Simple Copy Button

Hello Again,

Is there a way to create a simple command button which would say Only
copy the fields [Company],[Contact],[Address],[address1].[address2],
[Town],[County] and [Postcode] from a record I'm viewing in a form so
the when i go into a word document and i do a paste its just pastes
the whole address,

instead of me having to go back an forwards copying the text
separately from each field?

Regards

Dan
0
dan

Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0049.htm
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons.

"dan.cawthorne@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello Again,
>
> Is there a way to create a simple command button which would say Only
> copy the fields [Company],[Contact],[Address],[address1].[address2],
> [Town],[County] and [Postcode] from a record I'm viewing in a form so
> the when i go into a word document and i do a paste its just pastes
> the whole address,
>
> instead of me having to go back an forwards copying the text
> separately from each field?
>
> Regards
>
> Dan

Problem copying named range
I have a named range on a Lookup sheet which I am trying to copy to a destination on the main sheet (Mobiles). The range named PlugIn occupied V4:Z4 on the Lookup sheet and has a border round the entire area (none internal). This is a region title and only has text in V4. Using the following bits of code to copy the range to V6 on the Mobiles sheet, I end up with the text in V6 as expected, but the border only surrounds V6, not V6:Z6. With Worksheets("Lookup") Set PlugIn = .Range("PlugIn") End With PlugIn.Copy (Worksheets("Mobiles").Ran...

copy item cost to supplier cost field
I have customer that has an item cost in each item, but has no cost in supplier tab. Is there a sql statement that will copy the item cost into the supplier cost field? Thanks for the help Dave here it is ************************** UPDATE Supplierlist set SupplierList.Cost=Item.Cost FROM Item WHERE Item.ID=SupplierList.ItemID --AND Item.SupplierID=SupplierList.SupplierID ************************** if u execute it as it is, it will update the cost for primary suppliers only, if u remove the comment (--) from the last line, it will update the cost for all the item's suppliers (primary &...

How to Modify Default Button for PropertySheet?
I'm trying to change the default button for a property sheet to a button I've added to the sheet. Currently I'm clearing the BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON flag in all the predefined buttons and setting it in my created button but OK still acts as the default when when ENTER key is presssed. Is IDOK hardcoded into Propery sheets as the default but not for CDialog? MyPropSheet::OnInitDialog() { ... . . GetDlgItem(IDOK)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(ID_APPLY_NOW)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); . ....

Copies of Table with Arrow Icons
I have a table called Quotes2004. Somewhere along the line two additional tables appeared called Quotes20041 and Quotes20042, each with an arrow icon next to them. I understand that the arrow indicates a link. But, I don't recall making these table copies. Can some process make the copies automatically? As far as I can tell, they are exact copies of Quotes2004 and they are updated when I update Quotes2004. How can I determine how these were created, what the links are and if they are really necessary? To discover what a table is linked to, open it in design view. Then open the Prope...

Copying a Chart to ANOTHER WORKBOOK LOCATION not worksheet.
According to Excel Help, I should be able to copy a chart/graph to another workbook. However, when I try, the Paste option is not highlighted as a choice. Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this copy/paste function? Thank you. You don't state which version of EXCEL you are using. I have tried to replicate what you say in EXCEL 2007 but don't see the problem. You might like to try the following:- 1. Select the graph that you want to copy by clicking in it. 2. Ctrl C (simultaneously). 3. Move to new Workbook. 4. Ctrl V (simultaneously). This pastes the c...

can I copy photos attached to emails onto a disc
I receive lots of emails with attached photos. How do I get the photos from the inbox of Microsoft Outlook onto a disc so that I can get them printed ????? ...

copy format and formulas of one report to a second report
I need to copy a report to create a second report, and am looking to know how to globally change formulas to a different table/query. The fields in the two tables are identical, the data results are different. Example of a Current formula: =Sum(IIf([Customer Sat Results database]![The service or information you received was appropriate and help]="Good",1,0)) New report formula would be: =Sum(IIf([Internet Customer Sat Results database Query1]![The service or information you received was appropriate and help]="Good",1,0)) there are about 96 formulas t...

How to create Conditional Formats that "grow" with copy/fill down.
I would like to set up 1 conditional format that will grow as I copy & paste. All I've been able to do is copy the same over & over. I have tried to "paste special - format", but it didn't work. Example: Cell value is: equal to, $F$8, then Font is White. I would like to grow the "$F$8" as I copy & paste. Thanks for ANY help. Try a formula like =A1=$F$8:F8 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "AliceNXLand" <AliceNXLand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70AD36AA-FAF1-49E3-8BCF-...

All Outlook CRM Tracked E-mails Copy to One Specific CRM Account?
An unusual occurance in CRM. All e-mails received to Outlookand then promoted, or Tracked as the button is now labled, are being copied to one particular Account that is unrelated. The e-mail are copied correctly to the history of the desired, defined, accounts and Contacts, but also copy to this one particular e-mail as well. As anyone seen anything like this and have any ideas what could be wrong? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

Simple Question
Can anyone tell me how to prevent the annoying 'Security Warning' form from appearing everytime I open/load a new database file in ACCESS 2003. Go to: Tools | Macro | Security and set the dialog to Low. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b80879f9-3e62-4e20-b234-6691e32afffe@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone tell me how to prevent the annoying 'Security Warning' ...

copy appointments
I would like to be able to copy an apt and paste it into a different date. If it's a recurring apt I can drag it and drop it to a different date or change the date and time within the apt easy enough. But is there simply a way to copy an apt and paste it somewhere else in the same calendar? Yes, select (press Esc if you enter edit mode) and Ctrl+C, then Ctrl+V on the new date. Right click, copy is also an option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips b...

