Split Forms - Hiding the Data Sheet portion

Is it at all possible to hide the Data Sheet portion of a split form at run
time in 2007?

The only solution I have found is to play with the SplitFormSize property,
but I am afraid that it does not support  different display sizes.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

0
Andre

getting xml data
Hello there I have some store procedures who execute XML. I would like to run them and store the XML in table, variable. how can i do that? On Aug 25, 4:56=A0am, "Roy Goldhammer" <r...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello there > > I have some store procedures who execute XML. > > I would like to run them and store the XML in table, variable. > > how can i do that? Roy You could treat the Xml like any other data type and store it. For example: DECLARE @Data xml SET @Data =3D (SELECT * FROM SourceTable WHERE ID =3D 101 FOR XML Auto...

Link Forms with multiple fields
Any ideas why I get a 'Type mismatch' error with this code that I using to open a second form linking multiple fields? Private Sub cmdUpdatePhone_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdUpdatePhone_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmEdit Location Phone Numbers" stLinkCriteria = "[Location Name]=" & "'" & Me![Location Name] & "'" And "[Position Code]=" & "'" & Me![Position Code] & "'" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , s...

smoothing integer data
Hello, I have Excel 2007 I have a series of increasing numbers which have been trucated (rounded down) to integers , eg 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6 etc The decimal part of the numbers has been 'lost' and cannot be recovered. I want to 'smooth' the data to estimate the original numbers to 1 decimal place, eg to give someting like 2.0, 2.4, 2.8, 3.1, 3.3, 3.6, 3.9, 4.5, 5.1, 5.7, 6.1, 6.4, 6.8, .... I am ok at maths and could devise an algorithm to do this, but I wonder if there is an Excel function which can do it more easily. I have lo...

Totals in the data table but not in the graph / chart
I am graphing data that consists of 4 parts and over 5 years. I'm using a stacked bar or an area chart and I do not want the totals to be charted. I do however, want the totals (both by the year and the 4 parts) or across the bottom and to the far right of the data table. I've chosen to have the data table under the graph. I can easily put the totals into excel but then it graphs the totals (which doubles everything). If I do not include the total when I choose the graph the graph simply leaves them out with no space to add them in... JHB Graph the total, hide t...

Concatenating data
Hi, I wish to concatentate the data from 5 fields and display results in another field. I need this to take place when the exiting the 5th field while adding a new record to the table. Can someone give me the visual basic code to program this function. Please note that I am just a beginner therefore I would require the full code to enter into the command. Thanks in advance. HOW1 wrote: > Hi, > > I wish to concatentate the data from 5 fields and display results in > another field. I need this to take place when the exiting the 5th > field while adding a new record to the...

Reference Data Range based on cell contents
I have a chart in which the Data range is set as follows: ='Sheet2'!$A$25:$M$37 Is it possible to do the following? Where it states "$M$37", I'd like "37" to be based on a number that shows in AB1. Is that possible? Thanks, Paul ...

import data to specific columns
Hi- I'd like to import the data in my tab-separated text file into *certain* columns of my spreadsheet. Excel imports the data into adjacent columns, but is there a way to import into non-adjacent columns; e.g., import data into columns A, D, and G? Thanks. -- marlea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ marlea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26209 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395159 How about importing them to a different worksheet, then copying the values where y...

Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi, We've installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 successfully, but have problems installing the sample data. I have a 10 user licence, obtained from MSDN, and have setup test users in Active Directory & CRM. I then run the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe and it allows me to pick four users(I've actually setup more but it didn't give me anymore options) from Active Directory. When I click NEXT to proceed to the next step it just displays the message 'invalid user name' . I tried with another set of users that had not been setup in CRM and were just in AD, same error mes...

Need help comparing data from two different excel workbook sheets
I'm new to VB coding. If anyone could help me I would be most grateful. I need help comparing data from two different excel files. I want to be able to compare sheet1 of a file (or workbook) to sheet1 for different excel file (or workbook). I wanted to automate this process. Basically, select two different excel files compare the data and output a third file with a graph indicating the data differences. But, having trouble writing the VB code. can anyone help me or direct to a site that could help me out a bit. regards, Tony ...

Use more than one timer event on a form?
Hi I have a form on which I have set a timer event in order to display the current date and time. The timer interval is set to 1000 and works as I want it to. However, I also have a need to refresh a query on the form (actually on a sub-form) at a regular interval; but not as often as the current time is updated. So... my question is, is it possible to have more than one timer event for a form/sub-form & how would I go about that, and if it's not possible is there another way of going about what I'm trying to achieve? Thanks very much Martyn Access 2000 on Windows Server 2...

Hide Border around WebBroswer Control ...
I have a WebBrowser control in a dialog. How can I hide the very narrow border around the control ? "Michael Tissington" <michael@nospam.newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23PpSPtLOJHA.1668@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a WebBrowser control in a dialog. > > How can I hide the very narrow border around the control ? m_webBrowserControl.ModifyStyle(WS_BORDER, 0); -- David Thanks. ...

Data validation only works once
Hi, I created a data validation drop down from a list & when I select a name in the drop down it will place the selected name in the cell just as it should. When I move to or select a different cell on the same worksheet & go back to the drop down the drop down is no longer there. ?? Has anyone heard of this happening? Nevermind, I had the dropdown between 2 pivot tables so I can select a name and have both PTs show the data according to my selection. I moved the dropdown one line above the 2 PTs and now it works fine. "Dale G" wrote: > Hi,...

on first startup force user to enter data in certain tables
i have a database and all the forms, but when the user first starts the database i want them to be sent to 3 forms one after the other (because these tables will be empty), i have sorta cheated so far and used one of the access templates which has started to work with the company information form but i cannot see where it is triggered......... any and all help on this would be fantastic -- many thanx hi, the_duracell_rabbitt wrote: > i have a database and all the forms, but when the user first starts the > database i want them to be sent to 3 forms one after the other (because t...

