Refresh listbox from field being edited

Hi.

I have a form containg several fields and also containing a list box.

I want the list box to respond while entering data (or modifying) one
of the fields.

I suppose I must trigger some event as keystrokes are being pressed.

The problem is that while editing the field it is not yet stored in
the table, so I can't retrieve it's date in order to set and apply a
filter to thre listbox.

How do I get the content of the field before it has been stored? And
what about the same in a new record?

Thanks
H. Martins

strictly speaking, forms don't "contain" fields in the sense you mean, a
form's RecordSource contains fields. the form contains *controls* that are
bound to fields in the form's RecordSource. that's a fine point, that
probably only really matters when what you're after, as in this instance, is
the value entered in the control - before it is written to the field in the
table.

try refering to the control's Text property, rather than the default Value
property, as

    Me!ControlName.Text

hth

"H. Martins" <HJRMartins@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I have a form containg several fields and also containing a list box.
>
> I want the list box to respond while entering data (or modifying) one
> of the fields.
>
> I suppose I must trigger some event as keystrokes are being pressed.
>
> The problem is that while editing the field it is not yet stored in
> the table, so I can't retrieve it's date in order to set and apply a
> filter to thre listbox.
>
> How do I get the content of the field before it has been stored? And
> what about the same in a new record?
>
> Thanks
> H. Martins

0
tina

Vlookup edited
Hello all you wonderfulhelp, Is it possible to avoid "NA" when using "vlookup" function. I need info only where it brings results. Thank you -- smile =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B1,C1:D4,2)),"",VLOOKUP(B1,C1:D4,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200851 Example of using ISNA rather than ISERROR which hides all errors. =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(G1,$A$1:$F$31,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(G1,$A$1:$F$31,2,FALSE)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 7 May 2009 09:26:02 -0700, israel <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all you wonderfulhelp, > >...

Using a formula to fill a field
I am ery new to Access and was wondering, is there anyway to make a field fill automaticaly with a formula? Like in excel for example if you have a fromula on a cell and the arguments change the cell changes. I have a table with a field of invoice amounts and then a table with account info, i want to know if there is a way for the account table (ie: Balance field) to update automaticaly when you add an invoice with that accountID. Access is a relational database. An Access table may look like a spreadsheet, but it is really just a "bucket o' data". No, you can't ad...

Data refresh problem
I downloaded an xl template worksheet which has links to MSN Money website (for updating stock prices) As I have xl97, and the worksheet was created in a later version, I saved it as a xl97 worksheet. When I 'refresh data' it downloads the latest prices.........sometimes. More usually I get the message 'xl has encountered a problem, and needs to close..' Any ideas on what might be causing this? If I knew how the link works, I could start with a new worksheet, but I can't find any web queries relating to this worksheet. Brickcounter Brickcounter, If you know where a...

Possible to turn off graph refresh temporarily?
Graphs in 2007 are very slow to refresh after refreshing a data connection. When I remove the 30 graphs in my spreadsheet and refresh the data connections, it refreshes in less than a second. When the graphs are present, it's more than 10 seconds. Is there any way (VBA?) to disable the refreshing of the graphs until after the data connection refreshes have completed, and then to re-enable them? Kind of like a "manual calculation" mode for graphs. Thanks! I'm not aware of anything that allows you to stop the graph refreshing as such. However, you might be able to get ...

Hidden fields in new emails
When I begin to type a new message, the text doesn't appear (the words are hidden) until spell check/sending/or printing. When I select the icon for the font color of text (black) it begins to show my typing as I'm composing the message, but the other words (anything I typed in the 'hidden field') only shows up in the spell check portion and remains hidden. Why are my messages starting with this hidden field and how do I get rid of it? I'm sure I must have pressed some command inadvertently as it was not always working like this. (only been using about a week so s...

