Shared Sub-form referring to a field in the same sub-form

Hello.
I have a subform called "frm_SubformCaseDetail". This sub-form is a sub-form 
on many Forms, about 20 in total for so many different reasons.

I have a problem in the sub-form. One field references another field, 
example the Sub-Category combobox field narrows down its list based upon the 
Category combobox field. Since the query that runs the subform needs to be 
configured to look at the Category field it wants to point to a particular 
form with the entire path including [Form] [Sub-form] [field]. I don't want 
to create a seperate subform for each of the 20 Forms, I would rather keep 
this shared sub-form but configure it to look at the Category field without 
having it to look at the entire path. Does this make sense? If so is this 
possible?


Thanks.
Iram
0
Utf
5/13/2010 4:41:01 PM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
810 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

Iram wrote:
>I have a subform called "frm_SubformCaseDetail". This sub-form is a sub-form 
>on many Forms, about 20 in total for so many different reasons.
>
>I have a problem in the sub-form. One field references another field, 
>example the Sub-Category combobox field narrows down its list based upon the 
>Category combobox field. Since the query that runs the subform needs to be 
>configured to look at the Category field it wants to point to a particular 
>form with the entire path including [Form] [Sub-form] [field]. I don't want 
>to create a seperate subform for each of the 20 Forms, I would rather keep 
>this shared sub-form but configure it to look at the Category field without 
>having it to look at the entire path. Does this make sense? If so is this 
>possible?

It makes sense, but I know of no way to use that kind of
parameter.

An alternative is to use VBA code to construct the
subcategory combo box's row source query.  Use the category
combo box's AfterUpdate ir Exit event:

strSQL = "SELECT f1, f2, ... FROM categories WHERE "
If Not IsNull(Me.cboCategory) Then
	strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.cboCategory
	Me.cboSubcategory.RowSource = strSQL
End If

You will need to run the same code wherever you Requery
cboSubcategory.

-- 
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
0
Marshall
5/13/2010 6:34:31 PM
Hello Marshall,
On the After Update of the Category field I have the following...

Private Sub Category_AfterUpdate()
strSQL = "SELECT f1, f2, ... FROM tbl_category WHERE "
If Not IsNull(Me.cboCategory) Then
    strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.cboCategory
    Me.cboSub_cat.RowSource = strSQL

Me.Sub_Cat.Requery
Me.Sub_Cat.SetFocus
Me.Sub_Cat.Dropdown
End Sub

....but I get an error after modifying the Category field, "Compile Error 
Variable not defined". FYI, I haven't done anything to the Sub-Cat field 
events or attributes, but this is what the sql view looks like for the 
Sub-Cat  Row source...

SELECT tbl_CategorySub.[Sub Category], tbl_CategorySub.Category, 
tbl_CategorySub.ReportType AS [Category Type], tbl_CategorySub.Remove
FROM tbl_CategorySub
WHERE (((tbl_CategorySub.Remove)=0))
ORDER BY tbl_CategorySub.[Sub Category], tbl_CategorySub.Category;

The Sub-Cat dropdown needs to display 3 columns, with heads, at 2";2";2" 
column widths, and 50 list rows, and 6" List width.

Can you still help me with this? If so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Iram


"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> Iram wrote:
> >I have a subform called "frm_SubformCaseDetail". This sub-form is a sub-form 
> >on many Forms, about 20 in total for so many different reasons.
> >
> >I have a problem in the sub-form. One field references another field, 
> >example the Sub-Category combobox field narrows down its list based upon the 
> >Category combobox field. Since the query that runs the subform needs to be 
> >configured to look at the Category field it wants to point to a particular 
> >form with the entire path including [Form] [Sub-form] [field]. I don't want 
> >to create a seperate subform for each of the 20 Forms, I would rather keep 
> >this shared sub-form but configure it to look at the Category field without 
> >having it to look at the entire path. Does this make sense? If so is this 
> >possible?
> 
> It makes sense, but I know of no way to use that kind of
> parameter.
> 
> An alternative is to use VBA code to construct the
> subcategory combo box's row source query.  Use the category
> combo box's AfterUpdate ir Exit event:
> 
> strSQL = "SELECT f1, f2, ... FROM categories WHERE "
> If Not IsNull(Me.cboCategory) Then
> 	strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.cboCategory
> 	Me.cboSubcategory.RowSource = strSQL
> End If
> 
> You will need to run the same code wherever you Requery
> cboSubcategory.
> 
> -- 
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]
> .
> 
0
Utf
5/13/2010 9:12:01 PM
You ewakky need to try to understand any code you are going
to use.  What I posted was just the general idea, not
something that could be Copy/Pasted as is.

