Subtracting value from main form

I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I
have get the structure of returning it separately.
In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed
quantity (will be calculated).
In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in
the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity
owed.
But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form
and the other is in subform?

EMILYTAN

Hi,
I can solve it already.
Thanks to those who take to have a look at this....

EMILYTAN wrote:
>I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I
>have get the structure of returning it separately.
>In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed
>quantity (will be calculated).
>In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in
>the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity
>owed.
>But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form
>and the other is in subform?

EMILYTAN

Link pop up form data with main form data
I have a main form with a block of data that cannot be edited. This is what I want to happen. I have the block of data when Dbl clicked it will open a smaller pop up form with the data block in it. This can be edited. The problem is even if I change my record on the main form and Dbl click the data block the smaller pop up opens only to the first record. I want to be able to open the smaller pop up to edit the data I am currently on. Thanks for any help. Have a way to uniquely identify the block of data you want. Very often this is the primary key of the containing the ...

Displaying Results on a Form
I have a query that returns the number of guests who have ordered a breakfast, lunch or dinner based on a combo box on form "MealCounts". Instead of displaying the query however, I would like the count to show up in another textbox on my form when the selection in the combo box is changed. For instance, if three people have ordered breakfast, and the user clicks on the combo box and selects "Breakfast", I want the count, 3 in this case, to show up in another text box on the form. How can I do this? Use the DCount function as the control source of the text box. The fi...

how do i reformat the main screen
how do i reformat the main screen in outlook jake <jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i reformat the main screen in outlook What do you mean? What "main screen"? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman does http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003/interface.htm help? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

Help Please
I have a: MainForm = record source "tblProject Staffing Resources". On the MainForm there are 4 comboxes: ProjectID = row source "qryProjectID Discipline Name = row source "qryDisciplineName" Section Number = row source "qrySectionNumber" Last Name = row source "qryLastName" There is also a select button and a clear button. Once a selection is made from one or a combination of combo boxes the select button is clicked and the results display in a subform = record source "SELECT [tblProject Staffing Resources].ProjectID, [tblProject Staffing...

How under the insertion pulls in the excel form tabulates the fram
How under the insertion pulls in the excel form tabulates the frameļ¼Ÿ ...

Form Resizing
How can I have a form open in exactly the same sizing as it was last saved in. I have set the forms format property "Auto Resize" to No but I have noticed that the form still opens slightly smaller than how I set it initially. How can I prevent this from happening??? I am using Access 2003. Patrick I'd try turning on AutoResize. If that doesn't work, try using: DoCmd.MoveSize Right, Down, Width, Height to place and size the form. Measurements are in twips (1440 twips to the inch) -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www...

Resize 2 Forms at Once Like HTML Frames
I'm envisioning an application with 2 forms filling up the screen, one on top of the other. The user could drag in the middle to resize both simultaneously just as you would a website with 2 frames. How can I do this? -- Thanks for helping. Paul C Put code in the Resize events of both forms, referring to each other. If the Width of FormA decreases by a certain amount, increase the Width of FormB and so on. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <pcross29@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193091694.809588.65440@y27g2000pre.googlegro...

Get internet leads into main DB
We currently have an Access 2003 DB locally which stores client information for internal use. We have another DB sitting out on a website which collects leads. We then have an automated procedure which ftp's to the site, downloads the DB and uploads a blank DB. The information is then imported into the main DB using an import tool in Access. This is obviously not an ideal situation and there are often problems if someone is trying to input new leads while the ftp is happening. Is there a more efficient way to do this? ADP or linking to the internet DB as a temporary table? We may be...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...

Using a VBA forms text box to show the filename path
Hi, I want that when i launch my userform the activesheet saved location i shown in a text box (textbox1) How can this be done? cheers stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean that you want the saved location of the workbook to b displayed? If so, use the following. TEXTBOX1.TEXT = ACTIVEWORKBOOK.FULLNAM Rolli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

"The certificate's CN Name does not match the passed value."
Recently my ISP sent out an email saying that I am supposed to change my email settings from pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com to pop.att.yahoo.com from smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com to smtp.att.yahoo.com They also requested that I set up SSL on ports for pop and smtp. I did that and found that I couldn't get outgoing mail to work. I was not even able to get it to work when I switched back the smtp server to original setting. In the process of trouble shooting I installed another email client to see if it was Outlook that was causing the problem. When Eudora opened it ...

balance on forms
My database is such where I have Stores at each location. Firstly how do I initialise a store such that it shows 0.00 if there is no stock. Then from say Store1 - This store receives stock from another store such that its balance increases and at times, transfers stock (out) so its balance decreases. Similar for other stores. I've done a query and put on a form so that it updates the balance everytime through requery. But this only works if there has been a transfer from and transfer to done. I would like it to also show if such that only a transfer from is done or transfer to is don...

Scroll problem on Continuous Form
Hi I have a continuous form, which design with Header, Detail and Footer. When the number of records are many, where the Detail area cannot display all of them, I can navigate the records on Detail by both "Vertical Scroll Bar" and "Mouse Wheel". My problem is under the situation, when the number of records are less, where there is an empty area on Detail. In this situation, when I use the mouse wheel to scroll down, the first record will disappear, but when I scroll up, the first record cannot be gotten back. I have to use the arrow on vertical scroll bar to get i...

