recording the print date

Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have recorded the
date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a field on the form that
says when the report was printed.  It won't make a difference how many times
the report is printed so long as the date appears in a field.  The users use
the standard Access 2007 printing methods to print the report so adding a
PRINT button on a form or the report is not acceptable.

Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it done?  Any
samples, examples, or links will be helpful.

Thanks.... John

JohnE wrote:
> Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
> recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
> field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
> make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as the
> date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
> printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
> form or the report is not acceptable.
>
> Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
> done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
>
> Thanks.... John

Back in the old days....

I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success rather
than just mark something printed.
It's a rare problem today but I still use it.

Something like
  If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes Then
         Me.YourFieldName = Date()
  End If

  You could also use Now() to save the time and date.

  You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make sure it
writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably be done with a
macro.)

  Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom right of
the screen.

0
Mike
6/3/2010 8:10:20 PM

"Mike Painter" wrote:

> JohnE wrote:
> > Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
> > recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
> > field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
> > make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as the
> > date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
> > printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
> > form or the report is not acceptable.
> >
> > Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
> > done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks.... John
>
> Back in the old days....
>
> I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success rather
> than just mark something printed.
> It's a rare problem today but I still use it.
>
> Something like
>   If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes Then
>          Me.YourFieldName = Date()
>   End If
>
>   You could also use Now() to save the time and date.
>
>   You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make sure it
> writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably be done with a
> macro.)
>
>   Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom right of
> the screen.
>

> .

Thanks.  The message box trick could work.  Since it is the Access printing
that is doing the work of printing the Access report, where do you place the
msgbox?  Also, I looked at the Access Options but what in particular should I
be looking for?
Thanks again.
John
JohnE wrote:
> "Mike Painter" wrote:
>
>> JohnE wrote:
>>> Have a situation in which the printing (on paper) needs to have
>>> recorded the date the printing occurred.  This would mainly be a
>>> field on the form that says when the report was printed.  It won't
>>> make a difference how many times the report is printed so long as
>>> the date appears in a field.  The users use the standard Access 2007
>>> printing methods to print the report so adding a PRINT button on a
>>> form or the report is not acceptable.
>>>
>>> Is is possible to capture A2007's print button?  If so, how is it
>>> done?  Any samples, examples, or links will be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks.... John
>>
>> Back in the old days....
>>
>> I used to pop a message asking if the printing had been a success
>> rather than just mark something printed.
>> It's a rare problem today but I still use it.
>>
>> Something like
>>   If MsgBox("Did everything print OK?", vbYesNo, "Continue")= vbYes
>>          Then Me.YourFieldName = Date()
>>   End If
>>
>>   You could also use Now() to save the time and date.
>>
>>   You will have to change the way 2007 writes these buttons and make
>> sure it writes code rather than a macro. (Although it can probably
>> be done with a macro.)
>>
>>   Click the Access button and select "Access Options" at the bottom
>> right of the screen.
>>

>> .
>>

> Thanks.  The message box trick could work.  Since it is the Access
> printing that is doing the work of printing the Access report, where
> do you place the msgbox?  Also, I looked at the Access Options but
> what in particular should I be looking for?
> Thanks again.
> John

I thought it could be done globally but can't find where.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/ha012142131033.aspx#convertmacrostovba
will guide you through converting and it works on forms.

When done you will have something like what is below and the Msgbox would be
right under the DoCmd.OpenReport.

Private Sub Command105_Click()
On Error GoTo Command105_Click_Err

    DoCmd.OpenReport "Products", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal

Command105_Click_Exit:
    Exit Sub

Command105_Click_Err:
    MsgBox Error$
    Resume Command105_Click_Exit

End Sub

0
Mike

What controls default date when entering date fragment?
I know there has got to be a simple answer to this, but I just can't find it... What controls the date that defaults into a cell when you type in just a day, e.g. when I type in "23", what causes "23-Jan-00" to default in? I want it to default to "23-May-04", but since I got my new PC, I have to specify both the day and the month to get the correct date. Hi if the cell is formated as date the numeric value 23 is interpreted as date: 23 - Jan - 1900 No chance without macros for other defaults -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sharon C&...

"Print Titles" in Excel is disabled. How to enable it?
The "Print Titles" while doing Print preview for an Excel worksheet(s) is coming as disabled. I am unable to select row(s) and/or column(s) to repeat on every page while printing. What should be done to enable this? That option is always disabled in the print preview. Use the Page Setup command in rhe File menu. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8916AA2A-87A3-4FB1-A7C8-79B2B94F2DD2@microsoft.com... > The "Print Titles" while doing Print preview for an Excel worksheet(s)...

printing emailsto include the attachment information
Hello all! in using office XP i have found that when i print out an email for our files, if there was an attachment it does not indicate that there was an attachment. i have installed both sp1 and sp2 in the hopes that this was fixed but was sadly disappointed. how do i print emails to include the attachment information? if there where three attachments i'd like to see a list. i belive this was possible in previous versions of office. thank you for your help. ...

