See new record in puCombo Box

I have a form, "Users" sourced to a User table.  I have another
form,"OwnsBoats", sourced to another table.  Within  this other form, I have
a combo box that is Row Sourced to the user table and Control Sourced to a
field in the other form's underlying table.

When I enter a new user in the User form, then open the OwnsBoats form, the
combo box will not show the new user.  I have tried OnUpdate docmd.runcmd
accmdsave and I have had the code close the user form before opening the
other form.  The new user is definitely in the user table, but still doesn't
show in the combo box.  If I close the OwnsBoatss form and reopen, it will
show.  Is this normal or is it a bug?
I am using A2007 wit W7.

Are you trying to do this in a continuous form? It won't work that way.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form, "Users" sourced to a User table.  I have another
> form,"OwnsBoats", sourced to another table.  Within  this other form, I
> have
> a combo box that is Row Sourced to the user table and Control Sourced to a
> field in the other form's underlying table.
>
> When I enter a new user in the User form, then open the OwnsBoats form,
> the
> combo box will not show the new user.  I have tried OnUpdate docmd.runcmd
> accmdsave and I have had the code close the user form before opening the
> other form.  The new user is definitely in the user table, but still
> doesn't
> show in the combo box.  If I close the OwnsBoatss form and reopen, it will
> show.  Is this normal or is it a bug?
> I am using A2007 wit W7.

0
Arvin
5/16/2010 3:13:52 AM
Yes, both forms are continuous .  I changed code that the command to  open
the 2nd form actually performs  an open-close-open action and works.  Clumsy,
but so fast that user won't see anything annoying.   Thanks for
direction-much appreciated.

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you trying to do this in a continuous form? It won't work that way.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.accessmvp.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
>

> "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a form, "Users" sourced to a User table.  I have another
> > form,"OwnsBoats", sourced to another table.  Within  this other form, I
> > have
> > a combo box that is Row Sourced to the user table and Control Sourced to a
> > field in the other form's underlying table.
> >
> > When I enter a new user in the User form, then open the OwnsBoats form,
> > the
> > combo box will not show the new user.  I have tried OnUpdate docmd.runcmd
> > accmdsave and I have had the code close the user form before opening the
> > other form.  The new user is definitely in the user table, but still
> > doesn't
> > show in the combo box.  If I close the OwnsBoatss form and reopen, it will
> > show.  Is this normal or is it a bug?
> > I am using A2007 wit W7.
>

> .

Moving comment box leader arrow head
Can I move the position of the head of a comment arrow from one corner of the cell it references to another corner? When I display the comment box/arrow for printing it looks as if it is refering to the cell on the right, since the comment arrow points to the upper-right corner of the cell, instead of the upper-left. Francisco ...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

unbound text box
I have an unbound text box that fills a subform called that has a bound textbox. I want to have the color of the font to change in the unbound box if I have the checkbox as true. I want that color to hold even after I move the record to the subform. I am really having a lot of problems with this. jwebster1979, Several options available but which one(s) depends on what version of Access... -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.h...

Check Box
I have a table linked from an SQL Server database that I would like to update through an Access form. I need to use a series of check boxes to adjust over 100 different fields, but I need the check boxes to update the fields in the linked table with 1 for yes instead of -1. The reason for this is that the other software that loads information from the database uses 1 as the value for yes and cannot be configured otherwise. I cannot use custom formatting on the table fields since they are linked. I am assuming that a VB script is the way to go, but am having trouble getting...

Creating a new company #2
Hi GP experts. I am trying to create a new company through GP utility v9. In the additional task window I don't see "creating new company option from the drag down box, any ideas? I login as sa Thanks Hi Mecn It sounds like you are on a work Station that does not have the SQL folder. To create companies you client needs to the server installation. If you login to the server you will probably have no issue. You may also want to try copying the SQL folder from the server to you local installation (Place it under the GP folder) and then relaunch untilities and you will prob...

