recording the print date

Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have recorded the
date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a field on the form that
says when the report was printed.  It won't make a difference how many times
the report is printed so long as the date appears in a field.  The users use
the standard Access 2007 printing methods to print the report so adding a
PRINT button on a form or the report is not acceptable.

Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it done?  Any
samples, examples, or links will be helpful.

Thanks.... John

JohnE wrote:
> Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
> recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
> field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
> make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as the
> date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
> printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
> form or the report is not acceptable.
>
> Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
> done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
>
> Thanks.... John

Back in the old days....

I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success rather
than just mark something printed.
It's a rare problem today but I still use it.

Something like
  If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes Then
         Me.YourFieldName = Date()
  End If

  You could also use Now() to save the time and date.

  You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make sure it
writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably be done with a
macro.)

  Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom right of
the screen.

0
Mike
6/3/2010 8:10:20 PM

"Mike Painter" wrote:

> JohnE wrote:
> > Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
> > recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
> > field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
> > make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as the
> > date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
> > printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
> > form or the report is not acceptable.
> >
> > Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
> > done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks.... John
>
> Back in the old days....
>
> I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success rather
> than just mark something printed.
> It's a rare problem today but I still use it.
>
> Something like
>   If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes Then
>          Me.YourFieldName = Date()
>   End If
>
>   You could also use Now() to save the time and date.
>
>   You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make sure it
> writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably be done with a
> macro.)
>
>   Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom right of
> the screen.
>

> .

Thanks.  The message box trick could work.  Since it is the Access printing
that is doing the work of printing the Access report, where do you place the
msgbox?  Also, I looked at the Access Options but what in particular should I
be looking for?
Thanks again.
John
JohnE wrote:
> "Mike Painter" wrote:
>
>> JohnE wrote:
>>> Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
>>> recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
>>> field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
>>> make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as
>>> the date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
>>> printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
>>> form or the report is not acceptable.
>>>
>>> Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
>>> done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks.... John
>>
>> Back in the old days....
>>
>> I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success
>> rather than just mark something printed.
>> It's a rare problem today but I still use it.
>>
>> Something like
>>   If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes
>>          Then Me.YourFieldName = Date()
>>   End If
>>
>>   You could also use Now() to save the time and date.
>>
>>   You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make
>> sure it writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably
>> be done with a macro.)
>>
>>   Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom
>> right of the screen.
>>

>> .
>>

> Thanks.  The message box trick could work.  Since it is the Access
> printing that is doing the work of printing the Access report, where
> do you place the msgbox?  Also, I looked at the Access Options but
> what in particular should I be looking for?
> Thanks again.
> John

I thought it could be done globally but can't find where.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/ha012142131033.aspx#convertmacrostovba
will guide you through converting and it works on forms.

When done you will have something like what is below and the Msgbox would be
right under the DoCmd.OpenReport.

Private Sub Command105_Click()
On Error GoTo Command105_Click_Err

    DoCmd.OpenReport "Products", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal

Command105_Click_Exit:
    Exit Sub

Command105_Click_Err:
    MsgBox Error$
    Resume Command105_Click_Exit

End Sub

0
Mike

Stamp date for every record change
Hello! I need to know when and who made a change to a record. Is there an easy way to do this? The problem is that the data can be changed through both forms and queries, so programming the event for every form/query is impractical. Is there any 'global' event that fires when a record is saved or something? In Access 2010 (released later this month), you will be able to use Data Macros to do this. In current versions of Access, there's now way. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html...

Hold Transaction print out
Hi everybody, I am new to RMS..have been using this software for 3 months.. I handle a small ware house and it delivers products all around town.Sometimes when we deliver items to all these clients , we also have to print the invoices, which means we basically "close" the invoice and that means that we already got the money virtually.but physically if we dont get the money that day the invoice amount is "DUE".But then in the Z Report it comes up short and then my delivery department has to sort out which invoice was due or not to bring the OVER/SHORT amount to "...

Losing it
Here's the background: Under Page Setup: Layout is set as Booklet - Page Size 4.5"x11" - Portrait. Printer and Paper are set as Paer Size: Custom (4.5x11) and Source (Bypass Tray) Orientation - Portrait. I'm using a Konica Minolta C450 printer. It duplexes and folds. I can't figure out it it is the printer settings or the publisher settings that are off. Any suggestions would help as I have to fix this to mass print tomorrow. lmfkaty wrote: > Here's the background: > Under Page Setup: Layout is set as Booklet - Page Size 4.5"x11"...

