reference to master form

Hello there

I have master form and inside there is subform.

If an event procedure uccur on subform, how can i get refence to the master
form in order to change there things when the name of the master form is
diffrent always?

0
Roy

Roy

Look in Access HELP for the "Parent." property.

Your code will look something like:

    Me.Parent....

from within the subform.

--
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

"Roy Goldhammer" <roy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello there
>
> I have master form and inside there is subform.
>
> If an event procedure uccur on subform, how can i get refence to the
master
> form in order to change there things when the name of the master form is
> diffrent always?

0
Jeff
6/24/2007 1:32:35 PM
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 06:32:35 -0700, "Jeff Boyce"
<JeffBoyce_IF@msn.com-DISCARD_HYPHEN_TO_END> wrote:

>Roy
>
>Look in Access HELP for the "Parent." property.
>
>Your code will look something like:
>
>    Me.Parent....
>
>from within the subform.

If I may jump in here with related question...

What would be the proper way to code this human syntax from
the subform:

	If the main form is a new record, then subform field
	[PageNumber] (value) should be "1".

--
Thanks,
tbl

OnLoad form position
While using CRM, I have created a number of custom entities. I know how to set the size using an onLoad script, but is there any way to move the for so that it opens and the user can see everything on the page, rather than opening so that half of the form is off-screen? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. ...

Circular reference #4
There is a formula that has created a circular reference which I find very difficult to find, even with the circular reference toolbar. Any one any suggestions? Pat Maybe Stephen Bullen's utility http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Look for FindCirc.zip Pat wrote: > > There is a formula that has created a circular reference which I find very > difficult to find, even with the circular reference toolbar. Any one any > suggestions? > > Pat -- Dave Peterson ...

Trying to reference a workbook worksheet from a cell content
It is hard to explain what I am trying to do in the subject line: I have two workbooks: One is "Building Methods" The other is "Costs" I have a formulas in the Building Methods workbook that needs to look up a value in the Costs workbook, but the particular sheet it needs to look up the costs from has to be gotten from a cell in the Building Methods worksheet. For instance here is the formula that works: =IF(G14="ax",'[Costs.xls]2278'!$D$14,"") The problem is that I need the "2278" to be picked up form cell G4 rather than be specif...

Change Master Site Ordering so it allocates to Independent Site
Currently the PO Generator allows a master site to order for subordinate sites. But what it does not do is indicate which inventory is for the independent site versus the Master site. So basically this capability is not helpful. It should not only display the inventory that is to be allocated to the Master versus the Subordinate site, but it should also create a PO from the subordinate site to the Master site so the inventory can easily transfer. These changes would make this functionality usefull We do not find the functionality in its current form useful. Thanks, Jason ------------...

Custom Forms #2
Hi, I'm wondering is it possible to have mail in a public folder be converted a form in Exchange 2003? (e.g., any reply/forward/double click/right click). Or new mail composed in that folder be converted to forms? If so what tools do I need to consider? Regards, Norman Zhang ...

Checking a forms fields for null
Hi All, I can think of a few ways to accomplish this, but would like to know of a better way. just like when you fill out forms on the web if the field is mandatory it pops up a msg say somthing like "This field isn't optional" if it is left blank. What is the best way to do this in access on a form? I'm using now: if ISNull(myFeild1) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild1" end if If ISNull(myFeild2) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild2" end if if ISNull(myFeild3) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild3" end if I use s...

Naming a subform from a main form
I'm having a heck of a time getting to a control on a sub form from a main form. I use the following convention Forms![frm MAIN_FORM]![frm SUB_FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] However when I run the code, I get an error message informing me Access cannot find the field named [frm SUB_FORM]. Then I tried taking the mainform out of the line leaving me with Forms![frm SUB-FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] Then the message reads can find find the form named frm subform. As far as I can tell the subform is opened. I can see it. I'm baffled. Can you help me? Common problem!! Open your main form in d...

