Run-time error 2465 after database import

I'm trying to tidy up a database by starting with a fresh, blank database 
(Access 2000) and importing everything from the original database. Here are 
the steps I've gone through:

1. Started with a blank database.

2. Set all the properties to be the same as the original database. I've set 
the properties in:
    - File / Database Properties
    - Tools / Startup
    - Tools / Options
    - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / database Properties
    - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / Options
    - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / References

3. Selected File / Get External Data / Import and imported all tables, 
queries, etc. (including checking the boxes to import relationships and 
menus & toolbars).

After doing all of this I start getting odd errors in the new database that 
didn't exist in the original database. Specifically I'm getting "Run-time 
error 2465 ... database can't find the field 'PaddedLotNumber' referred to 
in your expression". PaddedLotNumber is a function I have in one of my 
modules. If I go into debug at this point and try using PaddedLotNumber in 
immediate mode, I get the same error. But as soon as I click Stop to end 
processing and try using PaddedLotNumber, it works fine.

Initially I assumed that this was being caused by missing or incorrect 
references, but I've checked all of them and they are identical in the two 
databases. I can't find any differences between the two databases. (Except, 
of course, that the system tables in the fresh one are lots smaller - which 
is why I'm going through this procedure in the first place.)

I've tried decompiling, compact & repair, recompiling, etc. but I continue 
to get the 2465 error in the new database.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

James 


0
James
6/15/2007 6:10:02 AM
access.formscoding 7493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
1228 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

Hi Maurice,

I'm not switching versions. The original database is in Access 2000 and the 
new one is also Access 2000. Everything is also being done on the same 
machine. I'm just trying to create a tidied-up copy of the original 
database.

So far the only error I'm encountering is with the function, but I've really 
tested very little. I got that error on the first thing I tried after 
import, and so I haven't looked any further for other errors.

Thanks!

James




"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:9756A92A-E973-4666-B10F-96167626E441@microsoft.com...
> James,
>
> What version as you importing into to? What's the old version it comes 
> from?
> Is the function the only problem you are encountering or are you getting
> other issues as wel.
>
> -- 
> Maurice Ausum
>
>
> "James Martin" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to tidy up a database by starting with a fresh, blank database
>> (Access 2000) and importing everything from the original database. Here 
>> are
>> the steps I've gone through:
>>
>> 1. Started with a blank database.
>>
>> 2. Set all the properties to be the same as the original database. I've 
>> set
>> the properties in:
>>     - File / Database Properties
>>     - Tools / Startup
>>     - Tools / Options
>>     - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / database Properties
>>     - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / Options
>>     - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / References
>>
>> 3. Selected File / Get External Data / Import and imported all tables,
>> queries, etc. (including checking the boxes to import relationships and
>> menus & toolbars).
>>
>> After doing all of this I start getting odd errors in the new database 
>> that
>> didn't exist in the original database. Specifically I'm getting "Run-time
>> error 2465 ... database can't find the field 'PaddedLotNumber' referred 
>> to
>> in your expression". PaddedLotNumber is a function I have in one of my
>> modules. If I go into debug at this point and try using PaddedLotNumber 
>> in
>> immediate mode, I get the same error. But as soon as I click Stop to end
>> processing and try using PaddedLotNumber, it works fine.
>>
>> Initially I assumed that this was being caused by missing or incorrect
>> references, but I've checked all of them and they are identical in the 
>> two
>> databases. I can't find any differences between the two databases. 
>> (Except,
>> of course, that the system tables in the fresh one are lots smaller - 
>> which
>> is why I'm going through this procedure in the first place.)
>>
>> I've tried decompiling, compact & repair, recompiling, etc. but I 
>> continue
>> to get the 2465 error in the new database.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> James
>>
>>
>> 


0
James
6/15/2007 8:25:39 AM
Why did you decide to "tidy up" your db to begin with? Were you having any
problems with it? What is the name of the module that holds PaddedLotNumber?
It's not, perhaps, PaddedLotNumber is it? People often make the mistake of
naming the module the same as the function and this royally fouls up Access,
often leading to very odd behavior, sometimes working, sometimes not. Finally,
it might be worth the effort to make a new blank db and import everything
again, but omitting Step # 2 in your original post. Don't go setting the db
properties *before* importing. See if it runs then worry about your db
settings later. Most, if not all of them, including references, are going to
be the same if this is on the same machine, as I believe you stated.

-- 
There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1

0
missinglinq
6/15/2007 10:21:39 AM
Hi,

The immediate desire to tidy up the db was to reduce the size of the system 
tables. This is a database that has been running for years and has become 
quite bloated. It's only a front-end and all its data tables are in another 
file, but the system tables have become colossal. Moving everything to a new 
database reduces the size by almost 70%. Since we frequently have to e-mail 
the front-end (don't ask), reducing the size by this much is very helpful.

