selected row count of list box

A2k

Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as
the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but
Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list
box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's
selected. How can this be done?

I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use
it in to accomplish what I need.

Thanks,

Keith

0
Keith

Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections:

Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdate()
    Me.txtSelRowCount = lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count
End Sub

Private Sub lstCusts_Click()
    Me.txtSelRowCount = lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count
End Sub

Private Sub lstCusts_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)

"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> A2k
>
> Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as
> the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but
> Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the
list
> box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows
he's
> selected. How can this be done?
>
> I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use
> it in to accomplish what I need.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

0
Keith
10/11/2007 3:33:10 PM
"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> A2k
>
> Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as
> the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but
> Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the
> list
> box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows
> he's
> selected. How can this be done?
>
> I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use
> it in to accomplish what I need.

Use the listbox's OnClick event.

0
Stuart
10/11/2007 3:38:20 PM
> Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections:
>
> Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdate()
>    Me.txtSelRowCount = lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub lstCusts_Click()
>    Me.txtSelRowCount = lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub lstCusts_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>    Me.txtSelRowCount = lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count
> End Sub
>

> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> A2k
>>
>> Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as
>> the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged"
>> but
>> Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the
> list
>> box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows
> he's
>> selected. How can this be done?
>>
>> I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to
>> use
>> it in to accomplish what I need.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Keith

You really only need the click event. It responds to both kbd & mouse.

0
Stuart

How to select series in chart?

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

OLK 2k7

Single click selects multiple cells

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Getting rid of selection

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

Macro
Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. Can this be done? Thanks!!! Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ xlNumbers + xlTextValues).Select If you want to select xlErrors and xlLogical add those to xlNumbers + xlTextValues -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. > Can this be done? > Thanks!!! It's perfect! Thanks! "Jacob Skaria" a scris: > Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ >...

How to use count for calls per hour

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

How to place a stable title row?
Hi there! For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than 1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top, while you scroll up and down the rest of the content. I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column. Thanks for your help in advance! One way: Assuming headers are in row1, Select A2. Click Window > Freeze pane This freezes the 1st row, so it always remains in view w...

Format List Box!

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

Print a list of movies
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns (No and Name of Movie). There are 322 rows. I would like to print this so that I have the first 44 rows on the left side of the page and the next 44 rows on the right side of the page. I would like to keep this setup on all pages. These cells have color formatting and numbers that I need to keep with each cell. How do I do this? -- Terri Sprague www.tlsprague.com Hi Teri, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...