Save Query Results as table to another Access Database

I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql
server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel.  Occasionally the reports
are too big for excel.

I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4
stored procs as tables in a new Access database.

right now I have it returning the results as a query.

How do I save the results in another database?

Thanks,
--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using  SQL Server 2000, Office 2000  and Office 2003

Hi Billy

The following SQL statement should do it for you:

SELECT * INTO [TableName]
IN 'C:\Path\External DB.mdb'
FROM [QueryName];
--
Good Luck  :-)

Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
Auckland, New Zealand

"BillyRogers" <BillyRogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in
>sql
> server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel.  Occasionally the
> reports
> are too big for excel.
>
> I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4
> stored procs as tables in a new Access database.
>
> right now I have it returning the results as a query.
>
> How do I save the results in another database?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Billy Rogers
>
> Dallas,TX
>
> Currently Using  SQL Server 2000, Office 2000  and Office 2003

0
Graham
10/18/2007 8:11:41 PM
thanks Graham that helps a lot.

How can I make it create the database if it doesn't already exist?
--

"Graham Mandeno" wrote:

> Hi Billy
>
> The following SQL statement should do it for you:
>
> SELECT * INTO [TableName]
> IN 'C:\Path\External DB.mdb'
> FROM [QueryName];
> --
> Good Luck  :-)
>
> Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
> Auckland, New Zealand
>

> "BillyRogers" <BillyRogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in
> >sql
> > server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel.  Occasionally the
> > reports
> > are too big for excel.
> >
> > I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4
> > stored procs as tables in a new Access database.
> >
> > right now I have it returning the results as a query.
> >
> > How do I save the results in another database?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Billy Rogers
> >
> > Dallas,TX
> >
> > Currently Using  SQL Server 2000, Office 2000  and Office 2003

Hi Billy

Dim dbNew as DAO.Database
Set dbNew = DBEngine.CreateDatabase( "C:\Path\External DB.mdb" )
dbNew.Close

--

> thanks Graham that helps a lot.
>
> How can I make it create the database if it doesn't already exist?
> --
> Billy Rogers
>
> Dallas,TX
>
> Currently Using  SQL Server 2000, Office 2000  and Office 2003
>

> "Graham Mandeno" wrote:
>
>> Hi Billy
>>
>> The following SQL statement should do it for you:
>>
>> SELECT * INTO [TableName]
>> IN 'C:\Path\External DB.mdb'
>> FROM [QueryName];
>> --
>> Good Luck  :-)
>>
>> Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
>> Auckland, New Zealand
>>

>> "BillyRogers" <BillyRogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs
>> >in
>> >sql
>> > server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel.  Occasionally the
>> > reports
>> > are too big for excel.
>> >
>> > I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4
>> > stored procs as tables in a new Access database.
>> >
>> > right now I have it returning the results as a query.
>> >
>> > How do I save the results in another database?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > --
>> > Billy Rogers
>> >
>> > Dallas,TX
>> >
>> > Currently Using  SQL Server 2000, Office 2000  and Office 2003

0
Graham

Help, I cannot Save!

open two different Access reports

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Web query timeout setting.

.pdf save as settings

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

Error in database....

compact database in VBA access 2007

Problem with Database Wizard

LDAP Write access?

MS Access 2007 code not running

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

item class table