Text box with help instruction

Access 2003.
Hello Forum
I have a contnuos Form with two textboxes (txtbox1, txtbox2). When I click
txtbox1 I would like it to display an instruction next to the txtbox telling
for example: "Enter or write the City Name". If possible not a MsgBox.

How could I get that? Or can anyone point me in the direction of some
documentation that might help me.

Many thanks

Am 07.06.2010 01:49, schrieb sebastico:
> Access 2003.
> Hello Forum
> I have a contnuos Form with two textboxes (txtbox1, txtbox2). When I click
> txtbox1 I would like it to display an instruction next to the txtbox telling
> for example: "Enter or write the City Name". If possible not a MsgBox.
>
> How could I get that? Or can anyone point me in the direction of some
> documentation that might help me.
>
> Many thanks

Hey,

you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.

Regards
Jörn Bosse
0
UTF
6/7/2010 12:02:55 AM
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, J�rn Bosse <joernbosse@gmx.de> wrote:

>you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.

.... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Am 07.06.2010 02:14, schrieb John W. Vinson:
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, J�rn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
>
>> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>
> ... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
Well an other opportunity could be the ToolTip class by Stephen Lebans:

http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm
0
ISO
6/7/2010 12:58:56 AM
John

Excellent. Now my form provides an easy way to use.
Is there a way to increase the font size of the controltiptext?
"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse <joernbosse@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
> >If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>
> .... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Hi,

actually it was my answer :D but who cares. It´s just important that you
got your answer ;)
But there is no way to increase the font of the controltiptext. Sorry

Regards
Jörn

Am 07.06.2010 03:30, schrieb sebastico:

> John
>
> Excellent. Now my form provides an easy way to use.
> Is there a way to increase the font size of the controltiptext?
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
>>
>>> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
>>> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
>>
>> .... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
>> --
>>
>>               John W. Vinson [MVP]
>> .

0
UTF
6/7/2010 1:38:20 AM
Jörn
Very interesting and useful

Thank you very much indeed.

"Jörn Bosse" wrote:

> Am 07.06.2010 02:14, schrieb John W. Vinson:
> > On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:02:55 +0200, Jörn Bosse<joernbosse@gmx.de>  wrote:
> >
> >> you can add a controltiptext to yur textbox in the properties.
> >> If you move your mouse on this control, this message will be displayed.
> >
> > ... after a rather disconcerting two or three seconds delay.
> Well an other opportunity could be the ToolTip class by Stephen Lebans:
>
> http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm
> .

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

work order form and report design help
I am building an automotive shop database. I have a table that lists all of the services and the prices. I have the main form created where all of the customer data is entered in and I have another form that builds the work order for the customer. How do I build the form to allow for different services for the same customer without having to create service type 1, service type 2, etc. I need them to be independent of each other and I then need to create a report to print out for the customer. On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:24:01 -0700, Jimmy <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Dynamic List Box using VBA
I wasn't really sure how to phrase this one -- this isn't your Typical Drop-Down List. I have a SELECT statement which queries SQL Server 2005 and displays the data in Excel. Let's say that a database lists products that have been delivered to 4 different cities, on 3 seperate days -- without knowing (in advance) the delivery dates, how could I create an input/drop-down field to allow the user to specify a particular date? I envision something like this: VBA code produces a list box of delivery dates based on a particular product and city. The user selects a delivery date ...

Graph Help- 12 month graph, but only want months that have passed
I need help setting up a graph. It is a simple bar graph, that has the months of the year on the x axis, and production in tons on the y axis. I have a table setup for this Jan to Dec, but obviously only have data for Jan through May. Is there a way I can set up the graph so it will only make the graph Jan through May, but as I add more data, and months go by, it will automatically add a new column for June, then July and so on and so on? I do not want the months that have no data to be graphed with a value of zero, I would rather them show up automatically when that month has data....

Help with Html Help in MFC
Hi; I am using Visual Studio .net 2003. I have created a CDhtmldialog. I also created a html help file using Html help workshop. According to some source from web saying that I can call this method: BOOL HtmlHelp( HWND hWndMain, LPCTSTR lpszHelp, UINT uCommand, DWORD dwData ), directly from anywhere in my code. So I include the htmlhelp.h and htmlhelp.lib to the project. But I don't know how to call this method, since there is a another htmlhelp method in Cdialog too: HtmlHelp( DWORD_PTR dwData, UINT nCmd = 0x000F ); Please give me a hand. Thx in advance. Pan Wilson. ...