The compile error is because the variable strSQL was not
declared.  The placeholders f1, f2, ... need to be replaced
with the real field names you have in your table.  Also,
setting a record source or row source automatically causes
the data to be loaded, so it is redundant and a waste of
resources to Requery after setting either of those
properties.

I'll **try** to clean it up for you, but you still need to
double check everything as I am just typing the code into a
post and I am a notoriously poor typist.

Private Sub Category_AfterUpdate()
Dim strSQL As String
	strSQL = "SELECT [Sub Category], Category, " _
					& "ReportType AS [Category Type], " _
					& "Remove FROM tbl_CategorySub " _
					& "WHERE Remove=0 And "
	If Not IsNull(Me.Category) Then
		strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.Category _
					& " ORDER BY [Sub Category]"

		Me.Sub_Cat.RowSource = strSQL
		Me.Sub_Cat.SetFocus
		Me.Sub_Cat.Dropdown
	Else
		Beep
		Me.Sub_Cat = Null
	End If
End Sub

Iram wrote:
>On the After Update of the Category field I have the following...
>
>Private Sub Category_AfterUpdate()
>strSQL = "SELECT f1, f2, ... FROM tbl_category WHERE "
>If Not IsNull(Me.cboCategory) Then
>    strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.cboCategory
>    Me.cboSub_cat.RowSource = strSQL
>
>Me.Sub_Cat.Requery
>Me.Sub_Cat.SetFocus
>Me.Sub_Cat.Dropdown
>End Sub
>
>...but I get an error after modifying the Category field, "Compile Error 
>Variable not defined". FYI, I haven't done anything to the Sub-Cat field 
>events or attributes, but this is what the sql view looks like for the 
>Sub-Cat  Row source...
>
>SELECT tbl_CategorySub.[Sub Category], tbl_CategorySub.Category, 
>tbl_CategorySub.ReportType AS [Category Type], tbl_CategorySub.Remove
>FROM tbl_CategorySub
>WHERE (((tbl_CategorySub.Remove)=0))
>ORDER BY tbl_CategorySub.[Sub Category], tbl_CategorySub.Category;
>
>The Sub-Cat dropdown needs to display 3 columns, with heads, at 2";2";2" 
>column widths, and 50 list rows, and 6" List width.
>
>Can you still help me with this? If so what am I doing wrong?
>
>
>"Marshall Barton" wrote:
>> Iram wrote:
>> >I have a subform called "frm_SubformCaseDetail". This sub-form is a sub-form 
>> >on many Forms, about 20 in total for so many different reasons.
>> >
>> >I have a problem in the sub-form. One field references another field, 
>> >example the Sub-Category combobox field narrows down its list based upon the 
>> >Category combobox field. Since the query that runs the subform needs to be 
>> >configured to look at the Category field it wants to point to a particular 
>> >form with the entire path including [Form] [Sub-form] [field]. I don't want 
>> >to create a seperate subform for each of the 20 Forms, I would rather keep 
>> >this shared sub-form but configure it to look at the Category field without 
>> >having it to look at the entire path. Does this make sense? If so is this 
>> >possible?
>> 
>> It makes sense, but I know of no way to use that kind of
>> parameter.
>> 
>> An alternative is to use VBA code to construct the
>> subcategory combo box's row source query.  Use the category
>> combo box's AfterUpdate ir Exit event:
>> 
>> strSQL = "SELECT f1, f2, ... FROM categories WHERE "
>> If Not IsNull(Me.cboCategory) Then
>> 	strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.cboCategory
>> 	Me.cboSubcategory.RowSource = strSQL
>> End If
>> 
>> You will need to run the same code wherever you Requery
>> cboSubcategory.
-- 
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
0
Marshall
5/13/2010 10:44:25 PM
Marshall,
This is what I have adjusted your code to but, after selecting a Category in 
the Category combobox the drop down opens up for the Sub-Cat field but with 
no selections available. In the Sub-Cat combobox field I noticed that the 
below code inserted this into the Row Source

