Update subform field

Please bear with me as I try to explain what I need.

I have a database that is used for tracking employee contributions to a
non-taxable medical reimbursement plan.  I currently have frmContributions
which is used to view yearly employee contributions.  Form fields are:
EmployeeID, EmployeeName, YearlyContribution.  On this form I also have a
subform which will be used to track withdrawls from the account.  The subform
fields are EmployeeID, StartAmt, Request, Paid, and Remaining.  I need the
first record in this subform to list StartAmt as the YearlyContribution
amount (from the parent form).  I need Paid to be calculated so that as long
as the Request is not larger than the StartAmt, the total requested amount is
Paid.  If the Request amount is larger than the StartAmt, then the StartAmt
is the actual amount Paid.  The field Remaining would then calculated based
on StartAmt - Paid.  On top of this, I need the next record to show the
StartAmt as the same amount as Remaining on the previous record.

Any ideas on where to start would be appreciated

Update:  I've got the first part of this figured out, that is how to get the
fields to update.  Except for one little problem.  I want the very first
record to show the YearlyContribution as the StartAmt (I've got that
working), but every record thereafter needs to show the previous record's
Remaining amount in the StartAmt field.  Right now, it's still defaulting to

"Tara" wrote:

> Please bear with me as I try to explain what I need.
>
> I have a database that is used for tracking employee contributions to a
> non-taxable medical reimbursement plan.  I currently have frmContributions
> which is used to view yearly employee contributions.  Form fields are:
> EmployeeID, EmployeeName, YearlyContribution.  On this form I also have a
> subform which will be used to track withdrawls from the account.  The subform
> fields are EmployeeID, StartAmt, Request, Paid, and Remaining.  I need the
> first record in this subform to list StartAmt as the YearlyContribution
> amount (from the parent form).  I need Paid to be calculated so that as long
> as the Request is not larger than the StartAmt, the total requested amount is
> Paid.  If the Request amount is larger than the StartAmt, then the StartAmt
> is the actual amount Paid.  The field Remaining would then calculated based
> on StartAmt - Paid.  On top of this, I need the next record to show the
> StartAmt as the same amount as Remaining on the previous record.
>
> Any ideas on where to start would be appreciated

Splitting Date and time field
Hello I have a general date field which stores both date and time. Is there a way I can split the two for a query? Many thanks Use the DateValue and TimeValue functions. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Hicksy" <Hicksy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74942CE3-7829-44FD-A0A1-B603069BF5B0@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I have a general date field which stores both date and time. > Is there a way I can split the two for a query? > > Many thanks > Could you explain how as i have tried...

Notes attached to fields
We should have a 'pop-up' option for notes that are attached to records. If when the note is entered you check yes to pop-up, then every time the record is entered either the note should open in a pop-up window, or a standard pop-up window indicating there is a note should appear to alert users. The theory that everyone will notice teh note field is darker with black lines appears to be faulty. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" but...

Fixed Asset IM import ADO Field is Nothing message
I've setup a new Integration Manager routine (v 10) to Fixed Assets Book. When running the integration the error log states 'ERROR: ADO Field is Nothing'. First, I have successfully used IM to integrate Fixed Assets General Information, so I know that it works with my implementation. DTC is setup and the eConnect IM worked then. It is hooking into an Excel spreadsheet (xls version). I can see the source information (column definitions). I've got the database connection setup. Knowledge base comes up with no articles. Thanks in advance! Hi DD I've had that...

Dataset>XML>SQLText field>XML>Dataset
I must be doing something obvious wrong here, but: I perform a query to retrieve a dataset - I want to archive this in a SQL field for seperate retrieval later, while the original data may have moved on - so I write it to a string of XML using ds.GetXML(). I then write that string to the DB, into 1 'text' type field. (I know the data will never get over a certain size) Later I read that field and retrieve the data as a string and attempt to simply perfrom a ds.ReadXML(xmlstr). & this errors. Upon examining the resultant XML I find the XML retrieved invariably has <newdatase...

Technical reasons not to insert or update records in CRM SQL?
Hello, My boss is convinced that the best (read fastest) way for us to update values in CRM from an external application is to edit CRM SQL directly. I agree that this sounds tempting, but I feel it might come back to bite us. So, I have these questions: 1. Besides losing MS support, and upgrade/hotfix issues, what are some _technical_ reasons not to insert or update records in CRM SQL? What things could it break? 2. Besides using Data Migration Framework for a one-time import, assuming one understands the schema, what is the possible harm in just inserting records directly into C...