Convert text date to mmddyyy date
I have 3 columns containing the date. A=Month (Text-January) B=Day (Numeric 1-31) C=Year. I need to combine these 3 columns into one column in the date format mm/dd/yyyy. Thanks for your help! Try this in D1: =--(B1&A1&C1) and drag down Format the range as a date. that concatenation results in a string that looks like: 12January2008 The first minus coerces the date into a number (but a negative number). The other minus changes it to a positive number. And since dates are just plain old numbers (formatted nicely) in excel, it may even work! wx4usa wrote: >...

Sorting Records
Can anyone help me? I'm interested in sorting records, (ascending/decending, while keeping all columns associated with a certain record bound together. "reese" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0efb01c53bbb$528331e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone help me? I'm interested in sorting records, > (ascending/decending, while keeping all columns > associated with a certain record bound together. Select all colums you want to sort and then use Data|Sort. A wizard will appear which lets you selct the column to sort on and the sorting...

Querry to get unique records from
I have an order-table with a column named "animalID". Some of the animalID-records are duplicated. I would like to have a querry with only unique animalID-records from both the duplicates and the rest of the records. I.e. if there are 3 records of "123", 2 records of "456" and 1 record of 789, I would like a querry returning 1 record of each reagardless of the number of records in the order-table. --------------------------------- RM Haukalid, Norway --------------------------------- SELECT [order-table].animalID FROM [order-table] GROUP BY [order-table]...

Help! Access shuts down -lost record
Hi...one of my clients is using a form i created to enter interview data...it's got multiple tabs and is fairly simple. She just reported "got an error, Access shut down, and I can't find my interview" - This has happened to her before. It has never happened when I tested it on my laptop. If for whatever reason Access is shutting down, why were all her notes deleted. Isn't it saving constantly? (It does on my machine!). She's using an mde version of the form. Is there any where I can tell her to look for her record if it's not appearing when she opens...

print options #2
how i move my printing around to print on one page? Highlight the area you want printed, click on File...Print Area...Set Print Area. Go to File...Print.....in the print range area force it to 1 one page. "andrew a" wrote: > how i move my printing around to print on one page? ...

Excel Date
I would like to know how to format the cell to give a date only in th columns e.g. 6 , 7, 8 , 9 instead of 6June04, 7th June 04, 8th June 08. This is because the cell I am working with is too small to fit the ful date in. Thanks in advance. Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Use a custom format of d -- Andy. "kir >" <<kir.17my9l@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kir.17my9l@excelforum-nospam.com... > I would like to know how to format the cell to give a date only in the > columns e.g. > > 6 , 7, 8 , 9 instead of ...

Printing to FRX via Adobe
When printing a report set in FRX that is linked to other reports, first report to print does not print to Adobe but gives a error message. All other linked reports print to adobe. First report must be printed in Excel right now when they don't print which means they are out of order. Any ideas ...

Printing Workbook Sheets as Separate Documents
I've set up a workbook that has 25 sheets, 3 pages each. Each worksheet is updated by the first sheet as to the serial numbe and Tech. . . i.e. Sheet 1 serial number is 10000 for all 3 pages Sheet 2 is 10001 for all 3 pages etc. The same Tech is listed on al pages. Problem, The reason each sheet is set up as 3 pages is that we mus print carbonless sets (white/Pink/Canary) and have our new printe staple them. It only works corectly if I print each sheet as a separate document. need to print all the sheets as sparate documents automatically. . How to? All help is appreciated, thank you...

Excel Object copied to Word not printing in color
I had something in Excel that was copied into Word (using copy, paste special and pasted as an "Excel object"). Part was in color. Within Print Preview, it showed in color, but when printing it to a color printer, the colored text printed in black and white. We even tried printing to another color printer and it didn't work. Copying it over as a table worked, but it was too big to size on one page, so I copied it over as a "bitmap" and it worked fine. But, this was a work-around. Can anyone help? Thanks! dmotika ...

Any way to format the X & Z report to print on a single full page?
I want to print my X & Z reports in a standard printer, rather than the 40 column POS printer. Is there any way to do this and maybe print one page, instead of 3 pages, since it thinks it is printing to a 40 column? hi jonathan, their is a reciept format in partner or customer souce that can do this for you all you have to do is load it into your reciept folder in RMS and use it as your Z report. it can be found at this web address https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedReports/ "Jonathan Smith" wrote: > I want to prin...

Is it possible to have part of the chart print in red?
I typed weights into an Excel document then made a chart. Is there any way to make the chart print certain weights in a different color? For example, could I get it to make any weight over 500 grams show up in red? Dot Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts, which you could adapt to your data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Dot wrote: > I typed weights into an Excel document then made a > chart. Is there any way to make the chart print certain > weights in a different color? For example, could I get > it to make any wei...

