recording the print date

Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have recorded the
date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a field on the form that
says when the report was printed.  It won't make a difference how many times
the report is printed so long as the date appears in a field.  The users use
the standard Access 2007 printing methods to print the report so adding a
PRINT button on a form or the report is not acceptable.

Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it done?  Any
samples, examples, or links will be helpful.

Thanks.... John

JohnE wrote:
> Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
> recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
> field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
> make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as the
> date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
> printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
> form or the report is not acceptable.
>
> Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
> done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
>
> Thanks.... John

Back in the old days....

I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success rather
than just mark something printed.
It's a rare problem today but I still use it.

Something like
  If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes Then
         Me.YourFieldName = Date()
  End If

  You could also use Now() to save the time and date.

  You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make sure it
writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably be done with a
macro.)

  Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom right of
the screen.

0
Mike
6/3/2010 8:10:20 PM

"Mike Painter" wrote:

> JohnE wrote:
> > Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
> > recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
> > field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
> > make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as the
> > date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
> > printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
> > form or the report is not acceptable.
> >
> > Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
> > done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks.... John
>
> Back in the old days....
>
> I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success rather
> than just mark something printed.
> It's a rare problem today but I still use it.
>
> Something like
>   If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes Then
>          Me.YourFieldName = Date()
>   End If
>
>   You could also use Now() to save the time and date.
>
>   You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make sure it
> writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably be done with a
> macro.)
>
>   Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom right of
> the screen.
>

> .

Thanks.  The message box trick could work.  Since it is the Access printing
that is doing the work of printing the Access report, where do you place the
msgbox?  Also, I looked at the Access Options but what in particular should I
be looking for?
Thanks again.
John
JohnE wrote:
> "Mike Painter" wrote:
>
>> JohnE wrote:
>>> Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
>>> recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
>>> field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
>>> make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as
>>> the date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
>>> printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
>>> form or the report is not acceptable.
>>>
>>> Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
>>> done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks.... John
>>
>> Back in the old days....
>>
>> I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success
>> rather than just mark something printed.
>> It's a rare problem today but I still use it.
>>
>> Something like
>>   If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes
>>          Then Me.YourFieldName = Date()
>>   End If
>>
>>   You could also use Now() to save the time and date.
>>
>>   You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make
>> sure it writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably
>> be done with a macro.)
>>
>>   Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom
>> right of the screen.
>>

>> .
>>

> Thanks.  The message box trick could work.  Since it is the Access
> printing that is doing the work of printing the Access report, where
> do you place the msgbox?  Also, I looked at the Access Options but
> what in particular should I be looking for?
> Thanks again.
> John

I thought it could be done globally but can't find where.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/ha012142131033.aspx#convertmacrostovba
will guide you through converting and it works on forms.

When done you will have something like what is below and the Msgbox would be
right under the DoCmd.OpenReport.

Private Sub Command105_Click()
On Error GoTo Command105_Click_Err

    DoCmd.OpenReport "Products", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal

Command105_Click_Exit:
    Exit Sub

Command105_Click_Err:
    MsgBox Error$
    Resume Command105_Click_Exit

End Sub

0
Mike

The ability to change multiple activity due dates at once
I would find it extremely helpful when I have multiple activities that are due on the same date and I want to change the due date to be able to change them all at once rather than having to open each one separately and then changing the due date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

Printing Headers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Outlook 97 I used to be able to print an "Unsent" message and it would included the header information and subject line. But now in Outlook 2002 when I go to print a message in Draft form it doesn't print the Header information regardless of whether the message is in Plain Text, RTF or HTML format? Is this true and if so, is there a work-around? ...

Identify Duplicates (Group Records First)
Hello, I have an invoice table that includes the fields CustomerNumber and DivisionNumber. Customers can deal with multiple divisions. CustomerNumber DivisionNumber ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 Smith Inc 10 Smith Inc 10 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 10 XYZ Inc 20 XYZ Inc 20 I am trying to come up with a query that will identify that Jones Corp has records in both division 20 and 10. I would like the results ...

