Setting a parent form value based on a subform entry

Hi all,
I have a parent/child form setup, where selecting a value from a bound
combobox within the subform datasheet should override another bound combobox
in the parent.  All of the AfterUpdate code worked fine in an Access 2003
MDB format, but when I try the same thing in an Access 2003 ADP project, I
get the Jet error 7787 and the changes get flushed when the record gets
refreshed.

The parent form field isn't 100% dependent on the selection in the subform -
it just forces the overwrite to begin with, and then the user is free to
change it afterwards.

Is there no way to push a value into a bound combobox in an Access 2003 ADP
file?

Thanks,
dave

0
dave

Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up
please help.... Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly. re-instal wont help deleting registry entry dasn.t help. windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0) .. Are you using an administrator account to run the software? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://registe...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Set a range from a variable location
I am using a loop function that will eventually select and activate a specific cell known as "TheCurrentCell." Once I reach that location I want to use that coordinate as the upper left area of a new range. Supposing that the end cell of my range is D1000, the Range selection would be something like Range(TheCurrentCell:D1000).select, however, I don't know the correct syntax to make this happen. Please help. Thank you. Use something like Range(Selection.Address & ":D1000").Select. "Troubled User" wrote: > I am using a loop function that will...

How to sort calendar entries on "size"
I would like to remove large size calendar entries by being able to sort on "size". I am able to sort Inbox items on size but not calendar. My company's exchange server has email account size quota and a 3rd of that quota is being held up by calendar entries on the server side, so I would like to get rid of the unwanted past celndar entries that occupy portion of my account quota. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Umesh On 11/18/03 9:21 PM, in article 049b01c3ae43$d9cf01d0$a301280a@phx.gbl, "Umesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would...

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Setting up my work outlook account at home
I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. This is really a question for your Mail Administrator. This depends on what ISP is used for work or if you use the Exchange Server. Then there may be a domain access issue. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049a01c39db2$d8df2cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. ...

Manual Entry of Puchase Order
We just upgraded to 2.0 and had been running 1.2 for a few years and only upgraded to fix a database problem. Now I have a new one. We put our purchase orders in manualy because it gives us more control of price changes, etc. The new purchase order screens have thrown my entry into a tailspin. Our main vendor has an invoice that is anywhere from 300 - 700 lines and in this new version, manual entry is almost impossible. Any suggestions?????? You can try TOP Import: http://www.retailhero.com/dynamics_rms_order_import.aspx You can either use a data collector to scan items or just simply f...

How to set dependencies on project
Hello all, I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied settings from the existing project (Build->Configurations->Add). When I build the new project, it does not pickup any of the dependencies from sub-projects (ie I get link errors for all of them). Can someone tell me where to set these for the new project? The Project->Dependencies dialog list all dependencies for the project and are checked. Thanks mike wrote: > Hello all, > I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied settings > from the existing project (Build->Con...

Set default address book automatically (registry)
I know I have done this before a few years back in another site - but I cant remember how. We need to set the default lookup address book for all our 2000+ OL2k3 users and to use a specific lookup order. I know they could each do this manually but we have 2000+ users and the support overhead would be huge. We dont want to users to use the GAL as their default lookup (which it is out of the box) because it contains lost of confusing system addresses and duplicate names for the same person in different security level networks; which the users find VERY confusing to distinguish between). We wan...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...

Compare each value in a range to each value in another range
I am looking for a macro that will return a comparison of each cell in a range to each cell in another range. example. the first range would have vales of 1,2,3 and the second range would have values of 5,6,7 Thus the macro should return 9 possible comparisons: 1 & 5, 1 & 6, 1 & 7, 2 & 5, 2 & 6, 2 & 7, 3 & 5, 3 & 6, 3 & 7, Can anybody help me with this?? Just hazarding some thoughts here .. Perhaps using formulas would suffice ? Example: Assume 1st range is A1:A3, 2nd range is B1:B3. Then Compare 1st range against 2nd range I...

parent window?
hi, Im trying to display bmp image using static control.I have created a pointer as cstatic stc; when i use stc.Create(NULL,SS_BITMAP,pos,?); what shall i give for the parent window of static control? i used getactivewindow(),but i was not able to display bmp when setbitmap(Hbmp) is used. thanks in advance susi ...

How to delete incorrect entries from Dictionary
On occasion, Outlook 2000 recommends a spelling that's obviously incorrect. I suppose that I clicked on a word too hastily. I'd like to remove these incorrect entries but how? tools, options, spelling, edit dictionary (from any app that supports the office spell check) - its also available from the spell check screen when you press F7 or you can search for custom.dic and edit it with notepad. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visu...

RDNS setting on exchange V5.5
Hi there, We are using exchange V5.5 on a windows 2000 member server. One of our customer can not send email to us but we can send email to them successfully. When he try to telnet our email server's port 25, it will take about 2 minutes for the banner to come out. but our other customer have no problem to send email to us Is there any where setting option in the Echange server V5.5 to specify the Reverse DNS lookup, I suspect our email server have the RDNS setting and it cause the particular customer can not send email to us. thanks, Steve http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?
I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me how to correct or whether it can be corrected. I've tried creating different rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I can think. Here is the scenario. Although I'm using Lisa as an example, this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office. Lisa is my secretary. She sends me internal email, staff questions and stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox. I have a rule for this. She also sends me mail she has scanned. I ha...

How do I set my office hours.
I work different hours than others in my department. They are always scheduling meetings when I am not at work. Also there have been several new members added to the team in another state that do not know my schedule. How do I indicate in my calendar what my office hours are? Ben Woodford <Ben Woodford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I indicate in my calendar what my office hours are? Tools>Options>Calendar Options. However, I don't think that will affect what others view when they schedule a meeting with you. If you're using Exchange, enable the Out...