The value you entered isn't valid for this field

The value you entered isn't valid for this field

for example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number that
is larger the field size permits

this message appear for me on my (((Form))) when entering:

text or number in ---------date field

text or date in ------------ number field

my question is:

is there any why to remove this message and display custom message after
typing directly (after update) for the (Control)!!

This is an engine-level message, so you can use the Error event of the form
to catch it and substitute your own message for that DataErr.

"a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The value you entered isn't valid for this field
>
> for example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number that
> is larger the field size permits
>
> this message appear for me on my (((Form))) when entering:
>
> text or number in ---------date field
>
> text or date in ------------ number field
>
> my question is:
>
> is there any why to remove this message and display custom message after
> typing directly (after update) for the (Control)!!

0
Allen
12/26/2007 12:58:29 PM
thank yoiu
can you give me list off error and error no

becuse i search in access help i can't find any information
example:
case                                 erro no
case dublicate index         21125

so i can take number and deal with in VBA

> This is an engine-level message, so you can use the Error event of the
> form to catch it and substitute your own message for that DataErr.

> "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The value you entered isn't valid for this field
>>
>> for example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number
>> that is larger the field size permits
>>
>> this message appear for me on my (((Form))) when entering:
>>
>> text or number in ---------date field
>>
>> text or date in ------------ number field
>>
>> my question is:
>>
>> is there any why to remove this message and display custom message after
>> typing directly (after update) for the (Control)!!

Add the line:
    Stop
in Form_Error, and you can ask what DataError is.

2113 = wrong data type.

> thank yoiu
> can you give me list off error and error no
>
> becuse i search in access help i can't find any information
> example:
> case                                 erro no
> case dublicate index         21125
>
> so i can take number and deal with in VBA
>

> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> This is an engine-level message, so you can use the Error event of the
>> form to catch it and substitute your own message for that DataErr.
>>
>> "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The value you entered isn't valid for this field
>>>
>>> for example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number
>>> that is larger the field size permits
>>>
>>> this message appear for me on my (((Form))) when entering:
>>>
>>> text or number in ---------date field
>>>
>>> text or date in ------------ number field
>>>
>>> my question is:
>>>
>>> is there any why to remove this message and display custom message after
>>> typing directly (after update) for the (Control)!!

0
Allen

Expression for Percentage Calculations Based Upon Subsets of Field
How do you create an expression that will calculate a percentage based upon subsets of two fields? For example, one field is "Status" (there are three options), the other is "Resolved" (populated with a "Yes" in the appropriate cells that correspond to those "Status" entries that are resolved. I must calculate the percentage of "Resolved" entries for each status classification based upon the total number of each status classification. I have created parameter queries that appropriately identify the number of matching records for each S...

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

Leopard Upgrade -> File Format Not Valid -> every file is corrupted??? = I am up the creek
Hoping someone has an idea on this one. I recently upgraded a clients small network (4 comps) to OS X 10.5 The machines were a mix of 10.3 and 10.2 machines. I cloned all machines to ext hard drives and did an erase and install of Leopard on each. While there were certainly a few issues around the upgrade, mostly everything went fine...then the client tried to open his excel files, consisting of client databases and other essential information. No bueno. The excel files were stripped of their extensions at some point and finder calls them "unix executable files." Excel will not...

Getting photos to print in an image field
This is Access 2007. In my report I have an image field (9 x 6.77 cm). It exists in the detail section of a subreport and snakes across then down. The onPrint event for that section reads: Me.imgPhoto.Picture = Forms!frmProfiles!txtPath & "\" & Me.txtPhoto My problem is that Access doesn't print all the photos. I suspect it's a size issue as if I reduce the resolution of the photos to, say, 800 x 600, then they all print. However, the resaulting print quality is not nearly as good as the original resolution So: is there a way to force Access to be patient and ensur...

Chart two variables with differing values
I'd like to chart data similar to: Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Thefts 75 120 95 101 80 Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000 I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales set accordingly. I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly. I'd like to get som...

Help-Error validating multiple documents
Hello. I've got a total of 5 schemas. They are: 1 - 1.xsd - a description of a city 2 - 2.xsd - a description of a town 3 - CityHall.xsd - a description of a cityhall-meant to be part of a document based on 1.xsd in "user area". 4 - TownHall.xsd - a description of a townhall-meant to be part of a document based on 2.xsd in "user area". 5 - testmultischema.xsd - a document which combines in a batch instances of cities and towns based upon 1.xsd and 2.xsd. I get the following xml validation error: ERROR: The 'http://adamExt.org:TownHall' element is not declar...

HOW DO I ENTER DATA WHEN I SEEM TO BE STUCK IN A SUMMATION FORMULA
WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A SUMMATION. I CAN'T GET RID OF THE SHADING OR GET IT TO ENTER DATA? -- K J PETERSON hi typing with all caps is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. press the F8 key once and see what happens. Regards FSt1 "kenneth j peterson" wrote: > WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK > THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A > SUMMATION....

How to pass value from one form to another form.
I have the following code in BookList.aspx: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="LibSysDataSource" AllowPaging="True"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="AccessionNo" HeaderText="Accession No" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="Title" HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="Title&qu...

Additional Phone Number Fields
Outlook newbie... Is it possible to add additional phone number fields to Outlook 2007 contacts? Business and Business 2 already exist but I need Business 3, Business 4, etc. Can that be done. If so, how? Thanks. Peter "PMokover" <PMokover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69883331-CB5F-4BBC-9DD1-9B5A5D60BBF0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add additional phone number fields to Outlook 2007 > contacts? Business and Business 2 already exist but I need Business 3, > Business 4, etc. Can that be done. If so, how? You can ...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

CSocket.Connect() Port Value
All: What is the best way to determine the "Host Port" value in the CSocket.Connect() function? The examples use the value 700 or greater. Can there be a conflict if I just use the value 700? -- Regards; Bruce Kingsley The correct port value to use is the port number of the port you are trying to connect to. That is determined by your host. If you are writing the host, unless you are implementing a standard protocol, it should not be < 1024. It must not be hardwired unless you have a registered port number (which you must get from IANA, the Internet Assigned Number Autho...

