Toolbox wizard to create Command Button

Access 2003
Windows XP Professional

I used the Control Wizard on the Toolbox to create a Command Button to
close the form.

When I try to use it it will not run and returns this error message -

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting
produced the following error: Expected: list separator or ).

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a
user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or
macro.

Any ideas why?  I'm at a loss.

0
setabery

Check to see if you haven't changed the name of the command button
since creation by the wizzard. Make sure you haven't copied that
command button from another form and if you did, make sure the onclick
event has a procedure (that is the DoCmd.Close sub) assigned to it.

0
niuginikiwi

Command Buttons A2007
Hi Guys, Having a problem with a database create in A2002 (A2000 format) which using A2007 the command buttons no longer work? Do I need to recreate again in A2007? Thanks Lez Have you turned the macro security settings 'on'? 2007 has a default of blocking the macro's created in earlier version. By 'setting' the macro's to enabled they should work. You could also set the location to where the database is located to the 'trusted' locations (under big Office button in the ribbon - Access options - Trust Center - trust center settings). hth -- Maurice ...

Forcing directory replication via command line or script #2
Does anyone know if it is possible to force directory replication both within a site and between sites from the command line or via a script? I realise that I could increase the frequency of the intra-site replication in the GUI but would like to be able to do this on demand, non-interactively if at all possible. Thanks, Shane 1. Try repadmin /? OR 2. Create a file called DCList.ini In the file, type in the names of your DCs, one DC per line Save the file Start -> Run -> Replmon In Replmon, Click File -> Open Script Select teh DCLis...

create specific rules like all emails other than from HOTM...
Ho can i create a rule which would send emails from all ids other than from say XXX@ittme.com to go to office folder & anyother must go to MISC Folder? Create a rule that moves the 'XXX@ittme.com' items to the office folder then create another rules that moves all mail items to the MISC folder. Order them so that the 'XXX' one runs first. Make sure each rule ends in a Stop Processing action also "GG" <GG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9AA9859-ECB9-46BD-897C-0DF0207D972E@microsoft.com... > Ho can i create a rule which would send e...

how to creat boxplot graph by Excel?
how to creat boxplot graph by Excel? On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Na <Na@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >how to creat boxplot graph by Excel? http://www.google.com/search?q=excel+boxplot -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. Look here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Na" <Na@discussion...

runtime error 429 when trying to create Inet object
Hi I am trying to create a macro that uploads a file to a ftp server.It works fine on my laptop (using Vista) but not at the office(2003 Server R2 and XP prof users).I keep getting run-time error 429 "Cannot create object...".I did reference Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0. I did some research online but could not find an actual solution to it. Dim FTP as Inet Set FTP = New Inet' this is the line that draws the error If you know a solution to this issue please let me know ...

How do I create column headings in Excel in the A, B, C etc column
I have seen spreadsheets where the column heads, A, B, C etc have titles but haven't been able to figure out how to insert my own. thanks for any enlightenment on this topic. -- Elianna You can't. You can REMOVE the display of the headings and insert your own in row 1 then freeze row 1 so it always shows, but you're still really typing in columns A, B, etc. To remove the display of the headings: tools/Options/View tab, deselect Row & Column Headers To freeze row 1: Select row 2, Window/Freeze Panes. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "eliannaj" <eliannaj@discussions.microsoft...

Using VBA to create a new worksheet, and then target new worksheet
Hello, I have read numerous threads about creating a new worksheet, and havin the user enter the new name for the worksheet. I would like to know ho to target this new worksheet. Example. I would like to run a MACRO that copies data from a set worksheet creates a new worksheet and prompts the user for a name. Then I woul like to target this worksheet and paste the data. The result would be that everytime this macro is run, a new mutuall exclusive worksheet is created, and named by a user. This can be don over and over again, until there are multiple worksheets Thanks, -Bria -- brianproc...