Unshare multiple records
Hello, all ! After some of our CRM managers were fired there are still the objects, to which the fired managers had the access (sharing). So is it possible to delete form the Access Control List the fired managers? There is the section in documentation "Unshare multiple records" But why in the CRM itself after choosing the some notes, and pressing the button sharing - the window "You can only view the access right for one record ..." appears: In such case it is not possible to delete the fired managers from the list. Is there any possibility to render automatic Uns...

new currency and set it default
how can i put new symbol of currency and set it to default? Hi Soe! You can change it with: Start > Control Panel > Regional & Language Options Customize Currency Tab Change the currency. Apply OK (These are for Windows XP but you should be able to "follow your nose" after double clicking on Regional) Usually currencies available are limited to a narrow range based on your country setting but there is nothing to stop you inserting a different one. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifi...

Using labels to select records
I have several labels on my main page, that are used as buttons. They all four digit names i.e "2279" corresponding to different truck numbers When they are clicked they all open the same form. At the top of this form is a textbox, and I would like it to display the number of the truck selected. The second form contains different buttons containing types of equipment on the trucks. When I click on these buttons I would like the third form only to display the information for the type of equipment (I have a separate table for all the equipment) and the truck selected on the firs...

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! Thanks Florin The actual command to change the background color is me.fieldname.backcolor = # ' # for the color you want or vbRed or some such to represent the color. HOWEVER 1) it will not work on a datasheet view. 2) There is no event for row doubleclick 3) if you use form doublec...

How can I check a combo box content or value or something
Hi. I need to check if my combobox has something on it, what I mean is if my users choose any value. I need something looked like: if combo1 then msgbox "you must choose an option on Combo1" exit sub end if How can I do something looked like? Regards, Marco Marco, In the AfterUpdate event of the combo type, if IsNull(combo1.text) then msgbox "you must choose an option on Combo1" End If "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B57DBB-74BC-4177-AB68-A87153654F34@microsoft.com... > Hi. I need to check if my combobox h...

Outlook 2003, managing large client list, new to program
Please bear with me and this long post. I work at a hair salon with a large client list. We are in the process of updating our computer, going from an old 486 using Q&A Database. It's not used for appointments, just for keeping track of client visits and any needed details such as color/perm info. Right now, we use a paper card system. Each day, the next day's client cards are pulled, their appointment time noted on the card, a "reminder" call is placed, and the cards are used the next day by the stylists. New or changed info is written by hand on the back of the ca...

Hot to shift Outlook 2003 to new machine
I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old machine. As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages, tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine??? Your advice would be appreciated Scooter The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates for itself: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx More information here: http://www.slips...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #4
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

I did something and I can no longer see the contennts of my inbox.
I somehow did something and cant see the dcontents of my inbox. I know that stuff is still in it because the number keeps increasing. frustrated <frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I somehow did something and cant see the dcontents of my inbox. I > know that stuff is still in it because the number keeps increasing. 1) What version of Outlook? 2) What View are you using? 3) What column are you using to sort your Inbox? -- Brian Tillman ...

old program, new program Publisher
I have MS Publisher 2003 on computer, My son instaled MS publisher 2.0a from 1991-1993 now when I try to open anything I have done on 2003 the old program takes over and can not open the file. I haved looked for the older program to uninstall but all I can find is the 2003 program. Can someone please help?!!! two4ever2002 <two4ever2002@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have MS Publisher 2003 on computer, My son instaled MS publisher > 2.0a from 1991-1993 now when I try to open anything I have done on > 2003 the old program takes over and can no...

Applying recurring bill payments to new a newly created auto loan?
I'm using Money 2005 and curious as to how to resolve my problem. I purchased a vehicle 6 months ago and was too lazy to create a new loan and apply the payments in a recurring bill to that balance. I just created a new bill and put my car payment amount and who I pay the loan to as the payee. I want to create a New Auto loan with a balance and interest rate, BUT have the payments i've already made in a recurring bill go to that newly created Loan... Any ideas? Hope that made sense :) Untested procedure assuming Advanced Registers/Advanced Bills: Create the loan and say payme...

creating a connection to the current record
this is about code I have written behind the OnPrint event of a report's detail section... how would I go about creating a connection/relationship between the current record and the recordset(s) I have opened in the code behind the OnPrint; could you suggest what the code might be like? as always, thanks in advance, mark ...

