trying to open .CHM help file

Can anyone help me please? i am trying to open a .CHM help file via a
command button on my form.
I have tried using SHELL but that doesnt work, presumably because it
is not a .EXE.

any help greatly appreciated

0
simon

Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question.

If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom
necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to
all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to
each group). In this way, all responses to your post will be available
together, regardless of what group the responder was in, and the rest of us
won't have to read your post multiple times. (It also uses fewer server
resources)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

<simon@geniecom.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me please? i am trying to open a .CHM help file via a
> command button on my form.
> I have tried using SHELL but that doesnt work, presumably because it
> is not a .EXE.
>
> any help greatly appreciated

0
Douglas

I have an older version 98 file and would like to open with P-2000
I have a file that was sent to me that I think was saved with Publisher 98 and I am using Publisher 2000, how can I open this file to view it? Thank you for your help Publisher 2000 will open 98 Publisher files. Your sender probably has sent you a 2002 or 03 file. Have your sender save the file as 98 and re-send. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sabrina" <Sabrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F1D557A-0650-4F91-80C5-783F8853676F@microsoft.com... >I have a file that was sent to m...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

BOB? More Craps Help
Hi Bob Been spending some time on the code you sent and I think I found some errors. Can you check the code below to see what you think? I think it is now working according to the correct rules... Dim cellvalue Sub Craps() 'Excel Craps V1.3 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range("B5:C1000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A4").Select Setup: Application.ScreenUpdating = True [B5] = [B2] Rollem: If (([B5] = 2) Or ([B5] = 3) Or ([B5] = 12)) Then GoTo CrapOut If (([B5] = 7) Or ([B5] = 11)) Then GoTo FirstLucky cellvalue = 0 GoTo NotWinner End NotWinner: ...

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

SQL General Help
I have been experimenting with using ADO to work with Excel data. I had some obstacles with the SQL until I stumbled across a web site that mentioned the table name needed a special format. Instead of using a table name like DATA, instead I had to use the format of [DATA$]. So I was wondering does anybody know of a source (document, web site, etc.) that explains all of the peculiarities of using SQL with Excel? Thanks Mike ...

Secondary axis help
Hi everyone, I am having some difficulty in Excel 2007 Charting. I have a stacked bar chart that I would like to add a horizontal secondary axis on. How do I do this? I'm trying to do what the Help says but there is something that I am not getting. 1. I click on the Chart and select the Format Tab 2. In the Current Selection section, there is a Chart Elements drop down and I select Horizontal (Category) axis. 3. I go to my sheet that has the data for the chart and I select the data range that I want per the instructions. I'm lost after this. Hi, well, the Help s...

Employee Training Help
Hey Y'all, I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and queries about who has taken what type of course. What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables: 1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key) 2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no employee information 3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of the training courses that they have completed) I am unsure of what ki...

SUMIFS help
Hi. Hope you’re able to help. I’m having difficulties the SUMIFS function. Either I’m using it incorrectly or perhaps it’s the wrong function for me! I’m trying to total the money amounts in column E as long as conditions in columns A (cell A6 in this example) and column H are True. However, I’m finding that the function is not totalling up the money amounts it should be totalling in column E. Instead, it’s just returning a single money amount in column E and ignoring the rest! This is the function as I’ve written it: =SUMIFS(BnkChqs!E3:E1000,BnkChqs!A3:A1000, A6,BnkChqs!...

newbie needs help
Hello, First to let you all know, I am a big novice at this kind of stuff, so please bear with me. What I am trying to do is make a trendchart with 9 different plots on it. How do I change the numbers on the side and bottom of the chart to read what I need them to? I take these tests 3 times a week and would like to chart all of them seperately and also together to chart progress for a whole month. One for each day, and then one for the month. Then I would like to do the same for the following months of the year. And I would like to have one chart to show the progress for the whole...

Need Help with Formula #3
I need help trying to come up with a formula for a friend of mine. This is what he wants -- Using any 9 numbers -- he wants Excel to come up with every possible 3-digit combination of numbers that are divisible by 7. Is there anyone who could assist me with a formula that will perform this calculation? Can Excel do such a calculation? Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer. In A1, enter the number 7. Select A1:A142. Edit>Fill>Series, Step value 7. Format>Cells>Custom, "000". If with "using any 9 numbers" you mean you don't want any zero...