Display a PDF in a Windows Form.
I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended. I need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other stuff on the screen that needs to still be displayed. Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not acceptable. Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need any of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also be nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so I could display multiple pages in succession. TIA - Jeff. "Mr. ...

Dynamically linking fields to forms
In my form I have patient_Id as drop down list which is linked to main PATIENT table where it gets update by different department and the new values shows up in my FORM's drown drop list immediately. Along with patient_id I have 4 more values that need to be shown on my FORM from 4 different tables. Finally all the above values collected dynamically and some tested values from FORM base table ( testing table) should be saved into my testing table when some one clicks on the save button. Is this possible? with out distrubing the PATIENT tables or any other linked tables? -- ...

Sharing only forms, not tables
I have an access database. I have designed several forms which shows information retrieved by querries. I would like to share this forms with my colleagues via server. But, i dont want my colleagues to access tables and querries, because of security reasons. Could you pleae tell me a good reference to do that? How can i keep my tables in a seperate place than forms. Thanks That's not going to work. Forms have no data of their own. They read their data from and write their data to tables. If your users have not rights to read or write the tables, your forms won't work either. -- A...

How to customize the Item Properties Form
Is there any way to add additional fields to the Item Properties page in RMS? I have used QSRules to modify the POS Screen in the past but don't see any way to modify any of the forms from within Manager. I would like to either add more fields or pop a custom form after tabbing off the Item Lookup Code field. Thanks! Nope, no way to modify the built in forms. You can replace them, as several existing add-ins do. You can also use the ItemSave hook to pop your form after the OK button on Item Properties is clicked. That's the most granular activation that's available. Gle...

Run query from date input on form
Hello all! I have what I hope is a easy situation. I have a table that has information that is entered daily with a field "Completed Date". I want to add a text box to a form where a user can enter a date and hit a button that will run a query for that specific completion date so I can have the query results exported to Excel. Would I use an unbound text box on the form? How would I set up the query to take the date entered in the form? Thank you very much! - Joker -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yes, an unbound textbox would be one w...

Circular references? I iterate You what?!
first thanks to everyone for their help....I have reinstalled office and I still cannot use the reply group option. Next I have this error =(E16+E18)--I16 was defined as a circular reference but for the life of me I cannot see why. Some of my other formulae are also "circular" In English this equation should be (Overtime + overtime carried over from previous month) minus minus the hours holiday Why it is cicular I have no idea. It works if I change the itiration. so my question is in what way is this circular and how does itiration work? Thanks in advance Danny Hard to say...

Excel newbie reference
Could anyone guide me to a detailed database/website which explains the logic behind excel formulas and some critical characteristics of Excel... It could be a .pdf of e- book... anything ... may be 1000 pages....but I am ready to dive in... I deliberately need a guidance which tells Excel from A to Z. I hope I am not Pollyanna. Thanks a lot. Regards, Mustafa www.google.com "Mustafa Sapmaz" <mustafa_sapmaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:75c401c3e72d$626c86d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Could anyone guide me to a detailed database/website which : explains the logic behi...

Linking a multiple spreadsheets to a master spreadsheet
I have looked for the solution to this, but have had no luck. I need to link multiple excel spreadsheets to a master spreadsheet, where each sheet on the master would represent one external spreadsheet. If the info on the external spreadsheets are changed, the master should reflect those changes and visa versa. I am using Excel 2007. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks! Excel doesn't work like this. It can pull the values from one cell to another via a formula, but it can't easily push the data from one cell to another (no matter where it'...

Referring to control on subform
I have a parent form named fMemberInfo with a tab control called tabSubforms with a subform called fYInfoSubform with a combobox call cboSeqNo I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent" event. How do I refer to the comboxbox? On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:51:56 -0500, "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a parent form named fMemberInfo >with a tab control called tabSubforms >with a subform called fYInfoSubform >with a combobox call cboSeqNo > >I would like to requery the combobox on t...

