telnet client in access form

Hello.
I am trying to creat a form for work that involves connecting to a telnet
server to automatically send and retreive specified data.  I am new to VB and
I am not sure why my code is not working... anybody help me out?  Here is the
code that seems to be generating the error:
telnet.RemoteHost = "HOST"
telnet.RemotePort = 23
End Sub

(obviously i have replaced removed the host name since i am posting this)

Exchange Client IP Address
Exchange Server-2003 Exchange Clients - Office 2003 Hi, I suspects that one of my clients is sending spam. I enabled message tracking and enabled the SMTP log files,icluding all the extended properties available. (Some of the outgoing mails has <> in the "From" field and in the queue i can see its probably the Postmater replying to the originators wich are most of the time other spammers sending to my domain junk mail.) Is there a way where i can see the IP Address of my client besides of his mail address? Thanks, Shif Arad ...

ACCESS on a new iBook?
Hi, Has anyone any experience on running Access under Virtual PC or similar? I have a new model iBook 1.42 Ghz, 512MB RAM (soon to be upped to 1 GB) and 10.4.6. I'm wanting it to brush up my knowledge for use at work so won't be using huge data sets, just playing with new builds & small amounts of test data. I don't really want to buy an old PC just for this so just wanted to check it wouldn't be unusably slow under virtualisation software. Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers Jason ____ Hi Jason, Microsoft Access works fine in Virtual PC. Yes, it's slightly...

accessing ActiveX control enums in MFC
I have an ActiveX contol whose tlb (using OLE/COM viewer) shows // There are a couple of more of these, but this is typical example typedef enum { RF_MCS86 = 1, RF_BINARY = 2, RF_ASCII_BINARY = 3 } EROMFormat; This enum is accessed from another function from within the control as STDMETHOD Func(SAFEARRAY **Ptr, EROMFormat Fmt, Long * Retval) I have dropped the control onto my form and MFC has generated the wrappers for the methods except for the ones having SAFEARRAY arguments Now, not only does MFC not generate the function because of the familiar // method &...

Can we use group policy templates for Outlook client options
Hi there, We are looking to automate the CRM outlook client settings so we don't have to manually change them for each user. Is there any way we can do this through group policy or another way? It would be handy if we had a list of registry settings that we could use? Thanks ...

Changing cell values through form
Hi... I'm not that good with access so I decided to look for help here. I have a table filled with drivers. Starting number, Driver name, and Number of laps are the columns. My Idea is to make a form that will list all the drivers, and add a value of +1 into the "Number of laps" cell to that driver when double clicked. That would be a sort of Lap counter form... Every suggestion is welcome. -- ::: www.ktvj-online.com - Motocros Portal ::: ::: www.forum.ktvj-online.com - Forum ::: ...

PST file will not allow me access
I have a pst file from Office 2000 that I copied to cd. AS I tried to add it to my new computer and office 2003 I get the message that I do not have rights to access this file. How can I reset the permissions? There is not any password on it that I set by choice. Thanks Sal ...

VPN and Public folders access
Hi all I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing group, two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5 server. All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all connected by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when a user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to there network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there username password, this mail server is in another ...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

Exchange 2003 OWA Forms Security
Hi All, I am testing an interesting scenario - If a user is logged into OWA and then the account is disabled, the user can still actively send emails. I am thinking this may hold true for mobile access as well. We are running Exch 2003 SP2 ENT on Win 2003 SP2 ENT with a FE/BE configuration with Forms based authentication enabled for OWA. My timeouts are 15 mins for 'Public' and 8 hrs for 'Private'. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way for us to force a re-authentication or something else without reducing the timeouts? Is this a known issue? Tha...

Windows.Forms.ListView.ListVewItemCollection.IndexOfKey function
Hi, How can I set the string "key" value that is the argument for the function Windows.Forms.ListView.ListVewItemCollection.IndexOfKey(string key) ? Niether the string value for public string ListViewItem.ImageKey { get; set; } or the string "text" argument for the constructor ListViewItem::ListViewIem(stirng text) work. Thanks, invegat On 12/12/2009 6:57 PM, invegat wrote: > Hi, > > How can I set the string "key" value that is the argument for the > function > Windows.Forms.ListView.ListVewItemCollection.IndexOfKey(string...

Allen Browne's search form
I have created a search form using Allen Browne's where string solution http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html Does anyone know how I can change the form to be able to click on one of the results and open another form (my input form) at this particular record. Could it be done on a double click of the record. Use the DblClick event procdure of whichever control you want (or several if you like.) It will involve OpenForm, with a WhereCondition. For example, if you have a numeric field named ID, and you want to open Form2: DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", WhereCondition:= "ID ...

Reconcile to GL access
Can anyone tell me how to grant a user access to the reconcile to gl routine? I've marked "reconcile purchasing", but this isn't it. I can't find a "reconcile to gl"option to mark under financial or purchasing. Thank You. Tracey Hi Tracey, The "Reconcile to GL" window is under the access list of: Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP Type: Windows Series: Financial In GP 10, you need to accomplish this by providing access to the Security Tasks Setup window while in GP 9 and below this under User Security. Hope this helps! Chee...

