Radio button to open recordset

Hello all,

I have a form with a subform which is read only.  On the subform I have a
list of all my records with radio buttons next to them.  I would like the
user to be able to select the radio button next to a record and select a
button to view the full record in a new form so they can edit it.  How can
this be achieved?  I think this is some how going to have to involve
recordsets, which I'm not very proficient at.  Thanks for any thoughts you
can give on this.

Joker

This doesn't involve recordsets.  It is just a matter of opening a form with
a Where Argument.  Rather than a radio button, you can use the Double Click
event of a control on the subform.  I usually use the primary field, the one
the user would be looking for.  Here is an example from one of my apps:

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    stDocName = "frmContract"
    stLinkCriteria = "[ContractID]=" & Me![ContractID]
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Joker via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a form with a subform which is read only.  On the subform I have a
> list of all my records with radio buttons next to them.  I would like the
> user to be able to select the radio button next to a record and select a
> button to view the full record in a new form so they can edit it.  How can
> this be achieved?  I think this is some how going to have to involve
> recordsets, which I'm not very proficient at.  Thanks for any thoughts you
> can give on this.

Thank you very much for the response!  It's GREATLY appreciated.  I set up
the code as you said and it's now throwing me a 2501 OpenForm action was
cancelled error.  I've read about what this error is and it's causes but I'm
not sure why I'm getting it.  stDocName equals the correct form.
stLinkCriteria is as follows:
stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]=1111111111" which is the loan I want to open.
This is from hovering the mouse over the code in debug mode.  Thank you again
for your assistance.

Joker
12/19/2007 9:13:13 PM
Is LoanNum a text field or a numeric field?

--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Joker via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Thank you very much for the response!  It's GREATLY appreciated.  I set up
> the code as you said and it's now throwing me a 2501 OpenForm action was
> cancelled error.  I've read about what this error is and it's causes but I'm
> not sure why I'm getting it.  stDocName equals the correct form.
> stLinkCriteria is as follows:
> stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]=1111111111" which is the loan I want to open.
> This is from hovering the mouse over the code in debug mode.  Thank you again
> for your assistance.

Text (10 chr long) but it contains only number values.  I need to keep this
as a text field though.

Joker
12/19/2007 9:47:44 PM
Ok, the line in your code:
stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]=1111111111"
would be correct for a numeric field.  Since LoanNum is a text field, it
should be:
stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum] = '1111111111'"
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Joker via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Text (10 chr long) but it contains only number values.  I need to keep this
> as a text field though.

this is the line in my code:
stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]=" & Me![LoanNum]

the result in debug mode is what you're referring to.  I tried adding a ' in
a few places in there and it's throwing different errors depending on where I
place it but none of which seems to run.  How can I apply that to the line
above?

Klatuu wrote:
>Ok, the line in your code:
>stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]=1111111111"
>would be correct for a numeric field.  Since LoanNum is a text field, it
>should be:
>stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum] = '1111111111'"
>> Text (10 chr long) but it contains only number values.  I need to keep this
>> as a text field though.

Joker
12/19/2007 10:18:25 PM
stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]='" & Me![LoanNum] & "'"
Puts the delimiters around it.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Joker via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> this is the line in my code:
> stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]=" & Me![LoanNum]
>
> the result in debug mode is what you're referring to.  I tried adding a ' in
> a few places in there and it's throwing different errors depending on where I
> place it but none of which seems to run.  How can I apply that to the line
> above?
>

> Klatuu wrote:
> >Ok, the line in your code:
> >stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]=1111111111"
> >would be correct for a numeric field.  Since LoanNum is a text field, it
> >should be:
> >stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum] = '1111111111'"
> >> Text (10 chr long) but it contains only number values.  I need to keep this
> >> as a text field though.

PERFECT!!!  Thank you so much!!

Klatuu wrote:
>stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]='" & Me![LoanNum] & "'"
>Puts the delimiters around it.
>> this is the line in my code:
>> stLinkCriteria = "[LoanNum]=" & Me![LoanNum]
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

Joker

Opening Screen in 2007
Using Office 2007 When one of my users open Publisher, she sees a "Getting Started With Publisher" screen when she must choose "blank page size" and then navigate through all the blank page sizes that are available to find the standard 8 1/2 by 11. This happens every time she launches Publisher. Another user opens Publisher and immediately has a blank page that is 8 1/2 by 11 and is ready for typing. I have looked under Tools / Customize and Tools / Options to find the place to uncheck the getting started screen as the opening screen. Cannot find what I'm loo...

New Workbook When Opening Excel
Hi, Somehow I've lost my "new" workbook when I open excel. It opens with grey in the workbook space and Getting Started on the right. I'd like it to open with a new workbook ready to go, no Getting Started, but can't figure out how. Thanks. Marti Check to see if you have a workbook in your XLStart folder. If you do, move it (or delete it??) Marti wrote: > > Hi, > > Somehow I've lost my "new" workbook when I open excel. It opens with > grey in the workbook space and Getting Started on the right. I'd like > it to open with a n...

Opening/linking .xlsx files
I have had trouble linking new .xlsx files to my existing .xls files. Excel would shut down. So I started saving all my files in the old .xls format. I recently created a new file using .xlsx, but when I try to reopen it, Excel shuts down. Any suggestions??? -- Jim Are you able to open Excel 2007? Try to create a new file and reopen it. If this does not work then try... Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start->Run-> excel.exe /unregserver ->OK. 2) Start->Run-> excel.exe /regserver ->OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to design...