SELECT Sub_Category, tbl_CategorySub, ReportType AS [Category Type], Remove 
FROM tbl_CategorySub WHERE Remove=0 And Category=User ID ORDER BY [Sub_Cat]

Dim strSQL As String
    strSQL = "SELECT [Sub_Category], tbl_CategorySub, " _
                    & "ReportType AS [Category Type], " _
                    & "Remove FROM tbl_CategorySub " _
                    & "WHERE Remove=0 And "
    If Not IsNull(Me.Category) Then
        strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.Category _
                    & " ORDER BY [Sub_Cat]"

        Me.Sub_Cat.RowSource = strSQL
        Me.Sub_Cat.SetFocus
        Me.Sub_Cat.Dropdown
    Else
        Beep
        Me.Sub_Cat = Null
    End If
End Sub

--------------------------------
Table Info
tbl_Category              'this table has the following fields: Category, 
ReportType, Description, Remove Category.

tbl_CategorySub          'this table has the following field: Sub Category, 
Category, ReportType, Remove

Marshall, what am I doing wrong?

Iram


"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> You ewakky need to try to understand any code you are going
> to use.  What I posted was just the general idea, not
> something that could be Copy/Pasted as is.
> 
> The compile error is because the variable strSQL was not
> declared.  The placeholders f1, f2, ... need to be replaced
> with the real field names you have in your table.  Also,
> setting a record source or row source automatically causes
> the data to be loaded, so it is redundant and a waste of
> resources to Requery after setting either of those
> properties.
> 
> I'll **try** to clean it up for you, but you still need to
> double check everything as I am just typing the code into a
> post and I am a notoriously poor typist.
> 
> Private Sub Category_AfterUpdate()
> Dim strSQL As String
> 	strSQL = "SELECT [Sub Category], Category, " _
> 					& "ReportType AS [Category Type], " _
> 					& "Remove FROM tbl_CategorySub " _
> 					& "WHERE Remove=0 And "
> 	If Not IsNull(Me.Category) Then
> 		strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.Category _
> 					& " ORDER BY [Sub Category]"
> 
> 		Me.Sub_Cat.RowSource = strSQL
> 		Me.Sub_Cat.SetFocus
> 		Me.Sub_Cat.Dropdown
> 	Else
> 		Beep
> 		Me.Sub_Cat = Null
> 	End If
> End Sub
> 
> Iram wrote:
> >On the After Update of the Category field I have the following...
> >
> >Private Sub Category_AfterUpdate()
> >strSQL = "SELECT f1, f2, ... FROM tbl_category WHERE "
> >If Not IsNull(Me.cboCategory) Then
> >    strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.cboCategory
> >    Me.cboSub_cat.RowSource = strSQL
> >
> >Me.Sub_Cat.Requery
> >Me.Sub_Cat.SetFocus
> >Me.Sub_Cat.Dropdown
> >End Sub
> >
> >...but I get an error after modifying the Category field, "Compile Error 
> >Variable not defined". FYI, I haven't done anything to the Sub-Cat field 
> >events or attributes, but this is what the sql view looks like for the 
> >Sub-Cat  Row source...
> >
> >SELECT tbl_CategorySub.[Sub Category], tbl_CategorySub.Category, 
> >tbl_CategorySub.ReportType AS [Category Type], tbl_CategorySub.Remove
> >FROM tbl_CategorySub
> >WHERE (((tbl_CategorySub.Remove)=0))
> >ORDER BY tbl_CategorySub.[Sub Category], tbl_CategorySub.Category;
> >
> >The Sub-Cat dropdown needs to display 3 columns, with heads, at 2";2";2" 
> >column widths, and 50 list rows, and 6" List width.
