query vs forms - 23502

A query looks very similar to a form in datasheet view.
Is it possible to call a form from a query if you click on a certain
field  - or is this only possible using a form.
Is is possible to check if a one of two checkboxes has been ticked
(say male or female) in a record just by entering the data in a query
using some sort of table validation - I know that you can do some
limited required field validation.
Just wanted to know if this was at all possible because at the moment
I am doing all data entry through select queries and it seems to be
working Ok, but need to know whether its really necessary to switch to
forms (would rather not).

0
deekay

A bug in GUI of creating query with more outer joins between two tables
Hello, in GUI of Access 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6521.5000) is generally very simple to make a select query between two tables joined with two or more outer joins (of the same kind normally). But you should be careful. If you build first join clicking on a field of the first table, drag then the connection to the field of the second table and choose the right outer join, then you have to make the next outer join between the same two tables on the same way. If you begin but with the second table first and although you choose the same type of outer join (the arrow...

Upload Form From MS word 2000
If there is anyone ot there that can help me out with this issue, I would be eternally greatful. I have created a form in ms word and I need this form added to my Website. There's only one problem. . . . I haven't the darndest idea as how to upload the stinking form!!!!!! In Desperate Times, Karl D. Ross Address this question to a word newsgroup or a html ng, not to the Microsoft CRM ng. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Karl D. Ross" <diamondross1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1fc301c352fc$9...

Pls recommend a replacement for Microsoft Query
Hello: could anyone recommend a third-party solution to query sql server database from Excel, a replacement for the stinking Microsoft Query? thanks, Vadim Rapp Vadim I don't have a suggestion, but is there anything specific you can't do with the sql/msquery combo? I've not used sql, but regularly use Client access with AS400 and Access. Mostly flawlessly. I tend however to write the query in the server tool, rather than try and query in MSQuery -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vadim Rapp"...

MS Query convert text to #
I am querying a data base that is returning a number as text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actual number in the query, before it is returned to excel??? Thanks to everyone that replies. In Microsoft Query, you can create a calculated field. For example, if the field name is ItemCode: Click in a blank column heading Type an expression to convert the text to a number, e.g.: ItemCode+0 or CLng(ItemCode) Return the data to Excel Shane wrote: > I am querying a data base that is returning a number as > text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actua...

How do I auto sum on a form in publisher
I am trying to create a form that would auto sum columns like Excel. I can't figure it out! About the only way is to insert the Excel form as an Object. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD9B3D05-A0C5-4095-AB55-BC627D57DB50@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a form that would auto sum columns like Excel. I can't > figure it out! ...

"change order form"
Does anyone have a change order template that I can review? ...

MM2006 Deluxe vs MP Deluxe
This post is a question to those who were running Money 2006 Deluxe and have upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe... 1) If you had to do it again, would you still upgrade? 2) What advice/warning would you give to a fellow MM user who will upgrade? 3) Is there any significant feature you lost or is broken after the upgrade? Thanks, Mike ...

Query to show empty cells
I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to show an empty cell? Try out the query with IsNull as criterion. -- ********* http://panjas.org If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? If the post answers your question, click Yes next to Did this post answer the question? "xololady" wrote: > I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the > addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to sh...

Criteria to return all records if selection from form is null
Hi, I'm trying to pass multiple query criteria from form controls. I'm using the following type of syntax for the criteria: Like Nz([Forms]![ViewEdit Completed Procedures]![SelectOBy],"*") And this works fine for the fields where there are no Nulls in the data, but if there are Nulls in this field I don't get those records. Quite understandable since Like "*" doesn't return Nulls. What I'm trying to do is to return all records when there is nothing chosen in the selection box on the form. I've tried a bunch of different IIfs wi...

Organization Forms #2
Unable to see the "Organization Forms" library in Outlook 2003. Anybody experience this ? I've created the folder below "EForms Registry" in ESM, checked permissions but the library does not show up. Enviroment: Exchange 2003, SP1,4-Node cluster, 3 Virtual Servers, Public Folder tree on 1 Virtual Server. Any help would be appreciated ! -Mike ...

Refreshing query data via vba button
I have a wookbook which has 5 worksheets that contains sql query's that are bulling data from an access 2003 db, instead of me right clicking on each worksheet to refresh the data, is there any vba code that i can import that will enable the user to refresh the worksheet via a single button, been racking my brain, could someone help me please.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- RzaXL ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll MIke F "rzaxl" <rzaxl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A2F6E4B-5A45-4AA2-8F4E-CEA3AFE0C1F5@microsoft.com... >I have a wookbook which...

IEnumerable vs IEnumerator
Why do we need to implment both IEnumerable and IEnumerator inorder to make custom collection that can use foreach? In what way these two are related or why do we need these interfaces instead of one? Thank you Regards Raj Raj wrote: > Why do we need to implment both IEnumerable and IEnumerator inorder to make > custom collection that can use foreach? You have to implement IEnumerable, because that's what the "foreach" statement takes. You have to implement IEnumerator, because otherwise what would your IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() implementation...

Export from a form
I know there are several ways to programatically export, like docmd.transferspreadsheet, but I want to export data from a form. I however do not want the file button available to my users. I thought this might work DoCmd.DoMenuItem , acfilemenu, acExport, , acMenuVer70 but it did not. Basically all I want to do is have a command button act like what happens when you click file, export. I want the user to click the button, and then select the location and the format to export to. Am I on the correct track with the DoMenuItem? Nevermind, I figured it out. I guess it helps to keep rea...