Hiding Notes
Can anyone tell me how to hide my "notes" in Outlook? I have credit card information, etc. in the notes area and would like to have some security. There's no way to hide them, but you can password-protect a PST file, if that's what you're using - David wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to hide my "notes" in Outlook? I > have credit card information, etc. in the notes area and > would like to have some security. Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote: > There's no way to hide them, but you can password-protect a PST file, > if that's what y...

Search for data using 'contains'
Good morning I have two columns of data which differ slightly, and would like to setup a Lookup type of formula that will compare the two columns and return a value when the data from column A is contained in column B. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. JaB- =IF(COUNTIF(B1,"*"&A1&"*"),"found","not found") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "JaB" wrote: > Good morning > > I have two columns of data which differ slightly, and would like to setup a > Lookup type of formula that will compare the two columns and return a value > whe...

Aggregating data for a chart
Hello. I wonder if someone can help me. I want to create a bar chart for a stock but the raw data I have is "price" and "time" and I need to aggregate that into high, low close format. The high and low seems simple enough - I created a pivot table and used min and max for each time interval. The part I'm having trouble with is getting the "close" (which is the last price in any given time interval) number for each time interval. It seems like the solution is on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to get it out. Any help is most appreciated! ...

Delete row where there is duplicate data in Column E
I have a report I download every day and each day the row count is different. I need to perform all kinds of editing so that I can run this spreadsheet against another spreadsheet. I created a macro to perform most of the editing and have my page setup, header, footer, font all set in that macro. Now I want to add code that looks for duplicate entries in Column E in 2 consecutive rows, anyplace in the document, and if found delete the first of the two rows. Normally there are about 10 of these duplicate rows where I need to delete the first on of every time it occurs, is this even p...

Extracting Data from Outlook forms
Hi I would like to create a Form for Staff to complete when they want a file brought out of the firm's archives. Not too much problem creating the form, but I was wondering if it is possible for the data contained in the form to then be extracted to populate a database with the detail contained in the form eg File Name, File Number, Requested By etc etc. Can it be done? Thanks Dave It can be done, but you'll have to write the code to create the database = records. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm for examples.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Mi...

Excel Slow to open Spread Sheet from Explorer
Windows XP pro SP2, MS Office 2000 SP 3, Windows 2000 Server SP 4. When a spread is opened from Windows Explorer from the network the Spread Sheet takes 30 seconds to 5 minutes to open. If Excel is opend then open file is used to the same network location the files open normally. I have checked the knowledge base article and none seem to help. This is affecting more than on of the PCs on this network. Any help is appreciated. ...

Property Sheet/Property Page EnableWindow Refresh Problem
I'm having a problem with enabling controls on a property sheet. I have created two property pages. One of these pages is added when the property sheet is created. That page has several controls on it which are disabled. When I open a file I want my controls to be enabled and the second property page to be added. I added the code to do this using EnableWindow(TRUE) and AddPage. However when I go to File->Open in the top menu the file I select loads but I don't see the second page added. The controls don't appear to be enabled either. If I click on the controls, they chan...

Hiding & Unhiding Columns & Rows
Hello, I have a macro that does the following: Unhides any column from "C" to "AJ" Unhides any row from "4 to 34" Looks for the first blank cell in "column C" starting at "C4" an places the cursor there for data input. This is the macro: Sub unhideeverything() ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False Columns("C:AJ").Select Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False Rows("4:34").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False Range("C4").Select Cells.Find(What:="", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas LookAt:= _ xlPa...

Moving data from a string
I have a rather complex problem, at least it is for me. I have a column full of addresses. 1234 common way, city, state zip I want to take the column and split it into at least 2. Such that the street address and the CSZ are in seperate columns. A B 1234 common Way, city, state zip I have zero experience with basic and almost none with excel so can someone please help me? Thanks On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:47:58 -0700 (PDT), Lacertadeus@gmail.com wrote: >I have a rather complex problem, at least it is for me. > >I have a column full of addr...

How do I compare data from 2 worksheets to find duplicate entries
I am a novice Excel user. I have to worksheets that have data, some of it is similar (ie. Item #'s, etc.) I want to automatically compare the reports and highlight data on one worksheet that is identicle to the data on the other worksheet. If I can't do this, I'm going to have to manually compare the data. Jack, A coded solution is probably the way to go for your challenge. You can iterate through each item on the first sheet and check to see if it exists in the second sheet before copying it to a new (report), third sheet. -- http://HelpExcel.com 1-888-INGENIO 1-888...

Adding only vertical error bars to a single data point in a series
Hi, I need to add only vertical error bars to a single data point in a series on a scatter chart in Excel 2007. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...x#AddErrorBars is worded in a way that sounds like it is possible to do that in Excel 2007 yet I don't appear to have the option in the properties for a particular data point or be able to specify only vertical error bars instead of both (horizontal and vertical) or none. How can I add only vertical error bars to a single data point in a series in Excel 2007? Thanks, Chris Chris, I could not follow you URL since you abbreviated ...

Summing up records in a Form
(Sorry for cross-posting. I accidentally posted to the "General Questions" track, but it fits obviously better here:) I have a table with four fields: (1) a unique ID, (2) a filter field, (3) a text (not unique) and (4) a number. In my form I want to filter the table by a combox selection (in this case the value "f1") and collapse the remaining records with identical text and show the sum of the number. Records (myId, myFilter, myTxt, myNum): 1, f1, texta, 9 2, f1, texta, 8 3, f2, texta, 7 4, f1, textb, 6 .... I want to filter only the "f1" records and see:...