Custom Fields/Formulas Receiving an error "NA" in Project Center
Hello All, Was wondering if I could get some help, we are running project server 2007 latest edition with all patches. And are running a custom formula. "IIf([Milestone]=Yes,"Milestone",IIf([PPC_Result]>=1,"100.00%",IIf([Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Finish]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Duration]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"No Baseline",IIf([Baseline Start]>Now(),"Baseline start in future",Format(([PPC_NUM]/[Baseline Duration]),"percent")))))" The formula runs off a ...

display last value in a column
I would like to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in a column in a specific cell. For example, A1 is to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in column B. The number of entries and values in column B changes frequently; therefore the last value in column B is in a different row. Thanks. -- Mike Try this... Assuming there are no logical TRUE entries in the range. =LOOKUP(1E100,1/B2:B100,B2:B100) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFFCBDB0-3632-46AC-A3AB-073E6F0D475...

Dont force a Blank Page if Field is Null !!!!!! Please Help
Hello again, Asking for some expert advise. I have a report that has two sections both with headers and footers. in the final footer I have a unbound field that if the check box is true show the field, if false, Null. it wiorks great, but here is my problem. that footer need to pring on the second page and it will if I "Force New Page" but if it is null it gives me a Blank page. I tried the grouping and Page Breaks and Footer Properties but they all seem to do the same thing or it doesnt. Please help!!!! -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is one...

Values
I would like to add 2 values (value and percent) to my column bar chart. I need to see my raw N and the percent on one bar. Anyone know how to do that? As an example, set your data up as follows assuming the below: (1) The letters are in column A (2) The numbers are in column B (3) The percentages are in column C a 4 25% b 3 19% c 4 25% d 5 31% Create a Clustered Column Chart. Double-click on the columns and in the Format Data Series dialog box go to the Data Labels tab and check “Label contains Value”. When complete, you should have data labels for all of the bars. Again, in the...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Cancel button's ActiveControl reflects as value of text box
Hi All, On my form I have an "on exit" code to test whether its text box is "empty" or not. When I click the "Cancel" button I still get the msg that the txt box is empty. Using Debug.print to show the Me.ActiveControl gives me the value of the preceeding txt box. What I'm trying to achieve is to ignore the "empty" test if cancel has been selected by exiting the "on exit" before the msg box sub & clearly I'm misunderstanding the usage here somewhere. Hugh I'm a bit unclear what you want to accomplish... ...

Exchange 2003 Missing recipients in To Field
I have had complaints that people are sending emails to multiple recipients in my company. In the "To" field, they have 4 email address, but only two get the email. When I enable message tracking and find the email, on the recipent list, it only has the two email addresses. What happened to the other two?? When you open the received email, it has the four addresses on the To field. So why can't exchange see it?? Thank you On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 02:48:01 -0800, James Carter <JamesCarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have had complaints that people ...

Shipping amount field in SQL table.
Good Morning To All, I have a customer who is having one of their internal programmers write an interface that will update GL accounts according to their finance department's needs. They are very specific. One of the things they need is the shipping amounts at a transaction level. I cannot find these amounts anywhere. I read somewhere else that in order for this amounts to be populated the ship to and the shipping carrier had to be filled in on the transaction. I tested it, and I still can't see the totals for the shipping charges. Does anyone know anything about this? THANKS! ...

Calendar To Stay at Last Date Entered
I have a calendar in a form. We do data entry for information that could have occurred today, yesterday, or a couple of days ago, like over a weekend. The form always goes back to todays date. How do I get the calendar to stay at the last date entered? Somehow you will need to record the last date entered in a table somewhere. I use a system table for such items. Bill wrote: >I have a calendar in a form. We do data entry for information that could >have occurred today, yesterday, or a couple of days ago, like over a weekend. > The form always goes back to todays date. How ...

Show required fields will not stay on
Has anyone else seen this situation or know how to correct it? We are using GP dynamics 7.5 on MSSQL. I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason as to what is changing this. Sometimes when I start out for the day, show required fields is on/marked, sometimes it is not. Sometimes when I change companies in dynamics, it turns off. Any help would be greatly appreciated in how to turn this on for a user and leave it on. ...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

Problem formatting date values in chart...
I have a blood pressure tracking spreadsheet -- at a minimum, it tracks Systolic and Diastolic pressure for a given day. A B C E.g.: Date Systolic Diastolic 1 9/3/04 120 90 2 9/4/04 123 87 3 9/5/04 129 79 I currently have a simple line graph that shows systolic data points over diastolic data points. The left hand (Y axis) value is "Pressure". My problem is that I want the "date" values of Col. A to display at the bottom of the graph as a label with each corresponding data point and...

Access 2007 Query of unique values
I am working with an ODBC connection to an SQL database. In attempting to create a simple query for unique values in a field, I would expect to right click in the quey and request properties. The only information that appears in the property sheeet is the data source name. Is it a problem with the ODBC connection? You need to know what tables and columns are in the database you are connecting to. I dont think Access can tell that since its not within the Access database. -Dorian "Norm" wrote: > I am working with an ODBC connection to an SQL database. In attempting to...

Converting text and listnum fields to multi-level lists
I have many documents with numbered paragraphs. They use a mixture of text, listnum fields and multi-level lists to achieve the numbering. How can I convert them all to multi-level lists using VBA? ...