> >
> >Can you still help me with this? If so what am I doing wrong?
> >
> >
> >"Marshall Barton" wrote:
> >> Iram wrote:
> >> >I have a subform called "frm_SubformCaseDetail". This sub-form is a sub-form 
> >> >on many Forms, about 20 in total for so many different reasons.
> >> >
> >> >I have a problem in the sub-form. One field references another field, 
> >> >example the Sub-Category combobox field narrows down its list based upon the 
> >> >Category combobox field. Since the query that runs the subform needs to be 
> >> >configured to look at the Category field it wants to point to a particular 
> >> >form with the entire path including [Form] [Sub-form] [field]. I don't want 
> >> >to create a seperate subform for each of the 20 Forms, I would rather keep 
> >> >this shared sub-form but configure it to look at the Category field without 
> >> >having it to look at the entire path. Does this make sense? If so is this 
> >> >possible?
> >> 
> >> It makes sense, but I know of no way to use that kind of
> >> parameter.
> >> 
> >> An alternative is to use VBA code to construct the
> >> subcategory combo box's row source query.  Use the category
> >> combo box's AfterUpdate ir Exit event:
> >> 
> >> strSQL = "SELECT f1, f2, ... FROM categories WHERE "
> >> If Not IsNull(Me.cboCategory) Then
> >> 	strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.cboCategory
> >> 	Me.cboSubcategory.RowSource = strSQL
> >> End If
> >> 
> >> You will need to run the same code wherever you Requery
> >> cboSubcategory.
> -- 
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]
> .
> 
0
Utf
5/14/2010 12:09:01 AM
Iram wrote:
>This is what I have adjusted your code to but, after selecting a Category in 
>the Category combobox the drop down opens up for the Sub-Cat field but with 
>no selections available. In the Sub-Cat combobox field I noticed that the 
>below code inserted this into the Row Source
>
>SELECT Sub_Category, tbl_CategorySub, ReportType AS [Category Type], Remove 
>FROM tbl_CategorySub WHERE Remove=0 And Category=User ID ORDER BY [Sub_Cat]
>
>Dim strSQL As String
>    strSQL = "SELECT [Sub_Category], tbl_CategorySub, " _
>                    & "ReportType AS [Category Type], " _
>                    & "Remove FROM tbl_CategorySub " _
>                    & "WHERE Remove=0 And "
>    If Not IsNull(Me.Category) Then
>        strSQL = strSQL & "Category=" & Me.Category _
>                    & " ORDER BY [Sub_Cat]"
>
>        Me.Sub_Cat.RowSource = strSQL
>        Me.Sub_Cat.SetFocus
>        Me.Sub_Cat.Dropdown
>    Else
>        Beep
>        Me.Sub_Cat = Null
>    End If
>End Sub
>
>--------------------------------
>Table Info
>tbl_Category              'this table has the following fields: Category, 
>ReportType, Description, Remove Category.
>
>tbl_CategorySub          'this table has the following field: Sub Category, 
>Category, ReportType, Remove
>
>Marshall, what am I doing wrong?


You replaced a field name with a table name and there is an
underscore where you said there is a space:

strSQL = "SELECT [Sub Category], Category, " _

I also see that I had a logic error,  It should be:

                    & "WHERE Remove=0"
>    If Not IsNull(Me.Category) Then
        strSQL = strSQL & " And Category=" & Me.Category _

Are you sure the SubCat combo box needs all four fields?
Check that against the ColumnCount property.