The secondary reason is that I have often read suggestions that when certain 
types of database corruption occur, the only solution is to start a fresh 
database and import everything. I haven't had this kind of a problem, but 
should it ever occur, I wanted to be prepared to do so in advance.

The name of the module that holds PaddedLotNumber is LotsUtilities.

I've tried it again, omitting step #2, and I get the same error. Then I 
adjusted the references (the ones I need aren't the default) and get the 
same error.

Any other thoughts?

James



"missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message 
news:73bb12ce26f1a@uwe...
> Why did you decide to "tidy up" your db to begin with? Were you having any
> problems with it? What is the name of the module that holds 
> PaddedLotNumber?
> It's not, perhaps, PaddedLotNumber is it? People often make the mistake of
> naming the module the same as the function and this royally fouls up 
> Access,
> often leading to very odd behavior, sometimes working, sometimes not. 
> Finally,
> it might be worth the effort to make a new blank db and import everything
> again, but omitting Step # 2 in your original post. Don't go setting the 
> db
> properties *before* importing. See if it runs then worry about your db
> settings later. Most, if not all of them, including references, are going 
> to
> be the same if this is on the same machine, as I believe you stated.
>
> -- 
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000
>
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1
> 


0
James
6/15/2007 11:32:54 AM
James,

First thing that came to mind reading the previous post was 'If it ain't 
broke don't fix it'. In your case nothing was broken but now you do have to 
fix it. In other words the original isn't broken. Why not make a copy of the 
original empty the tables etc.. then recompile the whole lot and then try 
appending the data via appendqueries. That way you should have a cleaned up 
db with fresh data.
-- 
Maurice Ausum


"James Martin" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> The immediate desire to tidy up the db was to reduce the size of the system 
> tables. This is a database that has been running for years and has become 
> quite bloated. It's only a front-end and all its data tables are in another 
> file, but the system tables have become colossal. Moving everything to a new 
> database reduces the size by almost 70%. Since we frequently have to e-mail 
> the front-end (don't ask), reducing the size by this much is very helpful.
> 
> The secondary reason is that I have often read suggestions that when certain 
> types of database corruption occur, the only solution is to start a fresh 
> database and import everything. I haven't had this kind of a problem, but 
> should it ever occur, I wanted to be prepared to do so in advance.
> 
> The name of the module that holds PaddedLotNumber is LotsUtilities.
> 
> I've tried it again, omitting step #2, and I get the same error. Then I 
> adjusted the references (the ones I need aren't the default) and get the 
> same error.
> 
> Any other thoughts?
> 
> James
> 
> 
> 
> "missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message 
> news:73bb12ce26f1a@uwe...
> > Why did you decide to "tidy up" your db to begin with? Were you having any
> > problems with it? What is the name of the module that holds 
> > PaddedLotNumber?
> > It's not, perhaps, PaddedLotNumber is it? People often make the mistake of
> > naming the module the same as the function and this royally fouls up 
> > Access,
> > often leading to very odd behavior, sometimes working, sometimes not. 
> > Finally,
> > it might be worth the effort to make a new blank db and import everything
> > again, but omitting Step # 2 in your original post. Don't go setting the 
> > db
> > properties *before* importing. See if it runs then worry about your db
> > settings later. Most, if not all of them, including references, are going 
> > to
> > be the same if this is on the same machine, as I believe you stated.
> >
> > -- 
> > There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
> >
> > Answers/posts based on Access 2000
> >
> > Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
6/15/2007 3:25:28 PM
Hi Maurice,

The database actually has no data in it. It's just a front-end with links to 
tables in another database. Well, it does have some data: the 
Access-generated system tables. However, experimenting has shown those 
tables to be vastly bloated. I understand that they are necessarily large, 
but they are MUCH larger than they have to be. This was my attempt to reduce 
the bloat. It (sort of) works, in that the fresh database at the end is 
about 1/3 the size of the original. But I get this weird error.

The other reason for experimenting with this is that I have quite often read 
in the newsgroups, etc. that there are times when you need to start a new 
database, copy everything into it, and go from there. I haven't yet run into 
a situation that warranted that action, but should such an occasion occur, I 
don't want to be struggling with how to do it then when time is of the 
essence.

Does the original procedure I outlined sound correct? Has anyone else done 
this successfully?

