tabs on change

I have Reservationfrm with tabCtrlReservations. Reservationfrm has a subform
Jobfrm with with tabControlInvoice.

I want to prevent movement away from tabControlInvoice should the user click
on a tab of tabCtrlReservations when conditions are met.

Can/will someone show me the way?

Thanks in advance.

In the tab control's On Change event (not the tab page itself but the overall
control), put something like:

If WhateverCondition = Whatever Then
   tabControlInvoice.SetFocus
End If

Since I don't know your exact conditions or control names I can't give you
exact specifics, but if you run into problems figuring that out post back.
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"redFred" wrote:

> I have Reservationfrm with tabCtrlReservations. Reservationfrm has a subform
> Jobfrm with with tabControlInvoice.
>
> I want to prevent movement away from tabControlInvoice should the user click
> on a tab of tabCtrlReservations when conditions are met.
>
> Can/will someone show me the way?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply.

My user is on Reservationfrm!Jobfrm tabControlInvoice and clicks on the
Reservationfrm tabCtrlReservations.  That's where I want to go back (upon
condition) to tabControlInvoice.

I have 10 tabs on tabCtrlReservation and 4 tabs on tabControlInvoice.

I don't want the user to move away from the current tab (on
tabControlInvoice) to tabCtrlReservation, subject to the condition.

Help!

"boblarson" wrote:

> In the tab control's On Change event (not the tab page itself but the overall
> control), put something like:
>
> If WhateverCondition = Whatever Then
>    tabControlInvoice.SetFocus
> End If
>
> Since I don't know your exact conditions or control names I can't give you
> exact specifics, but if you run into problems figuring that out post back.
> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> Utter Access VIP
> Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> __________________________________
> If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
>

> "redFred" wrote:
>
> > I have Reservationfrm with tabCtrlReservations. Reservationfrm has a subform
> > Jobfrm with with tabControlInvoice.
> >
> > I want to prevent movement away from tabControlInvoice should the user click
> > on a tab of tabCtrlReservations when conditions are met.
> >
> > Can/will someone show me the way?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Without seeing the exact conditions and control names I can't give you exact
code.  I already gave you the base which is what would work but you would
have to substitute the correct names.
--

"redFred" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> My user is on Reservationfrm!Jobfrm tabControlInvoice and clicks on the
> Reservationfrm tabCtrlReservations.  That's where I want to go back (upon
> condition) to tabControlInvoice.
>
> I have 10 tabs on tabCtrlReservation and 4 tabs on tabControlInvoice.
>
> I don't want the user to move away from the current tab (on
> tabControlInvoice) to tabCtrlReservation, subject to the condition.
>
> Help!
>

> "boblarson" wrote:
>
> > In the tab control's On Change event (not the tab page itself but the overall
> > control), put something like:
> >
> > If WhateverCondition = Whatever Then
> >    tabControlInvoice.SetFocus
> > End If
> >
> > Since I don't know your exact conditions or control names I can't give you
> > exact specifics, but if you run into problems figuring that out post back.
> > --
> > Bob Larson
> > Access World Forums Super Moderator
> > Utter Access VIP
> > Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> > __________________________________
> > If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> >

> > "redFred" wrote:
> >
> > > I have Reservationfrm with tabCtrlReservations. Reservationfrm has a subform
> > > Jobfrm with with tabControlInvoice.
> > >
> > > I want to prevent movement away from tabControlInvoice should the user click
> > > on a tab of tabCtrlReservations when conditions are met.
> > >
> > > Can/will someone show me the way?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

Thanks again.

Reservationfrm contains a tab control named tabCtrlReservations.

On that tab control is a subform named Jobfrm which is on a tab control
named tabJob.

On Jobfrm is a tab control named tabControlInvoice.

On that tab control is a subform named Laborfrm which is on tabLabor.

While the focus us on Laborfrm, user should be unable to leave the tabLabor
until conditions are met. The condition test is not an issue for me, the code
to stay at tabLabor is.  That code should be in Laborfrm's onChange event --
I think.

Does this clarify my issue?

"boblarson" wrote:

> Without seeing the exact conditions and control names I can't give you exact
> code.  I already gave you the base which is what would work but you would
> have to substitute the correct names.
> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> Utter Access VIP
> Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> __________________________________
> If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
>

> "redFred" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > My user is on Reservationfrm!Jobfrm tabControlInvoice and clicks on the
> > Reservationfrm tabCtrlReservations.  That's where I want to go back (upon
> > condition) to tabControlInvoice.
> >
> > I have 10 tabs on tabCtrlReservation and 4 tabs on tabControlInvoice.
> >
> > I don't want the user to move away from the current tab (on
> > tabControlInvoice) to tabCtrlReservation, subject to the condition.
> >
> > Help!
> >

> > "boblarson" wrote:
> >
> > > In the tab control's On Change event (not the tab page itself but the overall
> > > control), put something like:
> > >
> > > If WhateverCondition = Whatever Then
> > >    tabControlInvoice.SetFocus
> > > End If
> > >
> > > Since I don't know your exact conditions or control names I can't give you
> > > exact specifics, but if you run into problems figuring that out post back.
> > > --
> > > Bob Larson
> > > Access World Forums Super Moderator
> > > Utter Access VIP
> > > Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> > > __________________________________
> > > If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...