Force rounding up in form
I have a calculation that converts markup to margin in a form. Basically, when a user types in a value in one text box, the result in another text box will be the corresponding margin. The calculation is encoded in the vba of the form. My problem is that some of the numbers are not rounding up properly. For instance, a markup of 8.75 should convert to 8.1, but instead showing as 8.0, the raw data is actually 8.04597759246826. I would think using a text box format of 0.0 should round it up, but it's not working. I need it to display 8.1 at both the form and table levels for auditing p...

Query to extract count on weekly basis for year
Hi, I have a database that includes all accidents drivers have on a date basis. In the table I have a field for types of accidents, eg pass injury, object thrown etc. I wish to run a query to extract the counts of different types of accidents based on a weekly basis (Sunday to Saturday) from the beginning of the year. Eg: Dates 31/12/06 - 06/01/07: Count:7 for Pass injury, etc. TIA & hope I explained it well enough. Kevin On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:10:01 -0700, KevinT <KevinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a database that includes all accidents drivers ha...

Relationships in frontend vs. backend
I recently split our Access database into front-end and backend. This week I opened the backend, created a number of tables, and established their relationships to each other and to existing tables. It was very disturbing to open Relationships in the front-end and discover the old relationship model. Then I opened the backend and found it as I had left it. Where is the correct place to edit relationships? How to I keep the two in sync? Thanks for your help. The relationships and integrity is always maintained in the back end. if you think about this, what would happen if we had ...

Query Optimization Help
Hi, GP 8.0 SQL I am trying to create a view for looking up sales data. The view is very slow so I am trying to optimize it. I ran the execution scan and it shows two table scans. I am trying to change the query to avoid these scans, however, I am stuck. THe tables I am joining are SOP30200 and SOP30300. I've isolated a part of the query that I believe is generating the most cost. Here it is: (SELECT T1HEADER.SOPTYPE, T1HEADER.SOPNUMBE, T1HEADER.DOCID, T1HEADER.DOCDATE, T1HEADER.PRCLEVEL, T1HEADER.LOCNCODE AS LOCNCODE, T1HEADER.CUSTNMBR, T1HEADER.CUSTNAME, T1HEADER.CSTPONBR, T1HEADER...

Index/Match vs VLookup?
Excel2003 ... My understanding is ... an array "Index/Match" Formula calculates faster than a "VLookup" Formula ... If so, then I would like to use "Index/Match". Also, I often do use "Index/Match" as the Index can be either R or L of target cell. Issue ... with 2 Cols of 40,000 records ... Index/Match Formula fails to copy all the way down the 2nd Col ... It seems to fail @ about 20,000 records down the 2nd Col (one clarifier ... I am on the same WorkSheet ... adjacent Cols) Above said ... Am I up against an "Index/Match"...

Reports and Forms Customizations After Migration to GP8
Hi i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the phone field format returned to the original. how can i solve this issue? regards Nader Formats are not transferred using packages. You will either need to keep your original forms and reports dictionaries and upgrade them, or remake the format changes. I would suggest recording the format changes using a macro, so they can easily be re-run if required. ...

Access 2007 form view search box
I have Office 2007 (moving up from Office 97) and am developing a database using Access 2007. In form view, at the bottom with the record selector is a search/find dialog box. It searches every field in the database however I want to limit it to searching only selected fields. Can I get at the code for this search function or do I have to turn off the navigation buttons and build my own record selector and search funtion? Thank you. -- JBM Jim, I don't think you can configure that search box in the horizontal scroll bar of A2007. Perhaps you could add something like this: ...

Embedded TIFs vs. JPGs
Our marketing department uses Publisher for our many many project proposals. We have Publisher documents saved that are used as ‘templates’ for the proposals we create – start from a template and add to that any information needed for the current proposal. The template files have a lot of embedded images which are TIF files. As we add pages to these files, they are become very large (200 MB sometimes) that modifying them in Publisher is becoming a chore and performance is poor. Linking the images is not an option. My questions: If we replace the TIF files with JPG files: 1) The fi...

Visio DFD symbol query?
Gredins, Im a student who using Visio to draw a set of DFD diagrams, I have opened a new file -> Software and Databses -> Data Flow Model Diagram OR file -> Flowcharts -> Data Flow Diagram but neither furniture/set of symbols quite look like the DFD's Ive seen in regular textbooks. I'm usign visio 2007 with no additional shapes or templates. To expand on this and to explain myself the data stores symbol does not look like the regular one which can be thought of as a square within a rectangle with the righthand side missing. Its either parellal lines top and bottom o...

Close Forms
I have a "Main Menu" switchboard style form that has numerous buttons that open forms. Each button opens a form, and each form has a menubar/toolbar that has a "Exit", "Main Menu", "Filter", etc. buttons at the top. Once I open a form and press the "Main Menu" button, the original form stays open. How can I close this form using this "Main Menu" button. I am not sure where the vba code would be. Thank You - Tim In the On Click event of the "Close Form" button, put 2 lines - one to reopen the Main Menu form and on...

Search Form
I have read some help articles on sub forms, however, have yet to find the solution that helps me. Some groups have stated that this is not known, however I know there has to be an easy solution: I have a form that also has a subform. The two are linked by a field, [Eno]. When I add records, etc, everything works beautifully. However, If I wanted to search the form from a SUB-FORM field [EMPLOYEE] from the MAIN form, It will now work. I started the search with a unbound text box, - after update which will be the search terms, however, I am trying to figure out VBA code that will ...

VBA input, add to query
I want to use an inputbox in the Form_Load event, and then use that input as a parameter in several queries. Is that possible? How would I put the input values in the queries? (My form uses the data from several queries.) TIA You need to use an unbound textbox to enter the parameter. In the query use this as criteria, replace form & textbox names with yours --- [Forms]![YourFormName]![YourTextbox] The above is for exact match criteria. For start of field use --- Like [Forms]![YourFormName]![YourTextbox] & "*" For match any part of field use --- Li...