Programmatically navigating form to New Record
Hi I have a mainform and with a subform (NOT linked). I'm trying to implement mainform navigation when the subform has focus. eg: When a control on the subform has focus, pressing PageUp should move one record up on the main form. I have done this using mainform.Recordset.MoveFirst (MoveNext, MovePrevious, MoveLast). This all works fine. Problem is that when on the last record - pressing PageDown should take me to a new record on the main form. Docmd.GotoRecord ... acNext ----- is not suitable because my mainform itself is contained in a "master" form (mainform is also a subf...

form upload problem
winxp / windows server / FP extensions installed / using FP2003 http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm further to lots previous advice on this forum i have finally got my form to work - so thank you to all who helped - just a couple of things now to bring things to a close I am npw able to get my form to send me an email with all the data required and the customers uploaded file lands correclty in my _private folder on the server - is now possible to configure FP or the server to get the uploaded file sent as an attachment together with email that sends me the for...

referencing the same class objects in two forms
Hello, I have a button in Form A that will open another form (Form B). In Form B I have declared a class object: Public WithEvents Calendario As Calendar (it is calendar I have created with few feature needed by the application). I have declared it as public hoping this will allow me to set two of its properties through code in Form A by coding in Form A module: DoCmd.OpenForm FormBname, acNormal 'and its module will create the public Calendario object Calendario.WhichControl = "contactData" Calendario.WhichForm = Me.Name But I get the err...

How can I set up an RSVP form for external recipients
I'm trying to send an email to several people using Publisher. I would like people to be able to RSVP to an event through a link but all the links I have tried won't work. How can I make it so an email can be sent to me through a link in Publisher with information already inbedded in the email? Like a form with check marks and areas to enter a name and phone number. ...

Using Word to compose mail created from a custom form
I created a custom form to use when sending out a daily status report. However, when I compose a new status report using this custom form the default editor is Outlook 2003 instead of Word. All of my other messages are composed in Word, is there any way to get a custom form to use Word for editing the message? That setting is on the (Properties) page of the form in design mode. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/def...

How do I subtract one column from another?
I am trying to subtract columns in excel to get a third column with totals automatically without having to subtract each row individually. please help!!! Assuming data in columns A & B. In cell C1 type: =A1-B1 With cell C1 selected double-click on the fill handle, lower right of cell. George Gee "jewels" <jewels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:997E922A-A304-4C32-9B80-921CD8C484EB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to subtract columns in excel to get a third column with totals > automatically without having to subtract each row individually. &g...

Multiple value in Advanced Find
According to MS CRM 3.0 for Dummies book written by Joel Scott and David Lee, I should be able to type in multiple value in a field by typing in ; to seprate the value but it's not working, is this a bug? It works if I choose multiple value from the drop down list but doesn't work when I type in the value (i.e. if I am looking for multiple states and type in CA;NY;FL). Thanks, Joyce ...

SQL Trace: "Normalizing" TextData Column Values to Obtain "Query Signatures" for Hashing
Hi All, The TextData column in a SQL Trace table will contain a distinct string for any invocation of the captured SQL statement that was invoked with a set of parameters distinct from those before. So, for instance, 'EXEC dbo.PayThisInvoice 130254' is naturally different than 'EXEC dbo.PayThisInvoice 342902'. But, clearly, both statements involve invocation of the same stored procedure. For monitoring purposes over time, I need to be able to recognize that these and any similar statements are actually using the same underlying query. Standard practice, as I under...

Rounding/truncating values in Reports
I am building a custom report which gives a summary of the number of accounts, leads and opportunities each manager has, and a break down of the opportunities and leads (like the Account Overview report). In the opportunity and lead summary sections, I want to display the top 5 by price, and display the total estimated value, total weighted value and average estimated probability (just like the Account Overview). I have created all this and it's fine, except for the fact that it displays the monetry values with no dollar sign and 1 decimal place, and the probability value has 13 decimal ...

Running a combo box on a continuous form
I have a continuous form bound to a table containing names, addresses and post codes. A combo box, in each record, lists service agents covering the area identified by the associated post code. On GotFocus, the combo box runs a selection query taking the associated post code as the criterion. A requery is necessary to ensure that the list of service agents is refreshed on changing records but that all works fine. Clicking the combo box drop-down arrow for any record confirms that the correct list of service agents is displayed in each case. However, no selection can then be effecte...

How can I add the values based the color of font and the date
Hello, I wanted to know if it was possible to add the values of cells based on the color of font. And while doing this I also need it to do it based on the date in another cell. Example: Sheet 1 Qty Date Cell A1 288 (blue) Cell B1 4/13/2010 Cell A2 190 (red) Cell B2 4/13/2010 Cell A3 400 (blue) Cell B3 4/13/2010 " " 350 (red) " " 4/13/2010 " " 540 (blue) " " 4/12/2010 " " 1...

adding multiple new recrods using popup form
Hi, I have a main form, frmEvents, which contains a datasheet subform, frmEvetsSub, listing each meeting that occured at a particular event. I'd like the users to be able to click a button to add new meetings to the event by opening a data entry form, frmMeetingDetails. The problem I'm having is that I'd like them to be able to enter multiple meetings with frmMeetingDetails, and if I set it to "Data Entry = Yes" it only allows one meeting at a time. Then the user has to go back to frmEvents and click the button again to enter more meetings. There is a...