Record Change Confirmation

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CAB184.C1BB7DD0

Access 2007 sp2
I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to =
have the user
choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the
message box and continue editing:

Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click()

If Me.Dirty Then

    Dim BlnOutcome As Integer
    BlnOutcome =3D MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _
                     & vbCrLf & "Save the Changes?", vbYesNoCancel + =
vbQuestion, "Record Change")
   =20
        Select Case BlnOutcome
   =20
            Case vbCancel
                Me!FieldName.SetFocus
       =20
            Case vbYes
                DoCmd.Close
      =20
            Case vbNo
                Me.Undo
                DoCmd.Close
       =20
        End Select

Else
   =20
    DoCmd.Close
   =20
End If

End Sub

This works ok but I need to figure out what to do if the user hits the =
page-up or
page-down key and moves off the current record.The way it is now if the =
user moves
off the record the record gets saved. I want to be able to choose to =
save or not
but without closing the form when the user goes to another record.
I still want the option to continue to edit the current record even =
though the user
tries to move off the record.

Any help will be appreciated,
James

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CAB184.C1BB7DD0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Access 2007 sp2</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I'm using the following code I found on =
the web, on=20
a Single Form, to have the user<BR>choose to either save the record or =
not save=20
the record or close the<BR>message box and continue =
editing:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><BR>Private Sub =
cmdSaveAndClose_Click()</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If Me.Dirty Then</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Dim BlnOutcome As Integer<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
BlnOutcome =3D MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed."=20
_<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&amp; vbCrLf &amp; "Save the Changes?", vbYesNoCancel + vbQuestion, =
"Record=20
Change")<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Select Case BlnOutcome<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Case=20
vbCancel<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Me!FieldName.SetFocus<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Case=20
vbYes<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
DoCmd.Close<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Case=20
vbNo<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Me.Undo<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
DoCmd.Close<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; End Select</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Else<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
DoCmd.Close<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>End If</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>End Sub</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This works ok but I need to figure out what to do if the user hits =
the=20
page-up or<BR>page-down key and moves off the current record.The way it =
is now=20
if the user moves<BR>off the record the record gets saved. I want to be =
able to=20
choose to save or not<BR>but without closing the form when the user goes =
to=20
another record.<BR>I still want the option to continue to edit the =
current=20
record even though the user<BR>tries to move off the record.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any help will be =
appreciated,<BR>James<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CAB184.C1BB7DD0--

0
JamesJ

Move the validation code into the BeforeUpdate event procedure of your
*form*.

That's the only way to ensure that the validation runs regardless of how the
user saves the record.

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
Access 2007 sp2
I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to have
the user
choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the
message box and continue editing:

Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click()

If Me.Dirty Then

    Dim BlnOutcome As Integer
    BlnOutcome = MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _
[...]

Allen
2/19/2010 10:52:52 PM
I considered that but I now have more dilemmas as I thought I would.
The form closes even though I click 'Cancel.' My wish is to be able to
return to the record for editing if I choose 'Cancel.'  Even when I try to
move
to another record and click 'Cancel' it moves to the next record (if I
pressed PgDn).
I'm using the 'x' to close the form.

James

> Move the validation code into the BeforeUpdate event procedure of your
> *form*.
>
> That's the only way to ensure that the validation runs regardless of how
> the user saves the record.

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> Access 2007 sp2
> I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to have
> the user
> choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the
> message box and continue editing:
>
> Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click()
>
> If Me.Dirty Then
>
>    Dim BlnOutcome As Integer
>    BlnOutcome = MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _
>                     & vbCrLf & "Save the Changes?", vbYesNoCancel +
> vbQuestion, "Record Change")
>
>        Select Case BlnOutcome
>
>            Case vbCancel
>                Me!FieldName.SetFocus
>
>            Case vbYes
>                DoCmd.Close
>
>            Case vbNo
>                Me.Undo
>                DoCmd.Close
>
>        End Select
>
> Else
>
>    DoCmd.Close
>
> End If
>
> End Sub
>
> This works ok but I need to figure out what to do if the user hits the
> page-up or
> page-down key and moves off the current record.The way it is now if the
> user moves
> off the record the record gets saved. I want to be able to choose to save
> or not
> but without closing the form when the user goes to another record.
> I still want the option to continue to edit the current record even though
> the user
> tries to move off the record.
>
> Any help will be appreciated,
> James

0
JamesJ
2/19/2010 11:29:35 PM
Set up the form's BeforeUpdate like this:
    Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
        If MsgBox("Save?", vbOkCancel, "Confirm") <> vbOk Then
            Cancel = True
        End If
    End Sub

Now in your Cancel'n'close button, just use:
    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo
    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name

And in your Save'n'close button:
    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name

Add error handling to the last one. If the save fails (because the user
didn't confirm or something went wrong), control will pass to the error
handler, so the form won't close.

