Remaining data in ListBox

Hello,

I am developping an application in VBA/Access (MDB file). To deliver
the app to my client, I create a MDE file.

The problem is that the app crashes sometimes, and then my client says
that he can see in the listbox of one of my forms several lines of
data that obviously remain from my tests. I mean that it seems that
when I create the MDE file, the Listbox keeps some remainings of the
data that was displayed when I was testing the app, and these lines
appear when the application crashes.

I wonder if this is a normal behaviour of the ListBox, and if it is
possible to remove this data before I create the MDE file and deliver
it to my client ?

Thank you for your help.

0
nartla

On 8 jan, 17:59, nartla <bruno.bar...@altran.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am developping an application in VBA/Access (MDB file). To deliver
> the app to my client, I create a MDE file.
>
> The problem is that the app crashes sometimes, and then my client says
> that he can see in the listbox of one of my forms several lines of
> data that obviously remain from my tests. I mean that it seems that
> when I create the MDE file, the Listbox keeps some remainings of the
> data that was displayed when I was testing the app, and these lines
> appear when the application crashes.
>
> I wonder if this is a normal behaviour of the ListBox, and if it is
> possible to remove this data before I create the MDE file and deliver
> it to my client ?
>
> Thank you for your help.

Sorry, the control when the "remaining" data appears is not a ListBox
but a ListView.

Maybe it makes some difference.

0
nartla
1/8/2008 5:07:52 PM
If you are setting the rowsource of the listbox at runtime, you might take a
look at its properties in design view. There may be a rowsource value saved
with the form. If working properly you would be replacing that value, but
maybe the crash is interfering with the replacement and your client is
seeing the data associated with the saved value..

--
HTH,
George

"nartla" <bruno.barral@altran.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I am developping an application in VBA/Access (MDB file). To deliver
> the app to my client, I create a MDE file.
>
> The problem is that the app crashes sometimes, and then my client says
> that he can see in the listbox of one of my forms several lines of
> data that obviously remain from my tests. I mean that it seems that
> when I create the MDE file, the Listbox keeps some remainings of the
> data that was displayed when I was testing the app, and these lines
> appear when the application crashes.
>
> I wonder if this is a normal behaviour of the ListBox, and if it is
> possible to remove this data before I create the MDE file and deliver
> it to my client ?
>
> Thank you for your help.

0
George
1/8/2008 5:14:06 PM
On 8 jan, 18:14, "George Nicholson" <GeorgeNJ...@Junkmsn.com> wrote:
> If you are setting the rowsource of the listbox at runtime, you might take=
> look at its properties in design view. There may be a rowsource value save=
> with the form. If working properly you would be replacing that value, but
> maybe the crash is interfering with the replacement and your client is
> seeing the data associated with the saved value..
>
> --
> HTH,
> George
>
> "nartla" <bruno.bar...@altran.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > I am developping an application in VBA/Access (MDB file). To deliver
> > the app to my client, I create a MDE file.
>
> > The problem is that the app crashes sometimes, and then my client says
> > that he can see in the listbox of one of my forms several lines of
> > data that obviously remain from my tests. I mean that it seems that
> > when I create the MDE file, the Listbox keeps some remainings of the
> > data that was displayed when I was testing the app, and these lines
> > appear when the application crashes.
>
> > I wonder if this is a normal behaviour of the ListBox, and if it is
> > possible to remove this data before I create the MDE file and deliver
> > it to my client ?
>
> > Thank you for your help.- Masquer le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -=

> - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

Thank you for your answer.
In fact, I am not setting the roswsource property of the ListView. At
runtime, I just insert strings into it by the mean of a AddString
property, or something like that.

0
nartla

Best way to serialize unknown data
Hi there, What is the best way to serialize unknown data? I have a class that contains a list of parameter objects. The parameter has a value which can be a simple value of a complex class, e.g. class param { object value; } When serializing, I must always have the same name for the value element. I've looked at 2 approaches: 1) Value is of type object. XmlSerializer MUST know the object's type. 2) Value is of type XmlElement. XmlSerializer doesn't care about content. Which is better? 1 is easy but has a limitation, 2 is more work. In addition, the receiver of the xml does ...

Where is the data migration tool and the supporting documentation?
Thanks, Do you can get it here if you have access to partnersource. I do not see it on MSDN https://www.greatplains.com/partnersource/products/mscrm/downloads/servicepack/datamigrationframeworkdownload.htm "Do" <doduong12141214@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uWpuiLHuDHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Thanks, > > Do > > ...

password & 01 data
Hi, I bought an oem product on e-bay & can't get the free tech. support. Any assistance appreciated. I installed 04 & money asks for a password. Beats the heck out of me. No recollection of using password before in 01. Tried all kinds of e-mails, passport, .net, etc. No go. Need assistance. Also, once in 04 how do I access my 01 data. I downloaded 04 trial of the ms site. Never could open the 01 data. Thanks in advance, John. ...