Reorder number in Item Wizard
The RMS item wizerd seems to be lacking the reorder number field. It is important for bullding a new matrix item. The problem is that when you generate a PO for reorder purposes, there is no reorder number available. Populating the reorder number manually for matirx items is just not an option. Or, Is there another way? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Out of Office.This command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension
Error when trying to activate out of office assistant This command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension. The microsoft documentation for this error is located at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327353 However when searching for the subkey mentioned it is not present. try using the edit>find feature in regedit and search for "Resiliency" this should bring up a subkey located in HKEY_USERS Rename this to "Resiliency.old" ...

Propert Sheet Wizard
I have property sheet, configured as a wizard, with pages 1, 2, 3 and 4. On page 1, press "Next" -> page 2. Good. On page 2, press "Next" -> General protection fault instead of page 3 Remove page _4_ and I dont get the protection fault going from page 2 to page 3 !!?? Anyone any ideas as to what the cause might be ? Tracing through the code, my page 2's OnWizardNext() handler executes without problem, and the GPF occurs after it. Tracing through the stack shows numerous (~100?) USER32, comctl32, WndProc-type functions but none of my own code until I get to...

Creat Schedule
Need to create 2 church schedules. 12 week schedul 6 Masses per wee One schedule is for readers - 1 per Mass = 6 per week One for list of eucharistic minister - List of Masses & people needed 4:30pm - 4, 7:00am - 3, 8:30am - 3, 10:00am 5, 11:30am - 5, 5:00pm - 6 The selection of people to serve are to be in random order Some people are both readers and Eucharistic Minister - so duplication of names at the same Mass needs to be avoided. Ex. Joe Smith is scheduled to read at 4:30 Mass and also to serve as a Eucharistic Minister at the same Mass. This can't be done I am not sure how to ...

Outlook 2003
I am a delegate receiving meeting requests for several people. In my Inbox, there is no way to tell which meeting requests are really for me (i.e. I am invited to the meeting) and which meeting requests I am receiving on behalf of others (I am not invited to the meeting but may accept or decline on behalf of the person whose delegate I am). I have created sub-folders for each of the managers whose meeting requests I receive. I would like meeting requests I receive on behalf of others to be filtered into the appropriate sub-folder, bypassing my Inbox. I have made many attempts ...

How do I create a keyboard shortcut with SharePoint installed?
The closest instructions I could find were Tools->Customize->Keyboard. I cannot find tools anywhere in Word, and if I go to the SharePoint window, the Customize window doesn't have a Keyboard selection. I would like to make a short cut to insert table rows as it requires to much mouse clicking and movement and on can only insert one row at a time. If you have Word 2007, that's why you don't see a "Tools" menu -- or any menus -- and it has nothing whatever to do with having or not having SharePoint. If that's the case, right-click the Quick Acc...

Making Changes Using Calendar Wizard
I have used one of the Calendar Templates and made changes to the initial page. I then tried to do the "Change Date Range" to add more "months". The only change that stayed was the new Logo I inserted using the Logo Options. Colors and other editing was lost. Is there any way to get the subsequent months to "take" the changes I made on the initial single January page? Thanks! Create all the months from the get go, open the color schemes taskbar, either use one color scheme already defined or create your own. You will have to manually add holidays and speci...

Creating sub-accounts in Money
Hi, I would like to be able to create sub-accounts in Microsoft Money 2004. The intention is to transfer money to various 'Saves' sub-accounts which are still calculated within the main account. Is this possible? Help please. How about using categories and/or classes for this. e.g. Savings:Christmas, Savings:Vacation, etc. On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:40:03 -0700, Ricky <Ricky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I would like to be able to create sub-accounts in Microsoft Money 2004. The >intention is to transfer money to various 'Saves' sub-accounts which ...