Long delay in opening New Message windows
My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or more just to open a create new message window. How do I fix this? Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58C3591-9431-4BDF-8D32-9ACE1E12D41E@microsoft.com... > My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or > more just to open a create ne...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr´┐Ż Labuschagn´┐Ż" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Opening E-mail with excel attachment
I cannot open excel files people send me through e-mail it asks to check if path and filename are correct and that I have all the libraries required, i have excel97...can someboby please help m Try this first In Microsoft Excel 97, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the Ignore Other Applications checkbox, and click OK. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B135A4B-65A9-47FB-BDA1-A884C31BAC55@microsoft.com... > I cannot open excel files peo...

How do I insert a radio button into a spreadsheet?
Use menu.. -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37768 http://www.functionx.com/excel/articles/radiobuttons.htm This should help you. ...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

XLSX Files Will Not Open
Using Windows 7 / Excel 2007. I can open old xls files using Excel 2007 but can not open any xlsx files. When I select an xlsx file to open, a new blank worksheet opens instead of the selected file. The "ignore other applications" box is unchecked as recommended in other posts and I have re-installed Office. Neither solved the problem. Please help. Kind regards, -- Windog ...

Open Close workbooks
HI I have a workbook that user's use to input changed data each day into severval different worksheets, once data is entered they have to save it as filename(date) what I need is a macro that will close the saved workbook and re-open the original. eg saved worksheet is tallysheet28-8-05 original workbook tallysheet Hi bbc1 Look in the VBA for SaveCopyAs Your origenal workbook stay open and a copy will be saved with the name you want Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook wb.SaveCopyAs "C:\" & wb.Name & " " & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss"...

Excel97--Each workbook opens new application
Excel 97: Each xls file opens a separate copy of Excel. How do I get multiple workbooks to open in one application? Jim Tools>Options>General. Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:27:39 -0800, "JimL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel 97: Each xls file opens a separate copy of Excel. >How do I get multiple workbooks to open in one application? ...

why Can't i open a .eml attachment
I think that EML files need either Outlook Express or Windows Mail to open. Normally those are installed on a system. If you save the file to your hard drive can you double-click on it to open it? "steved25" <steved25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9CC357B-D502-4776-AAB7-6EE325F59758@microsoft.com... > what happens when you try? do you have google desktop search installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

attachment greyed out and can't open
In Outlook, when I receive an email with an attachment, the attachment is greyed out and it says that OE has blocked the attachment. Is there a security checkbox or something that can be reset so I can receive my attachments? open outlook express and select tools | options | security tab. uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Paula" <paula@wsadvantage.com> wrote in message news:0c6901c36bcc$98b7ab20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook, when I receive an email with an attachment, > the attachment is greyed out and it says that OE has > blocke...

Workbook with macros hangs up when opening, only with certain user
Chip Pearson has some notes about startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Ron516 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Trying to get a type of video file format to open and run on my we
I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003. Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject. Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the video plays automatically. -- Simon Holloway Save as a .wmv and insert a suitable player into the page. For IE only, Insert->Web Component->Advanced Controls->ActiveX Control Click Next Choose Window...

can not open lib file
hi, if a try to compile a porgramm i get always the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "TranslationController.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden --> can not open the lib ....waht do i hier wrong please....??? thnaks You need to locate the .lib file, and make sure msdev is looking for it in the right place by looking in Tools->Options + Directories tab. Jase "Marc" <rote_granit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013901c3c807$5a8f8fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > if a try to compile a porgramm i get always > the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104:...

Recordset Help Needed
I have the below code that works some of the times, but not all. Here is my issue. If there is no records in the table it works the first time. Then when I go to add another record it says "No Current Record". If I close the form and then re-open it, it work. I thought by adding the Set rs = Nothing it may help. It did seem to do anything. Private Sub TRAN_TYPE_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim rs1 As DAO.Recordset 'Save any edits If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False End If 'Check there is an order in the form. If...

Outlook 2002: most voting button responses on email not shown on 'Tracking'
We run Exchange 2003, and one woman (using Outlook 2002) sent an invitation with yes \ no buttons out to the whole company. Over 200 hundred responses were received and she has stored them all in a sub folder, however when she opens the original message and goes to the tracking tab, only around a quarter are listed there. She needs the replies in here, so they can be easily exported into a spreadsheet. Why could message tracking have missed so many of the responses? Cronos THe most likely cause is because she moved them. The responses needed to = stay in the Inbox long enough for Outlook...

Can't open folders
Hi all, Whenever I try to open Outlook I get this error. "Unable to open your default email folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and receive mail could not be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder, double-click the mail icon in control panel". And when I go thru the control panel icon it just tells me the file has been deleted. I first tried to repair Outlook with the CD, which didn't work. Then I tried to un-install and re-install, still no good. Is there anything I can do. Please help. TIA! Dan Version of Outlook? Does it star...

How do I recover a saved file that will not open in Publisher 2003
While working on a saved copy of a newsletter in Publisher 2003 a message came up asking what I wanted to do about: "Microsoft was trying to invade to give a message". The message was from Norton Internet Security ,hich stated to I should create a firewall (recommended) so that's what I pushed. Then Publisher closed down and asked if I wanted to send an error report. After Publisher closed, I can open up Publisher and any other document but not the file I was working on. Each time I try to open the file it automatically shuts down and asks if I want to send or not send a...

Error at Startup (Unable to open dictionaries)
I've just installed GP 8.0 on a new OS running WinXP. I've copied all of the files from the previous workstation (Win2k) to the new. I've also set up an ODBC connection for the client. After doing these two things I can finaly open GP & get the login screen correctly. However, not before getting 3 error messages. 1. Unable to open dictionary :C:PROGRA~1/MICROS-4/GREATP~1/CFM.DIC. 2. Same error different file /CFMFORM.DIC 3. Same error different file /CFMRPTS.DIC The files are listed in the GP directory. Not sure what I've done incorrectly as this is my first time i...