Updating a field's data to another field in same table???
I hope I make sense. What and how is the best way to update a field with data from another field from the same table? Everything from Field 1 to Field 2. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. See: Calculated fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-14.html The article describes how - and, more importantly, when - to store a field that depends on another field. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "TotallyConfused" <...

transfer data from windows to mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) The OS on our home PC is Windows Vista. My wife writes documents in Word at home for her work. We have a MacBook Pro and she would like to be able to write the documents at home on the PC, and then be able to transfer the documents to our MacBook so that she can use them traveling to various work sites. I don't want to go out and purchase Word '08 for Mac and a portable hard drive if this will not work. If so, which hard drive do I buy and is there a trick to accomplishing this?? You don't need any special equipment....

Accessing pivot table's data
I have a pivot table that is linked to data returned by MS Query. I'd like to highlight cells in the data body of the pivot table, based on the values of other fields returned by the query. How do I accomplish this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Acces to data base by autonom HTMl page on Access 2007 ?
Hello dear members of the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. I'm a new Access 2007 user and I need your help please. I can get acces to my data base using an autonom HTML form page in Access 2003 . Please, how can I do the same on Access 2007 ? I have neither SharePoint nor Outlook 2007. Thanks Octavio ...

validating data input
How can I restrict data entered in excel to multiples of a number? For example, I want a spreadsheet that will list denominations and I want to restrict each column to only accept multiples of $10, $20, $50, $100 etc. DuQuesne wrote: > How can I restrict data entered in excel to multiples of a number? > For example, I want a spreadsheet that will list denominations and I > want to restrict each column to only accept multiples of $10, $20, > $50, $100 etc. Hi 1. Highlight the cell range 2. Go to 'Data - Validation' 3. As validation rule enter the following formula ...

mfc: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

Combining Two Worksheets Of Data.
I have a worksheet which has one column with a list of names plus other columns of data. I want to combine that worksheet with a similar worksheet which also has a list of names. Most of the names on both worksheets are identical. I need to match the identical names on both worksheets (so I can use the data) and make the non-matching names redundant. What's the best way of approaching this? I'm sure there's some code around or maybe in can be done manually? On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:58:41 +0100, Saxman <"john.h.williams2(removethis)"@gmail.com> wrote: ...

Requesting data from Microsoft Exchange
I recently removed an old exchange 5.5 server, and now some of my Outlook clients are getting a message "requesting data from Microsoft Exchange...", and it says it's trying to communicate with the old server. I moved the mailboxes and waited a while before removing the server, and the Outlook profile is showing the right server. I've created new profiles and they don't have the problem, but I was hoping to not have to do that everywhere. We have some custom settings that I don't want to have to re-create. I've also looked through the registry and changed all t...

Retrieve data from a new table
Can i create a new table, fill this with records, retrieve the information with a query and finally fill a field in a form with this information?. Thanks in CRM 3.0 you need to look at creating new entities ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Enrique Bravo" <EnriqueBravo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC16573A-122A-4679-A6F0-3EAEEDD72FAB@microsoft.com... > Can i create a new table, fill this with records, retrieve the information > with a query and finally fill a field in a form wi...

Got wierd share quantities?
This seems to have been an issue since about August. For some reason the Quote Provider for Money is downloading phantom stock splits. Here are the latet I've found. Morgan Stanley MS 119 for 100 7/2/2007 Verizon VZ 104 for 100 11/20/2006 Altria MO 132 for 100 4/2/2007 NCR NCR 209 for 100 10/1/2007 ADP ADP 111 for 100 4/2/2007 The "fix" is to replace the bogus split with a 1 for 1 split on the same date by entering a manual share split. This prevents Money form downloading the data again it...

Prevent non-numerical data (e.g. text) from plotting on a chart
I want to chart a series of cells. Depending on the assumptions, the data will either be numbers or text. I only want the chart to plot the numbers. Currently, the chart keeps plotting the text as zeros. Is there any way to prevent the chart from displaying these as zeros (in other words, not plot them at all)? Under tools>options>chart the default is not to plot blanks, but because the cells are not blank, they show as zeros. There is no such option. You can plot a helper column instead that has the formula =IF(ISNUMBER(dataRange),dataRange,NA()) Jerry jaweiss wrote:...