If error handling is new, here's some info:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html

The explicit save is necessary due to this bug in Access:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-01.html

> I considered that but I now have more dilemmas as I thought I would.
> The form closes even though I click 'Cancel.' My wish is to be able to
> return to the record for editing if I choose 'Cancel.'  Even when I try to
> move
> to another record and click 'Cancel' it moves to the next record (if I
> pressed PgDn).
> I'm using the 'x' to close the form.
>
> James
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Move the validation code into the BeforeUpdate event procedure of your
>> *form*.
>>
>> That's the only way to ensure that the validation runs regardless of how
>> the user saves the record.
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> Access 2007 sp2
>> I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to
>> have the user
>> choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the
>> message box and continue editing:
>>
>> Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click()
>>
>> If Me.Dirty Then
>>
>>    Dim BlnOutcome As Integer
>>    BlnOutcome = MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _
>>                     & vbCrLf & "Save the Changes?", vbYesNoCancel +
>> vbQuestion, "Record Change")
>>
>>        Select Case BlnOutcome
>>
>>            Case vbCancel
>>                Me!FieldName.SetFocus
>>
>>            Case vbYes
>>                DoCmd.Close
>>
>>            Case vbNo
>>                Me.Undo
>>                DoCmd.Close
>>
>>        End Select
>>
>> Else
>>
>>    DoCmd.Close
>>
>> End If
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> This works ok but I need to figure out what to do if the user hits the
>> page-up or
>> page-down key and moves off the current record.The way it is now if the
>> user moves
>> off the record the record gets saved. I want to be able to choose to save
>> or not
>> but without closing the form when the user goes to another record.
>> I still want the option to continue to edit the current record even
>> though the user
>> tries to move off the record.
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated,
>> James

0
Allen
2/20/2010 4:01:07 AM
I believe you've got it!
I did change a couple things
In the Cancel button I don't want the form to close and I didn't want the
undo
and set the focus to the first field in the form.
And the Before Update works great.

I did discover another, though.
I can also disable the pgup and pgdn keys if the record gets dirty
preventing
the user form moving off the record.

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
  ' The Keycode value represents the key that
    ' triggered the event.
    Select Case KeyCode
           ' Check for the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys.
        Case 33, 34

        ' Cancel the keystroke.
        KeyCode = 0
    End Select
End Sub
And the setting the Key Preview to if the record gets dirty in the On Dirty.

Error handling, what's that??
Yes I know I haven't any at all and I will be implementing it here soon.
In fact I have a book with the bookmark at the error handling chapter.

Thanks much,
James

> [...]
>>>                Me!FieldName.SetFocus
>>>
>>>            Case vbYes
>>>                DoCmd.Close
>>>
>>>            Case vbNo
>>>                Me.Undo
>>>                DoCmd.Close
>>>
>>>        End Select
>>>
>>> Else
>>>
>>>    DoCmd.Close
>>>
>>> End If
>>>
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> This works ok but I need to figure out what to do if the user hits the
>>> page-up or
>>> page-down key and moves off the current record.The way it is now if the
>>> user moves
>>> off the record the record gets saved. I want to be able to choose to
>>> save or not
>>> but without closing the form when the user goes to another record.
>>> I still want the option to continue to edit the current record even

0
JamesJ
2/20/2010 12:00:25 PM
Problem now is the Before Update fires even when I click the SaveAndClose
button
and before the form closes.
Which is normal but not desirable.