James


"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6E60F715-0EAF-4A9A-9265-590ECCA0562F@microsoft.com...
> James,
>
> First thing that came to mind reading the previous post was 'If it ain't
> broke don't fix it'. In your case nothing was broken but now you do have 
> to
> fix it. In other words the original isn't broken. Why not make a copy of 
> the
> original empty the tables etc.. then recompile the whole lot and then try
> appending the data via appendqueries. That way you should have a cleaned 
> up
> db with fresh data.
> -- 
> Maurice Ausum
>
>
> "James Martin" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The immediate desire to tidy up the db was to reduce the size of the 
>> system
>> tables. This is a database that has been running for years and has become
>> quite bloated. It's only a front-end and all its data tables are in 
>> another
>> file, but the system tables have become colossal. Moving everything to a 
>> new
>> database reduces the size by almost 70%. Since we frequently have to 
>> e-mail
>> the front-end (don't ask), reducing the size by this much is very 
>> helpful.
>>
>> The secondary reason is that I have often read suggestions that when 
>> certain
>> types of database corruption occur, the only solution is to start a fresh
>> database and import everything. I haven't had this kind of a problem, but
>> should it ever occur, I wanted to be prepared to do so in advance.
>>
>> The name of the module that holds PaddedLotNumber is LotsUtilities.
>>
>> I've tried it again, omitting step #2, and I get the same error. Then I
>> adjusted the references (the ones I need aren't the default) and get the
>> same error.
>>
>> Any other thoughts?
>>
>> James
>>
>>
>>
>> "missinglinq via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
>> news:73bb12ce26f1a@uwe...
>> > Why did you decide to "tidy up" your db to begin with? Were you having 
>> > any
>> > problems with it? What is the name of the module that holds
>> > PaddedLotNumber?
>> > It's not, perhaps, PaddedLotNumber is it? People often make the mistake 
>> > of
>> > naming the module the same as the function and this royally fouls up
>> > Access,
>> > often leading to very odd behavior, sometimes working, sometimes not.
>> > Finally,
>> > it might be worth the effort to make a new blank db and import 
>> > everything
>> > again, but omitting Step # 2 in your original post. Don't go setting 
>> > the
>> > db
>> > properties *before* importing. See if it runs then worry about your db
>> > settings later. Most, if not all of them, including references, are 
>> > going
>> > to
>> > be the same if this is on the same machine, as I believe you stated.
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>> >
>> > Answers/posts based on Access 2000
>> >
>> > Message posted via AccessMonster.com
>> > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200706/1
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
James
6/15/2007 3:56:37 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Error msge on closing Outlook
When I go out of Outlook I get an error message the contents which are listed below. How do I solve this pain in the butt? AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.6023.5000 AppStamp:46574050 ModName: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2000.929 ModStamp:39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Running XP Pro SR2 with all updates to date and have Office 2007 Enterprise on board. Hard to say offhand, but there are a few standard steps that might help: See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm Also you might try repairing Outlook fron Control Panel | Add/Remo...

"Server Recipients" gives an error
I have a Mixed Mode 5.5 setup with several 2000 and one exchange 2003 server. If I select the exchange 2003 server in MS Exchange 5.5 Admin and click on that servers "Server Recipients", I recieve this message. The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object Microsoft Exchage Address Book ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000 Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. hmmm...I can see items in this container in my Exchange admin program with no problem...where are you looking at this? on a server? or on a workstation? were you ever able to...

"Message Tracking Center" showing incorrect time #2
I have applied all of the DST patches for the OS and Exchange Server. OS is Server 2003 Standard (latest patches) and Exchange 2003 Standard (latest patches). I noticed today that when I go into the "message tracking center" the default end log time is one hour ahead of the computer time. Also, all of the sent times being tracked are showing as being sent one hour in the future. (i.e. real time is 3:00 PM, messages in tracking center show having been sent at 4:00 PM). Note that the email header when sent outside shows the correct sent time. Any ideas? Thanks, Bob ...

Link Error: Unresolved external GetThisClass
I am writing an MDI application based generally on the CHKBOOK sample. I need to have several views of the same document. I started out creating a single view and got that working then made a copy of the first view and did a replace on the class name to create the second view. At this point the second view is still identical to the first until I get the mechanism working the way I want it. The problem is that I keep getting the following link error once the second view is added: PCR.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass * __stdcall CByDayVie...

Question about Exchange 5.5 error message
I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but geographically separated by 300+ Kilometers. I was curious to understand why a message created on EXCH2 would not go out its IMS connector but out the IMS connector of EXCH1, which again is at a distant location. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ORGANIZATION;l=EXCH2-04xxxxxxx50Z-4xxx3 MSEXCH:IMS:ORGANIZATION:SAME_DOMAIN:EXCH1 3499 (000B09B6) Host unreachable Thanks Pat bigpat@freenet.de (Pat) wrote: >I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but >geographic...

Error Within IF Statement
Could anyone assist me in assessing what is wrong with the formula below. I am getting a message "the formula you typed contains and error". What is highlighted is the last AND shown below Thanks =IF(F3="DOB Missing","Can't Calculate Rate",IF(D3="Country","",(IF(AND(F3<18),Rates!D16,(IF(AND(F3<19,F3>=18),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3>1),Rates!D12,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3>1,J3<2),Rates!D12,Rates!G31))))))))))))) John, You hav...