VLOOKUP help!
I have 2 worksheets with ID numbers in separate comlums . When I use vlookup it gives me a N/A value in return. I have formatted cells as "text" as "general" - tried all sorts, but it still does not return a value. This is a simple vlookup action and I am getting no-where. I simply want to find out if the ID on 1 list is also on the other list! Please always post your formula. Formatting makes no difference. Some data may look like numbers but are actually text. Formatting doesn't change that. You can find out with the ISNUMBER() function. If numbers are actual...

PST Nightmare
Hey there, This is the last resort for sanity. My PST which holds ALL of my emails is on an external HD, which worked fine up until last week, is over the limit. I did find this out the hard way and ran the SCNPST as well as teh PST2GB things and still nothing. What confuses me is that once i ran the PST2GB thing it told me to complete it with the SCNPST but it would not do it :( The latest and greatest trimming through PST2GB has brought the size down to 1.9GB and some change but still no cigar... Now outlook is giving me the error:"..is not compatible with this versio...

Transparent text on picture in Word
I have a picture I have placed into a word document. I now want to add text over the picture that will appear transparent. Essentially the picture is a scenery pciture and I want to add a poem that appears over the picture. How can I do this? Although you can place your text in a text box with No Line and No Fill, it would make more sense to use the document body for your text and set the wrapping on the picture to Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Tony" <Tony@discussions.mic...

Fuse box stencil?
I need to create something to help me identify the switches in my home's fuse box. (I set off the smoke alarm at 11:45 p.m. New Year's Eve because I had a candle burning almost directly under it for several hours.) It was late and I was desperately trying to figure out which switch controlled which circuit. That blasted noise and the knowledge that my neighbor had to hear it didn't help. Surely I'm not the first person to do this. And if I am, so be it. I'll start from scratch but I'm hoping someone can help me. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

Help please - tried everything - nothing works
Hi I look after a network for a charity in the UK. We recently implemented web content filtering using Webmarshal from netiq. Users now access the internet using webmarshal's inbuilt proxy server. Since introducing this, users of MS Publisher can no longer access online clipart from within the Publisher programme - by doing a search. You can however view online content by browsing categories in clip organiser. I've been assuming that the issue is with the proxy server configuration and have added various microsoft.com addresses (the ones I've found reference to in Newsgroups) ...

Help me! About CTreeCtrl CustomDraw.
Hi: I use CustomDraw to custom color of my CTreeCtrl. All color was setted as I wish except the backcolor of left position line that always is white. Please help me! These is my source codes about I custom my CTreeCtrl: void MyTreeCtrl::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { m_clrTextBk = ::g_ShowSetting.iTextBKColor;//the back color of my text m_clrText = ::g_ShowSetting.iTextFontColor;//the color of my text m_clrBkgnd = ::g_ShowSetting.iTextBKColor; //the color of background LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW lplvcd = (LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW)pNMHDR; switch(lplvcd->nmcd.dwDrawStage) { ...

Help needed with form problem
Workbook contains several forms of varying style and function. One form shows the results of 10 recent tests in a countdown fashion, showing just the results of one test, followed by a one-second delay, followed by just the results of the second test, and so on until the result of each of the 10 tests has been shown. Then the program proceeds on to the next step by calling up a different form. The problem . . . Sometimes when the program starts running one or two of the forms are blanked out ("white" with just the top header showing). The forms continue to function within the ...

Voting Buttons -- Missing drop-down box in Tracking tab
I have a user on Office 2003 who uses voting buttons in Outlook. She claims that on the Tracking tab of her sent message, a drop-down box should appear at the right side of each user's "response" column showing the voting options -- for her to manually populate if the respondent verbally replies to her. Our outlook 2003 does not have this. I can find nothing on it. What is she talking about, and how can I set up this feature for her? -- Lisa M I think she's wrong. That function exists in a Meeting's Tracking table, not a vote related tracking table from an em...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

Vlookup Formula help required?
I'm trying to run the following formula:- =IF(B2="","",VLOOKUP($B2,'Data Field'!$A$7:$B$12,2)) I need the formula to run in each cell from B2 to B10000. I know I can drag the formula down through each cell. But this increases the size of the sheet. Is there any way to have the formula run in each of these cells without dragging down? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "Alan T" <Alan.T.x34nm@excelforum-nospam....