James

>I believe you've got it!
> I did change a couple things
> In the Cancel button I don't want the form to close and I didn't want the
> undo
> and set the focus to the first field in the form.
> And the Before Update works great.
>
> I did discover another, though.
> I can also disable the pgup and pgdn keys if the record gets dirty
> preventing
> the user form moving off the record.
>
> Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>  ' The Keycode value represents the key that
>    ' triggered the event.
>    Select Case KeyCode
>           ' Check for the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys.
>        Case 33, 34
>
>        ' Cancel the keystroke.
>        KeyCode = 0
>    End Select
> End Sub
> And the setting the Key Preview to if the record gets dirty in the On
> Dirty.
>
> Error handling, what's that??
> Yes I know I haven't any at all and I will be implementing it here soon.
> In fact I have a book with the bookmark at the error handling chapter.
>
> Thanks much,
> James
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Set up the form's BeforeUpdate like this:
>>    Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>>        If MsgBox("Save?", vbOkCancel, "Confirm") <> vbOk Then
>>            Cancel = True
>>        End If
>>    End Sub
>>
>> Now in your Cancel'n'close button, just use:
>>    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo
>>    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>>
>> And in your Save'n'close button:
>>    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
>>    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>>
>> Add error handling to the last one. If the save fails (because the user
>> didn't confirm or something went wrong), control will pass to the error
>> handler, so the form won't close.
>>
>> If error handling is new, here's some info:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html
>>
>> The explicit save is necessary due to this bug in Access:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-01.html
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>

>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> I considered that but I now have more dilemmas as I thought I would.
>>> The form closes even though I click 'Cancel.' My wish is to be able to
>>> return to the record for editing if I choose 'Cancel.'  Even when I try
>>> to move
>>> to another record and click 'Cancel' it moves to the next record (if I
>>> pressed PgDn).
>>> I'm using the 'x' to close the form.
>>>
>>> James
>>>
>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message

0
JamesJ
2/20/2010 1:42:14 PM
Yes, you can take special action to trap PgUp and PgDown, but there are so
many ways that trigger a record save that it's no possible to trap them all.

Examples:
- apply a filter
- change the sort order
- press Shift+Enter
- click Save on the ribbon (or Records menu)
- requery the form
- assign a different RecordSource
- tab past the last entry, or shift+tab backwards past the first
- close the form
- close Access
- Alt+F4
and so on.

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> I believe you've got it!
> I did change a couple things
> In the Cancel button I don't want the form to close and I didn't want the
> undo
> and set the focus to the first field in the form.
> And the Before Update works great.
>
> I did discover another, though.
> I can also disable the pgup and pgdn keys if the record gets dirty
> preventing
> the user form moving off the record.
>
> Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>  ' The Keycode value represents the key that
>    ' triggered the event.
>    Select Case KeyCode
>           ' Check for the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys.
>        Case 33, 34
>
>        ' Cancel the keystroke.
>        KeyCode = 0
>    End Select
> End Sub
> And the setting the Key Preview to if the record gets dirty in the On
> Dirty.
>
> Error handling, what's that??
> Yes I know I haven't any at all and I will be implementing it here soon.
> In fact I have a book with the bookmark at the error handling chapter.
>
> Thanks much,
> James
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Set up the form's BeforeUpdate like this:
>>    Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>>        If MsgBox("Save?", vbOkCancel, "Confirm") <> vbOk Then
>>            Cancel = True
>>        End If
>>    End Sub
>>
>> Now in your Cancel'n'close button, just use:
>>    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo
>>    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>>
>> And in your Save'n'close button:
>>    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
>>    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>>
>> Add error handling to the last one. If the save fails (because the user
>> didn't confirm or something went wrong), control will pass to the error
>> handler, so the form won't close.
>>
>> If error handling is new, here's some info:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html
>>
>> The explicit save is necessary due to this bug in Access:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-01.html
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>

>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> I considered that but I now have more dilemmas as I thought I would.
>>> The form closes even though I click 'Cancel.' My wish is to be able to
>>> return to the record for editing if I choose 'Cancel.'  Even when I try
>>> to move
>>> to another record and click 'Cancel' it moves to the next record (if I
>>> pressed PgDn).
>>> I'm using the 'x' to close the form.
>>>
>>> James
>>>
>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message

0
Allen
2/20/2010 2:11:04 PM
You *don't* always want to query the user about whether to save? You're
quite happy to silently save in any case except if they click your command
button?

In that case, I've not understood what you want. Move the code back into the
button's Click event if you only want the confirmation when they click that
button.