Button Icon graphics in Vista
The following works in WinXp (VS2002 IDE): CButton m_ButtonName; .... BOOL CMyDlg::OnInitDialog() { .... m_ButtonName.SetIcon (AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_IconName)); .... } The "Icon" property in visual studio is set true for the button. There is no manifest file for the exe. But the above doesn't work in Vista. Specifically the icon graphics is missing/not showing. Also the button looks to be system drawn (vertical shading). Any ideas? Thanks... > CButton m_ButtonName; >... >BOOL CMyDlg::OnInitDialog() >{ >... > m_ButtonName.SetIcon (AfxGetApp...

creating multiple files from a spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet created from Project which lists all tasks, the associated resources, hours etc. I need to take the spreadsheet and generate a time sheet for each resource. Is there a way to do this so the file names will contain the resource's name? I can save it to the same drive and filename each time but the resources could change (new resources added) week to week. So, I need a file created for each resource listed in the spreadsheet. The new spreadsheets would then have each task for each resource in its own spreadsheet. -- Carol Summa Carol, I asked the same ques...

Macro runs fine from VBEditor, but not button
Hi, this macro was running fine, until the conversion to Office 2007. In the Locations worksheet I have a list of locations in Zone 1. A worksheet is created for each store in Zone 1. I manually move the created worksheets into another Book. Then I go back to the original file to run Zone 2. Only now I'm getting an error: Cannot run the macro 'Book 2.xlsx'!PrepareReport'. The macro may not be available in this workbook. Why is it looking to the new book for the macro? The macro is in the original file. It does let me click on the Developer tab, Macros...

Virtual user supports in exchange server (a email account without actually creating a email account)
I want to provide email service to my customer, but I don't want to create real user account and email account for each one. for example, I want to assign email like xyz123@mycompany.com to my customer, but I don't really have a email account named "xyz123" setup for it. Still, I want to be able to look at all the new email in the exchange server and extract those emails and doing somework accordingly. Does anyone know if Exchange server support this feature? If not, any other window based email server support it? Thank you so much for the help.. --Xin Chen In news:...

Unsubscribe Button Not Functioning
When distributing an email activity in CRM, I am unable to insert an "unsubscribe" option. The button is available, but when I click on it nothing happens and nothing is inserted into the email that I distribute. Thanks, Tony You have to select some text such as "click here to unsubscribe" and hightlight the word "here" and then click unsubscribe. That will make the selected text a hyperlink and it should work, but for me it does not. See my post on this same subject. "TonyLI" wrote: > When distributing an email activity in CRM, I am unabl...

Unable to create custom keyboard shortcut
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I get to where you are able to create a custom keyboard shortcut. But when I select my command &quot;NextChangeorComment&quot; and select the &quot;Press new keyboard shortcut&quot; field, nothing happens. No text shows up in the field, nor does the &quot;Assign&quot; button become selectable. Since you don't specifically say that you did so, once you click in the field you need to press the actual key combination you want to assign to the command. If you did so but nothing displayed in the field it&#...

Is it possible to create a product in MS CRM through CRM webservic
Is it possible to create a product in MS CRM through CRM webservices ...

How create ranking within subgroup
Hi all, I have a SQL question. I have a table which contain fields: Product, Customer and SpendByCustomer What I would like is to create a query of the top spend by customers (aggregated) by Product. I would like the query list by Product, then by the top spend customer (in descending order) and a new field that would tag it as such. For example: Product Customer Spend Order 1 ABC 1000 5 1 CDE 500 4 1 FGH 400 3 1 IJK 300 2 1 LMN 100 1 2 FGH 400 3 2 CDE 100 2 2 ABC 50 1 The value of the Order field is based on number of customers for t...

CDialog::Create() is blocked in GUI thread. Why?
Hi all, I am trying to use another GUI thread to show a dialog, but I found the CDialog::Create() will be blocked in the GUI thread. I start the GUI thread from a function in my main thread by using a calss that is derived from CWinThread. In CWinThread::InitInstance(), I new a dialog object and call its Create(). I found the Create() will be blocked until the function in my main thread is leaved. Have you encountered such situation before? Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance. Justi Lin Justin wrote: > > Hi all, > > I am trying to use anot...

Collection STAT button needs additional info
From a Credit Managers point of view, I would like to see what all the Unposted orders, checks, invoices, etc are when I am making calls or approving orders. This info is available thru CARDS >> Sales >> Summary and pull the customer account up. We cannot see this info from within the MAIN window now - only if we click on the unposted sales button but we are not given totals in SUMMARY, we have to calculate them manually or launch this other window ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...