unhide multiple text boxes at a time after pressing a command button

I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button.

Something like this:

 ___________
| ADD TASK  |

then a text box becomes visible

________________________
|________________________|

and repeat up to six times

So far all I have been able to do is to get one text box to show

can any one help plz.

Mike

mjquinon

mjquinon via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button.
>
>Something like this:
>
> ___________
>| ADD TASK  |
>
>then a text box becomes visible
>
>________________________
>|                                          |
>|________________________|
>
>and repeat up to six times
>
>So far all I have been able to do is to get one text box to show

Whoa!  This sounds like an unnormalized table.  You should
probably have a separate table for the task data and using a
continuous (or datasheet) subform to display/enter the task
data (no command button needed).

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>>
>>So far all I have been able to do is to get one text box to show
>
>Whoa!  This sounds like an unnormalized table.  You should
>probably have a separate table for the task data and using a
>continuous (or datasheet) subform to display/enter the task
>data (no command button needed).

mjquinon
6/11/2007 3:14:50 PM
mjquinon via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>I'm sry i am new at this so How is it that this subform is created?
>
>Marshall Barton wrote:
>>>I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button.
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>>>
>>>So far all I have been able to do is to get one text box to show
>>
>>Whoa!  This sounds like an unnormalized table.  You should
>>probably have a separate table for the task data and using a
>>continuous (or datasheet) subform to display/enter the task
>>data (no command button needed).

The really important point here is to get the tables
designed according to the (first three) rules of relational
database normalization.  Once you have the task data in a
separate table with a foreign key to connect to the project
table, just create a form based on the tasks table.  Then
you can drag and drop this new form onto your existing form.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Text in a filled text box not printing on PS printers
I am having problems printing Word 2007 documents to PostScript printers. the problem has been reproduced on different computers. the problem seems to be fixed in Office 2010. On any page in Word with a transparent image or an image with a drop shadow, text in any text box with a color-fill background does not print correctly. The text appears correct on screen and in print preview and prints correctly to a non-PS printer. The problem can be reproduced as follows: 1. Create a new image in MS Paint, save the image as a .jpg. 2. Create a new Word document, insert the new .jpg...

Time calculation with now()
I am trying to create a train schedule that compares the departing time of the train with the system time. I've tried subtracting the column containing the time a train departs from the now() column (which I thought read the system time) from but the times I receive do not make sense. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ time is part of a day so try =(a1-b1)*24 "dfeder" <dfeder.u9...

Time tracking in CRM
I see where lots of folks have asked this question, but I still can't find the answer. Outside of building a contract for each customer (not all customers have contracts, i.e. time and materials), how do we track time in CRM so that we can bill our customers? Hi, in CRM there is no a Time & Material Tracking. Whe have developed an external aplication to do that. Lorenzo Soncini "Leah" <lfunderburk@sdinetworks.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1153345924.985071.117380@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I see where lots of folks have asked this question, but I sti...

How to Enter Same Text in 1000s of Fields
I have a an Access 2003 db of 11,000+ records. Each record has a field named Product Type. The field is now blank and I would like to enter the phrase audio books into each field. Can I do this with a query? How? You could use an update query with a SQL view like: UPDATE [an Access 2003 db of 11,000+ records] SET [Product Type]="audio books"; -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "lbohen" wrote: > I have a an Access 2003 db of 11,000+ records. Each record has a field named > Product Type. The field is now blank and I would like to enter the phrase > audio...

list boxes #3
Want to set a drop down box that does not repeat the same value despite that value appearing in the list more than once. Then once a selection is made from the 1st drop down list, the second drop down box selection criteria changes. ie. table a follows: list 1 list2 commodities oil commodities plastics FX options FX spot FX longcall 1st list would have 2 options: commodities, FX - not repeated. User selects "commodities". Then 2nd drop down list automatically ch...