> Problem now is the Before Update fires even when I click the SaveAndClose
> button
> and before the form closes.
> Which is normal but not desirable.
>
> James
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>I believe you've got it!
>> I did change a couple things
>> In the Cancel button I don't want the form to close and I didn't want the
>> undo
>> and set the focus to the first field in the form.
>> And the Before Update works great.
>>
>> I did discover another, though.
>> I can also disable the pgup and pgdn keys if the record gets dirty
>> preventing
>> the user form moving off the record.
>>
>> Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>>  ' The Keycode value represents the key that
>>    ' triggered the event.
>>    Select Case KeyCode
>>           ' Check for the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys.
>>        Case 33, 34
>>
>>        ' Cancel the keystroke.
>>        KeyCode = 0
>>    End Select
>> End Sub
>> And the setting the Key Preview to if the record gets dirty in the On
>> Dirty.
>>
>> Error handling, what's that??
>> Yes I know I haven't any at all and I will be implementing it here soon.
>> In fact I have a book with the bookmark at the error handling chapter.
>>
>> Thanks much,
>> James
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>>> Set up the form's BeforeUpdate like this:
>>>    Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>>>        If MsgBox("Save?", vbOkCancel, "Confirm") <> vbOk Then
>>>            Cancel = True
>>>        End If
>>>    End Sub
>>>
>>> Now in your Cancel'n'close button, just use:
>>>    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Undo
>>>    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>>>
>>> And in your Save'n'close button:
>>>    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
>>>    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
>>>
>>> Add error handling to the last one. If the save fails (because the user
>>> didn't confirm or something went wrong), control will pass to the error
>>> handler, so the form won't close.
>>>
>>> If error handling is new, here's some info:
>>>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html
>>>
>>> The explicit save is necessary due to this bug in Access:
>>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-01.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>>

>>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message

0
Allen
2/20/2010 2:12:28 PM
Didn't realize so many things can save a record.
One of the main things I wanted to happen is to be able to stay on the
record
and continue to edit it whether I inadvertently try to move off the record
or
close the form and decide I didn't make all the changes I wanted.
I believe trapping the pgup and pgdn is working out ok for my needs.

Thanks much,
James

> You *don't* always want to query the user about whether to save? You're
> quite happy to silently save in any case except if they click your command
> button?
>
> In that case, I've not understood what you want. Move the code back into
> the button's Click event if you only want the confirmation when they click
> that button.

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> Problem now is the Before Update fires even when I click the SaveAndClose
>> button
>> and before the form closes.
>> Which is normal but not desirable.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>>I believe you've got it!
>>> I did change a couple things
>>> In the Cancel button I don't want the form to close and I didn't want
>>> the undo
>>> and set the focus to the first field in the form.
>>> And the Before Update works great.
>>>
>>> I did discover another, though.
>>> I can also disable the pgup and pgdn keys if the record gets dirty
>>> preventing
>>> the user form moving off the record.
>>>
>>> Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>>>  ' The Keycode value represents the key that
>>>    ' triggered the event.
>>>    Select Case KeyCode
>>>           ' Check for the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys.
>>>        Case 33, 34
>>>
>>>        ' Cancel the keystroke.
>>>        KeyCode = 0
>>>    End Select
>>> End Sub
>>> And the setting the Key Preview to if the record gets dirty in the On
>>> Dirty.
>>>
>>> Error handling, what's that??
>>> Yes I know I haven't any at all and I will be implementing it here soon.
>>> In fact I have a book with the bookmark at the error handling chapter.
>>>
>>> Thanks much,
>>> James
>>>
>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message

0
JamesJ

How do I change an AutoShapes Callout line gap ?
The standard format of an AutoShapes Callout has a gap between the text box border and the line. This line gap can be increased or decreased. I prefer a line gap of 0, and have done it once before but cannot remember how. Has anyone else figured out how to do this? Thanks. ...

Err message when change unrestricted access to restrict permissio
Error message will pop up when I change message permission setting from unrestricted access to restrict permission. Which would be...? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ken" <ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80BAF88-6413-484A-8E3B-9C94B5903628@microsoft.com... > Error message will pop up when I change message permission setting from &...

Rapid change between companies
Changing companies is very slow in 9.0. Request either significantly improved switching time or ability to not consume user license when running multiple instances from same Terminal Server session or same workstation. The latter model allows user to Alt-Tab between companies which switches companies very quickly. It is the same user working in only company at a time but being logged into multiple companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&quo...

Preventing changes on inventory cards
I need some help in security - I would like to prevent others from changing the information in the inventory cards but still allow them to see all the information. Where do I go on advanced security to do this? Thanks You need to deny access to the cards and grant access to the inquiries. That's the easiest way to let people view data and not let them touch it. "Gloria" wrote: > I need some help in security - I would like to prevent others from changing > the information in the inventory cards but still allow them to see all the > information. > > Whe...

