retaining previous field in next record

I am creating a data entry form to process competition entries.
One of the fields has a Combo Box (Row source type: table) for the store
where the entry form was lodged.
As these entries are processed in batches, I would like the previous entry
in the combo box to be retained so the operator doesnt have to drop-down and
select from one of 143 store codes for every entry form.

I hope I have explained myself.
Thanks in advance

Use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set its Default Value.

Details in:
    http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0012.htm

"JohnW" <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a data entry form to process competition entries.
> One of the fields has a Combo Box (Row source type: table) for the store
> where the entry form was lodged.
> As these entries are processed in batches, I would like the previous entry
> in the combo box to be retained so the operator doesnt have to drop-down
> and
> select from one of 143 store codes for every entry form.
>
> I hope I have explained myself.
> Thanks in advance

0
Allen

Automatically fill down formulas when adding a record
I have a data entry sheet which receives one record per row. Some of th columns contain calculated fields and will be hidden. Is there a way t have the formulas automatically fill down when new records are added Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way is to use Excels built-in dataform. data>form -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "steveski >" <<steveski.11dx8c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:steveski.11dx8c@excelforum-nospam.com... | I have a data entry sheet which receives one record per row. Some of the | columns con...

View one record at a time in a report.
I am new to access. I created a report from a table using the wizard. When I view the report, I only want to see one given record at a time - not all records. How do I do this? Thank you Ron The easiest way is to start from a form, where you bring up the record you want to see. Then put a command button on the form, to open the report to just that one record. Here's the code you need for the command button: Print the record in the form at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne...

Payee Matching using Memo Field?
Note sure if this is specific to BofA, or if I'm just missing something.I am using MS Money Deluxe 2004, but also had same prob with 2000 When I download ofx (problems with qif also) statements the Payee or <name> is truncated to 32 char which normally I wouldnt care since money only allows 32 char in the payee feild. Problem is my transactions in the OFX are like this: <NAME>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** O <MEMO>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** ON 07-03 CUSTOMER ******** PAYMENT TO ACME Is it possible to auto match Payees using...

check double records in database
Hey, I'm looking for a code to know if a row with primarty key ticker is already in my table DDM. I use the following code but there seem som problems. It says the variable TextTicker.Text is not defined. Can someone help me out? Thx s_Path = ActiveWorkbook.Path s_Path = s_Path & "\Thesis.mdb" Set DB = DAO.OpenDatabase(s_Path) s_SQL = "SELECT Ticker & FROM DDM " _ & "WHERE Ticker = ' & Me.TextTicker & " ';" If s_SQL = TextTicker.Text Then MsgBox "Found" Else MsgBox "Not found" GoT...

Change Regarding Field
Quite often an e-mail thread has been started before a problem in promoted to a case. Because the regarding file is closed in existing e-mails I cannot link them to the case. Any way to change the regarding field or create a copy of the e-mail with an open regarding field? ...

Populate field on resolution of a case
I want to populate a field on the resolution of a case, however when I created a workflow on the update of status equals resolved, it errors saying "the record is marked as readonly" any ideas on how to do this before it is resolved? On 10 jul, 21:44, "Michael San Filippo" <Mich...@datacubesystems.com> wrote: > I want to populate a field on the resolution of a case, however when I > created a workflow on the update of status equals resolved, it errors saying > "the record is marked as readonly" > > any ideas on how to do this before it i...

How to change left bottom note that tell number records found?
Hi, At the left bottom corner of Exel 2003 spreadsheet, a display note 'Ready' remains as it is, though I have filtered the items using the filter command, the note usually displays number of records found. How to return back the display note 'number of records found' in Excel 2003 spreadsheet? -- Thank you, Cpviv If you have any formulas that read these filtered records, you will typically not be able to view the # of records found. If you go to Tool - Options - Calculation and change to Manual, you would be able to view # of records. Beware, as this will not au...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

To make fields invisible using Dexterity Utilities
Hello I know we could use Windows propoerties to make fields visible or invisible on a Window in a form. I understand we could use Dexterity Utilities to make the fields visible or invisible to user. Could anyone say how to do it Dexterity Utilities is not the correct tool to hide fields from a user. You can do this using Modifier, VBA, Field Level Security or Dexterity. Dexterity can either use triggers or you can create an alternate window. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.mi...

Resource Assignments View Filtered on Booked Type Field
I have a project that has been cancelled part way through. To deal with this, I've set the Booked Type field to be proposed for all resources in this project. This works great in that the tasks from this project no longer appear in the resources My Tasks view but they do still appear in the Resource Assignments views I have and I don't seem to be able to filter Resource Assignnments on Booked Type. Is that possible or is there another way I should be going about what I want to achieve? Which is to keep a copy of the cancelled projects plan in Project Server for refere...

how do i show text in the data field of a pivot table?
If you put a text field into the data area of a pivot table, it will summarize the field to show a count, instead of showing the text. You can place the text fields in the Row, Column or Page areas, where their text will show. pum75 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Changing field sze of labels and text boxes independently
I am using Access 2007. I created a report with the wizard. Now I can't change the size of labels or text boxes without all the fields/labels changing in concert. What do I do to permit changing these things individually? Must be simple, but the help function in Acess 2007 I find not very helpful. On the arrange tab, look for the button for Remove. Highlight the controls and click remove. This will ungroup the controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DDB6...

Adding field in Scrolling window
Hello: I was wondering how can I add a field in scrolling window if it is not mapped in DB? Thanks candidcarper Use a local field, and assign a value to it in the Fill script on the scrolling window. "ammad_u@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hello: > > I was wondering how can I add a field in scrolling window if it is not > mapped in DB? > > Thanks > > candidcarper > > ...

