use a value in a text control to goto a record on a nested subform

I want to be able to double-click a text control called [Joiner_Title_ID] on
my 'departure' form and use the value in that control to find a matching
record on a 2nd tier nested subform.

My Mainform is called: 'frm_Runs'
My 1st 'target' Subform is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Main'
My nested target Subform2 is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Sub'
My nested target conrol on Subform2 is called: [Joiner_Title_ID]

My departure form is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Matches'
My departure conrol is called: [Joiner_Title_ID]

I know how to set an event, but am not sure about the required code/syntax...

I don't think you need any codes  Are the forms linked child master.  If so
use a goto on the main form and set focus to the 2nd sub then the control

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"efandango" wrote:

> I want to be able to double-click a text control called [Joiner_Title_ID] on
> my 'departure' form and use the value in that control to find a matching
> record on a 2nd tier nested subform.
>

> My Mainform is called: 'frm_Runs'
> My 1st 'target' Subform is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Main'
> My nested target Subform2 is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Sub'
> My nested target conrol on Subform2 is called: [Joiner_Title_ID]
>
> My departure form is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Matches'
> My departure conrol is called: [Joiner_Title_ID]
>
> I know how to set an event, but am not sure about the required code/syntax...

No, the departure form is seperate from the nested subform. The departure
form has the control that I want to click and it also has the record number
reference for the Destination form control that I want to set the focus to.

"Wayne-I-M" wrote:

> I don't think you need any codes  Are the forms linked child master.  If so
> use a goto on the main form and set focus to the 2nd sub then the control
>

> --
> Wayne
> Manchester, England.
>

> "efandango" wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to double-click a text control called [Joiner_Title_ID] on
> > my 'departure' form and use the value in that control to find a matching
> > record on a 2nd tier nested subform.
> >

> > My Mainform is called: 'frm_Runs'
> > My 1st 'target' Subform is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Main'
> > My nested target Subform2 is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Sub'
> > My nested target conrol on Subform2 is called: [Joiner_Title_ID]
> >
> > My departure form is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Matches'
> > My departure conrol is called: [Joiner_Title_ID]
> >
> > I know how to set an event, but am not sure about the required code/syntax...

Keeping the focus on record being displayed
I'm trying to work up a set of actions in a macro that will send a message to users of a form about something they need to do before moving to another record; the macro is displaying the necessary message box and is attached tothe On Current property of the form. I can do everything I need to except the fairly crucial bit of keeping the current record and not moving to another record. I think I must be being dense, but would appreciate any help, including pointing me to the right bit of an existing question here (I just couldn't find one...). Thanks in advance! Run your checks ...

remove records from a list
i have a large list of records(10000+)in excel 2000 and have many duplicate records does anybody know a method of removing only the unique records from the list leaving the duplicates many thanks darren Use Advanced Filter See this webpage for a example http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Darren" <darren_omalley@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:174501c372fa$c559c110$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i have a large list of records(10000+)in excel 2000 and > have many duplicate re...

How do you stop text size increasing in email replies?
I am a new Outlook user and finding it rather frustrating that every time I reply to an email and whenever the recipient responds to me, the text size in each email going back in the email trail gets larger and larger. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? ...

How to used HOOK in OutLook Express
Hello All : I want to use hook control .When outlook express received new mail and remove the new eamil to myself mailbox . PS:Use C++ or HOOK .(not outlook express rule) Thanks Stiwin Lee ...

Nested schemas
I have a schema that references a child schema via a "xs:import" node. In that child schema it references several other grand children schemas. Is there an object in the VS 2K5 suite which will allow me to consolidate all the nested schemas into one giant schema? I've tried using the XmlSchemaSet object, but I cannot find a way to serialize the compile schema. I'd appreciate any help or advice. If you are using <xs:import>, these schemas are in different namespaces. You can only have one namespace per file. So unless you want to remove/merge namespaces, you cannot...

Changing Resource and fields on a subform
I have a subform with fields on it that are present when i first open the form. But when I click on a status button, I'd like the subform to change the fields that are present. For instance when i first open the fields are formid, lastname, firstname, subject, date, range But when i click on formstatus button, i'd like the fields to show: formid, subject, range, product I know how to use recordsource to change the recordsource, but then the fields that I am not using show up as #name? How do I get the subform to change field names so that the fields I am not using, doesn't show ...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

Using the "IF" function?
I setup a worksheet like below A B 1 Jan 123 2 Feb 543 3 Mar 654 4 Apr 456 5 May 645 6 Jun 543 7 Jul 0 8 Aug 0 9 Sep 0 10 Oct 0 11 Nov 0 12 Dec 0 13 When the end of the month, the user will enter some value in the B column, And now I would to setup a formula at A13, if the user enter the value in the B7, then the A13 will show Jul, when the user carry on to enter the value in the B8, then the A13 will change to show Aug, is it possible to setup a if formula or other formula rather than use the macro to doing this? Many Thanks. Ruff Try this: =INDEX...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Highlighting Updated Records
Hi I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please with a problem I have with a db I'm working on. I have a subform with approx 15 fields on it where on any given day can have their data amended, added or deleted. What I would like to do is to capture which records have been amended in a report within a given month. I know how to show which records have been updated by adding another field to the table which has a date stamp but my problem is as follows: I would like to actually show the individual fields which have been updated, rather than the whole record. Now I ha...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

