record still not updated until close the form or run report

I have a cmdStart button in frmWorkshop. When click, it opens another form
frmSignIn
On load event of frmSignIn, I make frmWorkshop visible = false
Below is cmdSignIn on form frmSignIn. It seems the line
Forms!frmWorkshop.[WS]=1 always in the memory instead of update the record.
Me.Dirty=False does not help. I have to either close frmWorkshop, or run
other report be fore the update to show up. Where did I do wrong?

Private Sub cmdSignIn_Click()

    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset

    Set rst = Forms!frmWorkshop.RecordsetClone
    If Me.intEN <> "" Then
       rst.FindFirst "EN = " & Me.intEN
       If rst.NoMatch Then
           txtMsg = "Employee number not found!"
       Else
           Forms!frmWorkshop.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark
           If Forms!frmWorkshop.[WS] = 1 Then
              txtMsg = "You have already signed in " &
Forms!frmWorkshop.[Full_Name] & "!"
           Else
              Forms!frmWorkshop.[WS] = 1
              Me.Dirty = False
              txtMsg = "Welcome! " & Forms!frmWorkshop.[Full_Name] & "."
           End If
           Me.intEN = ""
           cboLookUp = ""
       End If
    End If
    intEN.SetFocus
    rst.Close
End Sub

0
Song

OnChange event
Hi all, I want to let the end users change the color of the top and bottom dark blue (or navy) borders of the Account form using a drop down that lists the colors (red, yellow and blue) .So the OnChange event of the picklist should trigger the change of the top and bottom dark blue colors to which ever color is selected. However I dont know if this can be accomplished. I even dont know if a stylesheet is used for that purpose, which one refers to these areas of the form. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

Printing data forms
I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is there a way? In some event of the form (a button, a click of the form itself, whatever): Me.PrintForm "Curious" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170101c47bf9$f9191420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is > there a way? If you mean the form you get when you do Data=>Form with the form displayed, do Alt+Print Screen. then drop the form and go to a new worksheet and do Edit=>Paste This will put an image of the form on the worksheet and yo...

Add SafePay footer record for date and account number
Union Bank of California has a Positive Pay format that requests a footer record for each day and account number. So if you transmit checks issued on two dates for a single account, the SafePay file would have two footer records--one for each date. Currently, I am only able to create a footer by account, totalling all checks issued for that account (regardless of date), and attributing that total to the Issue Date in the footer record. Union Bank reads the issue date on the footer, and sees that the checks issued on that date do not match the footer total, causing them to consider th...

How to adjust report width
Hi, I am trying to adjust the SOP Short invoice form width. Is it possible to extend the width of this report and how can I do this. Thanks in advance, -- Elaine Typically, the reports are set to read the printer settings for there width. You can change the report to print Landscape. On the Report Definition window, lookm at the Page Orientation section. One note about selecting the printer settings. If all your printers are not setup exactly the same, it could cause the report to print differently depending on which printer you send it to. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "Elaine...

Magnify glass on report preview
Hi, I have a multi page report that I veiw using acPreview. When the report comes up my cursor is a magnify glass instead of the arrow. If I click on the next page arrow the cursor then changes to the arrow. Why? Thanks, ...

Add Invoice Number to Report
I have created a delivery table that contains all of the usual fields , Pickup, Delivery, Billing, NoPeices, Weight... etc. The table is updated with current delivery information daily. At the end of the week I create a report grouped on Billing customer that prints an invoice with all of the unprinted deliveries the customer is paying for... the report works fine. What I need to figure out is how to assign a unique invoice number (autonumber) to the report that will be associated with each Billing customer for that print period. Can I somehow generate a unique number at the time I ...

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...

Amex/Costco account update not working
Wondering if anyone else is having issues update and Amex/Costco account in 2006 version. It was working on 2004 version but has been broken since the upgrade. Andrew, Downloads from Amex/Costco work fine here. Explain what "issues" are you experiencing? Kevin "Andrew" <justme@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:42efdc69_1@newsfeed.slurp.net... > Wondering if anyone else is having issues update and Amex/Costco account > in 2006 version. It was working on 2004 version but has been broken since > the upgrade. > > Kevin, I had problems wi...

hanging on close of Money 2004
When I end what I am doing in Money 2004 and press the X (close) button in the top right corner, it is not completing the backup of the file it automatically makes. I have nearly determined the problem to be StuffIt Deluxe 9.0, and more correctly the new feature built into it, ZipFolders. They do have an option to disable ZipFolders in certain programs. I would like to know what is the name of the program that creates backups in MS Money 2004. If I am able to disable ZipFolders while this program is running, this should solve my problem. Thank you in advance. In microsoft.public...

IE8 uses 95+% of cpu after update to sp3
I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening and IE8 was using up to 99%. My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and it was running a lot faster. Apps load and run faster after sp3 but not IE8. Thanks for any suggestions mx5 wrote: > I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is > running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening > and IE8 was using up to 99%. > > My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and...

FWD: See this corrective update which comes from the Microsoft
--aolkeahgr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wbqnfbpivy"; type="multipart/alternative" --wbqnfbpivy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lzvglunuqmeli" --lzvglunuqmeli Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the se...

Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?
CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server, and CRM 3.0 professional. Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for Small Business Server". Instead, it ships as "professional" and "enterpriese" editions. Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2003? Andy Hi, I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet. As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should be fine. Alex "Andy" wrote: > CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Smal...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

Updating large pivot source data
Hello, I'm experiencing the following problem with a very simple macro in Excel 2007 to update pivot table data source. That is, my data has more than 74000 rows and I'm trying to update the source data with the following code: Sub Macro1() Dim rng1 As Range Set rng1 = Sheets("Test_sheet").Range("A1:A74000") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot-taulukko1").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _ PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=rng1, _ Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12) End Sub The problem is that the code ...

Form opens to blank record
I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button - it keeps opening on a particular record and I want it to open onto a blank record - how do I go about changing this? Thanks C (P.S. only a shakey understanding of code so if answer includes this - go easy on me and explain! Thanks) When you say: " I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button..." you are not talking about the use of Microsoft Office FrontPage, are you? http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-FrontPage-2003-OLD-VERSION/dp/B0000AZJV8 I *thi...

Add phone number to quote report.
Hey guys, My retail staff asked me if it is possible to add the customer phone number to the Quote summary or Quote detailed report. Does anyone know what changes need to be made to the report to make this happen. I know I will have to change the query and add a join statement to get it from the customer record but am unable to figure out how to do it. Any ideas? Thanks, Nevermind, I figured it out myself. Thanks anyway. <nick@realkiteboarding.com> wrote in message news:BhKXd.15130$GO5.11570@fe07.lga... > Hey guys, > > My retail staff asked me if it is possible to a...

Return form and controls to default size
I have a pair of functions that resize a form and all of its controls at the click of a button. These are for one of my visually-impaired users who likes his buttons, boxes, and text to be larger. One button resizes all the controls up by a factor of 1.1, the other resizes them all down. I also want to put in a button to return everything to their default sizes. Could anyone please point me in the right direction to restore the default sizes for all controls, the "Detail", "Header", and "Footer" sections of a form? Thanks in advance. On Mon, 1...

Bank Acct Auto Update without sync to MSN
I would like to have my accts auto update without syncing to the MSN website. I would also like to not use the passport password. When I remove the pasport password and create a local password, I no longer am able to auto update from my bank. Do I have to have the MSN passport and web access to do this? If not, how do I do this? I have Money 2005 Deluxe on an Windows XP Pro system. I am creating a new money file so I can wipe clean and try anything new. thanks!! In microsoft.public.money, fire_317 wrote: >I would like to have my accts auto update without syncing to the MSN we...

report writer #11
does anyone have a pda for report writer? I am at a clients site and need to create some calculated fields on an invoice. Any information on report writer development would be very helpful. Thank you for any assistance. Bill This may sound silly but what is a "pda for report writer"? Did you mean PDF? My Great Plains install has a "Documentation" sub folder containing PDF manuals for many of the installed modules. Report Writer is one of the manuals. Take a look if something similar exists on the install you're working with. "2020" <2020@discussi...

Non-Inventory Item and a Strange Report
Am trying to wade through various reports. We have two non-inventory skus (and departments); "rental" and "ship". Last month's sales report for rental showed our profit at 44.83% for this department (although this percentage is not applicable, I am wondering why it shows up that way.....). The profit for ship is 100%. I am guessing it has something to do with returns on our rentals.......is there a better way to set up a "rental" business in RMS? I would like to see a better analysis of our profit, and there are serial numbers listed with each item rent...

Need to merge multiple records in to one.. Can it be done?
I have a table with thousands of records containing a clients name in one field, a date in a second field and then a note in a third field. A new record is created each time a note was entered for that client. Example: Client A 01/01/01 First Note Client A 01/05/01 Second Note Client A 02/10/01 Third Note Client B 01/01/01 First Note What I need to do is convert this information so each client only has one record and in that record are all of their notes and the dates for those notes. The data is going to be imported in a new program so it must be in the new format. Can someone ...

Content Boxes not appearing on list forms (newform.aspx)
Morning, FYI: I have posted this question on the sharepoint msdn forums and got directed to the SBS newsgroup, I asked this same question there and have been directed to here, i would be very greatfull if someone could please help. I have many workstations (95% now) now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settin...

name change of a form
Hi, I accidently named a form tblFormName instead of frmFormName. I want to change the name from tbl to frm to use the correct naming convention, so there isn't any confusion if the form is opened from the database window. I checked object dependencies and there are no objects that depend on the form, but there are objects on which the form depends. If I rename the form, will it cause any problems with other objects? (In laymen's terms: will it screw anything up if I change the form name?) Thanks. Can't possibly say. It depends on a lot of things. The Autocorrect feature ...

Money 2005 Delux runs too slowly: after many years of upgrading
I have been using Money since 1996. I have upgraded each year, each time upgrading the file. I also archive all trasactions from Jan 1 - Dec 31. This program runs very slowly even without all the extra transactions. I can't figure it out. I download transactions and it takes forever for them to show up in the register. When I accept them, it takes forever for that to take. This was also the case in Money 2004. Are there any reccomendations? Should I start a new file and import the tranactions? HELP In microsoft.public.money, AMW wrote: >I have been using Money since 1996. I...

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...