Printing with Office 10.1.5
I am running OS X 10.2.8 on an indigo iBook and have upgraded to the latest version of MS Office v.X as noted. I did the upgrade to see if I could fix a prior problem that would not allow me to print Word docs using a HP Deskjet 842C printer. To print, I have to convert to PDF and then send to the printer. This only happens with Word docs. If anyone has found a solution would appreciate hearing. The conversion is a problem for many clients with whom I share docs and a time waste for all of us. Many thanks for feedback. Hi Bob, Try using MacOS to remove the printer and then add i...

Multiple Values in One Record
I am following Dave Healey's code to report multiple values in one record (http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.access.reports/ msg/dbea034deb75430e?dmode=source). I think I have a syntax error in the ControlSource designation. BACKGROUND Specifically, my tblCI contains a field (CI) which is related to tblClassesCI which contain the Classes for the CI. A standard report indicates multiple Classes for each CI. The requirement is to separate multiple records by a comma in one field. Per Dave's specifications, I have a query named "qryCI" with a "CI" field....

printing import specs
is there anyway to print the Import Specs i have in Access 2000? i'm importing a table using specs (fixed length) and someone needs to see the specs. what is the easiest way to get them to him? TIA Ted MSysIMEXSpecs & MSysIMEXColumns are the tables involved I've unfortunatelly lost the code I used to document them, though (ie DataType translations) Pieter "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message news:e7nYF11DIHA.5788@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > is there anyway to print the Import Specs i have in Access 2000? > > i'm importing a table ...

Todays date
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with a date field. I want to calculate how many days have passed since that date. So I need to minus todays date from the original date. Does anyone know how I get Excel to display todays date and update for each new day. Any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann Rexmann, =TODAY() -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Sorting records in subform
I'm having problems sorting the records by a particular field (SampleDate) for a subform. I can have them sorted no problem in the actual form the subform is based on, but no matter what I do the subform will not sort!! What is going on?? Please help. Dave B On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:42:01 -0800, Dave <Dave.Beaune@lhsc.on.ca> wrote: >I'm having problems sorting the records by a particular field >(SampleDate) for a subform. I can have them sorted no problem in the >actual form the subform is based on, but no matter what I do the >subform will not sort!! What is going...

Count uniq records and assign to a control
SID is the field of underline query of a form (have many duplicates). I want to count number of uniq SID and assign the result to TotalStudent control on the form. Please help. Thanks - Song In article <e90AFyUbHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, csitnnn@hotmail.com says... > SID is the field of underline query of a form (have many duplicates). I want > to count number of uniq SID and assign the result to TotalStudent control on > the form. Please help. Thanks > > - Song > > > Maybe with a saved query such as Query1: SELECT DISTINCT SID FROM UnderlyingQ...

publisher
when printing business cards in Publisher I can only get 4 cards per A4 page. How do get a full page of business cards (standard/default size) please What version Publisher? File, page setup, business card (9cm x 5.08cm), click change copies per sheet. Side margin 1.5cm Top margin 2.15cm gaps--zero. Early versions of Publisher you type the dimensions when you are ready to print. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "miket the bizz" <miket the bizz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B868565-...

Conditional Formatting
I have read & tried several CF solutions, but they are not working for me. I am working with Today() date, Due_Date, & days_late. I have a formula in the days_late column =IF(OR(TODAY()<Due_Date,J9="COMPLETED")," ",TODAY()-Due_Date). This formula gives me days_late or leaves that column blank (" "). I want 5 cells to turn red if days_late>1. All my attempts at CF have also turned the blank (" ") cells red also. I have tried ISBLANK and NOT(ISBLANK). -- pls Your problem is that " " is not blank. I know it looks...

Row data missing from printed report
I'm printing a tabular report from Access 2003 in portrait on A3. On a row about half way down, it prints the grid lines and some of the fields, but misses other fields (all there on Print Preview or a Landscape print). Has anyone had this problem and solved it? Suggestions: Open the report in design view, and check the properties of the problem text box(es.) Make sure: - Display When is set to Always. - Back Color is white - Fore Color black (0) - Font Size is 8 or greater - Font Name is one you have installed. If you have vertical set to Yes, try the font Arial CYR (...

problem when entering manually a record in the CRM tables
Why when I enter manually (via SQL Studio Management) a record in the tables (base, extension) that represent an entity in a CRM, I can see this record via the CRM Interface. Any idea about this issue? Microsoft recommends that you do not enter data directly into the SQL tables for CRM. This is unsupported. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Why when I enter manually (via SQL Studio Management) a record in the tables > (base, extension) that represent an entity in a CRM, I can see this record > via the CRM Interface....

Date conversions
I have to import data from an ASCII text file and use INSERT INTO ... to create records in an existing table. There are a couple of fields with dates in the form Mar 05,10 I know that I can set the 9 characters into a string and manipulate the string using format(... to massage the data into a form suitable for the SQL string using #s. I was just wondering if that technique is the most efficient or is there a better approach? -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:18:19 +1000, &qu...