Tab create option barred
Hi, I am right clicking on one of my tabs to get access to the menu t create another tab, but my file does not want to give me access to it how do I fix that? Regard -- sona ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sonar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=842 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27136 Is your workbook shared? (Look for [Share] on the title bar.) Is your workbook protected? (Look under Tools|protection|(un)protect workbook.) sonar wrote: > > Hi, > >...

Change the name of CRM
Because of the failed implementations of CRM (all vendors), many customers or prospect think the same about Microsoft Dynamics CRM, so could be a good approach talk about Business Processes Automation like Sales, Marketing and Services… Dynamics BPA (Business Processes Automation) Dynamics BPM (Business Processes Management) Microsoft Dynamics only.. Or any Dynamics and without CRM … ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Typing HTE automatically changes to THE and I don't want to
HTE is an acronym I use frequently and it won't let me put it in a call without converting it to the article "THE" Excel is trying to "correct" your spelling. To fix this: Tools > Options > Spelling > Autocorrect > and remove the correction. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Orange&Blue" wrote: > HTE is an acronym I use frequently and it won't let me put it in a call > without converting it to the article "THE" What version of Excel are you using? It's an AutoCorrect rule that's causi...

tab key
Hi, Normally, In Execl sheet,if I want to move form one cell to the next cell, I just use "Tab Key". if I want to move form one cell to another which is not next to each other, please tell me what i shoul do? For example: After entering information on cell (A1)and then press the ENTER KEY, I would like my cursor directly move to (E2), instead of cell (B1) Thank you very much Chi Huynh ...

Cannot change date format
We have CRM 4.0 installed, and I've been asked to change the Date Format displayed from US (mm/dd/yyyy) to UK (dd/mm/yyyy). Following the Settings -> Administration -> System Settings, and then the Formats tab I've changed the Current Format to "English (United Kingdom)" and this appears to show the Short Date in the correct format. If I then create a new Activity and set the date, it comes out 06/25/2008, which is not what I want. I've been in and tried to change the settings to, say, Gujerati (India) and although it saves this choice, it doesn't affect the ...

Manually linking items to contacts Activities tab in outlook 2007
I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their "activities" tab. But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help. Did i find it maybe? do i r-click the message and choose "message options" and then fill out "contact" field? i'm used to the lingo "link to" from older versions of OL---this seems a bit time-consuming "runspud" wrote: > I ...

Add right justfied tab to a textframe via VBA (Office 2007)
I'm using Access to build a series of data driven slides, mostly textframes with special formatting. With help from a variety of individuals in the PowerPoint community, I'm almost done. However, one of my text frames will include some text, followed by a date on each row. What I would like to do, is be able to embedd tabs in the text string that I am passing to a function. The function creates the textframe and does the formatting. So, how do I add a right justified tab formatting to the text frame, so that the tabs that are embedded in the text between the events a...

Change Color of Worksheet Tabs?
Excel 2003. Can I change the colors of the tabs along the bottom with worksheets names on them so they will stand out from one another? Thanks in advance... Bob Yes- Right click on the tab and select tab color. "Bob Newman" wrote: > Excel 2003. Can I change the colors of the tabs along the bottom with > worksheets names on them so they will stand out from one another? > > Thanks in advance... Bob > > > Had a play around found it must have something to do with the " N" (th leading space) If I take out the space it works, has VB not got a $ ...

Windows Live Mail Closes instantly if Indent or Tab in Subject Lin
If Windows Live Mail has an indent or tab in the Subject Line and I place the cursor line over this, then the program shuts down instantly. It closes out. It exits. This has happened repeatedly all the time for about one month for me now. If I go to the website and view the mail there, I do not see any indents or tabs in the subject line. This leads me to believe it is a bug in Windows Live Mail, in my Windows Professional XP SP3 with 2 GB's of RAM. On the website I delete the emails as I remember them from the desktop program and all is okay. The emails with the indents...

Changing Default Font
Attempting to change my default Font for e-mail, When I hit "Default" it tells me that I am changin all future settings, do I want this," and I reply yes the message disappears, but the Fonts do not change, but remain as the font I am trying to change. ...

File asks me to save when I haven't changed a thing
Why do some files ask me to save the changes I made when closing them, when I haven't made any changes whatsoever? -- GYRO ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GYRO's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29994 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499058 Do you have any formulas in your workbook like NOW(), TODAY(), INDIRECT, OFFSET etc.? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "GYRO" <GYRO.21a96m_1136668200.5897@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

How do I change a template from greyscale to color?
I am using a Publisher template in greyscale and would like to change the entire publication to color. Was the template color originally? Open the Color Scheme menu (Format), does selecting a different color scheme change the template colors? There is a picture reset icon on the picture toolbar, have you tried it? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jnb1258" <jnb1258@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16388F05-8794-4B12-B7DF-2CFB12A1F77D@microsoft.com... >I am using a Publisher templat...

