Referring to control on subform

I have a parent form named fMemberInfo
with a tab control called tabSubforms
with a subform called fYInfoSubform
with a combobox call cboSeqNo

I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent" event.

How do I refer to the comboxbox?

0
Joseph

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:51:56 -0500, "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a parent form named fMemberInfo
>with a tab control called tabSubforms
>with a subform called fYInfoSubform
>with a combobox call cboSeqNo
>
>I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent" event.
>
>How do I refer to the comboxbox?

The tab control is irrelevant in this context. What you need is the Name
property of the Subform *CONTROL* on fMemberInfo - this might or might not be
the same as the name of the form object within that control. If the Subform
Control is in fact named fYInfoSubform, use

Me!fYInfoSubform.Form!cboSeqNo.Requery

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

> On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:51:56 -0500, "Joseph Greenberg"
> <jjgfromnj@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have a parent form named fMemberInfo
>>with a tab control called tabSubforms
>>with a subform called fYInfoSubform
>>with a combobox call cboSeqNo
>>
>>I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent"
>>event.
>>
>>How do I refer to the comboxbox?
>>

> The tab control is irrelevant in this context. What you need is the Name
> property of the Subform *CONTROL* on fMemberInfo - this might or might not
> be
> the same as the name of the form object within that control. If the
> Subform
> Control is in fact named fYInfoSubform, use
>
> Me!fYInfoSubform.Form!cboSeqNo.Requery
>
> --
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Joseph

Invalid Reference in Chart
I have a simple stacked bar chart and wanted to remove one of the three series. I did so using the Remove button on "Select Data Source", but after I did this, I am now receiving the Invalid Reference error whenever I open this chart. I have double checked the data behind the other 2 series and it is all valid. How can I find the invalid reference? Never mind - I found the problem. Sorry for the post. "Sam" wrote: > I have a simple stacked bar chart and wanted to remove one of the three > series. I did so using the Remove button on "Select Data Source...

Change color of characters in a cell based of a cell reference
Hi All, Does anyone know how to change the color of characters in a cell based of a cell reference. For example, cell A1 = "||||||||||" (contains 10 "|") I want the first 4 "|" to be Red and the second 6 to Blue. Based of cells A2 = 4 and A3 = 6. Any ideas? Thanks!! -Kim Check your other post. kimbobo wrote: > > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to change the color of characters in a cell based > of a cell reference. > > For example, cell A1 = "||||||||||" (contains 10 "|") I want the first > 4 "|" to ...

Tab control like in the new IDE of microsoft
Hello, Someone knows if exist some control wich implement the tab control like the one that the new ide of microsoft (.net) is using or if we need to implement one custom control? if yes then does anyone knows one already made? Thanks Nuno There is nothing which will work identical to the one in IDE. Look at codeguru/codeproject for some samples. You can buy it from Dundas, Syncfusion etc. CFolderView class in MSDN/MSJ worked just like VC++ 6. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Nuno Esculcas" <nesculcas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38f0f14e.0408021...

How to insert a realplayer G2 control into a rich edit control?
I try to insert a realplayer G2 control into a rich edit control but failed. There is only a blank rectangle. Please help here. +++++++++++++++code begin+++++++++++++++ CTestEmbedActiveXView *pView=(CTestEmbedActiveXView *)GetActiveView(); pView->GetRichEditCtrl().ReplaceSel(_T("begin insert a realplayer activex control.\n")); LPSTORAGE lpStorage=NULL; LPOLEOBJECT lpObject=NULL; LPVIEWOBJECT2 lpViewObject=NULL; LPDATAOBJECT lpDataObject=NULL; RECT rc; rc.left=0; rc.right=300; rc.top=0; rc.bottom=100; BOOL bResult=m_realplayer.Create(NULL,_T("realplayer wnd&...

expression has invalid reference to property form/report
Can any one help...I modified my form and tested n work perfectly well when I copied and past the table and form just the structure to the real time...it keep giving me run time error 2455 and the message " Expression that has an invalid reference to the property form/report" Can any one help..many thanks Galrabb Galrabb - You need to post your code for us to help... Any information on the object that is erroring out will help... -- Daryl S "expression has invalid reference to prop" wrote: > Can any one help...I modified my form and teste...

Moving Controls
Hey NG, i'have a MDI-Application with Dialogs placed in as FormViews. One FormView moves his Controls dynamical with .MoveWindow. The Problem: When the Dialog is scrolled to an other position and the controlls move their position too, the coordinates where from the active part of the dialog. So all controll were on the wrong place. Do you have some advice, who to place the with absolute coordinates ? Thanks Pete Peter Meier wrote: > Hey NG, > > i'have a MDI-Application with Dialogs placed in as FormViews. > One FormView moves his Controls dynamical with .MoveW...

