that, for some insane reason, administrators are denied from ...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Extracting invoice data from GP 9 using a SQL query (ODBC)
I'm working to extract invoice detail information from a client's GP 9 MSSQL database, with the goal of being able to mock up their invoices in external systems. Just to keep things interesting, they aren't using GP to it's maximum ability - quotes are generated from another software package, and when converted to a sale, minimal data is entered into GP and processed (such as shipping address, job name, job number, PO number, and occasionally a line it of what appears to be free-form text. I have hard copies of several invoices, various web resources, and access to t...

Log users if they reach their mailbox limits
We use Exchange 2003. If a user hit their mail box limit and if the 3 tick boxes are ticked. For example the "issue warning at" and "prohibit send at" and "prohibit send and receive at" areally selected for the users mailbox then it will generate an Event ID 8528 on the Exchange server. But if only the "issue warning at" and "prohibit send at" and NOT the "prohibit send and receive at" are selected and the user has reached their limit nothing is logged. Hope you can advise... In news:E72DD479-69F9-4A26-8688-3681C17A33D2@m...

Can I use the 'Back' & 'Forward' navigation buttons on my mouse?
I plan on using a wireless mouse to control a presentation slideshow. I will leave the mouse pointer itself on the preview screen and may need to click there, so I would like to use the mouse's special web-navigation buttons ('Back' and 'Forward') to control the slideshow forward and backward. Is this possible, as it would seem a very simple and useful option given that so many mice and keyboards now feature these extra hardware keys/buttons? Of course I could use the scroll-wheel, but it's easy to overshoot... Thanks for any help, Andre Hi, Ye...

Pivot Table: �Cannot Group That Selection� error
I have a data entry sheet with a column titled �Start Date�. This colum contains only dates. I have a Pivot Table based on the data entry sheet. In the Pivot Tabl �Start Date� is a Column Field. Start Date is also used as the dat field (Count of Start Date). I clicked on the �Start Date� In the Column Filed area and selecte Grouping by Month & Year. While I was developing the spreadsheet, I used some arbitrary dates i the Start Date column, and the grouping worked fine. Then I brought i a column of dates from the �real� data entry sheet, and now th grouping is not functional (�Cannot...

ALL group
what could cause this? Someone sent an email addressed to the Distribution Group 'ALL'. One of the users that is in that group (I verified it) did not get that email. And, he says he never gets emails to ALL. I did a trace, and sure enough, he didn't get the last email sent to ALL. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks, John Remove the user from the group, wait a while, then add back in. "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e$vmMBD6EHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > what could cause this? Someone sent an email addressed to the > Distri...