Conditional Formatting with Text
Hei gurus, How can I tell CF to turn a cell green if the cells contain text "great" and red if the cells contain "unacceptable??" TX a great deal cell value>="great">format>patterns (choose green) add cell value>="great">format>patterns (choose red) >-----Original Message----- >Hei gurus, > >How can I tell CF to turn a cell green if the cells >contain text "great" and red if the cells >contain "unacceptable??" > >TX a great deal >. > Select the range of cells Format > Co...

Numerical entry for list boxes on a user form
I have a user form with 3 text boxes that inputs information onto a worksheet. What code do I need to make sure the textboxes only accept numerical entry. ie I only want a user to enter numbers, not letters ....and would I put the code inbetween this section: - Private Sub TextBox2_Change() End Sub TIA See reply from Nicke to your question in .programming, and don't multipost. -- HTH RP "Anthony Slater" <AnthonySlater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A87CD04E-5B58-46C4-B936-6B0433FCE8A6@microsoft.com... > I have a user form with 3 text boxes t...

Charting multiple multiples

How to move text from Row to Column
How can I move text that are in rows to columns -- soddydj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ soddydj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25714 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392163 Hightlight the cells in the row and copy. Select the destination cell and Paste>Special and choose Transpose. Click OK Does this work for you? Bruce -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

Return multiple lines for each record
OK, I'm hoping I'll describe this right, but bear with me. I have a table of values I need to generate a list from. This list will have 2 or three lines per record. As an example, here is the table layout User, Score, Transaction, StartDate, EndDate, Pct, Comment I need a query that will output as follows Line1: Comment1 Line2: Score1, User1, StartDate1, EndDate1, Pct1 Line3: Comment2 Line4: Score2, User2, StartDate2, EndDate2, Pct2 etc. etc. Basically, a query that will allow me to generate a flat file with 2 lines per record. I know this doesn't make sense as to why I wo...

Cells formatted for general and text show scientific format
I am working on an Amazon.com shipping confirmation upload. The workbook is downloaded from amazon.com. When I enter the Order Item ID number which is 14 characters, it displays in scientific format. I have tried general, number and text formats. Number format works if there is no leading zero but general and text do not. - Are you formatting the column for Order Item ID number before entering the data? That should solve the problem. - If you are formatting after entering the data, selecting F2 (Edit) in a cell will then put that cell into the correct text format (except for leedi...

Adding text to an IF statement effeciently
I have the following code in a cell on Sheet A: =IF(E41>H41,"Rock on, Man! You are EXCEEDING your Stretch goal for the month!",IF(E41>=H41,"Nice work! You are meeting your stretch goal for the month!",IF(E41>=G41,"Great work. You are meeting your Target goal.",IF(E41>=F41,"You are meeting Threshold. Which is the bare minimum.",IF(E41<F41,"Um... so yeah... you might want to do some work, Dude."))))) What I would like to do is assign each quote to a variable on Sheet B like such: exceed = "Rock on, Man! ...

sorting number with multiple minus signs.....
We try to sort a list with partnumbers. This list includes partnumbers starting with a minus sign and including an extra minus signs (like -12930-03), numbers not starting with a minussign but including multiple minussigns (like 15-6064-10) and "normal" numbers with numbers or characters. We want all numbers starting with a minussign to appear on top. But when we try to sort them, the partnumber starting with 0... are on top of the list and the ones with z... are at the bottom. When we format the cells as number, the partnumbers are sorted with -... on top and z... at the b...

How to Only download 100 messages at a time?
Thunderbird has this option, as well as eudora, where is it in outlook? I have 2000 messages, and I want to train my spam filter before I download all of them: http://www.openfieldsoftware.com/ Johhny Blogger <Johhny.Blogger@gmail.com> wrote: > Thunderbird has this option, as well as eudora, where is it in > outlook? I don't believe Outlook has the ability to specify that. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > Johhny Blogger <Johhny.Blogger@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Thunderbird has this option, as well as eudora, where is it in > > outlook? >...

