Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object

Hi

I have an application running in Access 2003 that is trying to open a
second Access application

and get the following error

Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object

The references all seem OK - I have references to
Visual Basic for Applications
MS Access 10.0 Object Library
MS DAO 3.6 Object Library
MS ACtiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
OLE Automation

My code is as follows

Dim acApp As Access.Application
Dim strDBPath As String

strDBPath = "C:\NewAppName.mdb"

Set acApp = New Access.Application
With acApp
..OpenCurrentDatabase strDBPath
..DoCmd.OpenForm "frmStart", acNormal
End With

It compiles OK, but fails at the line Set acApp = New
Access.Application

Thanks
0
Dave

VS2005 migration error
Hello everyone, I have solution made back in VC++ .NET, then migrated to VS 2005 beta. But after installing full version of VS2005 I have a strange error. There is a class with some members, let's call it SomeClass. And then declared CArray for objects of that class: CArray <SomeClass, SomeClass> array_SC; Then in code: --------------- DWORD someValue = array_SC[i].someMember; //--> it produces error C2228 (left of '.identifier' must have class/struct/union) -------------- // but if I change it to... -------------- SomeClass sc = array_SC[i]; DWORD someValue = sc....

Remote another objects in a another applications
Dear All... Is it possible to control or to remote another objects in another msaccess application from the current msacces applications, that opens in the same time. I had a form to edit some records, and I want to display the results in the other form in the other applications and in the same time I could also control/remote that application like open or close forms or other objects. Currently I'm using dual monitors that attached to one computer but located in different rooms. Is it make any sense?... I've already knew how to remote one object from another in one same ap...

Error while execution of process
Hello all I have 5 PC's and 1 server with echange services installed and I'am using outlook 2000 as email cli�nt. At different times he gives me te error "Fout bij het uitvoeren van bewerking" in dutch and translated is that "Error while execution of process". The only thing i can do is click the OK button. Than everthing seems to work fine again. I get the error message sometimes when i open a menu, other times when i want to reply to a message, ... Does anyone have an idea?! I've installed the latest updates. Kind regards Erwin On all 5 PC's...

Data Save error
GP Ver 6.0. Recently I am facing an error with normal users unable to save records, where as the system administrator is able to save the same information. Please advice on this error, what has to be done. I have disabled the windows user ID of the Database owner. Thinking of this made Dynasa as the DBO. Database is having enough free space available. Hi How big is the company database? Is it over 10GB? Regards James "Matthews" <Matthews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FF3F553-5B18-4D8A-B65E-8A253BF94BB2@microsoft.com... > GP Ver 6.0. Recently I...

Running Balance in excel pivot table
Hi, Have rows: Product, transaction no have data fields: qty rec, qty iss, balance (calculated field: qty rec - qty iss) want balance to be a running total with base field of product so want something like: ======================================================= product--------doc no-----------------rec-------------------- iss-----------------------balance ======================================================= acetic acid -------------------opnbal/ 1-----------------4----------------------0---------------------- (4-0)=4 -------------------sales/ inv-----------------0--------------------...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different processes running on three different computers. In the middle of all this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) and then posting returns to normal. Only one of the nine processes will be affected. None of the applications are connecting/reconnection. Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer ...

Outlook Shutdown Problem
Office XP standard on XP Pro machine, in a Workgroup with a file server. Outlook works fine, however when closing Outlook, all indications are that it has closed, but opening Task Manager reveals that Outlook.exe is still running. If you try to shut puter down, Outlook "End Program" pops up. If you try to reopen Outlook, without killing in task manager, a second Outlook.exe pops up in Task Manager, but Outlook never opens. If you continue to click on Outlook icon, you can open a seemingly infinite number of Outlook.exe's. Have run "Detect and Repair" and have ...

Creating a duplicate lead
Am I right in assuming there is no way to create a duplicate lead from an existing one? I'm asking because I have multiple people within the same company - would like to add a second lead without retyping all the address info, etc., that would be exactly the same. check out the free c360 Clone utility: http://www.c360.com/Clone.aspx It'll do what you need. -Sarah B. "jjohnson" wrote: > Am I right in assuming there is no way to create a duplicate lead from an > existing one? I'm asking because I have multiple people within the same > company - would ...

Message box error check box
I have built a databse, on a form i have a close button i want to do a few checks to see if certain text boxes have data in them. I would want message box and then i want it to set focus to that box ( and highty llight it in red if pos) I have about 10 checks to do on every form that the best way to do this "Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message news:f628c1d7-0598-4d75-bc3a-6c41df313870@m16g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >I have built a databse, on a form i have a close button i want to do > a few checks to see if certain text boxes have data in the...

Getting Windows Installer error message when starting Office appli
When I start an Office application I initially get a "Windows Installer" window to pop up stating "Preparing to install...". Approximately 30 seconds or so later a window pops up titled "Problem with Shortcut". The statement in this window is "This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer update package." I am running Vista and Office 2007. This has not been a problem in the past. It appears a recent...

Link Error
Hi! All, I have added the "afxcmn.h" to get the "CImageList" type to do some graphical interface enhancements. The Programs compile fine, but I run itnot Problems during Linking.. I know this is not the Forum, but if something is obvious , please do point it to me. this is how I added it to my 'StdAfx.h' #ifndef _AFX_NO_AFXCMN_SUPPORT #include "afxcmn.h" #include "afxcview.h" #endif #include <windows.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <atlbase.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include <richedit.h> #include <t...

