Transfer form data

In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?.  I would like to use
something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to
Excel.

I would prefer not to create an Access report and then use "Publish with MS
Word".  This method does NOT faithfully reproduce the report.

Thanks
--
Shell

"Shell" wrote:

> In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?.  I would like to use
> something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to
> Excel.
>
> I would prefer not to create an Access report and then use "Publish with MS
> Word".  This method does NOT faithfully reproduce the report.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Shell

Hi Shell,

DoCmd.TransferText

Luck,
Jonathan

Copying XML data to Word
I have got an Excel XML spreadsheet which grabs data from Microsoft CRM. I have set it up to have 5 different sheets. I want to copy information from each of these sheets into Word, but for some reason, only data from the first sheet is copied. When I try to copy cells from other sheets, I get blank cells in Word. Can anyone tell me why? And even better, is there an automatic way to copy this stuff into a Word template so I don't have to manually select the cells? ...

Transferring a file
Hi, I want to transfer a file generated from great plains to a FTP server ,i don't know how to acess a FTP through dexterity . please advice Thanks in advance Interesting scenario... I think I'd look at finding a COM object/library or ..Net assembly that could do the communicating, and use that. Haven't needed something like that, but I'm sure they're out there. If not, I guess you could roll your own, if you know another programming language as well. There's on-line help and manuals on talking to external libraries. The fun will be getting that extern...

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

Payroll Data Encryption
Is there a product out there that allows encryption of payroll tables so that IT administrators with sa password access cannot see the payroll information? ...

Hyperlinks in Custom Forms
We have a need for distributing excel spreadsheets and large documents to our outside people who dialup to get their mail. I created a custom form with a hyperlink to an EXE file that will install the document into a specific folder. The problem is that this works sometimes, but most of the time it tries to open the link in IE (then I get the unable to open the page error). I want the form to automatically download (or just give me option to download) the file when the link is clicked. I thought it might be encoded in the link somewhere as a switch or something... ANY help or sugge...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

View other BU data
Hi, Let say there are 4 BU define in my systems and name it as BU1 up to BU4 accordingly. And each BU has manager and sales person that is different from other BU. Is it possible that BU1 manager can see all lead, opportunity for BU2? But BU2 manager cannot see the BU1 lead and opportunity?? Thx, Carrie Hi, yes it is possible by using different security roles for the two different sales managers (they have different access rights and should therefore have different roles). It is also possible using BU hierarchy and placing the managers in a aggregate BU or in the bottom one dependin...

Macro to sort variable data range fails
Hi, Can you please help me identify why this macro is failing with the following error? Runtime error 1004: Sort method of Range class failed Row 7 is the header row Data range has a variable number of rows (so using end(xldown) to select the range) Using column BA to select a contiguous range of cells as all cells are populated in the column Then using that selection to select entire rows in my list Sorting as per criteria using row 7 as header row Rows("7:7").Select Range("BA7").Activate Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select ...

MAXIMUM Data Input in Excel
Does anyone know the approximate (or exact) limit of Excel for storing data? I have heard the number 65,000 lines of data, but want to verify this number. Thanks. I guess you have never looked at a worksheet and done end +down arror to see that, in the later versions, there are 65336 rows and 256 columns. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C780540D-BD2A-45BE-B159-C746BE6A9022@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the approximate (or exact) limit of Excel for storing data? > > I have heard the...

Data Analysis help?
Hi all, I've got some time series data which is approximately constant for awhile, and then drops off as -(a exp(b x)). Is there a way I can have Excel help me to determine what the "best" place to consider the constant section as stopping and the exponential section as beginning? It should be straighforward to determine the exponenetial's parameters after that. Thanks for any ideas, cdj Rather than considering the range as the spline of two separate processes, can you construct a single mathematical model that covers both parts of your data? If it is possible, then...

More on "Data Range"
This is wonderful for using "OFFSET" for a Dynamic Range Name for a Chart "Data Range"...http://processtrends.com/pg_dynamic_charts.htm Thank you again Kelly O'Day. It includes, for the X-Axis Dynamic Range Name... "Refers to:" ---> =OFFSET(dyn_ranges!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA(dyn_ranges!$A$A)-1) Currently, I'm using Column A to receive several Ranges for Charts from Access Automation. The...COUNTA(dyn_ranges!$A$A) will Count Entries in Column A from Cell $A$2 down. Other than separating the Ranges...IE.. For Chart 1...Columns A:B ---> COUNTA(dyn_ranges!$...

Excel chart data labels showing % change instead of value?
I'm needing to have my excel chart show me the percent change in my 2 series. I would like this in a data label over series 2 on the chart, but all I can figure out to do is have the value labeled. Does any one have any suggestions? I'm believe I'm using Excel 2002. You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm "MFritz" <MFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29317BE2-4574-4623-8D5E-A3BA97B3FAE6@microsoft.com... > I'm needing to have my excel chart show me the percent change in my 2...

Using atachment fields in a form
Is there a way that an atachment be changed or added in a form? I have a table that uses atachments and would like to be able to change out the atachment or add an attachment while in form view. The only option that shows up in form view is "View" and not "Add" or "Edit". The only place that add or edit shows up is in table view. 2nd question is can the path for attachments be made relative so the database can be used on different computers? Thanks ...

how do i transfer my contact list from outlook to mobile phone
how do i transfer my contact list from microsoft outlook to my black berry mobile phone "becks" <becks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:860C96FF-81B3-4319-836A-D2606811A958@microsoft.com... > how do i transfer my contact list from microsoft outlook to my black berry > mobile phone See the documentation for your Blackberry... ...

combining data from separate sheets into one
Greetings I would be grateful if someone could start me off on a macro to combine data (size variable) from a number of sheets (number unknown) from a single file. The data will always start in the same cell, A6. Many thanks Yours Andrew j Fife Can you be a bit more specific on what exactly do you want to do? Do you want to, say, add the values of cell A6 in all sheets in A6 in a totals sheet, or something like this? Do you want to do this for a range of cells? Does your totals sheet have a specific name (so it can be excluded from the summation? Nikos Y. >-----Original Message...