PLEASE HELP: Refresh columns displayed in a report from a query ou
Hi All, I have a report whose record source is a query, the query consists of dynamic Select and Where clause and so the columns are user driven (based on what user selects on a form) I am able to display the data to the report, however I am not able to refresh the columns in the report, For eg: My SQL is: strSQL = Select Student_Id, Student_FName, Student_LName & strSelect1 & strSelect2 & strSelect3 FROM Students_Table WHRE strWhere1, strWhere2, strWhere3 Now, I am able to display the specific columns in the query based on what users select in addition...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

How do I allow or disallow editing
I have a form (in MS Access 2007)that is used an an input form for updating linked tables. I want to change the property of some text boxes on the form to be editable based on the contents of another field. For example; if a field contains a date (delivery date)in it, I want to no longer allow the user to change the EquipmentName or EquipmentQuantity fields. I want the the field to still be displayed but no longer capable of being edited. Is there an easy way to do this? I prefer to do this without writing VB code, but I can if that is the best way. Thanks! In the current e...

Sorting Issue (Mixde Fields)
I have an issue where I need to sort a worksheet based on a field (Bin Location)that is sorting as seen below... 1A1 1A20 1A21 1A22 1A3 1A4 How can I get Excel to sort it the following way... 1A1 1A3 1A4 1A20 1A21 1A22 Please help.... I need to get this figured out today. I appreciate any responses. Thanks, Jonathan G. One way: add a column showing the length of the column you want to sort, then sort using the new column then the "real" column. "Jonathan G." wrote: > I have an issue where I need to sort a worksheet based on a field (Bin > Location)that is s...

Outlook 2003 cannot see other email addresses in the to field
Outlook 2003 cannot see other email addresses in the to field - when someone emails me and a group of other people, I only see my email address. I cannot reply to all and send the other people an email. Is this a bug? No, they probably used the BCC field or a mail merge instead so only your address shows up. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jenni&...

How do I create drop down form fields in Excel?
Is it possible to create dropdown lists in Excel? If so, how do I do it? Thanks You can use Data Validation to create the dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Micki wrote: > Is it possible to create dropdown lists in Excel? If so, how do I do it? > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Adding company name to the "From" field
Hopefully this is an easy problem. We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 in a mixed domain. (Win2k and Win2003 servers) Lets say I am working for a company named "XYZ". The owner of the company wants the "from" line in the email client to say "Bill Smith, XYZ Company". Unfortunately I can not find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated. Bob Hi Bob, Just use ADModify to rewrite the Display name for every user in your company, or for users of that company (if companys are sharing and AD) ADModify can be found here: http://www.gotdotnet.co...

edit suggest names when completing To, cc and bcc fields
Apparently I don't have an Address Book linked to Outlook 2000. No matter, because I seem to be ok with the suggest names feature, which I guess is not Address Book-linked, but linked to a memory bank of names and corresponding addresses typed in during the past. However, here is my question: How do you edit this Suggest Names list? In particular, A. Suppose you want to stop Outlook from suggesting a particular name because it is not current anymore. Worse, you might inadvertantly click on it and send msg to somebody you don't want to receive it. Is there a way to delet...

Problem displaying string data in Edit box
Hi, I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a serial handler occurs. The serial handler code is obtained from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx and have integrated into my main dialog. I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use SetwindowText() to display the st...

Event ID 9554
Hello, I"m getting the following error: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/11/2005 Time: 1:33:15 PM User: N/A Computer: !@#$!# Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: 3b5b90b3-9fcd-4540-9858-d13d6498e9e1. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 3b 5b 90 b3 - 9fcd - 4540 -9858 - d13d6498e9e1 \b3\90\5b\3b\cd\9f\40\45\98\58\d1\3d\64\98\e9\e1 (msE...

Date range in months from month and year fields
In our database we track consultants work dates in four seperate fields, starting month, starting year, ending month, ending year. Is there anyway to calculate the range of months they have worked with this set up? So if someone started March 2004 and ended July 2007 is there a formula to calculate the 40 months they worked? DateDiff("m",[starting month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [starting year],[ending month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [ending year]) "monkeycr84" wrote: > In our da...