Removing Anonymous Access on Backend Exchange Servers
Hi, We are running Backend & Front End Exchange Servers, Front End the anonymous access has been disabled. I am in the process of removing anonymous access in Backend also, but the problem is there are many applications which are using backend servers to send mails, most of it can be configured to authenticate before sending mails, but there are a quite a few legacy applications which cannot authenticate before sending mails (The code is not opensource & cannot be modified). I tried to allow relaying based on IP's, but still those legacy machines are not able to send mail...

Viewing OWA using the Outlook Full Client Browser
I just tried to access my corporate email account using OWA from within the Outlook full client running on my personal machine. I find it quite funny that OWA serves up its non-IE version when displayed using browser built into Outlook. Not really considering Outlook is running in a much higher security configuration than Internet Explorer and has a lot of features disabled. Just curious; why are you accessing the OWA website via Outlook? Ask your email admin if they also offer direct access to the corporate email servers via Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP). -- Robe...

Access 03-17-08
From a menu designed using access a query was run and the response we received says the records are deleted. The query's function is to search a table which has 6,000 records. The table with the records can be seen. However We cannot cannot do sorts or run queries on it. How do we free up the data access says is deleted.? It also says unrecognized data format when we try to look at the individual from related the the query on the menu. At times like this, nothing beats a good backup. In fact make a complete backup of your database now and put it away for safe keeping. AFTER makin...

Exchange 2003 send multiple copies of same email to clients!
I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003. It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2 things and think they are related. Firts if there is no subject for email being recieved it will hang on that email and never download to client using OutLook or Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal. Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of the same email. I have one now that has four copies and everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy. Any help as always appreci...

ReInstallation of Outlook Client off line version on Vista Office 2007 Version 3.0vc
Has anybody successfully managed to achieve this as i need to add a new user to a vista machine which already has a CRM offline user attached. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/removeclient.mspx Following the above link i know works fine for XP and 2003, but as things have changed in 2007 the above i am sure would not work with the new SQL Database that is installed with Vista and Outlook 2007. Any ideas. ...

Open form to a particular record
Hi, I have a continuous form listing some employees. One of the fields displayed is the EmployeeID field. Is it possible to double-click a particular EmployeeID field on the continuous form and another form (called "frmEmployees") open and display the record for the employee that I double clicked? I tried the following code and the frmEmployee form opened but at the first record, not the record for the person I double-clicked in the continuous form. ********************************* Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "[EmployeeID] = """ & Me.[Emplo...

Merging queries by column in access
Hi, I have a series of queries which get data aggregated by year, e.g. select year(date), min(var1), avg(var1), max(var1) from table where (ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) select year(date), min(var2), avg(var2), max(var2) from table where (entirely different ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) etc etc There are six queries like this so what I want is to amalgamate these columns together into one results table (and also into one query so users can just run one stored query rather than six!) as follows: year, m...

threads accessing private methods
Hi! Here is a simple example on a timer accessing the private method timer_Elapsed. This works fine. In this example one might consider that the timer_Elapsed must be public because the one that is calling is not within the class. So I just wonder is it always in such a way that when the framework or the OS is calling upon a method it can be declared as private and it will work ? class Test { static void Main() { Timer timer = new Timer(); timer.Elapsed += new ElapsedEventHandler(timer_Elapsed); timer.Interval = 1000; timer.Enabl...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

Form with an unbound combo box.
I´m trying to create a database but I take some examples from Inside Out 2007 by Viescas.I create a tblTeams ( TeamID,TeamName) tblPlayers(PlayerID) and tblTeamPlayers(TeamID,TeamName,PlayerID). I create a form based on qryplayers and I need a combobox "unbound?" called TeamName based on qlkqTeams but when I try to open the combobox always shows the TeamID instead of TeamName. In the sample database "Contacts" from Viescas the CompanyName is display in the combobox CompanyID. I don´t really Know how this happen.Can anybody give me an idea of how this...

client rect (in sense of "client rect" ;-) of a Groupbox...
guess m_Groupbox is a groupbox and m_Button is ... you know what it is ;-) .... ___________________________________ RECT rc; m_Groupbox.GetClientRect(&rc); ScreenToClient(&rc); m_Button.Create("test", WS_VISIBLE | BS_PUSHBUTTON, rc, &m_Groupbox, 1000); ___________________________________ this creates a button that fills the whole groupbox, overwriting all borders and the groupbox' caption text. so, without depending on additional static placeholders or magic numbers: how do i get the "client rect" eg. the rectangle usable for clients like my button? TIA...

Client Licenses
My switches failed on me while people were logged into Outlook 2000 and now after the switches are fixed, some cannot access email. They get a message about there being no client licenses. Can I clear out something without having to reboot? I have a Windows NT 4.0 SP6a server running Exchange 5.5 SP4. Thanks, John On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:06:59 -0400, "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote: >My switches failed on me while people were logged into Outlook 2000 and now >after the switches are fixed, some cannot access email. They get a message >about there bei...

Access denied to event invitation
People I invite to a calendar event get an access denied error when the try to accept -- jquinter ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jquintero's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=214 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187052813 ...