RMS should provide a discount associated with payment form
Not all forms of payment are alike. Credit cards have a commision the bank charges for us to accept it, credit has a risk implicit. It would be very valuable for Retailers if a discount on the sale could be associated to one or more forms of payment. I.e. if the customer pays in cash he or she would be eligible for a special discount, because those forms of payment does not cost the retailer any extra risk or commision. This could be an advantage for those customers paying in that particular form and could be used to attract this kind of consumers. In many countries most small retailer...

Cell Value as Named Range Reference
Little bit of a quirky question... Trying to use a cell value as a reference in a formula, where that cell value is the name of a named range. So, assume A1:A3 is a named range: Rng1. And, B1:B3 is Rng2. I want to get the correlation vale for A1:A3 and B1:B3 So, cell D1 contains "Rng1" and D2 has "Rng2"; and cell D3 has the formula: =correl(D1,D2). But I get an error. Have also tried using Indirect to no avail. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you. =CORREL(INDIRECT(D1),INDIRECT(D2)) -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "ste...

Lookup query value from Form
Hello. I have a form that I would like to lookup values in several taxt boxes. The values I want displayed are from several different Sum Queries. Example: I want to pull Total Working Blance from a query and monthly rent revenue from another query. The values all come from different tables. Is this possible? Thanks for the help. you can use a DLookup() function to retrieve the queries' values. read up on the function in Access Help, so you'll understand how it works. then add an expression to each textbox control's ControlSource property, as =DLookup("MyField", ...

Employee Time card form
I have a table containing two fields - Employee_ID and Time_Stamp. I've already created a form that scans in Employee_IDs; and once any Employee_ID is scanned in, the ID and scanned time is recorded to the table. In addition to what it already does, the form needs to populate the employee's punch time records for the current week. For example: (current date and time is Wednesday 9:02 am) (Form view before update) Employee ID: ___________________ (Form view after update) Employee ID: _1001 (Enter)_______ ________________________________ Employee ID: 1001 Mon: ...

Reference a cell value in a formula
I have the following formula: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Summary!$F$7:$F$15000)=1)*1) I want the "15000" to be replaced by the varaible value of a cell in an other worksheet ("Summary"). I tried using INDIRECT but it didn't work. Thanks in advance =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(OFFSET(Summary!$E$7,0,0,C4,1))=1)*1) C4 in this case is the cell that holds the number of items to be used in the calculation -- If the post is helpful, please consider donating something to an animal charity on my behalf ..... and click Yes "Leon" wrote: > I have the f...

Read only Form when opened
Hi In need to be able to open a form read only until I select a record from a combo box I want to keep from entering the information in the first record that comes up when I open the form Thanks That sounds like it would work I Estimate for a commercial wood working firm I use Access to track my jobs and generate Bids For example I might bid a hotel and need to exclude 300 wood doors and frames. So that would go into me exclusion field I need to make sure that the exclusion is attached to the right job This all works on a form with a sub form, the main form is information about...

3rds landscape form on word mac
I've been PC for so long the MAc is slowly winning me over though! How do I get my document to go in 3rd's for landscape form? G Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to hold a successful meeting http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0059747f-8775-4965-b56d-cab220b2f1b9/how-to-hold-a-successful.aspx I think we need a bit more detail. Are you trying to create three columns on a landscape document or three rows? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org <G Soil>...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

Data input OK but form not dispalying information back
Hi I have created various forms and tables successfully but suddenly I have one form which is not behaving as i would expect. When I enter data into this form, it appears to have been saved in the table, however, when I exit the form and then go back in to check the data, it is no longer displayed. I am new to access and have been teaching myself as I go along. Obviously I am missing someting here. Can you help me please? Many Thanks-- Tash It is possible you may have changed the data entry properties for the form. I think that would be unlikely for a beginner. Check the properties ...