BETA: Technical Refresh
I have just gone through the download of all beta 2 technical refresh, but Visio is still asking me to perform these downloads. Short of uninstalling Office does anyone have a suggestion? ...

OT...Free Trial...Digital Image Starter Edition 2006...OT
Announcing the availability of the Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006. This is a fully functional, downloadable trial version with all the bells and whistles of MS Digital Image Suite 2006. The program will revert to very limited functionality after the 60 day trial period. Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea Be aware that it's a 109 MB download.... BTW, this program includes Photo Story 3.1 and it has the capability to create VCDs. -- John Inzer Guess a dial-up connection might take a while, huh? ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Micr...

value from field not accepted within onlineform (3.0 -> 4.0)
Hy, We just tried to update our running CRM 3.0 to 4.0 there where nearly no problems! (1 report was not upgradeable) We where very happy. but right now a real problem was discovered: the fields: longitude and latidude from the contact form are no more accepted. Enter a value beetween .... But the values do perfectly match within the range When I delete the values I can save the form. When there is any value in the fields it causes the error: Enter a value ... Best regards for any help ...

Report names in listbox
I recently upgraded to Access 2007 and am having some trouble with the changes. I have a form with a listbox in which I would like to display the names of all the reports in the database. I've tried using the following as the rowsource for the listbox, but in form view nothing is displayed. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA, Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com "SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<"~") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;" I think you made a slight typo. Try (((Left([Name],1))<>&quo...

How to make Bullen's FilterCriteria() data refresh real-time?
Using XL 2003 & 2000 OK, with help, I was able to utilize Steve Bullen's FilterCriteria() Function. That said, apparently the only way to refresh the data in the display cell is to re-activate the formula by pressing <ENTER> in the Fx Box. Can the display cells be made to refresh in real-time or, second best, by F9? FYI (Background Info): ************************************************************II placed this formula into cell A1: =FilterCriteria(A3) Cell A3 contains the Autofilter down-arrow for column A ************************************************************* Fu...

In-Cell Editing
When In-Cell Editing is turned off in a table view the last row of the table is selected. I have my contacts table sorted by Full Name/Ascending and the last contact in the table is selected!? Is this a normal behavior for Outlook or am I missing something? I would like the first row to be selected. I posted a similar question 2 days ago and it appears everyone is avoiding the post like a plague. Any help will be appreciated James Yes, this appears to be the normal behavior after each start of Outlook 2003. However, once I select a record (first, last, or somewhere in the middle), leave...

Related Fields in sub activities view
CRM 4.0 In the standard My Activities view I am able to display information from the Account (Regarding) i.e. industry, city etc. When switching to Phone Call or Appointment, the information is not displayed even though the facility is there in admin to add these fields - is there a fix for this? ...

Vendor Lookup Field with Modifier
I would like to modify the ap entry form and create 1 or 2mores field. This additional field will be used to track related party vendor number/name For example, the invoice is being paid to Vendor A. But because our invoice for Vendor A may be related to Vendor B, I would like to enter this info in the system. Currently, we just enter the related vendor ID in the note field. But due to the large number of related party transactions, the users are entering incorrect vendor numbers or they are not properly formatted , in the note field. This makes it difficult to analyze related party...

Cannot edit EXCEL Document
I'm reposting this question with a more precise subject . . . I've upgraded 15 locations to IE 8.0. At one of the sites, upon trying to edit a file in Excel, I get the message "Edit Document" requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application and IE 6.0 or greater". I'm running 8.0 and Excel 2003 is running like at my other sites. I did not get any "run Active X" bars that I failed to click on. I cleared the cache and rebooted the computer. Any ideas on what I should do? Does Microsoft have a telephone number for support that I ca...