No records in ContactExntensionBase table
We imported over 40,000 contacts into ContactBase table in CRM 3 but not a single a record was created in ContactExtensionBase table. Why?? If we manually created a contact then records are found in both tables. Any idea? Please help. Thanks. ContactExtensionBase table is used for custom fields for Contact. I'm not clear what you mean by importing contacts into ContactBase table. Did you insert record to ContactBase table manually or did you import contacts through CRM SDK or some other methods? For getting record when you manually create a contact using CRM, if you have ad...

Custom Page Size Printing
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium & MS Office 2007. I setup custom page size of 5.5 x 8.5 (sandard size or formal invitations). I setup a Microsoft Access 2007 Report using this page size. I am printing on a HP Color LaserJet 2600n. when I print the printer recogizes the paper in the tray as being valid, but prints the image ~1.5 inches off center to the left. I then setup a custom page size of 8.5 x 8. and used it. I printer recogizes that the paper in the tray is incorrect and asks me if I wish to override and then prints. This issue with that is that if you are pri...

Worksheet Revision Date only once that day
I put a revision date in a cell (today's date) when I change a worksheet. If I merely print, view or something without actually changing the worksheet, I do not update the revision date even if I happen to save it again. I need the worksheet to automatically update the worksheet revision date only once for that day and only when the worksheet is changed (or only once after it's opened & changed will work just as well). I am trying to avoid changing the date every time the worksheet is changed since it's not necessary to change the date to the same date every time a change ...

date parameter not accurate...
I have a table where each record has a resolution date ranging from 1/1/2006 thru 12/31/2006. If I do the followingin the res date field: Between #1/1/2006# And #3/31/2006#, it will show me all records where the resolution date is in that range. If I do the following in the res date field: Between [Start Date:] And [End Date:], where start date is 1/1/2006 and end date is 3/31/2006, it will show me records ranging from 1/1/2006 thru 12/31/2006. Is there any explanation for this? Thanks, Perry -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Is the resolution date being stored in a...

Problem with Printing
Am trying to print out a 'tent' card in Publisher. In draft it comes out fine and folds perfectly but when I use glossy photo paper the two parts do not line up and overlap when folded. Suggest this is coz the thicker photo paper is feeding through more slowly - any ideas? Thank you. ...

changing totals as a date changes
Not sure if my subject makes sense so I will explain. I need to create a query that shows open orders for vendors for 2 dates. Previous and Current. When i run a new query, the old current becomes the new previous and i add anew surrent. Right now i have 2 dates and i used a crosstab query and that works fine becuase i can delete one date and add another. the issue is when i need to find the difference between the two dates. if i run it now the dates are say 2/1 and 3/1. if i rerun the data on 4/1, the formulas i used to get the difference form 2/1 and 3/1 won't work. Long story sh...

Print Preview does not work
I am running Windows XP Pro and Publisher 2003. Today I had to install a new printer driver. Having done that, I cannot use Print Preview. It does not detect the presence of a printer. Yet I am able to print from other programs. Print Preview works in Word. Why not in Publisher? This is definitely a printer issue, not a Publisher issue. Did you completely remove the old driver before installing the new? It is always wise to completely remove a driver before installing/reinstalling How to clean up printer drivers. http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm -- Mary S...

Recording Sports Tournaments
Hi, I am trying to concoct a spreadsheet that will keep a track of sport tournaments as they progress. The tournament format is one of four pools of four teams, the top tw teams progressing to the knockout stages. I have a list of the fixtures and cells in which to put the score during matches. From these cells I want to know how I can get Excel t calculate league tables for each group. I know there is a RANK function that may be of some use but it is stil a mystery to me how to run league tables in Excel and moreover how t present four different leagues on one sheet. If anyone has expe...

ListView with internal records
I would like to have a webpage with a list of items for the user to send for processing. When the user enters the page I usually would like to enter a couple of default items. Then it should be possible to edit, delete and insert items to the list. After all editing is ready, the list can be sent for processing. I found out the ListView control looked like a great candidate. I added a ListView and configured a corresponding ObjectDataSource. The ObjectDataSource calls a handler class that creates the default entities. It works fine so far. But when I want to configure the...

Printing from Excel #3
Can Excel produce printed reports in a reading view, like Word? If so, how do I do this? Thanks. you mean like File / Print Preview? To make it look like a report, do it with a macro I have a file that is about 10 pages long. I want to be able to print it Landscape, and put page 1 and page 2 side by side on the first sheet, then 3 and 4 and so on. You can do it in Word, it is something like a Reading view, but I can't figure out how to do in Excel. Page Setup, fit to page did not work. Printer was even setup to do 2 pages per sheet, but it did not work. Any thoughts? &quo...

Using filter results to append records
I am using a form (frmSearchAlpha) that uses as its structure Allen Browne's Very Excellent filter code. The filter works great, and we have been using it for some time. We take the filter and use it in a VB SQL statement to append the filter results to another table (tblRetrievalVest) The problem is we are now filtering almost 500,000 records. The filtering doesn't take a long time, particularly after the first search, but the append SQL is beginning to. Is there code that allows us to append directly from the filter results instead running the filter all over again in the ...