Changing all Formulas to Absolute References
Hi Is there a way to change all the existing formulas in a workbook to Absolute cell references? Thanks -A "Arska" wrote... >Is there a way to change all the existing formulas in a workbook to >Absolute cell references? Using a macro, yes. Sub foo() Dim ws As Worksheet, c As Range For Each ws in ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets For Each c In ws.UsedRange If c.HasFormula Then _ c.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(c.Formula, xlA1, , xlAbsolute) Next c Next ws End Sub -- Never attach files. Snip unnecessary quoted text. Never multipost (though crossposting is usuall...

Is there a way that you can change the appearance of the office 2008 products
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop In Microsoft Office 2007 you can change the look of the computer. In Mac and office 2008 the appearance is limited. There seems to be only to colours available Graphite and Mac Blue is there more available and if so where can i find them? Graphite and Word Blue are the only colours available for Word 2008. In the other Office apps, the blue is replaced with orange and green, respectively. There are no other options to choose from, and these colours only affect the Elements Gallery. As...

Macro Change Date for Report
I have a macro to print the Historical Stock Status. As part of it I need to change the "as of Date". I have the macro copy the date from the System Date window. In the original macro there is a type to line and it puts the date in that was in the copy command. I take out the type line and leave the Command Edit Paste in the macro. When the macro runs I get a command disabled in the macro log when it goes to paste the date in the as of field. Suggestions on changing the date? Thanks roland Roland, Why not change the setup of the report you're using to have Current Dat...

Excel only showing one tab when many workbooks are open
I am running excel 2000, and I am having a problem which has just started. When I have multiple workbooks open there is only one tab for excel in the taskbar, i.e. I cannot access the different workbooks using the taskbar - instead I have to minimise the current workbook to see the other workbooks. Hope this is making sense. Is there a setting I can adjust to get the functionality back again? Hi Graham Tools>Options>View>select Windows in Taskbar -- Regards Roger Govier "Graham Whitehead" <gwhitehead77@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:usp16cRlGHA.43...

SQL to change closing totals
What tables do I need to fix if I entered a wrong closing amount for a particular tender type? What is the SQL to do this? I erroneously entered $0 for checks for the day, then ran a Z-report. Thus, I was short for the day by the amount of the checks. I know I will never be able to fix the Journal, but I want to fix the database for reporting purposes. ------=_NextPart_0001_31A52B4D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Jason, This is a relatively simple task. The first thing you should do is make a backup of your database before proceeding... Once you ha...

Change email address of Non-Delivery Reports
Currently, all our NDRs have a FROM address which is the previous sys admin's name. But where do I change this so that NDR's FROM address is my name? Exchange 2003 -- | +-- JDMils | You will need to write your own event sinks to accomplish this. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsmtps/html/writingmngsinks.asp James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTP JDMils wrote: > Currently, all our NDRs have a FROM address which is the previous sys > admin's name. But where do I change this so that NDR's FROM address is my > name? Exchange 2003 &...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...

Changing mail file locations, correct method?
I've read instructions here for default location of Win Live Mail files and how to change folders and drives. But what is the right method to use when changing location of new incoming mail files...........and existing email files and subject folders. Should I just gang copy all of the existing folders from one disk to the other....before or after I change the location for new incoming mail? I sure don't want to mess up my email any more after a debacle when I upgraded to Win 7 from Vista! Help on method please................and thanks! If you wish to change the locati...

Changing the window size when initialising a Service Activity.
Does anybody know how i can change the window size when you open up an Service Activity Basically at the moment the screen opens up in the middle of the screen at a set size, and i am looking for a full screen when opening a brand new service activity so the user can get straight down to putting the data down rather than having to manipulate the screen to see all the information beforehand. You can apply this code on the OnLoad event of the Service Activity (this is for 1024x768 but you can adjust it to whatever you'd like. //====Re-Size Windows to 1024 x 768====== { window.resizeTo(1...

Expand the article comments on the Comments tab
As it is now, when there are comments about an article, one must open each one individually to read it, then close it. This makes it very hard to scan all the comments about an article. If the comments could be listed down the page, one after the other, reading them would be much easier. BTW, a workaround I am considering, where possible, would be to write very brief comments in the "Title" field, as the titles *are* shown in the list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this sugge...

How to temporarily change REPLY TO address in specific messages only (like in Outlook)?
I can't find out how to do this in OE, though Outlook has the option to set a different REPLY TO address for a specific email, without having to change the information globally in the account information under TOOLS. Also, my email sniffer has an extra field labelled REPLY TO where I just type in the different address the few times I need to do that at any given moment> Does anyone know how to do this in OE, though? In OE, the only way is in Tools | Accounts........... -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "StargateFan&quo...

Excel 97
We have a worksheet to insert daily sales figures into during the course of a month. Is there a way to lock the formulas in a cell so that if someone enters the wrong info they don't erase the formulas along with the bad info? Thanks, Jeff Here's a couple of steps: Select all data input cells to be left *unlocked* (If you hold down Ctrl key, you can select multiple discontiguous input ranges with the mouse in 1 swoop) Click Format > Cells > Protection tab Uncheck "Locked" > OK Click Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet Enter password > OK Re-enter to co...