Text Not Inserting

Hi all,
I am attempting to pass a large amount of text to a field when I close a
form, however, the text is being cut off, usually ending in weird ASCII
characters.  It is random of when it happens, but it never puts in the full
amount of text that is in the field.
I am using MySQL tables, and the field is set to LONGTEXT.  My code uses a
VB INSERT INTO and works, except for the one field not capturing anything.  I
am not sure where to pursue this, but thought I would start here.  Please let
me know if more information is needed.
Perhaps instead of saving to a table, would it be better to have it create a
text file and save it elsewhere?
Help is always appreciated, thanks!
-gary

How to customize Outlook 2003, e.g. remove button text in toolbar?
I cannot find where to do that :( Thanks, Tien, Right click on the toolbar, select Customize, then right click on the button, select Default style. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Do Quyet Tien asked: | I cannot find where to do that :( | Thanks, | Tien, Thanks, but why is it easy like customize IE toolbars, just select option "No text labels...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Counting Texts
If cell A1 contains a paragraph of texts and if I want to count just letter "W"s (Upper or lower case), How can I achieve this? Example: A1 contains "How now brown cow" the formula should return "4". Thank you. Write a macro and use the VBA functions Instr(strName, "w") together with Split(strName, "w") and count the number of times that it finds "w" or "W" Chris "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC60AA13-B569-4C55-BDC7-1B6295CDAFB9@microsoft.com... > If cell A1 co...

Emails missing text
We have about 80 users on our Exchange server. We have 2 users that have an issue with reading their email. It appears that when they open the email the right side of the email/text is gone. When I shadow their session I can see the entire email but they cannot. It is as if they right section of the text of the email was deleted. I'm sorry I'm not explaining this well. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks ...

insert logo using AUTOCORRECT
Have been trying to insert my company's logo using AUTOCORRECT. It works like a charm in WORD. It doens't work in Excel. ex. when I type "lg" these characters should be replaced by my company's logo. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel? -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497273 ...

Export excel file to semicolon delimited text file
Hello all. We have the need to export a file from excel to a semicolon delimited text file. Is there a way to do this from Excel directly? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA for your help. If you change your regional settings to use the semicolon as your list separator, you can save as .csv and it should work. But this may affect other programs, too--since it's a windows setting. windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options| regional options tab|customize button near the bottom. On the other hand, if you don't want to fiddle with...

DVD Insert
I have been asked by a friend to design an insert for a DVD he is making. The only templates I've been able to find are the ones that are actually for CD jewel cases. He is going to be using the DVD cases like you see in the stores when you buy a movie, which is much larger and the insert goes into the plastic sleeve. It's about 10-1/2" X 7-1/4". I checked the Microsoft site, but they had nada. Does anyone have a place where I could get a template for this project, or any idea of the best way to set this up? I've done CD inserts, but never a DVD before. Thanks....

text size in reading pane
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

can't see text in any office files anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel on my macbookpro: can't see text in any office files anymore (word, powerpoint, excel). only when using preview function from OSX. <br> what's wrong??? <br> do I have to re-install the all suite? any quick fix? ...

Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a column then cut the word and paste it to another column. Of course this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column.. Thanks again, Mary You have a reply at your other thread. Mary wrote: > > Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. > > I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a > column then cut the word and paste it to ...

Insert hyperlink greyed out
Can't see any other posts on the above any advice valued. Thanks {XP2, with Publisher 2002} On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:39:37 +0100, Gel wrote (in article <1130053177.481108.189290@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>): > Can't see any other posts on the above any advice valued. > Thanks > > {XP2, with Publisher 2002} > Ah yes, "can't see' the classic euphemism for "I'm a lazy f**kwit, I can't be arsed to RTFH, or to STFW. Please wipe my arse for me, because I'm too lazy to find the bog roll..." Where are you attempting to insert th...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

Footnote text cannot be entered without mouse click
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Normally adding a footnote number automatically adds that number to the bottom of the page. A blinking text entry indicator normally allows me to enter the footnote text without any additional step. <br><br>However, today I wanted to add a footnote number after a word, and although the corresponding number correctly appears at the bottom of the page, and the blinking text entry indicator also appears ready to allow entering footnote text, yet when I try to type, nothing is entered. I must resort to ...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Mottled Text in GIF Image
I'm trying to put a GIF image into my signature page. The image is a Static GIF Image that consists of a graphic and some text. When I go to write the email it appears correctly, however when I send the email the text portion is mottled. I am sending the email to myself and this still occurrs so it is the same monitor, computer, software etc. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this. Should I covert this image to a jpg or some other format? Thanks in advance ...