Filter combo box based on another unrelated combo box
Any help would be appreciated. I have a form that has two combo boxes one being Service Type and one being Assign Employee. The Service Type combo box is called CategoryID and the Assign Employee combo box is called EmplID. The combo boxes are unrelated but I would like to filter/limit available employees based on service type. Example - Service Type = Mowing (CategoryID=23), the Assign Employee combo box row source has (EmplID=100) and also has a field called CrewLead which is a Yes/No field. If Service Type = CategoryID of 23 then only list employees where CewLead =True,...

email to multiple contacts
I want to send an email template to a number of contacts. How can I mask the fact that I'm sending it to multiple contacts? If I enter all the info in the to: area, all contacts can see each other. Create an email template and use the "Send Direct E-mail" action in the grids. It will send an individual e-mail to each recipient. Jason Hunt Invoke Systems This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "wags" <wags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C601631-3BB1-45BA-9626-9391E4C3137F@microsoft.com....

Representing times in excel without dates
Excel experts I need your help!! I am using Office XP excel and am trying to represent time in the format: AM/PM without seconds. When I put in the time [I have the cell number format set to time/"1:30PM"/Locale is English (United States)], it comes up with the date preceding the time. I have tried varying settings of time but they all come up with the date. So if I try to put in 1:00PM it would represent this as a date and leave the rest of the time as 12am. I am doing a time sheet that subtracts the hours from between two times and then adds the differences up. I want it to ...

how do I create a box-plot (or whisker plot ) graph?
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#BoxWhisker - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ raal wrote: ...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

Combo box filter
I have the following code on the OnClick event of a command button on a Form to restrict the results of a report. Private Sub Command24_Click() Dim strWhere As String On Error GoTo ErrorHandler If Not IsNull(Me.Director) Then strWhere = AddAnd(strWhere) strWhere = strWhere & "[Director] = '" & Me.Director & "'" End If If Not IsNull(Me.ProjectName) Then strWhere = AddAnd(strWhere) strWhere = strWhere & "[ProjectName] = '" & Me.ProjectName & "'" End If If N...

How can I view files chronologically when opening multiple files
I often open multiple invoices for the same account, and I want to view them beginning from the oldest to the most current. However, Excel situates them in reverse order such that when I close one or do "ctrl tab" to step to the next file it always steps to the newest file. I would prefer the "stepping" begin and proceed with the oldest files. I don't know that we have any control over the order Excel opens workbooks or stacks their windows. You can press Ctrl-Shift-Tab to go in the reverse order though. -- Jim "Stevilsize" <Stevilsize@discussions...

Display Date Range In Text Box
I have a pie-chart on my main menu that totals the number of billable hours for each Service Technician for the last week (always 7 days from today.) How would I make a text box display the actual date range, much like what is done in reports. I'd like it to look like this: From: 2/7/2008 To: 2/7/14/2008 I don't think I can use the query that generates the data for the pie-chart becuase it would have to be outside that sub-form on my main menu. My main menu does not have a data source. If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it. Thx, JK, If your chart always prints in ...

Values in multiple columns into one column
Hi everyone, I have a spreadsheet with values in multiple columns where for instance col A is blank colb or c or d won't be...there will be something in one where the others are empty. I need to create a column with all the values together. Tried using the following formula but it doesn't seem to work... the values are all dates.. =IF(O2=" ",N2,IF(N2=" ",K2,IF(K2=" ",J2,O2))) Can anybody help!! Cheers Dan Hi try =IF(O2="",N2,IF(N2="",K2,IF(K2="",J2,O2))) >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, > >I hav...

Workbook buttons are missing....
Somehow I cannot resize a particular workbook. The buttons that are usually in the upper right corner to close, minimize, or maximize are now gone. The workbook window extends below my screen and I can't even change sheets. Please heeelllllllllpppppppp!!! Thanks! Steve Press Alt-Space and then S to adjust Size. StompS wrote: > Somehow I cannot resize a particular workbook. The buttons that are usually > in the upper right corner to close, minimize, or maximize are now gone. The > workbook window extends below my screen and I can't even change sheets. > Please ...

Countif formula for specific text within range