Automatic Pareto data with Formula
I want to create a data table for use to create an Automatically updated Pareto Chart, for this I need that the values automatically be sorted in descending order, so I have the following example scenario: Column A has Labels and Column B has Values A -1 B -2 C - 3 D - 2 E -1 If I use the following formula: =INDEX($A$1:$A$5,MATCH(LARGE($B$1:$B$5,2),$B$1:$B$5,0)) I get B, but there are two 2 and if I use the 3rd largest: =INDEX($A$1:$A$5,MATCH(LARGE($B$1:$B$5,3),$B$1:$B$5,0)) I also Get B instead of the required D. How can I get it so the end results looks like this: C ...

Scroll down on Form, not to next record
I have a data entry form that is just a little longer than the page. I have used http://www.lebans.com/mousewheelonoff.htm and it works very well at totally disabling the mouse scroll. What I want to know is how can I get the scroll button on the mouse to actually scroll down on the current record on the form? Not to the next one. This would be so helpful for me. Thanks. Either the scroll wheel is off or on! -- www.ae911truth.org "This Guy" wrote: > I have a data entry form that is just a little longer than the page. I have > used > > http://www.le...

How do you entr data in a form (scanned) document?
I have a printed form I need to fill out by entering data. How do I ues Word to do so? I can scan the form to creat a (picture) document. How do I enter data in this document (by overlay) to enable printing it with entered data? You could use text boxes for your info. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Filling in preprinted forms" <Filling in preprinted forms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:659EAF90-C3E9-4C24-BDCC-11DAB1A95A87@microsoft.com... >I have a printe...

Data Labels Widths
Can the width of a data label for a MS Chart (in my case a pie graph) be widened. There appears to be no property for this. I have downloaded some utilities but these are for simply creating label with bespoke text and do not allow me to adjust the width... help!!! Many thanks... Mike - The maximum width of a data label seems to be proportional to the width of the chart object. You can make the chart wider to fit a longer label. Most of a chart's text elements do not allow you to control their dimensions. You can add textboxes, however, that allow you to adjust their size. The...

Finding Last Data in a Column
Hi, Does anyone kow how to find the last entry in a single column the paste it into another cell? For instance - Looking at column J - Find the last entry or last cel with data in it then copy this data into another cell eg J5. Any help much appreciated Mike:) :) : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mike WorkSheets("Sheet1").Range("J65536").End(xlUp).Copy WorkSheets("Sheet1").Range("J5") HTH Cordially Pascal "MacroMike >" <<MacroMike.19mqp2@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news:MacroMike.1...

Getting straight lines in a best fit trendline of semi log data?
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed. I have been asked to create a graph that looks like this: http://www.jci.org/cgi/content/full/98/2/490/F4 It is a semi-log representation of a time series. I have created a spreadsheet here: http://ccbc.unc.edu/documents/logarithmic_test_graph.xls As you can see, the trendlines are curved. I have serched the archives but I'm missing a basic understanding of what to do. For example, the TREND function just gave me a specific value. If anyone can tell me how to make my clunky graph resemble the spiify published one, you will save both my...

Combined bar and line chart (two Y axis) how to make excel know which data goes where
Hello all, after the super fast problem fixing last time i had a problem, i'd like to ask the excel collective for some more help... :) now trying to plot a combined bar chart and line graph. I basically want all the sets of data except one to appear as columns plotted against the axis on the left and the last set of data (which is a cumulative value of the data appearing for the columns) plotted against the right hand axis as a line. I can plot the graph fine, but out of the 7 sets of data which i want to appear as 6 sets of columns and one line, i get four sets of columns and three ...

RANKING alters when data is filtered
Have spread sheet with list of percentages - adjacant column displays numeric ranking of these percentages - when i filter the percentage column (eg sort ascending) the formulas (cells that are being ranked) and hence the numeric ranking are changing - each row is ranking different cells within the same column. eg. A B C 1 Rank 2 ABL 4% 4 (rank by cells C2-C6) 3 ING 5% 5 (rank by cells C2-C6) 4 CBA 1% 1 (rank by cells C2-C6) 5 AMP 3% 3 (rank by cells C2-C6) 6 ANZ 2% ...

How to link data and it's formats bewteen worksheets
I am using Office v.X for mac. I have a workbook that that has master worksheet with A1:AK4 column headings and A5:AK265 has data with different formats (date,text,number etc.) I want to create new worksheet as a diiferent catagories with linking data from the master worksheet. So when i edit the master worksheet it edits the other worksheet simultaneous. For example rows 5,15,70,100 belongs to catagory1 being worksheet2 and rows 10,50,200 being another catagory as another worksheet and so on. Different rows will make up 6 catagories in turns 6 worksheets. I have tried using paste link but i l...

i need to create a chart from data from one workbook in another wo
hi new to excell so please be kind. i need to create a series of charts from different sets of data in one workbook, and have the charts show in another seperate workbook, and update automaticly when the data changes in the first workbook. i know how to create charts, its just that i can't get it linking from one workbook to another please help Mark Hi, An easy approach would be: Make the charts in the workbook containing the data. Cut and paste those charts into a new workbook. The charts are still linked to the original workbook. If you make changes in the data, the charts...