Impossibly Tiny Text
On rare occasions Excel 2003 (with all updates) screws up and will display just one sheet with impossibly tiny text - like only one or two pels high on the screen. All other sheets continue to look normal. All the cells appear to still have correct information in them, it's just tiny. I can select the entire sheet and tell it to use 100 point type and it will produce type that looks like maybe 10 point type on the other sheets. Or I can copy an entire good sheet, and "Paste Special" only the formats onto the bad sheet and get back the impossibly tiny text again. Saving ...

Copy a formula formatted as Text In Excel
I have a UDF that returns the formula of a given cell in a text format. Is there anyway to have excel recognize that the result of the function is a formula and not text. Once I click on the cell, hit F2 to edit it and then enter, Excel realizes it's a formula and then calculates the value, Nope. The formula in the cell is going to be the UDF--not the what formula string looks like. You could add some more steps. Select the range (if more than one cell) Convert to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values) and finally edit|replace what: = (equal sign) with: = replace all And exce...

Extracting a word from a long text field
I have a text field (up to 200 characters) and I need to extract a specific word. The text field name is "MEDICATIONS" and the word I need to extract which might appear anywhere in the field is 'VENOFER'. The word need to be entered in a separate field in a query. Could any one help as to how to enter the code in the query? Thanking you Leo In the criteria I entered Like "VENOFER" Or "Venofer" It seems to work. Will it cause any problems down the line? In other wrods is this an acceptable procedure? "Leo" wrote: >...

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...

Largest text box
Hi there! I have 3 text boxes on my form and I need to find the largest number among the three. I tried =max([txt1],[txt2],txt3]) but this is obviously wrong. How can I do this? Thanks for all help offered! With Me If .txt 1 > .txt2 And .tx1 > txt3 Then 'Txt1 is greatest ElseIf .txt2 > .txt1 And .txt2 > .txt3 Then 'Txt2 is greatest Else 'txt3 is greatest End If End With -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Johnny Bright" wrote: > Hi there! > > I have 3 text boxes ...

Converting incoming email to plain text
Hi Is there any way I can configure Xch 5.5 to convert all received SMTP email to plain text ? I can't find any option. Thanks Dave ...

Plain text e-mail is double-spaced!
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2007 All my plain text e-mails sent, or received are formatted with double spaces. So This is line one This is line two This is line three ....looks like: This is line one This is line two This is line three How can I change this so I have single spacing??? Thanks, Peter On Mar 19, 5:08 pm, "Peter" <i...@peterssoftware.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm usingOutlook2007 > > All myplaintexte-mails sent, or received are formatted with double > spaces. So > > This is line one > This is line two > This is line three >...

Inserting text closing or begining salutations in Office 2007
hi. I am starting to get to grips with Office 2007. I like the program and it's changes, but I am struggling to find some of the items I used to use in the previous version. For instance, how do I add closing and opening salutations such as "yours sincerily" or "dear sir" etc that we used to be able to do in the version before this. I have looked, but can't sem to find it anywhere. I appreciate any help or pointers with this. Many thanks. ...

Insert query with two left outer joins gives "Record is Deleted" m
Hi, I have built an insert query to combine data from 3 tables into one table based on a key value (RA_ID) on a form. Two of the from tables may or may not have data associated with the main from table. So I have coded the select from statement using left outer joins. When I run the query with a row in the first child table but not in the second it works fine but when I run the query with a key value that exists in the 2nd child table but not in the first I get a message saying "record is deleted". Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? Here is the query......... ...

How do you remove auto indentation in text on PowerPoint?
I'm entering text on a 'Content' slide and the second line is automatically indented. I need this to line up on the leftside with the first line of text. The alignment is set for the left. Thanks. If you cannot see the ruler View > Ruler Then with the text selected move the bottom grey pointer to the left. Holding down CTRL may help. John "SherriG" <SherriG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E641735D-48C0-41BA-8DDE-783DAA26F4C1@microsoft.com... > I'm entering text on a 'Content' slide and the second line is ...