External reference changing the link
Hi, I have a worksheet full of external references to other worksheets on network drives. I have recently updated to excel 2003 and now when I open the workbook, the links point to somewhere on my harddrive (c-drive). How do I get the sheet to point to the network?.. I still have access to the files on the network. The consequence is that I cant work in the files, because if I save them, I completely mess up the links for everybody else. I hope somebody can help me here. Thx. Lars -- 50pingviner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 50pingviner...

Changing Colour of Bar depending on Value
Hi there, I am trying to put together an attendence register for some students, th calculations are sorted, but what I want to do is create a bar graph showing total percentage attendance but having the bar change dependin on the value. e.g. if attendance is 100% a Green Bar, if say 80% Amber and if 60% Red. Is this possible? Cheers Here's a conditional charting approach that uses separate series for each format: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions...

Macro execution changes filename reference for all macros
Long ago (10 or more years) I created a mailing list application, using Excel 97 originally, with updates along the way using Excel 2000 and 2003. The application has been running with Excel 2007 for 18 months without a problem. Everything has worked smoothly until about two weeks ago. The user clicks on any of a number of control button on a worksheet to call a series of routines. In the troublesome routine a list is sorted and filtered. The filtered list is copied to a new sheet. The sheet is renamed. The sheet is then moved to a new book. The problem occurs when the...

Desktop icons changing with IE7
I seem to have messed up my computer. I've just now installed IE7 and ran into the problem of my self-made desktop icons for websites being replaced by the general IE symbol. I read some old posts and think I've learned how to fix that, but in the meantime I took one suggestion of resetting my desktop appearance special effects to NOT use large icons and then resetting it again to USE large icons. That was a mistake. Now I can't seem to change the desktop icons which refer to websites on the web: I select the one I want from my special icon folder and click OK and then a...

Changing bar graph legend?
I am a teacher trying to teach students how to graph rivers in differen continents and their length. I can get the rivers and length graph, bu I want the legend to show only the continents (e.g. I have 2 rivers i Europe and want them both the same colour and the legend to say Europ for that colour). The only way I seem to be able to include th continents in this way is for the legend to say both the continent an the river name, which is a bit redundant since the river name i already on the x-axis. Is there any way of putting information only i the legend? I hope this description is clear enoug...

Change how Outlook shows attachments?
Can anyone explain how Outlook decides to show attachments? Ordinary Word or Excel files. Sometimes the attachment is inline with the message, actually showing the file icon (ex: word.doc) in the body of the email. Other times it will show in the message header, with a paper clip icon. Now, a user complains, nothing shows at all! The attachmant is there, and by going to File|Save Attachment I can get to it. How to control this? Thanks for any insight or leads! Nat Check the format of the emails. Rich text will show attachments in the body, HTML or plain text should show it either at t...

Data Files
How do I change the save location of my money file from the default location to a location of my choice (an external usb drive) In money: Tools button Options... Back-up tab Save in: box Make changes as desired. Or use Browse button >-----Original Message----- >How do I change the save location of my money file from >the default location to a location of my choice (an >external usb drive) >. > Thanks. I will give this a try. >-----Original Message----- >In money: >Tools button >Options... >Back-up tab >Save in: box >Make changes as desired. &...

Change default sent to program from Windows live mail to OE
Hi When a right click on any file while viewing in Explorer and choose Sent to > Mail recipient, the default email program that opens is Live Mail, but i want Outlook Express. This is even after after changing my default mail handler to Outlook Express. Is there a way to correct this ? Thanks ! Daniel I forgot to mention I use XP ans Outlook express 6 "Daniel as twiggy144" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u4YRNj$qKHA.4236@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > When a right click on any file while viewing in Explorer and choose Sent ...

Changing Default Contact for Activities
Currently when we create a new Activity (e.g. Phone Call, Letter, E-mail, etc.) for an Account, the default Recipient is the actual account name. Is there a way to change it so the default is the Primary Contact? Thanks yes, you can achieve this through Callout programming. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "circulent" wrote: > Currently when we create a new Activity (e.g. Phone Call, Letter, E-mail, > etc.) for an Account, the default Recipient is the ...

How to delete all duplicate records
If I have a list of records, I know I can get rid of duplicate records using an advanced filter - unique records only. But what if I want any record that is duplicated to be deleted entirely from the list? For example, if I have a list of: 1 2 2 3 How can I get only 1 and 3 to be left? Thanks. Hi, Note this will delete BOTH duplicates. In a helper column enter this formula and drag down to the length of your data column =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$12,A1) Select both columns and sort on the helper column. Select all rows greater than 1 and delete Mike "Aviva B&qu...

change cost rates table
How can i change the cost rate table of resource in project professional 2007 Open the resource in the Resource Pool with MS Project. Doubleclick on the resource. Select the Costs tab. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > How can i change the cost rate table of resource in project > professional 2007 > ...

