setting caption for table

Hello there

I have access ADP project.

In the project I have forms bound to table and present it as datasheet view.

Can I change the caption of the table which present? and not the name of the
field?

0
Roy

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

OT: demoralized tables
Kirk Kuykendall has a good overview on Common Table Expressions http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/CTE/62291/ but his conclusion contains a "new db term" (at least I had never seen it before)... "As you can see CTEs can be very useful. I have found them particularly handy when cleaning up demoralized tables. Like imported spread sheets." I assume it was on purpose and couldn't resist passing it on. We've all been there... gary I'm wondering if demoralized tables might be an undiscovered cause of file corruption. I would think that one table wit...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

Scrolling Tables list
When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or queries etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; making it difficult to find the item I want to select. This seems to be worse with my new computer. Are there settings I should adjust. "Crop scout" <Crop scout@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestiss�:771C65DD-5D6E-47EF-B987-C797A680FB59@microsoft.com... > When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or > queries > etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; makin...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

how can I set a scale drawing in visio?
I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... file => page setup => drawing scale al "Zvensk" <Zvensk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CA340AB-58F7-45D1-83EB-369CC5F441B1@microsoft.com... >I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... ...

how can i set the outlook express when receive email, the will be stored as a group (like as the newsgroup)
Thanks. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Win asked: | Thanks. ...

Table-lookup transformations
Hi, we are doing some table-lookup transformations based on LEFT and INNER joins. Probably around 100 - 50K rows/second or something like that. I have noticed that the lookups are getting slower and slower due to a growing database. The server itself is heavily loaded, CPU and IO-subsystem - which I know is not a good combination with SQL server :| I am looking for a way to increase the table-lookup transformation speed without mixing up things with SSIS.. Are there any good ways of doing table-lookup transformations within SQL server? Would it be a good idea to write s...

System/Organisation Settings and Email tracking Settings
my platform: Windows 2003 sp1,SQL 2005 & SQL reporting services,CRM 3.0. exchange is installed on a seperate domain controller. two weeks now into deployment and have managed to overcome most of the installation issues however I have noticed the following BUG: If i try to disable email tracking,or modify any properties within the email tracking settings window,the mail router will fail. 3 times now this has happened. the only way to fix it is to re-install CRM and do not touch the tracking options. ...

Pivot Table #46
Hello, I have pivot table based on data that identifies an item as "late" "late if not rec'd today" and "late if not shipped today". The totol lists the correct number from each category for a location but when I double click on that total I get a list of every entry for that location, not just the late etc. What am I doing wrong? When you double click on a total, does it generate a new worksheet? If yes, it is listing out all the data, which the total field is made up of. The other possibility is that you are unhiding a summary field. Govind. xgirl...

Corrupt / Missing Table
OK, so trying to diagnose a series of annoying problems, I've found that we are actually missing the ActivityBase table all together. I don't know how it happened, when it happened or why, but more importantly is that its gone, and we're adding data to the database faster than I can keep up. Any ideas on how to recreate the database? We can't afford to role back nor loose data in a reinstall... TIA! I would contact MBS support and open a support ticket. The $245 for the incident will be well worth it down thee road as you may have a lot of other problems as well. -- ...

Pivot table total decimal places rounding
The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is $1.43999999999994 in the total cell of the pivot table but I need just $1.44 I have formatted the table as currency and using 97. Pivot tables can lose their formatting if the data is refreshed. Reapply the formatting, and make sure that 'Preserve formatting' is checked (under PivotTable>Table Options). AM wrote: > The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. > I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is > $1.43999999999994 in the to...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

Create tables from xsd
I have some xsd files and I want to create tables from them. Is there a utility to do this. I have used the xsd.exe to create the classes from the xsd files and that worked. I am new to xml programming. Thank you -- Jerry Jerry C wrote: > I have some xsd files and I want to create tables from them. Is there a > utility to do this. I have used the xsd.exe to create the classes from the > xsd files and that worked. I am new to xml programming. Do you want to create data base tables? If so which data base management system do you target? Within the .NET framework class library ...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...

conditional format of data tables in charts
I've created a chart that is based on a data set where the cells have conditional formatting (if value a > value b then colour the cell red) I have the data table displayed with the chart (in chart options, 'show data table' is ticked), but the condtional formatting is not displayed in this table, i.e cells that are red in my original data set are not coloured in the chart table. Is there any way to apply the conditional format on the table displayed within the chart? Cheers Dan. Daniel, Unfortunately you can't apply conditional formating to data tables. However, yo...

set identity_insert not works for insert statement on SQL2008
Dear Experts, I skip all columns name and try a statement "insert into table1 select * from table2 where ...." but always prompt cannot insert IDENTITY_INSERT is on Table1 is the same column structure as table2 (actually I created table2 from running: select * into table2 from table1) I tried both SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON , or SET IDENTITY_INSERT OFF before insert statement , but also not works. Could anyone know how to skip typing all columns name when insert from another table ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > I skip all columns name an...