Summing Data based upon a condition
Hi, Trying to "Sum" data in one column (A) based upon a condition in another column (B)....... Any help? -- Chris Take a look SUMIF function in help menu "Chris" wrote: > Hi, > > Trying to "Sum" data in one column (A) based upon a condition in another > column (B)....... Any help? > > -- > Chris Hi, Let's assume you want to sum column B if column A equals customer "A" =sumproduct(--($A$1:$A$1000="A"),$B$1:$B$1000) "Chris" wrote: > Hi, > > Trying to &q...

When entering data into excel spreadsheet cell, the page just jump
I am trying to add data to an existing worksheet this morning. I can click on the clel, but when I try to enter the data, the worksheet "jumps", am unable to enter any data. What have I done wrong? If you are making entries using the numeric keypad, it sounds like you turned your Num Lock off. Try pressing NUM LOCK (there should be alight that comes on above it when you do) & try again. HTH|:>) "jodj" wrote: > I am trying to add data to an existing worksheet this morning. I can click > on the clel, but when I try to enter the data, the worksheet &qu...

OLE objects in a listbox
I have several Word documents I'd like to link into my database application. I've created a table containing three fields, an autonumber record key, the OLE linked Word document, and a text description of what the document is. What I'd like to do is display these records in a listbox control on a form and be able to open any of these documents in Word if a user double-clicks one of them. Is this possible> Thanks. ...

Create a cell with only PART of another cells data
I have a column (D) with the following formatted data 0908-1234 0208-0691 0903-0256 I want to create a cell (column) that ONLY contains the last 4 digits 1234 0691 0256 Can some one please tell me how to accomplish this. Thanks Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4443 (20090921) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Try this: =3DRIGHT(D1,4) assuming the data starts on row 1. If you want it as a number, then you can do this: =3DRIGHT(D1,4)*1 Copy down as required. Hope this helps....

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

Getting schema data types from XPathDocument/XPathNavigator
Is there an easy way to get the schema's data type for a XPathNavigator value? I need to be able to determine the data type for the xml value based off of an unknown schema and unknown xml file that is handed off to my code. I've been able to figure out how to get the data type by reading through a validating reader, but I can't seem to find an easy way to get this when using XPath expressions. The process I have is as follows: 1. Create a validating reader for the unknown xml file given to me. 2. Create a schema from the unknown schema file given to me. 3. Add the schema to ...

dialog to dialog data
I have a dialog based app that shows another dialog. Within that second dialog I have some data that I want to put in a text control of the first dialog. I tried saving a pointer to the first dialog and using a function in it to copy the string to the member variable and then UpdateData but the CString= operator code crashes indicating the first dialog member variable isn't valid. I tried a ::SendMessage to the 'safe hwnd' of the first dialog but that doesn't seem to ever get handled. What's the technique (I can figure out the details if I know the approach) for ...

GP Detail Trial Balance returns no data
I ran the Account Modifier and successfully changed the COA structure. All our testing is going well so far except the GL Detail Trial Balance report. We changed the report parameters but we don't get any data. There's no errors, just a blank report. Any ideas? Thanks -- Jim Here's some more info. If I specify an account range, I get a blank report. If I run it for all accounts, I get data. -- Jim "Jim" wrote: > I ran the Account Modifier and successfully changed the COA structure. All > our testing is going well so far except t...

Column Chart with data labels for percent and value?
I want to create a column chart that displays data labels for both percent and value. Is this possible? Each column is stacked with 2 values, for instance: May '03 values: series A = 10 series B = 10 sum = 20 I want the column for May '03 to consist of a series A percent of 50%, a series B stacked on that, also displaying 50%, and another data label on top of the bar displaying 20. Right now, I just manually add a text box for each value, every time a new month is added. Is there an easier way? I have a picture of the chart, if you need it. Thanks! Kim Hi Kim, Store yo...

field data disappears
This is really strange, and I'm sure there is a simple answer. I have a field on a form that is a calculation of fields on 2 subforms. When the condition of invoice_ID is not null, data is properly displayed in the txt_balance_due field,but when the invoice_ID *is* null, the data is displayed for a split second, and then the field is blank. I have no code in the form, or any of its subforms, that refreshes or changes the data. I can't figure it out. The controlsource of txt_balance_due is: =IIf(IsNull([txt_invoice_ID]),[frm_sub_bidder_invoices].[Form]![balance_fwd]+[subform_...

Macro in a worksheet template that draws data from other files?
Hi, Just wondering if the above is possible in VBA and if so can anyone guide me to resources / examples of such a program? Tks Dave It's certainly possible, but your query needs to be much more specific than that. Try doing what you can yourself then ask for help on specific issues. People on these groups will willingly give answers, but you have to ask the right questions! Regards, Alan. "sgdav" <sgdav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D761BF24-3BBC-4561-B986-FAA443AD8643@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Just wondering if the above is possible i...