-- 
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
0
Marshall
5/16/2010 9:28:46 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

Which Controls to Build a Parent/Child Web Form
Hi there, I'm quite new to asp.net, but know exactly how to do this using classic ASP, but would like some pointers for aspnet2. I've got data being returned from an SP which looks like this: HeaderItem ChildItem A A1 A A2 A A3 B B1 etc I want to display the data like this A - This is the header record A1 A2 A3 B - Header 2 B1 etc. In classic ASP I'd write out my header row html when HeaderItem changes value and then write the Child Rows. As I've on...

writing calculated fields
I am trying to avoid starting a Crystal report from scratch, please help me! I need to use the equivalent of the "If, Then, Else" formula in Crystal reports in Report Writer. I need my PO in report writer to: if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 30) else if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 40) else PO ordered QTY I can only place PO's to the vendor in eaches but I am entering the PO into GP in cases. I have the PO processing side setup correctly, I just need the PO to print now. Thank you! -- CK Create two new calculate...

Can't save over share
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have had Office 2008 for awhile now and I haven't come across this unusual bug until recently. The problem occurs when trying to save an xlsx file over a samba share. All other formats save fine i.e xls, doc, docx, pptx, etc. What will happen is it will try to save as an .xlsx file then a message box appears saying, &quot;Microsoft Excel cannot access the file 'share: [string of random numbers and letters]. The odd thing that I have stumbled upon is that this doesn't occur if I set an open pass...

Could very much use a Field List
I apologize if this is out there already, but it seems that at least a few field names changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Although I had downloaded a field list before, from here, I cannot even find that original post, let alone any more recent that might contain the correct field names. I need to do some custom SQL and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Thanks in advance very much to anyone who could help. Bud Izen Salem Oregon Do you have MS Access? Make a new project and attach to the database as your data source. You will be able to see all the tables and the field names. It has been ...

addressing envelope from data input form
I don't know where to start to try this. I have the following fields that make up the entire address: Fname Lname Fname2 Lname 2 Address City, State Zip Is there any way to "push a button" on a form and have it print an envelope for that record? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Have you thought of using an MS template as a starting point? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172481033.aspx Dave Eliot wrote: >I don't know where to start to try this. > >I have the following fields ...

Viewing xml created in .Net in a ASP form VB6
I have been trying to create an xml document in VB.Net for displaying on an existing page written in ASP. im having a type mismatch error in my code. When i view my XML i have the following included in the <binary> node. <Binary xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="bin.base64">DATA HERE </Binary My issue is how do i set the datatype of the the node using dotnet so that i can replicate the same node structure and use my existing ASP page. thanks in advance Colin Graham ...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Creating a form or template
We scanned in an image of a post it note that has graphics on it. It is a jpg file. Can we somehow make this jpg file a form or template in Outlook? Ideally, we want to pull up a form that looks like the image of a post it note with the graphics in tact and be able to compose a message on the email post it note. How do you accomplish this? Thanks! ...

Filtering data by custom fields in pivot tables from Visual Report
I have recently upgraded to MS Project 2007 and like the visual reporting feature, except I really need to filter and group the resulting pivot table in Excel by custom fields. For example, for task usage, I cannot filter my pivot table to show only the tasks that have costs > $0, thus my table ends up showing too many lines and a lot of 0's. I would also like to group by department/ function which I put in a custom text field. How do I do this? I saw related posts about saving the file as an Access database and then creating the pivot table by connecting to the datab...

Adding BMPs to a form
I use Access 2003. I have a table set up with a field for pictures, this table sits behind a form to add BMPs, which display on the form and print on reports. In the past, when I have had to reinstall Access for any reason, the pictures instead of displaying fully in the form, only show as thumbnails with the file name. I have in the past resoved this by removing Microsoft Picture manager from MS Office. I don't know how I figured that out or why it works but it does. However, I had to reinstall Office yesterday, removed MS Pictrue Manager as usual and it's NOT working ...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

Obtain Sub-Folder Names with VBA?
Is it possible to obtain the names of all Sub-Folders for a specific parent Folder? Just 2 levels (1 Parent Folder) and several children folders. We need the names of the sub-folders, not the names of the files in the sub-folders. Thanks for your help. Brad Lookup the Dir Function in the help file, specifically at the example it illustrates exactly how to get a directory listing. You'll see it isn't hard! -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the...

