Text box with help instruction

Access 2003.
Hello Forum
I have a contnuos Form with two textboxes (txtbox1, txtbox2). When I click
txtbox1 I would like it to display an instruction next to the txtbox telling
for example: "Enter or write the City Name". If possible not a MsgBox.

How could I get that? Or can anyone point me in the direction of some
documentation that might help me.

Many thanks

Am 07.06.2010 01:49, schrieb sebastico:
> Access 2003.
> Hello Forum
> I have a contnuos Form with two textboxes (txtbox1, txtbox2). When I click
> txtbox1 I would like it to display an instruction next to the txtbox telling
> for example: "Enter or write the City Name". If possible not a MsgBox.
>
> How could I get that? Or can anyone point me in the direction of some
> documentation that might help me.
>
> Many thanks

Hey,

you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.

Regards
Jörn Bosse
0
UTF
6/7/2010 12:02:55 AM
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, J�rn Bosse <joernbosse@gmx.de> wrote:

>you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.

.... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Am 07.06.2010 02:14, schrieb John W. Vinson:
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, J�rn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
>
>> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>
> ... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
Well an other opportunity could be the ToolTip class by Stephen Lebans:

http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm
0
ISO
6/7/2010 12:58:56 AM
John

Excellent. Now my form provides an easy way to use.
Is there a way to increase the font size of the controltiptext?
"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse <joernbosse@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
> >If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>
> .... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Hi,

actually it was my answer :D but who cares. It´s just important that you
got your answer ;)
But there is no way to increase the font of the controltiptext. Sorry

Regards
Jörn

Am 07.06.2010 03:30, schrieb sebastico:

> John
>
> Excellent. Now my form provides an easy way to use.
> Is there a way to increase the font size of the controltiptext?
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
>>
>>> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>>> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>>
>> .... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
>> --
>>
>>               John W. Vinson [MVP]
>> .

0
UTF
6/7/2010 1:38:20 AM
Jörn
Very interesting and useful

Thank you very much indeed.

"Jörn Bosse" wrote:

> Am 07.06.2010 02:14, schrieb John W. Vinson:
> > On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
> >
> >> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
> >> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
> >
> > ... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
> Well an other opportunity could be the ToolTip class by Stephen Lebans:
>
> http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm
> .

help needed with email hiccup
Can anyone help me. I have just got a new laptop that had Vista already installed (first mistake apparently) and when i try and send bulk emails from my normal distribution lists some of them are undeliverable with the following message: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Anyone??? Karen http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011128331033.aspx "Kaz" <k.greedy@bigpond.com.au> wrote in message news:A9053A89-8CF4-4AC6-9E6E-32843A301FD5@microsoft.com... : Can anyone help me. I have just got a new laptop that had Vista already : ...

Excel Drop Down Box
I'm trying to edit an excel worksheet that has drop down boxes. However, the drop down boxes are not typical forms. These drop dow boxes appear to be normal cells (They contain text). When I click o the box, a little gray box shows up w/ a down arrow to the right of th cell. However, if you right click on the cell, there aren't an property options that are displayed. I was wondering if anybody had any idea what kind of drop down box thi is. How can I edit or create one -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds like it's under Data|Validation. chris313 wr...

how to select multiple text boxes in excel for formatting
I am trying to select multiple text boxes for formatting the font but seem unable to select all of them other than to click on each one individually. Is there an easy way to select all of the text boxes at once? To select multiple objects on the sheet -- Click on one object Hold the Ctrl key, and click on additional objects To select all the objects on the sheet -- Choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Or, to work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool to one of your toolbars: Choose Tools>Customize Select the Commands tab...

Select Names Dialog Box
Could someone help with the following? I am using Access 2003 with outlook 2003 and all I need to do is open outlook and for it to display the Select Names Dialog Box ( it would be nice to open outlook if it was closed) no more than that. Hence I am now after the code to go in the click event of the button. Any examples of VBA code that will work within Access 2003 would be appreciated The Select Names dialog box is programmable starting from Outlook 2007. You can't display it in Outlook 2003. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb176400.aspx --JP On Feb 5, 3:52=...