Text-wrapping horizontal axis labels
Hi, I've a small problem which I can't seem to find a solution for - I have created a set of financial reports for a client, which includes a number of charts. The charts are waterfall charts, which I've constructed using a form of stacked bar chart. The labels for the horizontal axis are linked to text alongside the calculations for the charts. The text in the labels is of varying lengths and for some of the charts, this text is being wrapped to two layers on the label that appear on the chart. Every now and then, one of the labels is too long, and instead of ...

Parse Nested Elements to Single DataGrid
I have been losing my mind trying to parse an XML document (with nested child elements, not all of which appear in each parent node) into a DataGrid object. What I want to do is "flatten" the XML document into a text document with a single row for each parent node (that has all of the values from all of the child nodes for that row) The DataView within VS 2005 IDE displays my 15 or so child tables - and knows that some parent rows don't have child rows in every relation - but trying to get all the child tables to go with the correct parent row programmatically is killin...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

Bluetooth: After pair without using a code, CreateFile asks for co
I am trying to use a Bluetooth device in Vista Home Premium. The device does not have a pairing code or any way to enter one. I use "Add Wireless device" in the Bluetooth Devices control panel. My device is found and I choose "pair without using a code". The device pairs OK and its properties show under Services, Serial port ( SPP) 'AT Serial' COM4 But when I call CreateFile to open COM4, Vista shows a "click here" box informing me that a device is trying to connect. When I click the box, I get a dialog asking for the pairing code. How ca...

How to record the audio which playback by another program.
Hi,every one. I'm doing a work ,which need record the audio playbacked by other program ( winamp,realone e.g.). By the way,can't I could record from mic if other program is used. Thanks. If you have a good idea tell me please! Have a good job! You can use some utility like AllSoundRecorder or so on .. They directly pick up the sound which goes through the soundcard of your pc and save it in mp3, wav or some format .. but buddy, you have posted the question in the wrong group.... "BlueCrystal" <cxzh9888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235wCyxxyFHA.2424...

How goto last record on a Grid
Hi How can I go to the last record in a grid. The function for jumping to the first is exsiting but whatbout juping to the last record? Thank's Michel It's not possible. You can click on a column heading to change the sort order and that will display the last record as the first entry in the grid, but I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ----------------------...

Most logical value
I would like to know if there is a method of determining "the most logical" value in a table. These are some data that I put in the table below. These numbers are obtained from some dedicated software to compute the influence of an investment on some projects. I would like to fill in the gaps myself. I can add the data from column 10 en 20 and divide it by 2 to compute the value for column 15, but is there a better method? investment year 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 2005 72,8 72,8 72,8 72,8 72,8 72,8 72,8 2006 79,4 76,7 71,5 60,9 50,3 2007 92,3 87,4 76,9 55,6 33,5 2008 108,6 102,3 8...

Show which cell has MAX, MIN values?
At the bottom of a couple thousand rows of data, I have =MAX and =MIN formulas. Is there some way I could make the cells beneath my MAX and MIN formulas show me the address of which cell has the displayed MAX or MIN value? At least the row number? Ed Ed, To return the row =MATCH(cell with Max or Min value,range starting in row 1,false) or to return the address, say, in Cell N3000, for a value given in N2999 =ADDRESS(MATCH(N2999,N1:NN2998,FALSE),COLUMN(N1)) or to return other matching information, like a name in column A =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(N2999,N1:NN2998,FALSE)) HTH, Bernie MS E...

Default numeric value
I am creating a spreadsheet dealing with dollars. There are several formulas that I have created using percentages. One particular formula multiplies a percent in one cell by the $ value in another. If I have no $ value in the cell the formula uses a '1' instead of what I would expect '0'. How can I set up my sheet so that if a cell is blank the default value will be '0'? Would help to see your formula, but: =if(isblank(a1),"",a1*b1) ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "thomson" <thomson@discussions.microsof...

Surpressing rows and columns with zero values in a pivot table
Let's say I want a report showing the number of times that my employees, grouped in offices, markets and regions, makes a particular kind of error. At the end of the month, I'd like to create a pivot table that says, "This office had this number of errors of this type." I can create a pivot table that does that, but it includes all the employees that have zero errors, making the report unwieldy. How can I format the pivot table to hide any row or column that has no value in it? Your issue is that it has a value. Something adding up to zero is just as va...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...