Item record in RM00101
Does anyone know how an item record is entered into RM00101? I only have one in there and I can't figure out how it got there. Thanks. Chris, Do you mean there is an inventory item in there? If so, most likely there was either a data entry error or an import direct to table error. If that's not what you mean, can you please elaborate? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEA12C29-07...

Can't edit publisher_address_list after appending records with Acc
With Office 2000 if I create a publisher_address_list and then use Access to append records to it, I cannot use the Edit publisher_address_list feature in Publisher to edit or add records. Is there a setting I need to change? ...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Receivable Document Date
I noticed for a past transaction that a receivable was post dated while the posting date was the correct date. What is the best way to correct this? Can I do this through the database? Lynn, The best way to do this is to void the original transaction and re- enter it. This will provide a complete audit trail. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com What is your Posting Setup? Is it "Post To GL" or "Post Thru' GL"? In case of "Post To GL", it is possible as the posting of Receivable could be in a past date and t...

Dating 6 events for 5 groups on a 18 month cycle
I have been trying tocalendarise 6 key dates in a cycle for 5 groups Each group A,B,and C all have different start dates to their cycle in the 18 month period - after that time it all repeats itself. Is there anyway this can be done I also need to find some way of labelling these key dates - Thanks no Denise - Despite Colin's certainty that it can't be done, I suspect all it requires is a better statement of your problem. Are you talking about a Gantt chart? If so, check out some of the links on this web page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html - Jon ------- ...

how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th".
how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such as "3rd of April 2010". when i run my program the words that appears onthe screen was 3-Apr-10. can you help me solve this problem? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:47:01 -0700, cristin wrote: > how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am > working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such > as &q...

start and end date of given date
Hi All, What's the easiest way to get the start and end date for a given date. The Mon thru Sun dates. Thanks, rodchar You can use known Monday and Sunday dates and calculate based on current date (or any parameter date): -- '20010101' is known Monday -- '20010107' is known Sunday SELECT DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010101') AS monday_for_date, DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010107') AS sunday_for_date; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQ...

Help needed on date()
Can anybody please tell me if, and how, I can use the date() funtion in excel for dates lying before 1900. The problem is that I'm trying to fill up columns with dates from a 19th century journal. thanks in advance D. Gerling Take a look at the following: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm MRO "Delano Gerling" <delano@gerling.demon.nl> wrote in message news:vm99477u8k7mdc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anybody please tell me if, and how, I can use the date() funtion in > excel for dates lying before 1900. > > The problem is that I'm trying to f...

Request between week ending date
I am currently using a query that request a "start date" and an "end date", I would like to change the request to "Week ending date" and include information 7 day back. What would I have to change to get this information? In the Criteria row under your date field, you currently have: Between [start date] And [end date] Try: Between [week ending date] - 6 And [week ending date] It is always a good idea to declare date parameters. In query design view, choose Parameters on the Query menu. Enter into the dialog: [week ending date] Date...

Excel doesn't remember custom date format
My web site uses a txt delimited file created by excel. The format of the date column needs to be in the form of YYYY-MM-DD. If I set up a column this way, save it and test my web site, it works. But if I quit Excel, reopen that project and add another entry, the date reverts to the MM-DD-YYYY format and my site no longer understands it. Is there a setting to force Excel to remember the custom format? Using Excel 2000. Jack Jack, If by "reopen the project" you mean that you're opening a text file, Excel will use the date format that it wants, not what you want. Tell the r...

Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet
Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro creating a macro or some other function that would record the number of times a worksheet is printed? Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I print it....can this be automated? So that every time I print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is incremented by one? Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a quick and easy solution. I am assuming this requires some minor VB code ...