Update Page During Hyperlink
Is there a way to update a page while doing a hyperlink? I have a page that depending on what the value is on page one (with the hyperlink) page two either hides or shows certain rows. If I switch pages choosing sheet tabs it works perfect. When I use a hyperlink the page does not update. Thanks to anyone who can help. Dave --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Not exactly sure this is what you're after but this code will fire if you click on a hyperlink in Sheet1 (go to sheet2). rightclick on tab of sheet1 and goto view code - paste. jeff Private Sub Worksheet_...

Criteria in a calculated query field
Hi, I have the below formula in the query field and run fine. Expiration: (([shelf Life (Months)]/12*365)+[Date]) But when I write the criteria below and not not get the data I want Between [enter start date] And [enter end date] Example: when I run just the formula I get for example dates in April 2010. But when I use the criteria and ask for data between 04/01/10 and 04/30/10 I get blank results. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help. Rubem On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:09:01 -0700, Rubem <Rubem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >...

Unable to Change Case in Org Chart in Field
We are currently moving our org charts into Visio and are new to the program; we have imported an Excel table into Visio 2003 (11.3216.5703) using the Org Chart Wizard. We are able to apply initial caps to all fields except for field 2. Does anyone know what causes this and a way to workaround it? We do not want to have our data entry person have to retype the data in the format we require. Thanks in advance, Allison Orange Systems Project Consultant Florida Public Service Commission aorange@psc.state.fl.us I'm not sure what you mean by field 2. What steps are you taking to apply ...

Subform-Query Problems
I have read thru many other threads to try and find a solution to my problem but to no avail. My issue: I have two tables that I am trying to link so that my 2d table data can be used as a subform on the main form for which all the data on the 1st table is stored. What I am trying to do with the subform is to have a datasheet that shows the date of visit..type of 8823 issued..etc but to correspond to the PROJECT for which the visit is for in the Main Form. I get the message below.. I have tried to change my query and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have Project Name as my Primar...

Vista Ultimate x64 updates, disable my wireless
Thanks in advance for help. Lately every time I download an update from windows update, I have to restore to the previous point before the update. I said lately because the last 4 or 5 times I been updated my windows, after that I have problems with my wireless, and the only way to make works again is restore to the previous point. I hope this is not hard to fix. Thanks again, Willie For those who wish to help you I'd advise you to post which update is causing the problem <KB #>. If you're not sure download and install them 1 at a time. -- "Don&...

discontinuation of updates
I was wondering when the updates for Money 2005 Deluxe would stop. I still get stock updates, but the currency rates do not appear to update anymore. ...

Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB970895) 11-23-09
I am unable to download or install this update; Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB970895). The error message is (733F, unknown error). Tried to reinstall, restarting then tried again, no go. Thanks in advance. Model: HP HDX-HP X16-1044nr 64 Bit System Vista (cross-post added to SQL Setup) "CBear" <CBear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8106DA8D-1AE6-4AB6-8402-7F3C3C4F32DE@microsoft.com... >I am unable to download or install this update; Security Update for SQL > Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB970895). > The er...

VBA - Focus on field
Hi! I have writen some VBA code on the Payables Transaction Entry window, to change the focus onto the BATCH ID field, as soon as an existing transactions has been selected. The problem I am having is tha sometimes when the BAtch ID field gets the focus, its value doesnt get fully highlighted, just a portion of it, then if the users need to change the value it wiil need to double click on the field (or select the text). I have noticed that this happens when I select my first transaction with a bacth ID= 1234 (this value gets highlighted fine), then I select a second tran...

Updating the user interface in a dialog box
I have a main window which has a menu command which creates a dialog box.The dialog box has another menu of its own and a toolbar with corresponding command IDs. The problem is that the program doesnt enter the OnUpdateCmd() fn only, though the OnCmd() fns work fine. And can anyone tell me how to check the menu item when the corresponding toolbar button is clicked, and to push the toolbar button when the menu item is selected. I have tried using pCmdUI->SetCheck() fn as well.PLZ help. "Vivek" <vivomagic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b790e5d4.0406032116.7caa1ea0@post...

Track in CRM
Hi All, If I receive an email in Outlook that has been sent to me because my email address is in the BCC field and I click on "Track in CRM", it doesn't appear in My assigned queue. Is this by design? You can find it by using Advance Find from within CRM. Is there a way I can make these emails appear? Thanks MarkB See Advance Find and check that. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "MarkB" wrote: > Hi All, > > If I receive an email in O...

'From' field shows current profile
Hi, I want to create post items programatically, I have used extended Mapi to modify the sender name, sender email and date properties. but still when I double click on the FORM field, its displaying me my name and email instead of showing the Sender name and Sender Email any help on this ? thanks Riyaz riyaz <riyaz@riyaz.com> wrote: > I want to create post items programatically, I have used extended > Mapi to modify the sender name, sender email and date properties. but > still when I double click on the FORM field, its displaying me my > name and email instead of...