Cannot Stop Enter Key From Creating Record
I have an application that evaluates the results of nutrition classes given to needy people of all ages on how to prepare nutritious meals from the food received from Harvesters. There are three option groups, three text boxes and a check box for permission to use their name. In an effort to insist on accurate data, the user is supposed to click on an "Add Record" button which uses the Click event procedure and VBA to check the accuracy of entries. I have added the following code to the Form keypress event to try to prevent the enter key from being functional at all: Privat...

Global Customer Records constantly downloaded with 401
When I run a stye 401 on all of my stores, every time HQ seems to download customer records. Is this intended? Each store has two log entries every time 401 is run: Received 286 new global customer record(s) from HQ. Updated 286 global customer record(s) in store database. This happens regardless of whether there is any activity. Also of interest - I have 354 customers in the database. What is the 286 all about? I am experiencing the exact same thing. Mine is 681 records and counting. It is definitely not intended. I can't figure out what the problem is. Tom -- Stop fishing ...

Unselect item in list box?
I have several multi-select list boxes on a form. Some of them have more items than I have room to display on the form, but the scroll bar allows the user to see all the list items. I also have a button for the user to click to clear all the selections: Sub cmdClear_Click() Me.lstElement = "" Me.lstState = "" End Sub This code works great unless the user scrolls the list box so that the item selected is no longer visible. It is the strangest thing. If I can visually "see" the item selected and click cmdClear, the item is no longer selected (which is ...

Clear text box when opening a form
In Access 2007, I'm using the "column History" feature to maintain a list of previous comments. On a form, the user will enter some comments in the "Activity" text box and the column history will return the data with a date and time stamp. This works great. My question is, how can I clear the comments the user entered previously in the "Activity" text box next time he opens the form? The user over a period of time will continue adding comments and each time he has to manually clear it. That's probably an easy code to write but I don't ...

Transfer Office 2007 to my new computer running Windows 7
I purchased Office 2007 Ultimate online and downloaded the program through the Digital River website to my old computer running XL Home Edition. I misplaced the product key and need help transferring the program to my new computer running Windows 7. I do not have a program disk for the Office 2007 and the download timeframe expired soon after my purchase. "jeff wilder" <jeff wilder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A843A7AF-9227-400A-9011-26001951CD68@microsoft.com... > I purchased Office 2007 Ultimate online and downloaded the program through ...

Check boxes on querys
i have a query about search for if a check box is ticked or not on a query. On one database if the box is ticked it is shown as -1 when i do a search, which is great as i can just search for those with -1 in it. However we have another database designed by someone else where in the search it is just showing as a box with a tick on it, -1 doesnt work, Is Null, Is Not Null doesnt work, does anyone know how to define the criteria on this checkbox that it picks up just those that are ticked/or not ticked? Many thanks Cathy, I am surprised that using -1 in the criteria doesn't work. I...

New Domain #2
I have a Win2k server running as a Domain Controller with Exchange 2000. The current domain name is xxxxx.local (no external access) Currently we have been using pop3 accounts for email (using outlook). I want to add our www.xxxxx.com to this server and send and receive emails direct. Can anyone point me in the right direction for intructions please? Do I need to change the domain name or can I leave the .local and just add support for the new domain name? "David A" <DavidA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Win2k server running as a Domain Controller with...

Please help, Issues moving a CRM4 database to a new server and dom
Hi, I know there are a few posts here about this but nothing works for me. My Goal is to move a database to another server in another location with a different domain. Here is what I tried. I backed up the database on the current server (domain name: serverusa). I did backup both the MSCRM and the Config. First I tried to install MSCRM fresh on the new server (Domain name: server-ebm) I then checked it and I could access the CRM fine on the server using IE. Then I did go to the SQM management and restored the MSCRM database from a dump. After this I can access but it tells me "Inva...