Database Files Directory
Hello everyone, I have created a database and everything is working fine. I just would like to access directory contents and displayed then in a form. For example I have records that I have saved/scan to a particular directory now I would like to see then on the bottom of the form. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance, JM See: List files recursively - List files in a folder and subfolders at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than...

Publisher installer runs when I try to open a pdf file
I have installed and are successfully running Publisher 2003. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 installed. When I try to open a pdf file, the Publisher installer runs and is trying to reinstall publisher. Any ideas? Thanks -- LS Do you have all the updates for Publisher? Office has two service packs. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=4289AE77-4CBA-4A75-86F3-9FF96F68E491 Have you updated Acrobat to 6.0.4? http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows Have you tried a detect and repair on both these products? --...

formula help 02-10-10
Hi- Issue: 211 310 410 569 Would like to accomplish: 2211 2310 2410 2569 How do I add number 2 infront of the above ISSUE numbers as I have thousands of line to do. Soth If your number is in column A then in column B type =2 & A1 and copy it down. -- -John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/ Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "Soth" wrote: > Hi- > > Issue: > 211 > 310 > 410 > 569 > > Would like to accomplish: > 2211 > 2310 > 2410 > 2...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Error while opening GP windows from BP
Hi all . I am getting an issue when we click 'Create Journal entries' item in the Financial Back Office Tasks webpart in Business Port4.0. "null-CWTSSession.openCannes:'oWTS' is null or not an object" I done a Terminal Server Setups as per the BP installation Document. Version Details : GP10.0,BP4.0,MOSS 2007 Note : I am getting this even for Administrator Login Regards Sunny Hi Sunny, A simple troublshooting steps: 1. Ensure that you can remotely access the server (where BP is installed) via Remote Desktop Connection (RDP). This will ...

maintenance plan log files
hi, After I moved sqlagent logs to another drive (Right click Error Logs - > Configure -> change path), I found the Maintenance plans logs can't be generated any more. The job itseld on the job history runs successfully but if I right click maintenance plan-> view history-> show steps and I will see the red error: "Access to the path 'C:\ \Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\MSSQL.1\\MSSQL\\LOG\ \Log_Backup_Subplan_1_20100301134505.txt' is denied." The path shows the old one. So it seems that I need to change the Maintenance plan log file location ...

Avoid creation of new folders in my document when I open outlook?
Hi, each times I open Outlook, new folders are cretaed in my documents and each times I attach files to an email, Outlook creats new folders in the file where the attach file was. How can I avoid this? is this a dell laptop with media direct? if so, uninstall the outlook setup add-in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents
Hi, I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication. Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint 2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled, all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and opens as expected and as in Office 2007. Where is the settin...

why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc
I do not want word to change the date of a saved doc when i open it I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automat...

How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files

Help with formula containing text
Hi I need some help on the following. I have a column of text, linked to other worksheets, that is continuously changing. I need to be alert if the same piece of text appears in the column more than twice, e.g. Tom Tom Jane Mary Mary Tom "ALERT" Thanks Mike -- mlhynes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mlhynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12959 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401787 Mike Visit Chip Pearson's site for much help on duplicates. Fin...

File SaveAs
I perform a file save as in the workbook but when I do this I the original file is no longer open. This causes me to manully reopen the original file. I would like the original file to remain open even during or after the new workbook is created. Any ideas....thank you. My current code is below: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="WHLS Oversight Rpt " & Format(Date, "mmddyy") & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel8, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _ CreateBackup:=False Ap...

Movie Maker file with Nero
can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If so, how? -- Charlie Charlie wrote: > can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If > so, how? ========================================= I guess you know this is off topic for this newsgroup? Anyway...I saved the following info from a previous message..it might be worth a try. ===== Save your slideshow in WMM as DV-AVI file. How do I save my movie as a DV-AVI file in Movie Maker? http://tinyurl.com/8ktlw Then open Nero, click on make DVD Video, click on add file, call up your DV-AVI file, make your opening ...

Rota's and Daily Shift Pattern's
I've got a basic rota sheet with Mon-Sunday along the top and the names of the staff down the side. Each day a memember of staff is either AM, PM or OFF. I'me trying to create a sheet that just has monday at the top with all th AM people on it. Then a sheet with all the PM people on it. Any idea's? Thanks in advance Scott. Hi Scott is this just for printing out? if so i would use the autofilter (data / filter / autofilter) - choose the drop down for MONDAY, choose AM print results ... choose PM, print results .... Cheers JulieD "Scott Cheesman" <Scott Che...