ActiveX vs Forms
Hello- I am trying to embed some option buttons on a worksheet. I want to have two sets of buttons which are mutually exclusive, say A-D and then 1-3. I want to start with 1-3 hidden and if the user chooses option D from the first set then 1-3 will be revealed. I did this fine with the activex option buttons and VBA, however, it is not recognizing A-D and 1-3 as separate groups. Therefore, as soon as the user select 1,2 or 3, it will uncheck D and therefore rehide the remaining numbered boxes. I grouped and named each set of buttons together, but that did not work. If I try to use a group...

Refresh Results In A Second Subform In A Form
Hi, This could be a tricky one. What I've done is created a Form named ACCOUNTS SELECT which has a control being a Comb Box named 'PICK RESNAME' and an embedded subform which returns all the records according to the particular data from the 'PICK RESNAME' Combo Box. Thats all fine and well ! But what I need is to pick specific records and to store them in a let's say temporary Table which I will print out via a Report. For this temporary table, I have created in the Form ACCOUNTS SELECT another Subform which I hoped will view all the selections I have made...

ADO Field is Nothing error
Running ANY integration on version 10 (have SP 4 installed in Dynamics AND integration manager) yields this error for EVERY user except me (I am an administrator on our domain). There are no symbols or weird charcters. These worked fine a couple months ago, but now no one can run any. These are not even sql optimized eConnect one. They are basic standard integrations. Are you using a shared Integration Manager database or does each user have their own. If the latter, then users may not be seeing the file you are seeing in the location you are seeing it. Best regards, --...

trying to select the last 3 digits of a field
hello all this is the query im using (I am looking to get the last 3 characters of a field): rep_code: Right(tablename.fieldname,3) And I get this error: IDBC--call failed [Informix][Infomirx ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error has occurred. (#-201) Is it something wrong with my query or something outside Access 2003 (since the table I am trying to work with its using an ODBC conexion)? Any ideas??? Thanks ...

Continuous Form, Window Top Record Ordinal
On continuous view forms, there should be a form property that has the recordset ordinal of the top-most record currently displayed in the form’s window. For example, if a recordset contains 100 records and the CurrentRecord is 5 and the user scrolls down until the CurrentRecord disappears off the top of the screen, what is the recordset ordinal for the record that is now at the top of the window? Left clicking on the scrollbar slider will display “Record: x of y”, but there should be a property that contains the value of x for code purposes. Perhaps call it “WindowTopRecord...

Reversing a cancelled contract in Field Service Contract Adminstra
I am a regular lurker on this board and really appreciate the information I have learned here so far. I have a specific question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. We are on GP 10.0 and use Field Service Contract Administration to manage customer contracts and billing. We processed a cancellation on a contract in Contract Administration (Field Service - Transactions - Contract Administration - Contract Entry/Update - Selected a contract - clicked Cancel button - completed info). This contract is now showing as "Cancelled" in the bottom right corner of that screen. ...

Printing Form 1096
This function should be included in the software! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20ff4f89-dda7-4896-96f2-6d18c0df63b1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains T...

Extra pages in form printing
I have a form that exceeds a single printed page. When it is printed extra pages are produced. The extra pages occur after the first printed page but before the rest of the page of the form is printed and another extra page after the rest of the page is printed. The extra pages contain the same background used in the form. In design view I've made sure to shorten up the background to be even with the footer but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the extra pages in my printout? Thanks. -- Linda I still do not understand why people print forms. For...

Slow Sales Order form
Hi all! Several weeks ago, we successfully transferred our database from SQL Server 2000 to 2005. Below are our steps in transferring the database from 2000 to 2005: a) Backuped our SQL Server 2000 database b) Created an empty database in SQL Server 2005 c) Restored our SQL Server 2000 database to the empty SQL Server 2005 database At first, after the transfer, all functions of the application went very slow. Once I performed the update statistics, the speed of all the functions went back to normal except for some. This is what is causing me headaches right now - these functions th...