<<next record>> in publisher -- how can I use this
I am creating a program that lists the names of particpants and would like to use my mail merge to insert the names insteading of typing each one. How can I use <<next record>> so that I can put multiple names on the same page? Use a label setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Josie" <Josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBCD5B6D-C758-449B-BC82-0403DD3FB78F@microsoft.com... >I am creating a program that lists the names of particpants and would like to > use my mai...

Changing Of Column Values ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and Windows7 This sure seems "funny," and was hoping someone might explain it for me: In B1 I have the value 154.22 In B2 I have the value 33.74 In E1 I have 154000000 In E2 I have 33740000 I copy from Column E, and do a Paste Special in Column B Column B looks correct, as it has in: B1 the value 154220000 B2 the value 33740000 But- E1 has changed to 1.5422E+14 E2 has changed to 3.374E+13 In the Paste Special dialog box that came up I selected for Paste: Values, and Operation: None As the values in B look correct, I'...

Auto Price change
I have a prospect who wants to have his POS system to automatically change his item prices according daily fluctuations in the Native currency he is receiving payment in from his Customers compared to the Foreign currencies he purchases them in (simply by changing the Exchange rates in the system, not by any Receiving voucher or manual Cost adjustment). Add to this, he would like it to reflect the different currency values per item according to the default currency assigned to the vendor the items came from. -- Mike Haugen Retail Technology Experts (RTE) This is a development that we w...

Change default location of pop up message box
I want to attach a message to the cell that pops up when the cursor is positioned over the cell. I have created the message and when I hold the cursor over the cell the message displays correctly. However, the problem is that because I have "frozen" rolls and columns (to keep the columns descriptions in view when scrolling through the worksheet) that the "frozen" lines show up in the message box. QUESTION: Is there anyway to move the location of the message box when you hold the cursor over it. I already know how to move the location of the message box when you...

Recording house sale
I have an asset account with a house I just sold. I cannot figure out how to record the sale. thanks In microsoft.public.money, JIM wrote: >I have an asset account with a house I just sold. I cannot figure out how to >record the sale. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q110 ...

Changing the page setup for printing
Hi there Currently, when my report prints, it is in landscape. How can I change it so that it prints portrait and is reduced 75%? Is it possible to set this up in a macro? Thank you Open your report in design mode and then setup your layout and properties and you want them to be. In your case goto Page Setup and change the page orientation to portrait. Then set your page content to fit within the page boudaries. Save your changes and then this is the way they will be from now on. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access ...

Can the Date Format be Changed
Is there a way to change the date format in MS Money 2004? Regards, Kevin Quite easily, just change the date format in Control Panel and Money should use it/. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Kevin" <Lundquisk001@hawaii.rr.com> wrot...

How do I change my text direction to vertical on EXcell?
How do I change my text direction to vertical on EXcell? <Format> <Cells> <Alignment> tab, Under "Orientation", drag the Text indicator to either +90� or -90�. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "bibi" <bibi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F710989-54DA-4666-9FEC-186ECAE52734@microsoft.com... > How do I change my text direction to vertical on EXcell? You can also type "Alt-Enter&qu...

Case statement vs Change/lookup table
Hello All Gurus, This is a problem that I have encountered and was wondering what would be a better approach to the solution I have a view that is pulling data from a table which is fed from an external application. Some of the data due to external situations is wrong/spelled wrong, in the past when this happened I updated another view with a complex set of case statements. This is fast and stable, however, it is for only three instances as they are the only mistakes and they happen always, aka the data is always spelled wrong for these three instances. Now there is a situation wher...

How do I change currency exchange rates?
I have US stock held in a Cdn investment portfolio. (I also have US stock in a US portfolio). Money 2006 uses the same exchage rate all the time when I look at the portfolio manager. How do I adjust the exchange rate for each day, at month end. It would be great to be able to balance my statements. -- Thanks, Jen Money uses the most recently downloaded rate for all conversions it shows at one time. You can enter the rate--but it's still only one rate, not a daily series of them. To change exchange rates, go to Tools | Settings | Programs settings | Update currencies. "JennyL...