Help: Budget doesn't load bills for entire year
Budget reports only show the bill from the month it was created August and forward. Since I just upgraded from Quicken, all of the bills were paid before this month. How can I make money realize that the budget should include these as well. ...

Help! Outlook 2000 multiple e-mail accounts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. I have set up five different email accounts and when I click on "Send/Receive" I can see the five accounts listed, but when I click on any one of them, the Inbox does not change, it stays with the Default Inbox. Even the Login window appears and I enter the login info, it still stays with the Default Inbox. At this point I cnanot access other e-mail accounts other than the Default one which appears everytime I open Outlook. Any suggestions/comments/assistances is much appreciated. Thank you. Thomas Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail ...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

Counting Repeated text or duplicates in a list
I need a simple formula to count the total number of repeated text in a list (column). Say there is thousands of entries (confirmation numbers) both numeric, alphabetic and alpha-numeric but many of the entries are repeats. How can I calculate in one cell the total number of repeated instances in the list? And I can't sort the list, just calculate the number of repeated instances in the list just the way it is, and the list is still growing, so I need the formula to be able to count all instances in the list even as they are being added. plz help ! =COUNTA(A1:A50)-SUMPRODUCT((...

Office 2001 for Mac help needed!
As an undergrad, I received a copy of Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac and it is installed on my iMac that I used there. However, I just bought a new MacBook for graduate school and need to install Office on that computer now, but when I put the disk in and double click on install it wont work. All of the icons have an x on them and I believe it says it "This application cannot run on this system" or something to that effect. HELP! I need Office asap since classes start this week! Thank you Laura Hi Laura - Your best bet is to hie thee to the university bookstore & get the u...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

Help on percentages greater than 100
Thanks in advance for your assistance. I have a fairly larger list of numbers that needs to be divided to get a percntage. Due to restrictions, accesses etc some of the numbers which were accurate at the time will result in a number greater that 100%. These values (%) will eventually end up on a graph and should not exceed 100%. A B C 1 88 89 =b1/a1 (101%) 2 88 88 =b2/b2 (100%) the ( ) above are the results. What I need is a way to show the numbers that are > 100% but limit th...

How to create a scrollable dialog box ?
Hi I've created a dialog resource (it uses CDialog as the base class) that is longer than the height on the screen (this is for WinCE, but the question still applies to desktop windows). I want the user to be able to scroll down the dialog filling in data in editbox's as they go. How do I get the dialog to be scrollable (i.e. a scroll bar at the right hand side that works as a CScrollView would). In eVC++ (and in VC6 also) there is a box to tick of a vertical scrollbar (in the resource editor) but the scroll bar seems to be disabled at run time. Are there some window messages that ...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

help
Hi, I'm trying to turn the warning message off when I use: Cells.Replace What:="Z Divisional Totals", Replacement:="Divisional Totals", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False Second part is: Is there a way to check either the column and rows filled to create border where is pointed to "APPLYBORDER". Your help would be much apprecated. r = Range("A10").End(xlDown).Row ApplyBorder Range("A10", "A" & r) ApplyBorder Range("B10", "B" & r) ApplyBorder Range("C10", "C&qu...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Content Boxes not appearing on list forms (newform.aspx)
Morning, FYI: I have posted this question on the sharepoint msdn forums and got directed to the SBS newsgroup, I asked this same question there and have been directed to here, i would be very greatfull if someone could please help. I have many workstations (95% now) now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settin...

Help with passing a string variable into a parameter
hello! here is my problem. I have built a dynamic string called @filepath as char50 i need to place it in: SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', @filePath, 'SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]') does any one know the correct syntax??? for passing a parameter here OPENROWSET does not accept variables as arguments. You have to use dynamic SQL to build your query (append the @filePath) and execute. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com On Mar 11, 1:25=A0pm, Plamen Ratchev <Pla...@SQLStudio.com> wrote: > OPENROWSET does not accept variab...