Unable to add tasks
Received the following message when trying to add new tasks: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Email: Microsoft Exchange Server. O/S: Windows XP Professional The IT department suggested I run scanpst but this is where I am confused. I work remotely (connect to network via a vpn) and use ost files. I did the scanpst on the ost files but that does not correct the problem. I reviewed other options but do not want to go any further without trying to get other opinions. ...

Take a look at important patch from the M$ Corporation
--bgknsnsxrf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eqmmxvfryf"; type="multipart/alternative" --eqmmxvfryf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nagrsturcwerjp" --nagrsturcwerjp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This update...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Error Code 0x8007000E
Sorry in advance I know not a lot about computers! Just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007 - every time a try to send an email it comes up with the following warning: Sending reported error (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. It is a brand new computer and I have been trying it only running Outlook and that still does not work. Ran the diagnostic but it is say that everything is ok and the test emails are going through - the are not entering Outlook but can find them on Bigpond email website. PLEASE HEL...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

error: failed to provision your initial business
Hi All, during installing CRM 1.2 from the CD we are receiving the following error msg: Failed to install microsoft customer relationship management server. Failed to provosion your initial business Failed to create root business Catastropic failure (8000FFFF) we are using win2000 adv srv sql2000 and crm 1.2 any ideas ?? did anyone else got this error ? I searched MS support site and KB but no use ! thanks in advance Regds ...

Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared.
I have many files like this one with identical statements for the MasterType, Content and for: <div id="QQQ"> and for the script shown below. A couple of those files cause the error: Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. The following markup is from one of those files. What could possibly be the problem with this file? Thanks <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Main.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="2010Events.aspx.vb" Inhe...

Only Running New Email Noficication
How do I receive new email notifications in the windows notification area without having the full Outlook 2002 program running all the time? (and thus using up valuable resources? We have an exchange server and are not on the same active directory as the server. Thank you for any help! ...

Out look express error
Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook and restart it. Can anyone tell me what this is and how do i fix it? Thanks Mike Michael Moore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of > messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST > CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook > and restart it. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Error received when assigning cases ; "The parameter is incorrect"
When users try to assign cases, they periodically receive the error message below. We've run SQL Profiler traces, CRMDiag and sent those files to Microsoft support. however they're not finding anything "wrong" here, and I'm beginning to get frustrated with not being able to narrow down the cause. Has anyone else experienced this issue? if so, how did you resolve it? Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred duri...

count number of weeks missing for each individual in a database
Hi, I need to measure attendace for the employees. I have a list of weeks worked (eg. below) for each employee (numbered from 1-54) and I need to work out the weeks that have not been worked and whether they are consecutive or not. Please help :-) bob jack 3 2 4 13 8 14 9 15 10 16 11 17 Hi, If Bob's weeks worked are in range B2:B7, then the weeks missing would be =52-count(B2:B7) -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "pumpkin" <pumpkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC16C6E1-57C4-4F0B...

database application
Hello, I ve created a windows form application with access db I use 16 tables. For each table are created datatable, dataadapter, binding navigator and so on.... I have seen that application becomes really heavy and slow during the creation of code( editing ) Which is the best way to make all fast and not heavy? if my database use a table with 1 millions of records, which way is the best? thanks "eusclide" <eus@me.it> wrote in message news:eMnQr17iKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, I ve created a windows form application with access db > I ...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

Exchange has reported error, nothing in event logs
My exchange monitor has been send this alert out recently. We have recieve the error 3 times and have found nothing in the event logs. Any help is greatly appreciated! "TPEXCH00" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Error" Services - "OK" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" Sounds like a problem with the monitoring being unable to collect the disk space information, which could be a problem with WMI. Have you tried restarting the Exchange Management service? This is what allows Ex...

Transfer Errors
Hello, I am seeing an issue where a store generates a Transfer Out and when the receiving store receives the corresponding Transfer In, extra items show up (seemingly random items with random quantities) there were never issued in the Transfer Out. Has anyone seen this or know why it happens or how to deal with it. It does not seem to occur when HQ initiates the transfer via the 330 worksheet, only when a store originates the Transfer Out. Thanks, Dave It kind of sounds like you have some item data that's out of sync between your stores. You could try reindexing all store datab...

I can't print in publisher
We have just has a new photocopier / printer / scanner / facsimile machine installed, and we can print everything out fine - except in publisher. When I open a publisher file and go file / print and select the printer, it just comes up with an error message, and shuts down any advice would be very helpful e-mail :- admin@bestbusinessbuys.co.nz Thanks Nick What is the error? Try this, open the Printer folder, set some other printer as default, the Generic Color PS printer will do, open your file, print, select your new printer. Does the file print okay? Publisher saves printer settings w...