Training registration: how to pick multiple entries for one course

A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a
training class. Now, we want to allow for multiple employees to be selected
to register them at the same time for one class. Looking for examples, sample
code, or even a basic layout of how to approach this change.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Dawn
--
Dawn Bjork Buzbee

On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:05:00 -0700, Dawn Bjork Buzbee
<DawnBjorkBuzbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a
>training class. Now, we want to allow for multiple employees to be selected
>to register them at the same time for one class. Looking for examples, sample
>code, or even a basic layout of how to approach this change.

A Form based on the classes table, with a Subform based on the enrollment
table, with a combo box to select employees would let multiple employees be
picked relatively quickly. You could even filter the combo box to (say) select
all employees within a certain department or meeting some other criterion.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
5/29/2007 8:31:57 PM
Thanks, John, for the clarity. Sometimes it's not always that something is
complicated but just taking a different view. :)
(Sorry so late in picking up the response--lots of travel.)

--
Dawn Bjork Buzbee

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:05:00 -0700, Dawn Bjork Buzbee
> <DawnBjorkBuzbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a
> >training class. Now, we want to allow for multiple employees to be selected
> >to register them at the same time for one class. Looking for examples, sample
> >code, or even a basic layout of how to approach this change.
>
> A Form based on the classes table, with a Subform based on the enrollment
> table, with a combo box to select employees would let multiple employees be
> picked relatively quickly. You could even filter the combo box to (say) select
> all employees within a certain department or meeting some other criterion.
>

>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

How do I relate data of one document to another ?
When I imput additional information on a word document I would like that information transfered to an excel document, Likewise if I input data in an excel document I would like to have it transfered to a word document. How do I do it ? I don't think you can have the same link work both directions but you can copy and paste as link and when the source is updated (probably the excel file since I don't see the point of having Word as a source in Excel) the link will be updated as well -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "bandi" <bandi@discussions....

Formatting # in one cell
Can I separate numbers by a comma within a single cell so I can add, average and use the pivot function calculating each number separtly? I have the column formatted as text. In the cells I have: 2, 3, 4, 5 12, 2, 5, 24 There is one cell per row with the numbers and one column with these numbers. Thank you for your help. Brent30@cox.net Brent, You'll have to use Data | Text to columns, prior to doing anything with your numbers - as they are, Excel will treat them as strings. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

Duplicate Emails from one user to another
Hey, Ive got a weird one on my hands and can't figure out whats going on... We had a new employee start the other week, so I set him up a login, and an email address, setup the same as everyone else in the company, and everything seemed all hunky dory. Then one of our original employees starts telling me that he is recieveing duplicate emails from the new user. No one else recieves duplicates, and the only messages that do duplicate are from the new user (like, none of our emails duplicate to him). Ive checked his message rules (in case he's done something dumb like copy the...

Two SBS exchange servers one Internet Domain
I work for a non-profit company. We have two seperate locations. Both locations have a DSL connection with a constant IP address. We have two SBS 2003 servers. Currently I have them setup like this: Corporate server: I have exchange setup with all the users from both locations. DNS points to this server to send emails. branch server: I have only the users setup that are in this location. I setup a POP3 connector with these users pointing them to my corporate server. It pulls down the email every 30 minutes. I have setup the "forward all mail with unresolved recepients to host&q...

Activesync, 1 device shared by multiple users?
Hello. Is this possible? The vice president of the company I work for wants to purchase one Motorola Q when it comes out. He wants me to make activesync work with that device. I want to try to let three users beta test it one week at a time. Can I make multiple profiles in a device? Or can I erase the previous person's profile and create the next beta tester's profile? Thanks in advance. Hi You would need to erase/remove the previous setting when handing over to the new beta tester, unfortunatly Windows Mobile devices are not able to be configured with multiple profiles. ...

so one USB port not equal to other USB port
I have been having trouble with one of my USB hard disks. It worked for some time, but not reliably. In practice it randomly dismounted while copying files (and also when not copying). After that I had to pull the power plug and reinsert it to make the drive mount again. Yesterday this happened again, I got annoyed and, since the drive is still under a few monthes warranty, I decided to call Medion support. This guy advised to try it on another USB port. Initially I was sceptical but nevertheles I gave it a try. Guess what? The troublesome drive now seems to work like a charm! ...