Locating variable range to copy
I am an ordinary accountant but not familiar with macro & VBA. I have a file, I need to copy a source formula to a certain range of which starting position has fixed already and ending position would be altered regarding to condition changed. For example, say source formula : locating at cell G11 conditions : range of row containing data in column F starting from F11 Says now, there are 10 data starting from F11 to F20, therefore I need to copy the source formula from G11 to G20. Same as, when there are 100 data starting from F11 to F110, I need to copy the source formula from G11...

Batch copying
We have a monthly batch for the 15th of the month that will have the same entries to the same accounts at the 30th of the month. How would we copy the 15th of the month batch (Payroll-15) so that we would not have to enter the JE over again? Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer If it is an entry and you know the entry number, just go to General entry and select Copy - you will be able to select the entry to copy If you want an entire batch of entries to "repeat" Set up a recurring batch, then do the entry. You will be able to edit before postin...

Can't change format of copied cells
Hi! I sometimes observe some strange behaviour, as follows: I copy some cells containing numbers from one sheet to another. But in the new sheet, these cells seem to be text. When I select the pasted cells an assigm these a number format, nothing changes: I need to click into such a cell and press ENTER to get the format change applied. Any way to avoid this? Hi It sounds like the cells were formatted as text before you pasted the values into them. Make sure they are formatted as General BEFORE you paste into them. Another alternative is that the cells you copy are text - but they may ...

Help with a simple form
I need help with a very simple form. I have a glossary for my team defined in Excel. I want to set up a form that will let them key in the first few letters of either the acronym or the term itself and show all items in the worksheet that start with those letters. As you key more letters, it refines more. Kind of like the index function in Help. Secondly, I want to set up an input form that a user would fill out that would then save that information into a second spreadsheet (behind the look up one). Then an administrator would review those entries regularly and add the entries to...

Path added to formula during copy
Dear All, I am using Win XP, and Office XP, when I copy one excel file to other disk drive, a path of the source drive had been added to all formula in the cell in the target file, but this is not the way I wanted. How to prevent the automatic source added to the formula ? Thanks. Select the range to copy edit|Replace what: = (equal sign) with: $$$$$ replace all Now all the formulas are plain old text. Do the copy|paste Then fix the original range and the pasted range: Select the range edit|replace what: $$$$$ with: = replace all And the strings will be converted to formulas. andy wr...

return to first button click event after another button click event
Hi, Is it possible to - after clicking a command button on a form and running some code to then exit that button click event and wait for a user to click another command button, this then returning code execution to the first command button click event at the point were it left from ? regards Trevor. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 05:31:08 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >Is it possible to - after clicking a command button on a form and running >some code to then exit that button...

Multiple quotes for same job number using option buttons
Please forgive the repost - I've added additonal information and the original seems to have been forgotten. I don't think the subject was clear anyway. I have a main quote form with subforms for labor, parts and misc parts all tied to a job number with several calculations on the main form from each of the subforms. This works great as it is. Now users tell me they need to have ability to create optional quotes for same job number. Is it possible to have an option group on the form so that the first main default quote would be option 1 and then if user needs to create an...

Macro Buttons #2
i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro button to display on someone elses PC? i created the macro button in a worksheet then i sent that worksheet to a friend. the macro exists, but the button doesn't. any ideas? Thanks in Advance James You may want to attach the toolbar to the workbook. But if you do, read this first from Jan Karel Pieterse: http://google.com/groups?threadm=083701c3559b%246ce75e60%24a301280a%40phx.gbl James wrote: > > i know how to create a macro button, my question is, how do i get that macro > button to display on...

Command Button Assignment
Some bit of configuration evidently changed in my Excel97 that I'm having difficulty tracking down. Up to now I've had it set up so that the control toolbox is displayed all the time in the tool bar. And when I'd click on the "Command Button" icon I could create a button on my spreadsheet and then Excel would ask me to assign a macro to it. All was well. Somehow the control toolbox disappeared from my toolbar today. Grumble, grumble... So I go into View>Toolbars>ControlToolbox and reselect it. The toolbox pops up in it's own little window that I've ne...

Open a copy of a doc
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel In Word 2004, my original copy of a document(which is a form) is like the template. I do not want to change the original doc but open it a a copy. I want to automate this process but the recorded macro doesn't seem to show that the doument is a copy rather than the original. When I recorded the macro at a workplace with a Windows machine, the word &quot;copy&quot; appears in the macro. How can I be sure that the macro running on the Mac is opening only a copy? <br><br>Ron Hi Ron: The be...

copying formulas #9
I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from every 4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6, n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in the row, anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6, n6, r6. How do I correct this? One way =OFFSET(Sheet2!$B$6,,COLUMN(A:A)*4-4) copy across Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Tracey" wrote: > I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from every > 4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6, > n6). Wh...

Copy/Paste
When copy and paste text with picture(photos).....select all, copy from an Outlook 2003 message body to Word 2003, I only get a square block; no image visible. Paste Special in this case has no option other than paste text. Can some one help please.!!??? See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/invisiblegraphics.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Popeye" <Popeye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6675B674-4C5A-44E6-A662-615DC577C0AF@microsoft.com... > When copy and paste text with picture(photos).....select all, copy from an > Ou...

How do I copy formula but only increment certain ranges?
I want to copy a VLOOKUP formula down down the worksheet. When I use the drag handle it increments 2 values ie A1, A2, A3 etc. I want it to increment one of the values but i want the other to stay the same. How do I do it?? Please help Mart A preceding $ indicates a part of the address to hold constant, as in $A1, A$1, or $A$1 to hold the column, row, or both constant. Jerry Martc wrote: > I want to copy a VLOOKUP formula down down the worksheet. When I use the drag > handle it increments 2 values ie A1, A2, A3 etc. I want it to increment one > of the values but i want the ...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...