[Help] Tape Backup Developing
In order to develop tape backup program under Windows, I have just read "Microsoft Tape Format v1.0", and think I should follow the guidance of MTF. The question is: 1) There are many complex control structures (as many as 8 types of HEADERs) to store information such as volume, directory and file name; 2) But the Windows API only provides very simple (low level) Read/Write operations. Does it means that I must manually fill out those structures in accordance with the MTF and write them to the tape one by one? That will be a very big burden to us programmer! Any suggestions or re...

HTML Help Redistribution
Do I have to redistribute and run hhupd.exe to ensure that html help files can be displayed on a target computer or does statically linking in htmlhelp.lib satisfy the requirements ? "Ian Semmel" <anyone@rocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:%23yvQkPhsIHA.4840@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Do I have to redistribute and run hhupd.exe to ensure that html help files > can be displayed on a target computer or does statically linking in > htmlhelp.lib satisfy the requirements ? I believe every version of Windows since Windows 95 has included the HTML help engine....

Help using Tables
Hi guys! I need some help. I have a table that has a percentage range. Like this. Less than 90% 0 90.0% 90.9% $ 2,625 91.0% 91.9% $ 3,413 92.0% 92.9% $ 4,200 93.0% 93.9% $ 4,988 94.0% 94.9% $ 5,775 95.0% 95.9% $ 6,563 96.0% 96.9% $ 7,350 97.0% 97.9% $ 8,138 98.0% 98.9% $ 8,925 99.0% 99.9% $ 9,713 100.0% 100.9% $ 10,500 101...

please help me to fix this mapi32.dll
Hi there, =20 I really hope that you could help with this.. I've been=20 searching all over the place to find a simple answer =20 I have this message when open up Outlook 2000 and=20 sometimes when I open a new Windows XP Pro session "The procedure entry point WNETEnumCachedPasswords could=20 not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.DLL" What can I do to solve the problem? Except for that message, everything seems to be working=20 just fine..=20 I saw in other chatroom that this has to do with the=20 CorelDraw 7 that I've installed. It's now uninstalled =20 I have...

how do I angle text in Publisher
I want to create an invitation for my son's Star Wars birthday party and would like to angle the text ot text box like the opening scroll in Star wars. Any help? Try the WordArt. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kmc17" <kmc17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D1DB10C-A9A1-45D5-9A0F-02FD746E2CE4@microsoft.com... >I want to create an invitation for my son's Star Wars birthday party and > would like to angle the text ot text box like the opening scroll in Star > wars. Any help? kmc17 wrote: > I want to create an...

How to get combo box selected index changed event in another page from the existing page in winforms
Hi, I am working on windows forms project. I have two winforms (window1 and window2). I have a combobox called cmbEmail in window1 and Textbox called txtName in window2. I want to retrieve some information into the txtName in window2 when I selected something from cmbEmail in window1. If I write code to retrieve something into the txtName (which is in window2) in cmbEmail SelectedIndexchanged event in window1, I will get an error of txtName doesn't exist in this page. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.. Thanks and Regards Naresh "Naresh" &...

eConnect Help #2
I have installed eConnect on my laptop (XP SP2) and am trying to integrate into a local GP install. I've set up a DTS task that puts the xml file into the econnect_incoming80 queue. The DTS runs successfully, but nothing gets through to GP. The event log shows 2 errors : 8.0.4.0 System.Messaging System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot find a formatter capable of reading this message. at System.Messaging.Message.get_Body() at eConnect_Incoming.Send_To_Deadletter(MessageQueue q, Message m, Exception Exp) and eConnect Incoming Service Version=8.0.4.0 Message Label:Data File Mes...

Help with formula #22
Hello! I use this formula to extract data from a pricelist. I found this formula on the net (thanks to whoever who made it). {=INDEX(B93:E302;MATCH(Pris!I2&Pris!G2;A92:A301&B92:B301;0);Match(Pris!H2;92:92;1))} The problem I have is that it only allows exact match on the first two lookups, I can not change the type from 0 to 1 or -1 to allow for a not exact match like I have done in the third lookup. Column A is a name for fifferent pricelists,Column B is length in kilometers and Row 1 is weight in kilos. First I lokkup which pricelist to use then the length and then the weight. A...

need help from Excel Pro....
I have a spreadsheet with 2 worksheets. 1 worksheet has a list of numerical codes with data in two other columns that are associated with each code. I want to be able to enter any one of those numerical codes into the second worksheet and have it automatically pull in the associated data to those codes. Can someone tell me how or point me in the right direction for information to accomplish this. Huge Thanks!!! Dan Brimley wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with 2 worksheets. 1 worksheet has a list of > numerical codes with data in two other columns that are associated > with each ...