Insert Multiple Records into a Table
Can I insert multiple records into a table using "INSERT INTO"., it seems it can insert only one record at one time. INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120) Is there an alternate way to insert multiple records in MS Access Table using a query. Please help. Thanks. mario wrote: >Can I insert multiple records into a table using "INSERT INTO"., it seems it >can insert only one record at one time. > >INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120) > >Is there ...

Grouping in one row
Hi I have following problem, i have 5 columns of data, the first column is ID number. There can be many rows with the same ID. What I want to achieve is to group values from one ID in one row. For example I have: a,cat,excel,12, ,4 a,2,4, ,fire a, ,fire,543,12 b,qwerty,six,alpha,3 b,34,enter, ,3 c,with,sober,lax,23 c,2, ,4,3 and want to get: a,cat,excel,12, ,4,2,4, ,fire, ,fire,543,12 b,qwerty,six,alpha,3,34,enter, 3 c,with,sober,lax,23,2, 4,3 Can this be done in excel or vba? On Mar 3, 5:04=A0pm, Johan Ibrahim <johanibrah...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have following pr...

using variable length named ranges problem
I have 3 variable length lists of data that need to be concatenated in to one column. Presently the following formula works (This is typed in to A1 and copied down the column using the drag handle so in cell A2 refs to C1,D1,E1 are automatically changed to C2,D2,E2 and so on): =IF(ROW()<=COUNTA(C:C),C1,IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),OFFSET(D1,(COU NTA(C:C)),0,1,1),IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)+COUNTA(E:E)),OFFSET(E1,- (COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),0,1,1),""))) Result - a list of data in column A which is the list of data in column C plus data in column D plus ...

Specifiying Successive Page Numbers for Workbooks with Multiple Tabs/Pages
Hi, Does anyone know how to make a workbook with several tabs print with successive page numbers from the first page of the first tab to the last page of the last tab? Thanks Hi Select all of the tabs and then print the lot in one go!! -- Andy. "M.P." <mpam@challiance.org> wrote in message news:103ca01c43f3b$2afcafc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Does anyone know how to make a workbook with several tabs > print with successive page numbers from the first page of > the first tab to the last page of the last tab? > Thanks I have tried that before, but each...

Multiple criterias in a Pivot filter
Hi (Excel 2010) In my pivottable I have a list of names. Now I want to show only the rows with names including "ete" or "eve". I can set up af filter for each, but how do I filter for both of them. Furthermore I would like to show the rows with "Johnsson" Is there a way to do it. Something like : Select * from names where (names like %ete% or names like %eve%) and names like %Johnsson% Example: NAMES John Adams (Not to to be shown) Peter Grandjean (To be shown) Eric Hansen (Not to be shown) Evelyn Bond (To be shown) Regards Peter hi Peter, Set P...

Trendline
All, I can't find a way to break a three year/12 qtr trendline apart in Excel Charts. I'd like to have one trendline for the first two years (8 qtrs) and one for the last year (4 qtrs). Is this possible? Thanks, Richard Yes, plot two data sets, with the same data for for the first 8 quarters, and differing data after that. "Richard" wrote: > All, > > I can't find a way to break a three year/12 qtr trendline apart in Excel > Charts. I'd like to have one trendline for the first two years (8 qtrs) and > one for the last year (4 qtrs). Is th...

Associating category fails for one payee
So I'm just starting to use Money, and it all seems to work pretty well except for one grocery store that I always shop at: Money Plus refuses to automatically categorize it as groceries. I've entered it (time and time again). Will this just work next time I download a transaction or is something else going on? Thanks, -- -Steve Anderson Program Manager, Office This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Compare one year to another, but just YTD
Let's see if I can explain this. I have two sheets, the first sheet is labeled 2005 and the second one is 2006. In A1 thru A12 on both sheets is Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. On 2005 B1 thru B12 we have monthly values. On 2006 B1 thru B7 (as we are just now going into Aug.) we have monthly values. In B13 on both sheets are totals. The problem is I can't compare on year to the next as the total on the 2005 sheet is for the full year. I'd like to add Label in A14 that says 2005 YTD and have a formula in B14 that looks at how many cells in the range B1 thru B12 on 2006 have values then...