KB 824282 update causes IS to fail
Has anyone had problems using the update from KB 824282? I teach an Exchange class and consistently find that this update causes the IS and MTA services to no longer run. This is an eval copy of Exchange, however all other patches to the server and to Exchange have been applied. The error reports a problem with REAPI.DLL. Thanks ...

online quotes update crash-fixed.
Running WIN 98SE and Money 03 Delux. Have run update 4 days in a row with no crash, a record for past month. Seems problem is in VM/C++ library. Get new one as follows.. Go to Google and search for msvcrt.dll Third item down is number 190536 Page fault. Click it. Under resolution is number 197298 Info .... Click it. On this page under "where do I get libraries update" Click the link. Now you have the typical download page and just follow instructions. They say you dont have to shut down and re-boot but I would. The install is very fast and it does not confirm the install w...

DLookup Method with subform
I am performing a valdidation rule on a field on a subform in the form of: DLookup("[Invoice #]","Query1","[amt] = &" Form.subform.control) This is with Access 97. What is the syntax to refer to the control on the subform when using DLookup? Thanks, -- BT Forms!Myform.MySUBForm.Form.Mycontrol "BobT" wrote: > I am performing a valdidation rule on a field on a subform in the form of: > > DLookup("[Invoice #]","Query1","[amt] = &" Form.subform.control) > > This is with Access 97. What is the ...

I need to have my graph automatically update...
I have a workbook with about 10 different sheets. Each sheet is linked to a main stats sheet. From there, an average for each stat is calculated. From the averaged calculation I have created a pie chart. What I want to do is have the pie chart update everytime I update one of the 10 data pages. Unfortuntately, the program only suggests that I write the new value in the specific cell that is used in the pie chart, then press "enter." If I do that, I lose the formula that has it update automatically. Is my request even possible???!!!! Any and all suggestions will be greatly ap...

Field Codes
I'm doing a calculation in a word document using field codes (office 2007) but I'm trying to represent the result in Hex. Although I am able to do the caluclation I want to if the result is bigger than 16 bits (65535) then when I try to display as Hex the field code says this is an error "Number cannot be represented in specified format". Does anyone know if it's possible to display a Hex number in a field code bigger than 16 bits ? hi duub1970, You may need to split the source value into two (or more parts), using INT and MOD functions (presumably using ...

Updating A Chart ?
Hello, New user to Excel 2007. Wow ! Should have stayed with my really old version, which i had no trouble with. Let me please ask a very general question. No specific example, just in general. I have noticed that "sometimes" when I change the data around, like move items, or delete a bunch of blank lines, the Chart that is linked to it and has been very nicely updating itself from the data does not do so. Again, it seems "sometimes" is appropriate. Is there a chart-refresh command anywhere that tells it to grab or update itself on the basis of a changed column, or...

Slipstreaming Post XP-SP-3 Critical/Important Updates
Is there a way to get all of the Critical/Important Updates since the release of XP-SP-3 for slipstreaming? Updateing after installation is very time consuming and, it seems, dangerous accessing the internet without those updates. -- Thanks! Tengu wrote: > Is there a way to get all of the Critical/Important Updates since > the release of XP-SP-3 for slipstreaming? > Updateing after installation is very time consuming and, it seems, > dangerous accessing the internet without those updates. All? Not really. Most? Yes. Just like you slipstream/integrate the servic...

get a result of an sql statement in a field ?
Hi there I have an Excel sheet with many lines of data. I would like to know if there is a possibilty to create a field which will execute an sql-statment on an MSsql Database and will return the result. Some thing like (select name from address where uid=$B5) Thanks in advance for any help Ralf I found out that the statement sql.request should do it. But where can I find the addin for Excel 2003 Thanks in advance Ralf "Ralf Meuser" <rmeuser@free.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:40c85d65$0$26917$626a14ce@news.free.fr... > Hi there > > I have an Excel she...

display fields based on a count
Hi all I have unbound fields on a form to capture dates entered by the user, the field [PlannedDays] holds the number of relevant days. The fields are named Date2, Date3.... to Date11. Is it possible to only display the correct amount of date fields based on the value in [PlannedDays]? eg if [PlannedDays]=3 then only date fields [Date2], [Date3] and Date4] should be visible for input on the form? I will then need to add these dates via code to a table called [ItineraryDates] field [ReviewDates] (one record per date). Thanks... Sue hi Sue, On 20.04.2010 11:56, Sue ...