"ghost or blank" messages with date field of "none".....help?
using the ESEUTIL utility, we recently had to rebuild our message store because of a corrupted restore attempt. everything restored nicely...execpt now we have some users that have what seems to be blank messages. when outlook is opened, and messages are listed in the inbox or deleted items folder, these messages are blank except for the word "none" in the date field. they can not be accessed nor deleted. any ideas on how to resolve this issue?? thanks! On 26 Sep 2006 12:07:04 -0700, "kamor56" <kmorgan56@gmail.com> wrote: >using the ESEUTIL utility, we recentl...

Date format in search?
Despite having changed the regional settings for each site collection to English(United Kingdom), using Advanced search and the Last Modified Date still only works if US date format. I.E. to search for files changed today I have to enter the date as 4/9/2010 and not 9/4/2010 as expected. Is there something else I need to configure to make the search use British date formats? Changing the regional settings there only effects the display. try changing the settings at the web application level in Central Administration. If that doesn't work, you'll need to modify the ser...

Date Error
Hello, Any help on the following matter would be greatly appreciated... I recently upgraded from Windows 95 to Windows 98 (yes, I realize the year is now 2005) and when I tried accessing one of my Excel spreadsheets, the dates were all whacky... For instance, what used to show as 05-Feb-2005 now appeared as "05<>Feb<>2005" (where <> is actually a small square). When I input a new date, it treats the entry as text as opposed to a date. This is even though I format the cell to recognize the entry as a date. Has anyone experience this before? I've been able...

Printing Double Columns
How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two columns in question are narrow enough for this. Art David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down when I paste). Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy. AjM wrote: > > How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two > columns in question are narrow enough for this. > > Art -- Dave Peterson Dave, That was a...

Filter eliminating records without and detail records
I need a filter to be able to hide records that don't have any records in the detail form. My example is Member Master and Event Detail. If there is no data in the Event Detail, I need to hide that Member Master record. Change the Can Shrink property in the form to yes. "Jeannie" wrote: > I need a filter to be able to hide records that don't have any records in the > detail form. My example is Member Master and Event Detail. If there is no > data in the Event Detail, I need to hide that Member Master record. I think you have a main form bound to the [Memb...

Completion Percentage of a date range
I have started a task sheet in excel and i have a "task description" coloumn, a "start date", "finish date", "number of days" and a "% complete" column. What i want to achieve is the user to enter the first task start date and the number of days it will take to complete. Then excel will work out the end date and the percent complete field relating to the current date. Is there a easy formula of working out the percentage? Many thanks Hi Brian, I think this is right? Assume Column A is Task, B is Start Date, C is No. of Days, D is End ...

Printing a Register
When I view my check reg on screen, the ending balance agrees with my running balance. When I print the reg, the ending balance is wrong unless I change the view to "all". I prefer to filter my display to unreconciled transactions for last 3 months. This way I don't have to scroll many screens. The printout is also one page for easy insertion in my client's folder . When I print from the filtered view, I get an incorrect balance in the printed page although the screen is correct. When I change to "all", I do get the correct balance but I don't want a stack...

outlook 2002
Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have implemented. They've grown to a huge number so I would like to prune and consolidate them. -- Bill Mitchell No, not possible. But you can export them so you can restore them later. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bill Mitchell" <training@jcnypd.org> wrote in message news:PcWBc.245655$hY.223933@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have imple...

How do I print only certain info on my excell sheet IE: no SS# or.
Please write your question in the *body* of the message. ...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....

Comment with date stamp, again
Here's a step-by-step: 1. Copy code below: Sub CommentDateTimeAdd() Dim strDate As String Dim cmt As Comment strDate = "ddd, mm-dd-yy h:mm AM/PM" Set cmt = ActiveCell.Comment Set cmt = ActiveCell.AddComment cmt.Text Text:=Format(Now, strDate) & Chr(10) _ & "NOTE:" End Sub 2. Open a new workbook 3. Click on "View Code" from any sheet 4. On the Visual Basic window click "Insert>Module" 5. Paste code into Module1 6. Return to sheet 7. Click "Tools>Customize" and a window pops up 8. Select "Inse...