CEdit Access Underlying String (as a const reference)
Hi All, I want access to the underlying CString as a const reference, without the copy overhead of GetWindowText(...). Is this possible? Thanks, Jeff Jeffrey Walton wrote: > Hi All, > > I want access to the underlying CString as a const reference, without > the copy overhead of GetWindowText(...). Is this possible? > > Thanks, > Jeff > There is no underlying CString. The characters in the control are stored somewhere within Windows and the only means of accessing them is via a copy that is performed by Windows. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Scott McPhill...

TAB Control + Dialogbar dialog box
Hi I am using VC++ 7.0. I am having a tab control which display dialog boxes. I didnt used property sheets. Now I want to change the color for the tabs and dialogs also. Currently if I change the color of the dialog box and switch between two tabs the background doesnt get erased. I do I change the color of the dialog and tab buttons ? ...

SQL syntax for subforms of subforms that must relate.
Hello. I am working on a meeting dbase and I have got to this point with help from this site but am stuck here. Due to the intricacy of some agendas, I have had to add levels so to speak with more agenda tables. I have 5 levels total so far. Each of the agenda level tables are set up the same as the original agenda table but with identifying level names. tblAgendaItems AgendaID (autonumber, primary key) MtgID (foreign key) AgendaItem AgendaItemName AgendaItemMinutes tblAgendaItemsLevel2 AgendaIDLevel2 (foreign key to AgendaID) MtgID (Number) AgendaItemLevel2 AgendaItemNameLe...

How to change an absolute reference while copying cells?
Hello, I want to copy a formula with an absolute reference that needs to be changed after a number of cells, like: =A1/AVERAGE(A$1:A$10) for the first 10 rows =A11/AVERAGE(A$11:A$20) for the next 10 rows =A21/AVERAGE(A$21:A$30) for the next 10 rows and so on Is there any way to obtain this result with a single copy operation, without having to manually edit the absolute reference? Thankyou, /_urka You only need to edit the first in the series, and with the F4 key that is not too onerous. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Lurka" <lonel...

Referring to cells by range names #4
i have inputted that formula and still get a #ref!. i have checked bot name ranges to make sure that 1/ they exist and 2/ they intersect. an thoughts as to what i might be missing -- rllane4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rllane47's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1647 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27830 Enter this in T5: =INDIRECT(Q5&":"&Q5) INDIRECT(T3&":"&T3) Note the space between the 2 Indirects, and make sure all ranges are...

Controlling Chart formatting
Going mad - don't know if it is a general Excel chart problem o specific to Macs (or my MAC?) Various charts I have put together seem to change format at will usually when I save the file or print it. Changes are usuall restricted to font sizes of chart/data labels, sizes of text boxe and sizes of pies. Not even consistent - for example a shee containing 6 pies (printing on one page) will change the format an display of 2 or 3 of the pies but not the rest even though all ar derived from the same original so have the same formatting an options Any suggestions gratefully received Apologi...

Formula to lookup named reference based on value
I cant' figure out what the exact words that I'm looking for and if I did I would most likely find the answer. I've got a spreadsheet that has a series of numbers in say column A and it has the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 Further on in the spreadsheet I have named values like CA.1, CA.2, CA. 3 What I want to do is in the formula go: =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*CA.2) (for the named range CA.2) Is it possible to have something that goes.... =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*"CA"&B4) where B4 = 2 Thus the outcome would be CA.2 ????? =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*INDIRECT("CA"&B4)) -- Kind...

sum subform to form

Getting a single RTF document from multiple RTF controls
Here's a follow-up to my "Concatenating Rich Textbox Controls Into A Single File" message. I didn't get any useful responses to that message, so I assume that there isn't a direct way to create a single RTF document from multiple RTF controls (using MS Rich Textbox control 6.0 in Access 2000). So here's the method I came up with. Create a temporary RTF document from each control; open Word through automation; create a new doc and then use Insert File to insert all the temporary documents into the file. That should work; but I'd prefer to not have to open W...

SubForm 02-06-08
I have a Form that has a subform link together by a field. I will like to know if I can Maximize the subform within the Main Form. Thanks is advance. -- Jeff On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:50:12 -0500, "jeff" <jeff@jeffscomputerservices.com> wrote: >I will like to know if I can Maximize the subform within the Main Form. No. You can change the size of the Subform container within the main form, in design view, but you can't dynamically change the size (have it superimpose itself over other controls, say). One option you might consider if you need screen space would be to ...