Excel 2007 Macro Recorder not recording shapes
Hello, I am trying to figure out why my Excel macro recorder is not recording creation of any shapes or changes to existing shapes. I started the macro, and drew a rectangle and stopped it. This is all the code I get. I like to see the syntax for shapes and I am unable to see maybe there is some problem with macro recorder. Please help! Thanks! Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro3 Macro ' ' ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=25 End Sub Regards, Jaan On Feb 14, 2:35=A0pm, jaanbazz <jaanb...@domain-xyz.in> wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to figure out why...

Find field in CRM and Case search in CRM
hey: I have a ton of cases with emails attached/regarding each case individually. How can we search these cases for all cases that have a common element, for example: I want to search all my cases for the word "disconnect" to see if it appears ANYWHERE in the case, email, title, or part of this case. Anyone know how I can do this? FYI: Building a specialized advanced find won't work because I need the ability to search ANY word -- today I want Disconnect tomorrow, latency, etc... Actually, an Advanced Find might be a good way to go, because you can save your Advanced F...

Append Query Problem
Hello, I have a query that calculates a bank balance. I want this query to append the current days date and the bank balance to a table. I have a macro setup to autorun the query when my database opens, but can't get it to work correctly. Details: Table where I want the records added: BankingBalanceRecord Query that will run: BankingRecordBalance -This query is setup to pull today's date and the balance. It is funtioning properly. The main problem I am having is that if the primary record (Today's date) already exists, it gives me an er...

Format criteria for text field
I am writing an text box expression in a report as follows: =DLookUp("[BILLINGDATE]","[DATATABLE]","[InDate] =" & [Forms]![Invoices Query]![InDate]) The field INDATE is a text field. BILLINGDATE is a text field also. What delimiter do I need to add to the statement to make it work on a text field? I am getting garbage out. Must I change it to a numeric or date field to make it work? jayC, One has to ask why you are storing dates in a Text field instead of a Date/Time field. If you must keep the dates in a Text field, the format of the dates nee...

Clear all pivot table fields with a Macro
I have a two things I would like to do, ideally with a macro 1. Clear all fields from a pivot table 2. If any of the fields have been filtered - remove the filters I am hoping there is a simple command or two that I have not yet discovered. To put things into perspective: I have multiple pivot tables (all copies of the original table, and each on their own spreadsheet). My plan is to have each table set up for particular queries (that is with different fields and filters). I will then examine the data on each, and sometimes alter the fields as needed. But when I am done I want to press a b...

Custom date field and Fill
I have a customer that is using a date/time fill that isn't calculating the right time. It can be duplicated on a new spreadsheet. Start with "A1" and enter in "1/29/2004 7:30:50 AM" and format the column with this custom type: m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM. the fill series should decrease by 20 seconds every cell. So I manually put in the first 5 cells as follows: 1/29/2004 7:30:50 AM 1/29/2004 7:30:30 AM 1/29/2004 7:30:10 AM 1/29/2004 7:29:50 AM 1/29/2004 7:29:30 AM Highlight the series and drag it out past A110. In cell A103 I have lost a second. the value should ...

Record Deleted Error Message
Whenever I try to run a particular DB, I get an error message stating that the record has been deleted. Can anyone tell me what Access is looking for if nothing has been deleted? Thanks If you get this message just by opening a table, it probably indicates a corruption. Try a compact/repair (Database Utilities on the Tools menu.) If that doesn't fix it, see: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#RowsShowDeleted -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot or...

Using Form to update multiple records?
I'm creating an employee DB in Access 2007 and need to be able to track time submissions. I would like to be able to enter hours for each day (M-F), and the hours need to be categorized (vacation time vs. billable time). Ideally I would also like to generate a report from this information that will tell me the total hours worked in a given week (as well as a breakdown of how many hours were vacation, billable, etc). Initially, I tried creating a table that has this information, but I wasn't able to include a separate field for the day of the week, without having to manually ente...

Custom customer fields- Increse the size of the integer field
Hey- HOw come the number fields in the customer fields only go up to 10 integers??? Is there a way to increase the integer field for the numbers? -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com ...

Field Level Security with SOP
I'm trying to restrict some key fields on the SOP transaction entry window for our shipping department. Specifically I want to be sure they cannot change the order quantity, unit price or extended price. I'm able to lock the quantity field on the SOP_Entry Line_Scroll window and that works perfectly. When I do the same for the Unit Price and Extended Price fields on the same window nothing happens. Same if I try to disable or password those fields. Any ideas why this would be? I'm open to other suggestions to solve the basic problem, but it seems that field level sec...

File path in a hyperlink field
Using Access XP. I have a form with a hyperlink field. The default value for the filed is the path where the files are at (X:\Marketing\Images) this is a drive in the server where the marketing people put different images associated with a record. No problem opening the image file or hyperlinking. My question is: Can the user type only the file name, without X:\Marketing\Images showing on the screen? For example: they type: "Logo.bmp" and the hyperlink field actually contains: X:\Marketing\Images\Logo.bmp. Users have problems entering the file name only, they tend to delete ...

Search only on current field to unchecked
I am doing this: Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus SendKeys "%ha%ru%e%n", False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFind For this particular form I want to open the Find dialog box with the "Search only on current field" to always be unchecked. But if I use the dialog box and then run the code again it will switch it to Checked. Then next time to Unchecked and back and forth. How can I determine if the Checkbox is checked or not so I will know whether or not to include the ....%e.....? Thank you for your help, Steven There is no built-in way to do tha...