Vary Color on one data series line
On a bar graph - is it possible to have two different colors on one bar - for example the line is red up to 100% mark and after the 100% mark the line would then be green? Hi see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart2.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sheridan wrote: > On a bar graph - is it possible to have two different colors on one > bar - for example the line is red up to 100% mark and after the 100% > mark the line would then be green? ...

Receiving multiple copies of messages
I installed Outlook Live several days ago. I have not been using Microsoft Outlook fro quite some time. For the first few days, my messages were downloading normally. All of a sudden, Outlook has started downloading multiple copies of the same message. I do not have any filters set up, so this cannot be a filter issue. I have 4 pop accounts set up, 1 MAPI account (Hotmail) and 1 IMAP account. The majority of my mail is received from my Hotmail account. The pop accounts are all set up with the option to leave messages on the server until I empty the deleted items folder. My IMAP...

Formulas over multiple worksheets
Is it possible to apply a formula to multiple worksheets? The scenario a user has 52 worksheets, one for each week of the year. In A1 of th first worksheet, she's entered a date. She'd like to use a formula t title A1 in each of the 52 worksheets like A1+7, A1+14...etc. so sh doesn't have to enter 52 titles -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Well,my stupid way goes like this: On Sheet2, A1, enter: =Sheet1!A1+7 On Sheet3,A1,enter: =Sheet1!A1+14 ... The initial time can be done manually or via vba codes(sorry I don' know how), but afterwards, she can change al...

A complete novice guide to excell which course is best to start
Not sure which one is best to start with Is there one for works excell which would be easier to start with Works does not have Excel. Works has its own Spreadsheet application. MS Office Suite contains Excel or you can buy Excel alone. Some tutorial sites for basics of Excel........ http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:48:02 -0700, frank05 <frank05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not sure which one is best to star...

Matching Multiple Columns Of Data, Some Colums Uneven
alrighty, i need basically match up three columns of data, but one o them is uneven with the other two. Two of the columns contain "stoc numbers" and the third is thier description. Column B has the stoc numbers and column C has their descriptions in matching order - but need these matched to the stock numbers in column A. There are actuall more stock number in column A, so after the match is run there should b no description or stock number next to some of the stock numbers i column A. Because of the sheer size of this file I have shortened i for an example - so if anyone could ex...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

Criteria in query <> isn't working with multiple codes
I have a query and in one field I am looking for all of the codes, except 6. There are too many codes to say I only want to see these...In the criteria I have entered it as <>AB, or <>CD, etc. I have also tried going down the rows for "or" but none of this has worked. It will only work with one code. Does anyone have any suggestions or can you tell me why this isn't working? Thanks! Hi It is working, it just isn't doing what you expected. If a code is AB it is true that it is <>AB or <>CD, because it is not CD. I think you are looking for &...

Viewing Calendar Entries as a List
Hello, I am trying to find out how I can view my calendar entries as a list. I would like to be able to filter this list by names of participants and names of the organizers. "Rob in France" <Rob in France@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F8B83C9-F56C-49BB-AB5D-96215E297981@microsoft.com... > Hello, I am trying to find out how I can view my calendar entries as a > list. > I would like to be able to filter this list by names of participants and > names of the organizers. Tried View-Current View-Events? You need to change the vi...

Bank One users .. Please read
Are you using the same username and password to access accounts etc through Bank One web site as well as Direct Link (online access) feature in Money 2004 (or earlier)? I am unable to use my username/password (8 characters) that works on Bank One web site, to access account information in Money 2004. This is for Bank One in Ohio. Bank One tech support thinks that it should. They think that the same username/password is used for both functions. However, MS Money web tech support insists that a different username/password (4 characters) is needed for the Direct Link feature in Money. I am ...

Smartlist is opening excel multiple times in version 9
In version 8, you export a couple things from Smarlist, it created multiple workbooks within the same sheet, so that you could flip between them by clicking on Window. In version 9, it seems to create mutliple worksheets and also seems to open excel multiple times, so we cannot flip between them. We are using Citrix. ...

Easy one..? #4
Hi, What I was trying to do was to come up with a way of changing th reference range for a MIN function in any column given a variabl number of rows given by a named range "NoProjects". I slept on it and came up with a much cleaner solution that didn't nee the column ref. MIN(A1:OFFSET(A1,NoProjects-1,0)) Thanks for the ideas, Gromi -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27791 ...