Printing question using 2003
I create flyers for my theater group on my home computer and then take them to another location to print the flyer on a new large-format printer. We have been having problems having the large-format printer print the file as a 18"x22" or other desired large size poster. It wants to print as it would on my home printer...like a group of six sheets that have to be taped together. Won't Publisher allow you to create in a letter size format (8.5"x11") and then automatically expand all text boxes, graphics, clip art, word art, etc to fit the enlarged large-format pr...

Trouble Printing To a Phaser 8550 in Pub 2007
Just upgraded from 2003 to 2007, and now I am unable to print both pages of a publisher document. Page 1 prints fine. Page 2's title prints fine also. But where there is an embedded excel spreadsheet now prints as a black box. I have printed the document on another printer (inkjet) without a problem, so this does appear to be specific to the Xerox Phaser 8550. Please help. SpikeDDS wrote: > Just upgraded from 2003 to 2007, and now I am unable to print both pages of a > publisher document. Page 1 prints fine. Page 2's title prints fine also. But > where there is an embe...

page setup landscape, but print footer in portrait mode
I have several pages that are being compiled. Most of them are printed in a portrait mode, but several are in landscape. I would like to print page numbers on all of them in the lower right hand corner. The landscaped pages will be turned facing the right of course, so the page number needs to print in the left hand margin turned 90 degrees. Hi not possible without VBA. You may record a macro while - set the page layout for the first pages - print these pages - change the page layout (landscape) - print these pages -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany msvflyhigh wrote: > I...

Sorting Records in a Form
Hi I have a form which enters data into a table. I am struggling to get the data when viewed in the form to show in ascending order on one of the fields in the table. I have sorted the table so that when the table is viewed it is sorted by the particular field. However the form still shows the records is a mixed order. I have also tried looking at the properties of the form and set the 'order by' property to the field required but again this did not work. Any help please Richard Create a query. Set the sorting in the query. Then set the RecordSource property of your form to th...

Update Records Pop-up Form
Hi Everyone, Help is really appreciated. So I have a form where the user can input data on three different text boxes then click on a 'search' command button and with simple code the results are filtered on the same form below in other text boxes. All this is linked to a single table. So I've set up this results text boxes Enable/Locked property to Yes because I don't want to allow the user to edit the data on the same form. However I've created an update command button which opens a new and more simple pop-up form where the user can modify the data. The problem ...

Date formats in Office
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3200958829_1087869 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I want to use the DMY format in Office. This should be achieved by setting System Preferences-International-Formats to the required region. Still the Office apps keep requesting input in MDY format. --B_3200958829_1087869 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD&g...

Update Query: Parameters = Date & Text Field on Form
From a form, I have an update query to update a date field in a table. (the form is not based on this table) Zero records are being updated. I assume I refered to the controls properly as it is not asking for any parameters... The Code on the form is was created by the design wizard. The SQL in the Query is as follows: UPDATE tblNext_and_Dates SET tblNext_and_Dates.[Next] = [Forms]! [frmTraining_Selection]![cboSchDate] WHERE ((([tblNext_and_Dates].[Training Name])=[Forms]! [frmTraining_Selection]!Training_Name)); I checked the records on the table to verify the criteria & that's OK...

Tag do not print or forward
In Outlook 2000, how can I tag an email message so that it can not be printed or forwarded on? Please advise. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2000, how can I tag an email message so that it > can not be printed or forwarded on? You can't. -- Brian Tillman ...

to find number of days between 2 dates using vba code in excel
Hi All, i have 2 DateTime Pickers and a textbox. This texbox should contain the number of days between these 2 dates. I am unable to calculate number of days between 2 dates. I have used DateDIf function in the VBA code when i run the program i get "Compile error: Sub or Function not defined" *Please help me to solve this problem. 1. why i get this "Sub or function not defined error" 2. What to do to solve these kind of problem 3. Please help to calculate the number of days between given 2 dates* -- sjayar -----------------------------------------------------------...

MS Word Printing Blanks
I've got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local printer and the other printer is a network printer. When I print a document on the local printer, everything works fine (Everything that is in the document is shown). But when I print to the network printer, the printer prints blanks and I cannot see anything including whatever I have typed in print preview. I have printed documents with network printer on a different computer and that works fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft Office. Do you know why this would...

Printing from within PUB and as a jpg
Win XP-Home - all current updates. Inserted images into a Publisher 2002 document. Printed the PUB page from within PUB. All image sizes are correct. Then saved the PUB page as SAVE-AS - .jpg. Printed the .jpg thru MSFT Photo Print Wizard. Images printed 3/4 the size as the original images as printed thru PUB. Appreciate all advice for this problem. Thanks. lars Do you get the same result if you right-click the publication, save as picture? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lar" <lar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808DEE2B-5D...