Crime Analyst needs help...
I need an Excel macro to find clusters within a list of 6 figure eastin and northing co-ordinates. I can readily export a three column sprea sheet with the column headings: 'crime number' 'easting' 'northing' What I'm after is a Macro to produce additional columns with th headings: 'crimes within 10 metres' 'crimes within 50 metres' 'crimes within 100 metres' 'crimes within 1 kilometre' These can obviously be calculated from the easting and northin columns. I've had a go myself with no success. I've also looked on th web a...

Excel 2007 text flash (or blink)
This might have been asked before but if so I'm not finding it when I use a google groups search, mainly because of either none or too many answers returned depending on which keywords I use. Is it possible to make the text and/or the background in any individual cells to flash or blink ? In detail what I need to do is have a cell with a solid black background, text which is yellow, but blinking at a slow cadence, 1 sec on 1 sec off in such a way that it looks as if the text in the cell is flashing between off and on like a flashing light. -- Nick hi also have a look...

Convert Date Field to Text
I have created 2 tables, a Day table and Month table. I have two fields in both, Day table has Day, Text; Month table has Month, Text. I have a query combining the two so the query has Day, Days_Text, Month, Months_Text. What i wanted to do on one of my forms is have a date field using the short date so i can have the numeric value of course, is if the day of the month format is 'dd' or 'mm' it would look into either the table or query and bring back the text value, same for the month. Example: day '11', would read 'Eleventh', and month '09' would r...

Preprend Text Where Cell Not Empty
Good evening I have a spreadsheet used as a data source for a Word mail merge. The address data has "address1", "address2", etc. Address2 is used store apartment or unit numbers, but does not have a text prefix, just the bare number (Ex. "104"). I want to prepend a "#" before the apartment number (Ex. "# 104"). I generally get the concept that I want to the select the entire column to as a range, and increment down the column. However, if the cell is empty (as would be the case for a house), then we want to skip the cell w...

Why isn't the selected text replaced when I start typing?
When I select text and and start typing, the selected text is not replaced and remains as it was after what I typed. This also happens when I paste. This only happens with Microsoft Word. (I have Word 2003.) How can you stop this from happening? Tools | Options... and on the Edit tab ensure that 'Typing replaces selection' is selected. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "Phi96" <Phi96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4307E265-CDA1-41C4-9241-A18CF57BD2E3@microsoft.com... > When I select text and and start typing, the selected text is no...

clear historical quotes
I just upgraded to 2007 trial version (from 2003) and I find what appears to be an undocumented item, so I'm wondering what it does. I'm on the Portfolio Manager screen, and on the left side, I click on Other Tasks->More-> and there's a "Clear historical quotes" menu item. I don't find it documented in the help file, nor in the FAQ, nor on this newsgroup, yet. I'm wondering if anyone's been brave enough to click on it and could tell us what it does? Does it reduce the size of your file? How much? I would hope it does NOT just do a wholesale de...

Plae Help urgent! Recover exchange in a new active directory insta
Hi friends, i nedd your help, i lost my forest and i am trying to recover from backup, but i dont know if this works to active directory knows the exchange, i have to follow some procedure to do that, And if i cant recover my forest y should install a new active directory, and install exchang again, wich is the best way to recover the data from exchange, copy the db's to the exhang database path or what i should do to do that? Thanks a lot for your help Felipx start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;867704 "Felipex" <Felipex@discussions.micr...

Text to Column effecting automatically
Hi, Let's say I copy following text from some ASCII file and paste in to excel. Wer-67843-PLOU Qty-34r5-ASDE Then I use Excel's text to column feature on above and parse it with Hyphen as delimter. Wer 67843 PLOU Qty 34r5 ASDE Well and Good. Next time I copy text with similar structure from ASCII file and paste in to the ABOVE excel SESSION the parsing happens automatically. Now, sometimes I would like this to happen automatically while sometimes not (In the second case I have to go to the trouble of starting new excel sessions). Can this be feature be toggled on or off at use...