SNMP Object ID (oid)
We monitor the CPU Utilization of our Exchange Server to make sure it is not over 90% utilization. If it is; it is almost certain that store.exe is hanging and the server needs to be rebooted. We use the oid for Processor Activity - % percentProcessorTime which is 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.9.1.3.0. Does anyone know if there is an Oid for ExchangeIMC so we can track the amount of queues are in the Mail Connector? We use IPMonitor from mediahouse to page us if the thresholds are increased. Thanks for checking this out. ...

Wnat to change email address of Public Folder email address with Exchange 2003! Get error
The HTTP service used by Public Folder is not avialable, possible are that the Public stores are not mounted and the Information Store service i snot running. Id no: c1030af Exchange System Manager Used as part of SBS 2K3 Publick folders and information services are started and working properly! Questions? 1) How to fix Public stores are not mounted? How? 2) Fixed with Exchange SP1 "Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:z0Nqe.59554$887.53617@tornado.socal.rr.com... > The HTTP service used by Public Folder is not avialable, possible ...

error messages #3
I am getting the error message "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" whenever I try to change a font size or bold the font. Is there a solution to this? Hi Marc! See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292263 Also Leo Heuser posted a subroutine back in May 2001 to remove unused formats. http://tinyurl.com/2uq9e -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

I need a Macro that will open workbooks and run a different Macro.
Hello, Is there a way for a macro to open all workbooks in a folder and then run another macro? I have the 'other macro' written already, I just need a macro that will open 200 spreadsheets - (they are not in the same folder but I can move them if needed, they are in the same directory) - , one at a time, then run my macro, then save each spreadsheet. I've asked a similar question of this forum (specifically dealing with txt files - thank you Jim Cone.) and I've tried to modify that Macro so it will open *.xls files but I can get it to work. Any help with this will...

Creating company wide calendars
Hello, I need your help. I am testing Exchange 2003 and would like to create a shared calendar that everyone in the company can access for company events. Is it possible and if it is, how do you create such a calendar? Thank you for your help. Yes, create a Public Folder for the calendar. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Demetrius Samaras" <dsamaras@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:07a301c3b5eb$4db315b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need your help. > > I am testing Exchange 2003 and would like to ...

Link Errors __endthreadex and __beginthreadex
I've started to teach myself Windows Programing with Visual C++ 6.0 with SP6. I'm using "MFC Programing from the GROUND UP" second ed. Copy his examples into a new proj. with new workspace set for an empty win32 application. They compile with no errors but I have Link Errors on "unresolved external symbol __endthreadex" and unresolved external symbol __endthreadex" and __beginthreadex. What am I missing? Thanks for any help forthcoming. you forget to enable support of MFC dll in your project, Enable it from following location Project|setting or pres...

Outlook 2003 error message #6
Has anyone seen this error message? We are running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5. Does not happen all the time. Usually happens on DSL link. I cannot re-create it. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: (subject) Sent: 2/25/2004 8:40 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: (End user) on 2/25/2004 8:40 AM Remote was unable to open a message for submission on the server.Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Thanks in advance ...

Sorting file list by date/time...
Hello, does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date and time, but contains only the filenames. Is there a MFC function or a shell function of the OS which could ease the job instead of doing it manually? Regards, Diana On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:39:50 +0200, "Diana Bulthaupt" <Diana.Bulthaupt(at)web.de> wrote: >does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a >directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date >an...

Outlook running slow
Hi It can take up to 10 seconds for the contents of an E Mail to appear in the preview pane, and the same time to view the whole message. All other applications run like lightning so its not the computer. Can anyone help to speed Outlook up Neil Outlook 2002/XP? Disable the Windows Messenger integration; Tools-> Options-> tab Other -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tr...

Creating signatures but leaving them optional
Hello -- I've just had to re-load my operating system and then Office (and Outlook). The way I used to be set up, I had a signature that I could include in an outgoing email message by going Alt-I-S (and then I think the first letter of the name of the signature). In more than half my emails, I don't use a signature, but in others, I have a standard signature I want to include. So I'd like to be able to include the signat ure with a simple key-stroke combination, but otherwise leave messages unsigned. I can't figure out how to do this now -- if I create a signature, i...

Outlook 03 Startup error msg
Just recently when I started outlook the following error windows started: DDESERVER WINDOW - Outlook.exe - Entry Point Not Found "The procedure enrty point GetIUMS not located in MSDART.DLL (2 times) DDESERVER WINDOW - Outlook Today - Entry Point Not Found "The procedure enrty point GetIUMS not located in MSDART.DLL (4 times) I've tried detect and repair, but that has not repaired the problem. MSKB doen't have any solutions. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution to correct the problem? ...

Windows updates won't run
I just realized that updates has not run since February 12, 2009. I tried to tell it to run and it says it is searching for updates but never finishes. I did get an error message earlier but do not remember the error code number. Now, I ask it to search for updates and it goes out and searches but never finishes. The Task Manager shows that the job is running. any thoughts? Thank in Advance "bfjplt" <bfjplt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491C6205-08C1-44A1-B3DD-98E4AAE66C26@microsoft.com... > I just realized that updates has not run since...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

KDC event log error 11
I have a client that has installed MS CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003 PE. It looks like a bad install. It appears they may have even installed it twice because there are 2 x ‘CompanyX CRM version 1.2’ websites in IIS (one installed over the top of companyweb), and their RRW doesn’t work. They didn’t set up a new user to run the CRM service - they installed as Administrator and CRM uses that. They are getting KDC error's in the event log (event ID 11) and have complained about authentication errors. There are several different SPN's listed in the event log as being duplicated. The errors look ...