Classes within a control
HI, can anyone help me out here. I have used an activex (SSUltraGridControl) control on a dialog and I then added a member variable of type CSSUltraGridControl. At this point I selected the classes within the control that I required. I now wish to utalise the CSSSelected class (which was not originally chosen) within the control and I do not know how to get it into my project. I have tried creating another project and included the entire CSSUltraGridControl classes in it and then copy the SSSelected.h and SSSelected.cpp files into my working direcotry etc by I get an error saying ...

How to recreate context menu in CEdit control for Vista?
I am trying to disable the Cut and Copy functions of the standard Context Menu for a CEdit control. I have derived my own CEdit class with an override of the OnContextMenu() function. From examples in this group and from other places on the net I believe I know how to create my own Context Menu. The question is how do I replicate the other options of the default Context Menu such as "Right to left Reading order", "Show Unicode control characters" etc... -- Best regards, FlyingHorse "FlyingHorse" <FlyingHorse@invalid.local> wrote in message news:r29r63...

referring to calculated field on form
This was the initial problem... >I am trying to determine insurance rebates. The rebate is prorated. I have a >calculate field on my form that has the formula for determining the amount of >the rebate based on coverage, years worked etc but I need to multiply this >amount by the actual number of health premium payments each person made >over a 6 mo. period. I have a subform that shows the 6 month history of activity >on the accounts. One record per month. Some people have health ins., some life, >some both etc.. Some people join during the 6 mo. period - some leave. The...

reference to cells in other files: direct vs indirect
I inherited a behemoth of an Excel file (Excel 2003) that was created by multiple people in different countries, who may or may not have left the company. Anyway, I'm on my own. In one of the sheets, I find the following functions: Cell U1: ='Site General'!U1 Cell U2: ="["&INDIRECT("u$1")&"]Recurrent (Summary by Unit)"&"" Cell U4 and below: =IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT(ADDRESS($L4;4;;1;U$2)));0;INDIRECT(ADDRESS ($L4;4;;1;U$2))) ($L4 becomes $L5, $L6,...) The result of these functions is: Cell U1: V5 Spain.XLS --> this is a file th...

Control the Workflow to auto "Complete the Task"
Hi, We are using InfoPath 2007, Sharepoint 2007 and Sharepoint Designer 2007. We have an InfoPath form running in an approval-type workflow that requires an digital signature before the task is allowed to complete. The problem with this is that it creates a situation where the user has to sign the form AND remember to edit and complete the task in SharePoint. When the user forgets to open the task and click on the "complete the task", the workflow never advances. This is very annoyance to our users. Is there a way that the either in the workflow or upon clickin...

How do I use cell reference instead of name in a formula?
I have a spreadsheet I am using for financial statements. In one area, I have to create sub-totals based on the rows above. The problem is that some of the cells are set up as named ranges for use elsewhere, and some are not. As a result, the formulas for my sub-totals contain both names and cell references. When I try to copy these formulas to adjacent cells for other months, some formula components change (eg. C35 becomes D35) while others don't (eg. Jan_Sales stays as Jan_Sales). This makes a complicated edit, overly prone to errors. It is also not something I am comfortable tu...

Limiting subform entries based on mainform field value
Hi, I am sure that someone has already asked (and got an answer) to my question, but I was not able to find the exact answer by searching through the previous topics. Big part of it is probably the fact that I am fairly new to Access, and probably was not searching for the right key words. But at any rate, here is my question. I am trying to build a form (with a subform) that allows consultants within a company to record their client consultations. So, here are the details. I have a mainform with the following fields: Clients (ClientID, Client Name), Client's membership status (Status) ...

Reference Books
Hi, I am new user of Excel. Can anyone recommend a reference book for a new user of Excel. At this time I believe I need a "New User's" type of reference and not an all inclusive 'bible of Excel'. Thanks for any recommendations. Bquinn See http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html for a list. Pick a few from the general category, then go to your local bookstore and browse them and see which suits you. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Wquuinn" <wquinn1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:OEAETE6OGHA...

Control Charts
I need to create a control chart. I have no idea how to do this. I'm looking to create a chart that can distinguish between variation in a process due to common causes and variations de to special causes. I need to show an upper control line, a control line and a lowe control line. And then show where my data is between these lines. ex say I am aloud a max. of 20 keying errors and the standard min is 2. O monday I make two erros, on tues I make 10 and on wednesday 4. I nee to chart these differences and show lines for the min. avg. and max -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum...